HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Deshaun watson might want to be traded.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Deshaun watson might want to be traded.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 08, 2021 10:04AM

The texans are a mess. Deshaun watson would definetely make this team a contender in a hearbeat.

Tua and the 3rd overall pick for deshawn watson.

Actually we become a serious contender if this happens.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deshaun watson might want to be traded.
Date: January 08, 2021 10:38AM

Um no. He has a $156 million garanteed contract.

And we still have no oline to protect him.

Silly rumor.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 08, 2021 10:54AM

Yup...i guess you the know it all has spoken....so no it wont happen. Lmao.

God yous a fool.

Date: January 08, 2021 10:58AM

The oline we currently have is way better oline than the texans have.

We become playoff team with watson

Date: January 08, 2021 11:04AM

I thought you were giving TUA the benefit of the doubt for 5 yrs?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 08, 2021 06:00PM

Give them Tua and their second Watson he is a legit proven commodity and 25

4800 yds 33 TD on a terrible team that traded his primary target

Watson, Sewell, Harris or Etienne and a Godwin or Golliday Allen Robinson in FA

Date: January 08, 2021 06:30PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give them Tua and their second Watson he is a
> legit proven commodity and 25
>
> 4800 yds 33 TD on a terrible team that traded his
> primary target
>
> Watson, Sewell, Harris or Etienne and a Godwin or
> Golliday Allen Robinson in FA

How could we afford any of them 2 yrs down the road with Watson's contract?
Do you want just a playoff team or a legit Superbowl contender?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 08, 2021 07:52PM

TreasurecoastphinFan wrote

how could we afford any of them 2 yrs down the road with Watson's contract?
Do you want just a playoff team or a legit Superbowl contender?

His contract is what top QB get for such performance. All about salary cap management and talent evaluation How did the Pats do it for years

There is no guarantee Tua will take this team anywhere. Foot speed, maneuverability, arm strength still in question. Herbert look a ton better

D won us a lot of games this year. Tua not bad but didn't stand out

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 09, 2021 02:47AM

From my perspective:
- the Texans would be crazy to trade him unless he's absolutely going to be a net-negative to them because of attitude.
- pretty much every one of the 31 non-Texans teams would be crazy not to think about trying to acquire him, excepting KC, SEA, BUF. Obviously there will be teams that consider the price and what they have already, and decide it's not worth it.
- in large part thanks to the Texans, we're positioned better than most teams to be able to compete for his acquisition.

I have been clear that I'm glad we drafted Tua and I think he has done enough to merit further consideration and opportunity with us - and I hope he becomes our elite QB. That's still where I am, and I would say that both CIN and LAC (obviously the other 2 teams who drafted QB high in 2020) should both be among the teams that would be crazy not to think about trying to acquire him.

Regarding our ability to fit his contract into our future salary cap, I would say that if Tua is as good as we hope he is - meaning, in the Watson stratosphere - he will likely be even more expensive than Watson's remaining contract when Tua is up for extension (2023) or 2nd contract/5th yr option (2024). It's obviously a tighter squeeze than Tua's rookie contract for the upcoming couple of years, but to reference an article written on overthecap, the cost of his contract 2021-25 is an average of $29.3M/season, which would be a bargain relative to his talent (and I would add, proven results).

Please hear clearly - I'm not advocating for us to do whatever it takes to get this done. I'd say my main point is that there are probably only about 3 teams in the entire league that, in my opinion, shouldn't even consider kicking the tires.

Date: January 09, 2021 05:29AM

Tsstamper agree 100%. QB like Watson make everyone better , we have seen the the Pats plug in players for a decade
and the Bills and Allen have now replaced the Pats as our major competition

Could Tua get there ? Possibly but Watson is there

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush

Date: January 09, 2021 05:44AM

And i add to all this wondwrfull debate...

We gave a qb lightyears worse than watson 100 million contract in tannehill....

Watson should be a nobrainer if he becomes available.

