HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Bills: Gameday Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Bills: Gameday Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 02, 2021 11:09AM

The Dolphins post season may hinge on the team beating the Bills in Buffalo--the last regular season game. The Bills are 12-3 and the Dolphins are 10-5. Win or lose, it still comes out to 10 wins. This is a big step for the team and the franchise, IMO.

The Bills seem to be red hot at this time and Josh Allen has proved the naysayers wrong in that Allen is a franchise QB. I've enjoyed watching the Bills play this year because Allen has really progressed in his delivery and accuracy. Tua on the other hand, is a rookie and has shown indecision in wanting to make some throws or run for yardage when no receiver is open. He needs o-line protection more than ever Sunday as I'm certain if we fans see his indecision, so do the smarter coaches going over tapes seeing how our rookie is handling different situations. The Bills, should give Tua lots of different looks to confuse him and make him more indecisive. So, the o-line must seize upon the 5-6 seconds of each offensive play to block and slow the Bills' rush. I hope they are succeed throughout most of the game.

Our defense, especially the secondary, will be challenged and taxed. Whoever is being covered by Byron Jones, man to man, may have an advantage over Jones, who hasn't fared well from what I've seen in past weeks--he has been a weak link. I hope Jones can improve his coverage against the Bills. Watch for the elite Stefon Diggs--he's an amazing receiver.

The game starts around 1 pm tomorrow.

Go Miami!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Bills: Gameday Thread
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 02, 2021 11:16AM

We need 2 receivers in the first round like stefon diggs

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2021 12:39PM

I remember last year this time when the Phins were headed into Foxborough and certain defeat. For some reason I opted out. I don't remember what I was doing on that Sunday but, it was not football related.
I ended up missing an exciting upset led by the "Beard of Wisdom" which marked the beginning of the nosedive of the Patriots dynasty.
What a game to miss. The highlights on the NFL network were just not the same.
It would be like going to the PortaPotty and missing the Hindenburg landing.
The only thing that comes close in my life was dozing off for a minute during a Superbowl halftime show and missing Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction. It won't happen again.
Go Phins.

Date: January 02, 2021 04:28PM

December 4th , 2005.
Dolphins trailed the Buffalo Bills 23-3 in the 4th Qtr. I was there with my dad and my oldest who was 5. The stadium emptied out and we did too.

Got home and my wife was like....that was amazing huh? I'm like huh? She said that comeback! And you were there!

With only 25,000 fans remaining Sage Rosenfeild launched a comeback after Gus Ferote was benched. Dolphins won 24-23 and I missed it. Still had a great day with the old man....but I'll never do that again ever. We were there when we beat the Bears in OT that sort of made up for it 2 seasons ago.

I believe.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2021 09:14AM

21-3, At this point why even try, Tua isn't

Date: January 03, 2021 09:34AM

We are watching A Bills' blow out of the Dolphins.

I see nothing with Tua. He may not be the QB answer we were hoping for.

Date: January 03, 2021 09:41AM

I think it's safe to go use the porta-potty at this point.

Date: January 03, 2021 09:49AM

The Dolphins are terribly outclassed in this game. The Bills passing game is superb and the running game is working too.

With no "A" players as receivers--that includes Parker and Gesicki, the Dolphins can't do much in the passing game to move the ball. Moreover, Tua doesn't have any spark. His balls flutters when thrown.

We have just 6 points--two field goals--the Bills have made scoring look easy and have 28 points at half time.

Tua is a big disappointment.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 03, 2021 09:59AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are watching A Bills' blow out of the Dolphins.
>
>
> I see nothing with Tua. He may not be the QB
> answer we were hoping for.

Good thing we have 2 first round picks huh?

Grier and Flores are probably kicking themselves in their butts for not drafting Herbert instead.

Even more painful is for us fans to know that we're on our 22nd starting QB since Dan left and still haven't gotten it right since sad smiley

I'm all in for keeping Fitz on board beyond this season, and not to be Tua's backup either while the search continues for a young successor.

Date: January 03, 2021 10:09AM

We scored. That's good, but Tua remains disappointing.

The hype was just that....sad smiley

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 03, 2021 10:15AM

It was a good run, guys but the team just isn't a playoff caliber team yet. We need for Grier to hit some home runs with our picks. We need playmakers. We need some additional offensive lineman for depth and potential starters depending on how the rookies pan out. Even if we'd made the playoffs, we'd have been one and done. BTW, I just watched Ford just drop a sure first down grab that hit him between the numbers.

