HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins at 49ers: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins at 49ers: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 10, 2020 05:54AM

The Dolphins this Sunday have made the long flight to SF to disrupt the 49ers and play havoc with Jimmy Garoppolo's offense.

It time for the Dolphins's secondary to come alive, play together as a unit, understand coverages and take it to the 49ers in SF (2-2). Yes, we can do this! The Dolphins have talent and it's time they get traction on offense and defense. cool smiley

Garoppolo has been out since spraining his ankle against the Jests, so he's probably a bit tentative. When we pressure him, mistakes are likely to happen--be on your toes secondary.

This is a late game and starts 4pm EDST (or thereabouts). Tune in, sit back and watch the game. The thread is here so voice your thoughts about plays just after they occur, if you can. Let's get some energy going between us for our team.

Go Miami! Go Fitzpatrick--"get 'er done."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins at 49ers: Game Day Thread
Date: October 11, 2020 10:52AM

Ordered Door dash......waiting for the food and some Miami football!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 11:16AM

Excellent drive down the field for TD and extra point. Good long pass started this drive off with a bang. Keep it up.

Colonel

Date: October 11, 2020 11:22AM

Stopped the 49ers drive on 4th down. Excellent so far. thumbs up

Date: October 11, 2020 11:30AM

Another excellent drive and a run to the left side for a TD. Yes, yes, yes.

Looking good, huh TC!

Date: October 11, 2020 11:37AM

Now THATS defense!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 11, 2020 11:39AM

Hang on to this lead guys....or build on it. Go Phins!!

Date: October 11, 2020 11:42AM

I called out Boyer and Kuntz last week , looks like they are answering the call on defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 11:44AM

Grant should of let that punt go; muffed it and we start deep. C'mon Fitzpatrick...get us going again.

2nd quarter now. Let's go! thumbs up

Date: October 11, 2020 11:55AM

Well, we were outplayed on that drive leading to 7 points for the 49ers. It all started with out bad field position.

Go Dolphins!

Date: October 11, 2020 12:05PM

Fitzpatrick to Parker for 6. Yes!!!!!

Our QB is playing very well and our receivers are getting free and catching. Great. Things are looking up offensively. smileys with beer

Date: October 11, 2020 12:11PM

Fitzy throwing some bombs!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 12:16PM

Gesicki----thumbs up Long, long play! Great throw and catch. Let's get another TD guys.

This is fun!

Date: October 11, 2020 12:23PM

Fitzpatrick read the third down play wrong trying to hit Gesicki for a TD and missed because of good LB coverage. Rather have 7 but 3 more is good for 24 with 2 minutes left in the first half.

Now we need to stop the 49ers and go in with ahead 24-7.

Get tough defense.

Date: October 11, 2020 12:54PM

Mistakes and great plays put us way up at the half. It's a great day for Dolphins fans. We need to keep the pressure up. Don't curl up into a ball but stay hungry for a win. Kick butt. Build confidence.

Go MIAMI!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 01:12PM

Wow. TD....Fitz to Williams!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 01:24PM

Pass down the middle to Williams. Another TD. This is fantastic TC been waiting for this for a damn long time. Fitz is hot today. I love it. The team is making plays.

The last series by 49ers was aided by the Refs. Bad calls kept them alive to get a TD against us. BUT, we responded. That is great to see.

Date: October 11, 2020 01:40PM

Too many penalties committed by the Dolphins keep the 49ers alive. More points so 49ers now have 17.

We need to be smart, but aggressive. Keep putting pressure on them defensively. Nice sack Baker!

4th Quarter and we need to get another TD at least.

Date: October 11, 2020 01:40PM

Yes! The 49ers are seriously falling from grace. Great pass rush, everything is clicking today!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 01:50PM

Ohhhhh. You see that replay of Dak Prescot? Hes done. His ankle completely turned 360*. eye popping smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 01:57PM

I didn't see Dak's Prescott's injury. Ugh I'll catch that later.

Another FG makes it 40 Dolphins points. We have it clicking today. Wonderful effort.

Date: October 11, 2020 02:00PM

Damn, just saw the footage of Prescott's broken ankle. Gruesome. How terrible. I hope the surgeons are really good.

Date: October 11, 2020 02:02PM

Com on!! Yes!!Fumble recovery.....let's see 50 pts!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2020 02:25PM

We had a great day winning 43-17. smileys with beer

All Dolphins fans have to be pleased with this outcome.

Progress.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 11, 2020 04:24PM

I just got to my son's place and his neighbor who's a 49er fan told me the Dolphins won 43-17. I thought he was bullsh1tting me. I looked at the scoreboard on ESPN to see for myself & couldn't be more delighted! Loved watching the highlights, way to go Phins!

I also saw the highlight of Dak's injury. Nasty. I wish you well and a full recovery Dak.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 11, 2020 05:02PM

I am going to try to avoid catching any replay of Prescott's injury--I hate seeing that stuff. Looking forward to his recovery and future highlight reel--against teams other than the Dolphins.

Fitzie was on fire. Amazing day, great win.

Date: October 11, 2020 07:17PM

Yes....we could have went 50 pts but Flores is a classy Mfer. thumbs upgrinning smiley

That was fun to watch! Poor Cowboys fans......sad smiley

The Jets should be fun.........The differences in this game were the defense just seemed in sync. They knew the plays and where able to stop them. I still cant believe the 49ers went for it on 4th and 1 on the 50 in the 1st quarter. It was down hill from there on.

Offensively Starting off the game with a long pass threw off their rhythm early on. The fake punt was nice. We never really established a good run but we threw off them effortlessly.

That was fun!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 11, 2020 11:09PM

What a win! Before the SEA game, I told my son I thought it would be 30-24 Hawks, and it ended up 31-23. This week, we were in agreement with most that the Phins were more likely to lose than win in a close one, though I did say "it's one of those games on the schedule that we might steal". Definitely didn't think we'd watch the utter domination we did.

Obviously it helps that SF had so many people out, including a premier player in Bosa. But, that said, we matched up really well against their offense and the Jets appear to be similar: assuming Flacco starts, immobile QB...nothing special @ WR. I actually think the 49ers OL & RB positions are better than the Jets. Hopefully it's another week of locking down receivers (big props to Rowe for his work on Kittle), merciless QB pressure, keeping the running game from being a difference maker even if allowing some yardage.

Offensively, obviously, it would be huge to jump out to a good lead.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 12, 2020 06:03AM

Im with jc i hate seeing injuries like that. Brings a chill to my spinal cord.

I agree with tcpf....flores is a classy coach as opposed to belicheat when he used to rub it in peoples faces and run up the score.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 12, 2020 09:05AM

My takes from the game.

Van Ginkel looks pretty damn good. He's earned more playing time regardless of Lawson's status.

Ditto regarding Ogbah. Great effort.

Boyer had a decent game plan by attacking the Niners where they were particularly vulnerable.

Jason Sanders has been money.

Xazien Howard looking better and better. I know that he's still not 100% from his injury but it looks like he's getting there.

Preston Williams had a big game. I think he's also slowly getting back to his pre-knee surgery status. Encouraging.

My only real negative comment is Jakeem Grant. My God, every time he prepares to return a punt I cringe. I know his selling point is speed, but you need to be able to catch the ball to use your speed. He reminds me of Roberto Duran-- not his fighting style but his moniker of "Hands of Stone."

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.