Date: January 09, 2021 05:49AM

If I were the Jets I would be offering the 2 pick plus Darnold and other picks or trading Darnold to get Watson, Jags could offer multiple first rounders

Does Tua have more value than Darnold?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 05:51AM by jlyell13.

Date: January 09, 2021 09:24AM

Andrew Luck. A generational athlete . Incredible QB with skills you just couldn't teach. Injuries/ mindset put him out of football early.

Joe Burrows. What an athlete. Both players #1 draft picks. Blew out his knee. Hopefully he returns with the same skill set.

Some QB's come back better from injury in the case of Drew Breeze or Ryan Tannenhill. Some don't in the case of Andrew bad Luck.

My point is....Every situation is different. Things change every moment in The NFL. You cant just pluck athletes up , put them in a new city , with a new offense, with new team mates , new coaches and expect them to be the same. AND reality happens. Other team mates get hurt , they get hurt. And EVERYTHING changes. Chemistry is everything.

Take some Dark blue color. Mix it with water. Add a different color. It changes. Everytime. Sometimes its best to keep that stable color add to it more colors to get it back to where it was. OR make it more beautiful.

Stop looking at other teams rosters and wishing for what they have. We tried that with SUH. How did that work out? Rickey Williams? .

But it did work with Peyton Manning. But only because he was cut. He didnt leave. That Chip on his shoulder got him through it. Same as Ryan Tannehill.

I wouldn't want Watson. His team showed him incredible loyalty. $156 million contract. And he wants to leave? Because his feeling got hurt when they didn't include him in on who his next boss would be. F HIM. Who they hell does he think he is? I wouldn't want him on my team. Watson will never be a champion.

TUA recently spoke of family , His uncle and aunt are pastors and are loving people. They treat everyone that comes into their home like family. TUA said That's the kind of love we need in the world today. Born in Hawaii, the youngster has a nickname called Reverend due to his beliefs. He believes in hard work and is known for acknowledging his weaknesses. Accepting them. Working to fix them And coming back stronger then ever. This does rub off on the people around him .

We have had this kid for less then a year. No off season to train , to play. He came in cold with limited talent around him and played well at times.

How can you not be excited about this teams future, to see what he can accomplish with a full off season of training and some players picked especially for what hes capable of?

And you want to trade him AND VALUABLE DRAFT PICKS for a sky high salary of a cry baby gold digger who doesn't know the meaning of loyalty or care about his fanbase.

NO THANK YOU.

Im Part Samoan until he's no longer my QB. I love his heart , his passion to play and get better. And it will make the Miami Dolphins a very special team soon in the future. But you gotta believe. Put the past behind you. Chad Henne. That was this teams darkest hours IMO. I knew he never had anything but back up ability. TUA is going to be special. Just give him some time and the Dolphins a chance to build him a team to help make him successful.

Peyton Manning didn't comeback without help. Either did Drew Breeze. But they were placed in the right situations. Peyton Manning had a private plane flying him to teams he interviewed for the best situation. He picked the Best Oline in the NFL. Breeze sort of made his own luck.....he rehabed his ass off. New Orleans traded away their picks and then got a few back from us after trading Ricky Williams. They both had the best situations around them.

I'll leave you with this :

"Se'i fono le pa'a ma ona vae."

Thats Samoan for "Be careful to think things out before taking action."

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 09, 2021 10:06AM

I'm glad you mentioned something I'd left out - the fact that I would count it a red flag if it is the case that his attitude at being left out of management decision making is the reason HOU would divest themselves of him. I personally don't like it whether it's Minkah doing it to get out of here, or Watson doing it to our potential benefit.

I have several extremely close friends who are Samoan and what you have shared about Tua and his family are spot on for what I've seen among my Samoan friends. Family, faith, respect, hard work, honor are all very, very real foundational elements in their lives. He is absolutely someone whose character is what I want on our team.

I don't think there's any level of success (maybe playing in the AFC championship game and/or Super Bowl) that Tua could have had this year that would have put us (in my opinion) in the KC category of "don't even bother kicking the tires". I'm not advocating for getting rid of Tua. I want our team's management to always do every single thing possible to improve our chances of winning Super Bowls whatever it is within the rules, and I trust them to do so.

