HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          " He is a Rare Talent"
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
" He is a Rare Talent"
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 06, 2020 01:17PM

I keep hearing the mindless refrain "He is a rare talent" about Tua Tagovailoa.

Really? On what do you base that? College is over. Now, he has to play with the big boys. Lots of big-time college talent don't make it in the pros. What makes you think that he will?
All the local media act and talk like it is a foregone conclusion, but it's NOT. I remember Marino's first camp. We knew after the first day that he really WAS a "rare talent". No such unbounded enthusiasm from his teammates for this kid, so far all I see is that he runs well in shells and that his arm works. Is he accurate? We think so, but who knows? Is his hip healed? We think so, but who knows? Well, the local media knows, FOR SURE. The national media foolishly takes it as a given. I'm sick and tired of hearing the "rare talent" shtick. PROVE IT TO ME!

In case you were wondering, yes, I am still a Miami Dolphins fanatic, and of course I want them to WIN. To that end, I hope this kid is all that they say he is, but I DO NOT believe in him, and I won't until he proves his worth to me.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: " He is a Rare Talent"
Date: September 06, 2020 01:25PM

Brady is on his way out. Aaron Rodgers days are numbered as is Drew Breeze. The NFL needs more Stars to survive. TUA is very marketable if he can live up to the hype. I agree he needs to show some play but they are hyping him for sure.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 08, 2020 02:39AM

More often than not the media has fallen in love with a player just to find out that they were overzealous in their commentary. I too have doubts about Tua's play in the NFL. Playing time will eventually prove or disprove what kind of force we have at QB. In the meantime, we skeptics just have to wait and see while we watch Fitzpatrick and the new offensive perform. Be patient "grasshoppers." spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 08, 2020 05:37AM

And you so smart. Look where you are in a message board.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 08, 2020 07:07PM

I suppose that this makes sense to somebody. Just not to me.

Rick

Date: September 08, 2020 10:18PM

Lol. His translator got banned. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 09, 2020 10:44PM

"Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa was listed on the first Dolphins injury report of the year as fully participating in practice despite a hip injury."

So.......our #1 pick is already on the injury list. Good news is he participated in practice.....but he definitely still has lingering issues with the surgically repaired hip.

AND.........we have no other QBs on the roster should anything happen to 38 yr old Fitzpatrick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 10, 2020 12:05PM

Talented but injury prone. Thats why i didnt want the phins to draft him.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: September 11, 2020 08:18AM

If a player receives treatment, he's on the injury list. I'm sure Tua has had treatment on his hip every day and it's never come up because it wasn't a regular season game week with an "official" injury list.

Date: September 11, 2020 08:58AM

Correct.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 13, 2020 04:51PM

That’s why we should have kept Rosen. We will have to draft a QB or pick up a veteran to back up Tua once he takes over. I fully expect Fitz to be gone after this season.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 14, 2020 01:11PM

I really don't think that Flores would let Rosen go if he didn't think Tua is ready to come in and play the game if needed. Flores knows more than we do about Tua's health and/or readiness to play.

As far as Tua's "treatment" is concerned, it could simply be just a specifically designed workout or exercise that will continuously improve his durability, not necessarily meaning that his health is still too iffy right now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.