Date: January 03, 2021 10:31AM

I'm not going to make excuses for Tua who has been less than stellar, but outside of Devante Parker and Gaskin, he's getting no help whatsoever. Outside of Parker and Gesicki, we have the worst receivers in the entire league.

Date: January 03, 2021 10:34AM

colonel Wrote:
> We scored. That's good, but Tua remains
> disappointing.
>
> The hype was just that....sad smiley

Colonel, I'm disappointed as well in Tua's performance, but excepting Parker, he's getting no help whatsoever. Ford has been abysmal. Is Hollins even playing? Bowden looks like a QB playing receiver. Malcolm Perry ought to be on a milk carton listed as missing. We need a huge infusion of talent of pass catchers for next year. This group stinks.

Date: January 03, 2021 10:35AM

I'm convinced Tua was not picked by Grier or Flores. Nobody would put their job and reputation on the line by picking a kid in a hospital bed at #5. No, Tua was picked by Ross. Nothing else makes sense.

Date: January 03, 2021 10:35AM

Tua seems off.....definitely a step behind then he tries to rush it to make up for it. I admit I felt better about him yesterday. I still think he deserves another year to prove himself , but some competition may not be a bad thing. 3rd overall pick competition? I'm gonna reserve making that call today. Yesterday I would have said no. TUA needs to be better.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2021 10:39AM

Starting to feel like Marino's final game at Jacksonville.

Date: January 03, 2021 11:05AM

Buffalo's back-up QB is outclassing our "Generational Tallent"

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 03, 2021 11:46AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> We need 2 receivers in the first round like stefon
> diggs

RE: Exactly.

Date: January 03, 2021 12:01PM

I just watched some of the "5th Quarter" on local channel 33 here in South Florida. Flores was interviewed and the bottom line was the team played lousy. He said that over and over to every question.

Moreover, I truly believe this blow out game and lackluster performance greatly embarrassed Flores. He rambled on about the team's overall performance and stayed away from criticizing individuals. He threw no one under the bus as they say.

Agree that there is a big question mark on Tua and many of the so called "skilled" positions on the team. We need more and better play makers for sure and I'm wondering about that 3rd pick in the draft, thinking the Dolphins should pick a QB prospect to compete with Tua. I wasn't thinking that way until this game got underway. Watching how Tua throws the ball compared to the effortless throws by Allen--a marked difference in throwing ability and arm strength. Better receivers would help Tua, but his arm strength is lacking, IMO.

All and all, what a horrendous showing by the Dolphins. What a bummer.

The Dolphins will miss the playoffs. Colts should be able to beat the Jaguars.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 03, 2021 12:06PM

I didn't think Miami could beat Buffalo but Jesus H Christ. 56-26? What an embarrassing loss.

And there is no way that the Jags will beat the Colts. Bye bye wildcard playoff spot. This team would be one and done anyway so there's no point in prolonging the inevitable pain.

Date: January 03, 2021 02:11PM

In September I wrote this about Tua: "More often than not the media has fallen in love with a player just to find out that they were overzealous in their commentary. I too have doubts about Tua's play in the NFL. Playing time will eventually prove or disprove what kind of force we have at QB. In the meantime, we skeptics just have to wait and see while we watch Fitzpatrick and the new offensive perform. Be patient "grasshoppers." "

The prominent sentence in this past statement is: "I too have doubts about Tua's play in the NFL. Playing time will eventually prove or disprove what kind of force we have at QB."

After today's pathetic and embarrassing performance by the entire team, my sensibility is that Tua is not the pro prospect, the force, he was hyped to be. We need to draft one of the top college QBs, if not, then WR Devonta Smith, if available, with our 3rd pick (from Houston).

Decisions like this are tough and not guaranteed to be right. The Dolphins gambled on Tua and he is not close to showing he has the right stuff. sad smiley

Date: January 03, 2021 02:22PM

Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Bob Griese and Eli Manning, didn't have big arms either and they did pretty well once surrounded by talent. Not having a cannon does not mean you can't or won't be a very good NFL QB.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2021 04:21PM by Ken.

Date: January 03, 2021 02:55PM

Tua's stats today: 35 catches, 58 att, 361 yds, 10.3 avg, 1 td, 3 int, 1 sack, 6 rushes, 28 yds (Which led the team BTW) add to this...

11 drops by the WRs, one fall by Parker for a pick 6, zero run game.

But yes let's blame Tua for the loss!

Date: January 03, 2021 03:24PM

Ken Wrote:
> Tua's stats today: 35 catches, 58 att, 361 yds,
> 10.3 avg, 1 td, 3 int, 1 sack, 6 rushes, 28 yds
> (Which led the team BTW) add to this...
>
> 11 drops by the WRs, one fall by Parker for a pick
> 6, zero run game.
>
> But yes let's blame Tua for the loss!