I am genuinely excited for the future.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2021 10:17AM by tsstamper.

Date: January 09, 2021 10:13AM

tsstamper Wrote:
> I'm glad you mentioned something I'd left out -
> the fact that I would count it a red flag if it is
> the case that his attitude at being left out of
> management decision making is the reason HOU would
> divest themselves of him. I personally don't like
> it whether it's Minkah doing it to get out of
> here, or Watson doing it to our potential
> benefit.
>
> I have several extremely close friends who are
> Samoan and what you have shared about Tua and his
> family are spot on for what I've seen among my
> Samoan friends. Family, faith, respect, hard
> work, honor are all very, very real foundational
> elements in their lives. He is absolutely someone
> whose character is what I want on our team.
>
> I don't think there's any level of success (maybe
> playing in the AFC championship game and/or Scool smiley
> that Tua could have had this year that would have
> put us (in my opinion) in the KC category of
> "don't even bother kicking the tires". I'm not
> advocating for getting rid of Tua. I want our
> team's management to always do every single thing
> possible to improve our chances of winning SB's
> whatever it is within the rules, and I trust them
> to do so.

Yes Brother! And imagine someone like Sewell of the same mindset guarding his blindside!?

Tuuina atu se luʻi, tulaʻi mai i le taimi.

Given a challenge, rise to the occasion.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 10, 2021 05:28PM

Trading for Watson would not be a good idea. He is showing himself to be a selfish me first player that turns into a problem when he does not get his way. Then there is the $40 Million dollar cap hit, the fact that it would likely take multiple picks (Like as many as three of our top four picks) on top of Tua to get the trade done. Then that would likely leave the team with almost no weapons at WR and mostly the same situation Watson has in Houston right now.

Just say no because its far too expensive and non team friendly to get it done.

Keep Tua and add as many serious weapons around him as we can and let it ride.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 10, 2021 08:22PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> $156 million contract. And he
> wants to leave? Because his feeling got hurt when
> they didn't include him in on who his next boss
> would be.

Agree 100%.

I generally tune out stories about contracts and the like (especially re any team but the Phins) because the subject does not interest me. But I only just learned yesterday on the radio about this being the reason he wants to leave. Players want the same authority as owners and General Managers? No thanks!

Date: January 11, 2021 03:02AM

But the team told watson they would discuss it with him....and then they ignored what they told him. Thats distespectfull to watson...

These are grown men. Not highschool kiddies.

If i tell you iam going to do one thing and turn around and do something completely different how would you feel?

They should not have lied to him.

Bring us deshaun watson.

Date: January 11, 2021 06:15AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> But the team told watson they would discuss it
> with him....and then they ignored what they told
> him. Thats distespectfull to watson...
>
> These are grown men. Not highschool kiddies.
>
> If i tell you iam going to do one thing and turn
> around and do something completely different how
> would you feel?
>
> They should not have lied to him.
>
> Bring us deshaun watson.

LOL. Things change in a heart beat in the NFL. This isn't Dan Marino or Peyton Manning in their 20th yrs.....With only 3 yrs in the NFL this 25 yr old kid wants to be able to determine who his boss is? After signing a HUGE $156 million contract , giving him everything including a no trade clause....he wants to throw a hissy fit and wants to be traded about disrespect?

Really? This is the professional team leader you want Miami to give up their entire future for? Several picks that could change this teams culture? Have you thought this through even just a little bit?

As usually I think not.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 11, 2021 07:14AM

We already know you are right all the time tcpf. Lol

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 11, 2021 07:31AM

#3 pick, Tua and Byron Jones for Watson and a 4th round pick. We are changing OCs so a good time to change QBs.

Date: January 11, 2021 07:49AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> We already know you are right all the time tcpf.
> Lol

Nah. Not even close. But I back what I say with just some facts or reasoning. And if I'm wrong ill man up and admit it.

Still waiting for any reasoning why this would be a good Idea.other then....becuase.

