Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins could do something no other team has in 2 decades.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins could do something no other team has in 2 decades.....
Date: December 25, 2020 12:32AM

Its a Longshot, but Miami could be the first team to make the playoffs and have a Top 3 pick in the draft since 1999.

The Texans are playing the Bengals this week and if Cincinnati somehow pulls off another upset, that would put the Texans on track to earn the THIRD overall pick, which would then go to the Dolphins. To land the third pick, the Texans would have to lose out -- they play the Titans in Week 17 -- and then both the Panthers and Falcons would likely have to win at least one of their two remaining games since both of them currently hold the strength of schedule tiebreaker over Houston (The Falcons play Kansas City and Tampa Bay while Carolina will play Washington and New Orleans).

As for the playoffs, the Dolphins actually control their own fate: If they win their final two games over the Raiders and Bills, they'll make the playoffs no matter what else happens around the league.

Getting to the playoffs in a season where you also land a top-three pick is almost unheard of. The last time it happened came in 1999-2000 with Washington.

Alot has to happen but hey crazier things have occurred. TOP 3 would be valuable in this draft. We could address every position with that pick alone and still have another first rounder.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins could do something no other team has in 2 decades.....
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 26, 2020 02:55PM

So....

Go Dolphins, of course
Go Carolina & Atlanta
Go anyone playing the Texans.

Date: December 26, 2020 04:55PM

You got it!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2020 08:40AM

I can't believe thus may actually happen.

Dolphins might have the chance to pick the biggest offensive weapon EVER or draft back for a gold mine of other picks......

According to Pro Football Focus’ Mike Renner, Sewell is the best offensive tackle prospect EVER.

“IN A YEAR THAT SAW FOUR TACKLES DRAFTED WITHIN THE FIRST 13 PICKS, IT WAS THE 19-YEAR OLD OREGON TACKLE WHO LED THE POSITION IN WINS ABOVE REPLACEMENT. HIS 95.8 OVERALL GRADE LAST SEASON WAS THE HIGHEST WE’VE EVER GIVEN TO A TACKLE. AND WHEN I SAY IN THE DRAFT GUIDE THAT HE DOESN’T HAVE WEAKNESSES, I AM NOT LYING.” – MIKE RENNER, PFF

I might have to change my opinion on taking a 1st rounder over drafting down.... this guy instantly gives Tua 3 seconds to drop back.....and a killer run blocker

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 28, 2020 08:47AM

Jake long was one of the best and played what 5 years?

Injuries can happen to any player.

Best rb and receiver in first round.

Date: December 28, 2020 09:07AM

Problem was after Jake there was no one else. The Oline is a combination of players all working together. Miami has a very talented young Oline that would just come alive with a guy like Sewell, Miamis line could be elite.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2020 09:17AM

I would had taken matt ryan over long and over all the qb scrubs weve had over all these years...

We probably make playoffs 2 or 3 times with him...I would had taken been in the playoffs 2 or 3 times over none.

I wanted

1. brees
2. matt ryan
3. deshaun watson.....we needed to trade up to get him so at that time when we didnt know how good he was going to be ....it was to expensive to trade up.

4...Lamar Jackson....dont you remember me going in the draft.....Lamar jackson is still avalable...he still available.

Date: December 28, 2020 01:01PM

Yes. You just wanted a QB. Any QB. If I asked you in that same draft did you want Sam Darnold that went #3 to the Jets or Lamar Jackson you would have said Higher pick.....better QB. You still say that today.

My point was we already had someone who was better then all of them. But without a decent coach and a good team no one can be successful.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2020 03:02PM

I said i wanted lamar jackson at our spot. We could not take darnold because he was already gone.

If the phins would had taken my approach every year of drafting a qb high in draft we would already had our star qb.

And you saying tannehill is better than lamar jackson? Sure he is.lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2020 03:03PM by samsam3738.

Date: December 28, 2020 05:55PM

Sam. Stop it. You make me laugh so hard I almost can't breathe.

Tannehill has the highest QB rating in the NFL , 2 yrs in a row. Exactly 2 yrs after you said he would never start again... " Riding the pine boy!

And you want to latch on to a young QB LIKE Lamer Jackson ... like you predicted his greatness. Anyone can go back in time, pick a good player Lol.

Stop it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 28, 2020 05:58PM

Getting back to the thread title.....

Miami could be in the best situation in this draft.

#3.

If the Jets take Sewell at #2.....we trade down for a team desperate for a QB. Jets take a QB......We get the best lineman to walk the planet. Cant lose!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.