HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Deshaun watson might want to be traded.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Deshaun watson might want to be traded.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 12, 2021 02:57AM

Tstamper is right.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 12, 2021 03:00AM

I will admit that I did not want Tua. His history of injuries and playing on a team with vastly superior skill players compared to the opposition were a few of the factors. Wanted Herbert or Allen in the past, you can't teach a cannon for an arm, you can teach WR's how to catch a ball.

That being said, If we traded Tua for Watson I would only do it for a straight player trade, nothing else. Watson wants out and that is leverage for us. If not we have a QB who could potentially be good.

One other thing, someone mentioned Tua's Samoan background well did anyone think that Penei Sewell is Samoan as well.

Date: January 12, 2021 03:13AM

I agree tua could turn out to be a very good qb. The potential is there.

I didnt want the phins to draft him either.

So far so good....he played a few games and no ill effects..we will see when he gets to play a full season.

Date: January 12, 2021 03:17AM

I have to say that i cringed every time he got hit. But he got up everytime.

He has a knack for knowing when to give himself up and not take the big hit when scrambling. That alone can seve his career in the nfl.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 12, 2021 03:41AM

Watson is not the only person not happy with the GM decision in HOU. It is normal in an employment situation to be irritated when you get pulled into a meeting where they say they want your input then its totally dismissed. HOU management made the big deal that they were pulling Watson in the decision making process. Watson has an impeccable reputation in HOU.

Stop telling the players they are part of the process and then renege. I would not like to look like an idiot. Phins said how Minka was a smart intelligent player then when he simply said that he should be spending time at his primary player he is a malcontent. He is an all pro safety that is what he is and the leader in the PIT secondary.

I would not give HOU anything more than what I stated above but yes I would get him if we had the chance.

Date: January 12, 2021 04:34AM

Spot on missou.

Date: January 12, 2021 12:49PM

Not Me. Watson is anything but a Professional. Hes a 25 yr old pampered athlete that thinks the world owes him. All they owe him is $156 Million.

If you told Terry Bradshaw , or Dan Marino , or Joe Montana , True old school professionals that you would be crying about a coach decision , something you have zero input in after getting one of the biggest contracts in NFL history they would laugh.

You signed on the dotted line. YOU MADE A commitment. They Paid you. STFU. The NFL is a team sport. Everyone has a job. DO YOUR JOB. thats it. A 3 yr QB making head coaching decisions!? Really? Houston and all the owners need to set a precedent here. Or risk more players thinking they are more important then the team they represent and going Roque.

I wouldn't want him on my team. BUT that said......if he could make my team better its worth a look. But for what they are asking....TUA and all our picks? LOL. Are you crazy? And a contract that will haunt us for yrs?

No other Team will do it either. Except maybe the Jets. Because they always do stupid shit. We dont anymore. Thank god.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 12, 2021 02:11PM

Thats just your opinion. It doesnt mean you are right.

Date: January 12, 2021 02:42PM

Lol. Thats all its ever been!? When did I ever reply it was anything but my $0.02?

Because I try not to just make a silly emotional statement without thinking about it? I back my $0.02 with some history, some facts surrounding it.

Sorry if that intimates you so much.

Your funny Sam. Jesh.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 13, 2021 11:40AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We already know you are right all the time tcpf.
> Lol

Sorry Sam, TCPF is correct.

Date: January 13, 2021 12:26PM

No he is not. Watson is a true proffesional.

Teams cant go making promisses they cant keep.

These are grown men and deserve respect.

Date: January 13, 2021 12:34PM

But that probably has happened to tcpf many times. Thats why he agrees wkth the taxans way of mishandling the situation.

Date: January 14, 2021 03:37AM

If we trade Tua straight up for Watson I would be ok with that. Otherwise if we have to give up a draft pick then I would not do it.
Huge salary to take on would be one thing but then to loose draft choices over it is to much of a price to pay.

Date: January 14, 2021 03:53AM

astro34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we trade Tua straight up for Watson I would be
> ok with that. Otherwise if we have to give up a
> draft pick then I would not do it.
> Huge salary to take on would be one thing but then
> to loose draft choices over it is to much of a
> price to pay.

NOT TO MENTION......They would want our 3rd and 18th pick plus TUA , Thats 3 #1's AND they want our Pro Bowl Cornerback Howard. Yes.Lol. Seriously.....grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 14, 2021 05:36AM

Tua for watson and a number 1 next year.

Date: January 14, 2021 06:16AM

houstons #1 or ours?

Date: January 14, 2021 06:42AM

I would give tua....our number 18h pick overall this year and a first next year for watson.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 14, 2021 07:33AM

TT is here to stay and will be given time to develop. (That is my opinion). He was a gamble and investment in the future success of the team. BTW, not too many investments are not gambles unless you're the owner of the great Secretariat--then it's a sure thing. cool smiley

Building a team of play makers to complete the air offense is a must and so is surrounding TT with superb pass blocking and run blocking offensive linemen.