What happens when he dislikes something Mr Ross or Coach Flores does? Does he get to pick the new OC? When passing plays are called? Does he decide our next draft?

Its laughable that you want to pack up our #1 pick and our future for this moron.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 11, 2021 07:51AM

We end up winning that trade mizzou.

The texans probably want the 3rd and 18th pick tua and maybe next years first round pick.

Would that be too much for a superstar up and coming superstar?

He would make this team an instant contender?

Date: January 11, 2021 07:57AM

Can't explain why Sam?

Give us a reason why that's a win if its so apparent.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 11, 2021 08:03AM

Deshaun watson is already a superstar..

Why would you not want him if you have liked other qb we had before who are currently 100 times worse than him.

Date: January 11, 2021 08:08AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Deshaun watson is already a superstar..
>
> Why would you not want him if you have liked other
> qb we had before who are currently 100 times worse
> than him.

Superstar. What does that mean? Does he have AFC wins? Superbowls?
Why would you want a guy who would screw over his fanbase and city ....that has invested so much in him? Because he feels disrespected? For reasons that are none of his concern?
Really?

How did you feel when Ricky Williams decided to just leave after we invested so much in him? Do you even think before you speak?

You are 100% entitled to your opinions. im just asking you to explain them , especially if your going to name call others who have backed thiers with fact and reasoning.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 11, 2021 02:58PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> But the team told watson they would discuss it
> with him....and then they ignored what they told
> him. Thats distespectfull to watson...
>
> These are grown men. Not highschool kiddies.
>
> If i tell you iam going to do one thing and turn
> around and do something completely different how
> would you feel?
>
> They should not have lied to him.
>
> Bring us deshaun watson.

RE: It doesn't matter what they told him. He's an employee and he isn't in any way a part of management in his capacity with the team. And since he isn't a part of management, he has no voice...period. That's a problem with this country right now. Everyone thinks they are entitled to something and deserving of things simply because they want them.

Date: January 11, 2021 03:30PM

They should not have said they were going to include him in the conversation then. Thats why they are about to lose their franchise qb.

The texans are a mess right now.

Date: January 11, 2021 07:45PM

Ken Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But the team told watson they would discuss it
> > with him....and then they ignored what they
> told
> > him. Thats distespectfull to watson...
> >
> > These are grown men. Not highschool kiddies.
> >
> > If i tell you iam going to do one thing and
> turn
> > around and do something completely different
> how
> > would you feel?
> >
> > They should not have lied to him.
> >
> > Bring us deshaun watson.
>
>
> RE: It doesn't matter what they told him. He's an
> employee and he isn't in any way a part of
> management in his capacity with the team. And
> since he isn't a part of management, he has no
> voice...period. That's a problem with this country
> right now. Everyone thinks they are entitled to
> something and deserving of things simply because
> they want them.

Nothing to add to that. Bravo. Spot on. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 12, 2021 02:50AM

Ken Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > But the team told watson they would discuss it
> > with him....and then they ignored what they
> told
> > him. Thats distespectfull to watson...
> >
> > These are grown men. Not highschool kiddies.
> >
> > If i tell you iam going to do one thing and
> turn
> > around and do something completely different
> how
> > would you feel?
> >
> > They should not have lied to him.
> >
> > Bring us deshaun watson.
>
>
> RE: It doesn't matter what they told him. He's an
> employee and he isn't in any way a part of
> management in his capacity with the team. And
> since he isn't a part of management, he has no
> voice...period. That's a problem with this country
> right now. Everyone thinks they are entitled to
> something and deserving of things simply because
> they want them.

I think it does matter what they told him because it is natural for a person to feel hurt or betrayed or whatever if they have been told one thing and then had another thing happen. Ownership and management certainly have the right and discretion to say one thing and then do another, but they should also know the likely consequences of doing that. And, they bear the responsibility of dealing with those consequences.

In terms of the entitlement issue, I'm with you. I don't think he was entitled to his employer telling him what they planned to do, and I'm not sure - other than that it seems to be the general way of doing things currently - why they would do that.

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.