Exactly Ken. Not to mention 56 points.Thats on the defense. Atrocious.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2021 04:40PM

Then there are these little nuggets. Our defense as vaunted as it was mostly struggled against larger receivers and against quick or fast offenses. We have a slot CB (Rowe) that cannot cover a TE, at all, period yet we insisted that he do so all by himself. We have a highly paid CB (Jones) which gave up big play after big play all season. We have another CB (Needham) who was very up and down this year and a general inability to tackle. Our pass rush doesn't all too often and we gave up too much yardage this season and you have a group that has a lot of improving to do.

We are just not good enough as a team right now, we were close but no cigar. I hope we add the parts to make a real improvement next year. A new starting QB should not be one of them. If the team wants to draft one after the second round then great but Tua should not in any way be on the hot seat.

Date: January 03, 2021 06:20PM

Clearly our running attack is inconsistent. The caliber of RB is one facet, the other is the run blocking. These two areas need to improve either by better coaching and learning that improves the player's ability or an upgrade in personnel. Same holds true with our receiving corps. More play makers are needed. We may have one 'A' receiver in Parker, but Gesicki is still learning and is probably a 'B' TE. Watching other TEs around the league tells me he has a distance to go to be considered a major offensive threat.

So, if we can enhance these areas on the offensive side of the game, the Dolphins will be more competitive. The defense has improved over past years but as has been pointed out, tackling isn't stellar and coverage is inconsistent throughout the secondary. Bryon Jones, expected to be one the best DBs in the NFL missed that level by quite a bit. He was picked on because his coverage was deficient.

Tua is nothing special and only time will tell if he matures and progresses so we know for sure whether he'll be close to being much better than average.

This loss was painful for the fans (you and me) but equally disappointing for the players and the coaches. Flores was embarrassed for the team today, IMO. That will burn and burn inside him, again my opinion. 10-6 is an improvement from past years...that's a good start.

Date: January 03, 2021 09:13PM

Ken Wrote:
> Then there are these little nuggets. Our defense
> as vaunted as it was mostly struggled against
> larger receivers and against quick or fast
> offenses. We have a slot CB (Rowe) that cannot
> cover a TE, at all, period yet we insisted that he
> do so all by himself. We have a highly paid CB
> (Jones) which gave up big play after big play all
> season. We have another CB (Needham) who was very
> up and down this year and a general inability to
> tackle. Our pass rush doesn't all too often and we
> gave up too much yardage this season and you have
> a group that has a lot of improving to do.
>
> We are just not good enough as a team right now,
> we were close but no cigar. I hope we add the
> parts to make a real improvement next year. A new
> starting QB should not be one of them. If the team
> wants to draft one after the second round then
> great but Tua should not in any way be on the hot
> seat.

Very good. You identified many of our weaknesses. thumbs up Spot on. Thats how you improve.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 03, 2021 09:17PM

colonel Wrote:
> Clearly our running attack is inconsistent. The
> caliber of RB is one facet, the other is the run
> blocking. These two areas need to improve either
> by better coaching and learning that improves the
> player's ability or an upgrade in personnel. Same
> holds true with our receiving corps. More play
> makers are needed. We may have one 'A' receiver in
> Parker, but Gesicki is still learning and is
> probably a 'B' TE. Watching other TEs around the
> league tells me he has a distance to go to be
> considered a major offensive threat.
>
> So, if we can enhance these areas on the offensive
> side of the game, the Dolphins will be more
> competitive. The defense has improved over past
> years but as has been pointed out, tackling isn't
> stellar and coverage is inconsistent throughout
> the secondary. Bryon Jones, expected to be one the
> best DBs in the NFL missed that level by quite a
> bit. He was picked on because his coverage was
> deficient.
>
> Tua is nothing special and only time will tell if
> he matures and progresses so we know for sure
> whether he'll be close to being much better than
> average.
>
> This loss was painful for the fans (you and me)
> but equally disappointing for the players and the
> coaches. Flores was embarrassed for the team
> today, IMO. That will burn and burn inside him,
> again my opinion. 10-6 is an improvement from
> past years...that's a good start.

No doubt Colonel. Our Oline / running game and receiving corps all need work. Defense was touted as elite but had major flaws going against Buffalo twice this season. That Ring in hanging there....but we cant reach it. So we create another stepping stone this season until we can jump and grab it.

10-5 ....today was disappointing. We have to get over it and move on. We are going in the right direction.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.