Passing on Devonta Smith IF he's available at #3 would be a very foolish thing to do for the Dolphins. This pick is a must to do followed by selecting top notch linemen prospects to improve pass blocking and run blocking.

This always comes down to wise decision making. Picking the right guy to be the next Offensive Coordinator is extremely important too.

Date: January 14, 2021 07:43AM

Either way its a win-win situation.

If we get smith with 3rd pick and najee harris with the 18th pick i will be happy too.

Then we can address the oline in the second round..guarntee you there will be some good oline prospects in the second round.

Date: January 14, 2021 07:49AM

Ol samuel cosmi
Wyatt davis
Alijah verva tucker
Trey smith
Jalen mayfield.

Date: January 14, 2021 07:54AM

Samsam I would not give up that much for him. Getting the right OC is a big thing.

I always look at drafting players like this. Is the #1 player at that position in my evaluation head and shoulders above the rest or is the #2 or #3 player close to the #1 guy, what is the gap.

I think Sewell is way above anyone at his position. There are at least 3 receivers that could go first receiver off the board but only one Tackle. If I had to stay at 3 and two QBs go before them I would have to draft Sewell.

Date: January 14, 2021 07:59AM

Astro i believe qe improve the oline with a couple of ol players i mention if they fall to the second round.

Devonta smith is a game changer. Would be hard to pass at with the 3rd pick.

The oline is not there yet but 3 of the 5 were rookies and id like to think the would do way better in 2021.

Date: January 14, 2021 08:02AM

It goes both ways if we drafy receivers that get separation...tua gets the ball out quicker therefore the oline looks better.

Date: January 14, 2021 11:09AM

Hopefully our Team meets with Sewell and Smith. Both of these kids are insrant superstars. Its going to be interesting to see which way our front office goes.
But we won't likely privy to whatever sways them one way or another. Again A new OC should be #1 priority.

If its a more run friendly offense I see Sewell and the best RB available in the 2nd round. Best Reciever at 18.

If its more pass....which should be the direction taking TUAs top5 status...I see Smith at #3 and a lineman at #18.
Best RB in 2 with a Linebacker.

Unless the Jets pass on Fields...I see a 5% chance of that because the Jets are .....well the Jets. Then Miami will be deluged with Pick offers.

Maybe back 3 spots to Detroit and we can still get Smith or Sewell......

Again......cant lose from any scenerio.A nice place to be in.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 14, 2021 12:29PM

Any body wonders why marinos offensive lines were never bad olines?

Marino had a quick release and the receivers like duper and clayton irvin friar mcduffy...got much separation from dbs...

Therefore the oline looked good...

Not once did i hear say miamis line well they are a little bit shacky...not once.

Marino made the oline look good.

Not comparing marino to anyone...dont sart with that tcpf. Just saying that a talented qb can make an oline look good.

More than once i heard this year the announcer say tua has a quick release...now we need receivers that can get open...tua was playing this year with receivers from the jv squad. He needs some varsity receivers.

Date: January 14, 2021 12:36PM

Marino played what? 16 years...he had to have sometime in his career a shaky oline....come on we even drafted those oline hogs in the first and second round when marino played...god they stunk...

But not once in his career did i hear anyone say thats a shaky oline....

And i followed his career since 1985.

His olinemen seemed to always be good and do rsther well.

Fishy aint it..

Thats about 17 years or so career.

Date: January 14, 2021 12:37PM

After him we never had a good oline again.

Date: January 14, 2021 02:04PM

When you say a good Oline are you taking into account we had zero ground game during those 17 yrs ?. Marino basically stepped back and through it.
His accuracy was unequaled. Oline basically just had to have a good 1st push. Here's the other issue.....when you throw throw throw....you don't control the clock like a good run game and a good defense will.
Thats why he never won a championship. Other teams saw it, and counter balanced his scores.

Some good thoughts though there. Your not entirely wrong at all. Somewhere with your Oline pass rush thoughts, and other aspects of offense we have a formula for winning.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 14, 2021 05:05PM

Watson's whining isn't a good fit for the Dolphins' locker room. I believe Miami has enough leverage to trade up for the #1 overall pick to get Lawrence if they really want to but they won't. I think they'll build around Tua, that's the vibe I'm getting when I read what Flores says. I'd be happy getting Smith at #3, this team needs a legit #1 WR and I think Tua could flourish with him on the roster.

Date: January 15, 2021 03:28AM

Samsam.... while I like Smith at WR I think Ja'Marr Chase is a better overall receiver because he is willing to block and still has great WR skills. I think any of the top 3 WR will be excellent pros.

Moving on to the drafting offensive linemen. Any statement about comparing an average Marino line to every other QB line is foolish at best because he had the fastest release in football, and yes HE didn't need a great line. If we had Marino at QB I would agree , but we don't. I truly believe a great line can make an average QB and RB look great. And not the other way around. I do get what you are saying, I am just saying we have to get the talented QB first, and I do hope it is Tua, if not we better have a great line.

A perfect example is Dallas. Dak and Ezekel looked great their first year because of the best line in football. When the line started to fall apart they just look like average players.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.