HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets and Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets and Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 17, 2020 06:50AM

I don't think it's going to be like the "thriller in Manilla," or anything really memorable, but our favorite rivals will take on the Dolphins with the hopes of winning a game.

With Adam Gase captaining the Jets' ship thus far to zero victories, he's hungry for a win and so are his players. Yet, the Dolphins have been gaining traction offensively and defensively and had a very productive game beating the 49ers last time out. Players are gaining confidence, play is more synchronized, and they collectively will endeavor to improve more at each position this Sunday afternoon.

It's another late game starting around 4pm. So, if your schedule permits, sit a spell, kick back and watch the Flores Dolphins' torment Adam Gase and his hapless Jets.

Go Miami! Play like champions. smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets and Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Date: October 17, 2020 01:08PM

We go .500 tommorrow!!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 18, 2020 09:02AM

Let's go Dolphins!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 18, 2020 10:03AM

Don't look now but, NE is losing to the Broncos 18 - 3 at the end of the 3rd. We could very well move into 2nd place in the division with a win over the Jest today.

Date: October 18, 2020 12:30PM

Not just that but, only a game and a half out of 1st place IF Buff loses to the Chiefs tomorrow.

Date: October 18, 2020 12:49PM

IF the Jest don't fire Gase after this game then they're officially tanking for Trevor.

Date: October 18, 2020 03:25PM

USHERED IN THE TUA ERA!!
I loved seeing Ryan Fitzpatricks reaction as TUA took his first snap!

Great seeing that. Fun day with my boys. Shutting out the jets...doesn't get much better.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 18, 2020 03:32PM

The Jets get the "Bronx cheer." Shutting them out is marvelous, however, I've always liked Joe Flacco and do feel bad that he's on this Jets "team" run by Gase, who again proves he is not a very good HC.

Congratulations to Fitzpatrick for another good game despite throwing interceptions. O-line is doing very well on the running side.

Tua has been initiated. Good for him. cool smiley

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 18, 2020 04:17PM

Great day for Dolphins football! I wanted a win but a shutout is even better yet. Super cool that Tua got his feet wet cool smiley

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 18, 2020 10:39PM

Love that we took care of business and were able to do so without playing anywhere near our best.

Some things I particularly liked:

- the fact that our 2 backup TE scored TDs...spreading the scoring opps around so that teams can't almost naturally assume that if they defend Gesicki, Parker and the QB sneak they'll be keying on the right players.

- a well-run screen pass to Gaskins. This has been missing from our repertoire for ages.

- pressure and sacks. I get that the past 2 weeks we haven't been playing world-beaters at QB/WR by any stretch...but the concept of good CB coverage giving the line a bit more time to pressure and sack is working. If you look at the top 10 in sacks so far this season and ID the one that doesn't belong based upon historical performance, it would be Ogbah who has nearly reached his career season high already.

- Tua showing some poise. In the grand scheme of things, the game was clearly in the bag. But, with us backed up to the end zone, I wouldn't have had my feelings hurt if Flores had had Fitz finish it out. That said, Tua made a little something positive while being pressured in the end zone and then converted a 3rd down. Nothing to get overly excited about, but a nice little showing.

Certainly, there are things that need to improve, but it's more fun to focus on the positive and let them work on improving and getting healthy over the bye.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.