HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Charles Harris Traded to Falcons
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Charles Harris Traded to Falcons
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: May 01, 2020 06:00AM

Finally. What a colossal bust Harris is. 3.5 sacks in three years. I truly hope that Grier did a better job of evaluating his picks this year than when he picked Harris in the first round. Well, at least we got a 7th rounder for him. Honestly, I didn't think we'd even get that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charles Harris Traded to Falcons
Date: May 01, 2020 06:30AM

Wow. We wasted a 1st rounder on him .He is the reason I often prefer to trade out of the 1st round. A 7th is a pittance but I guess it's better then nothing. Good riddance.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 01, 2020 06:39AM

Just had a thought...... think Miami could be making room for J. Clowney? Hes still available and dropped his asking price......eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: May 01, 2020 07:39AM

I think the trade might have been as much for the cap savings that came with it vs. release as it was for the 7th rounder itself.

Not good with TJ Watt sitting there in that draft.

Date: May 01, 2020 08:18AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Not good with TJ Watt sitting there in that draft.

sad smiley

We really should JJ before going defensive. He brought us the best defense Miami ever had ........JJ, Zack, Surtain, Madision. Complete shut down. Too bad we couldn't score though. LOL.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: May 01, 2020 05:00PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tsstamper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Not good with TJ Watt sitting there in that
> draft.
>
>
> sad smiley
>
> We really should JJ before going defensive. He
> brought us the best defense Miami ever had
> ........JJ, Zack, Surtain, Madision. Complete shut
> down. Too bad we couldn't score though. LOL.

Zack, Surtain, and Madison were some of my favorite players ever.

One of my favorite memories as a fan was the day I had close end zone seats during one game, and I saw Zack come out of the tunnel for the second half. The look on his face: completely laser focused. He looked me in the eye as he walked past and I could just tell he was going to deliver a win. And he did.

But their defense was not the best we ever had. The No-Name defense of the early 70s was the best we ever had. I'm old enough to have seen them both play. Our D in the 70s was able to shut down the opponent when it counted. Best examples of that were 1972 season (obviously)--especially the Super Bowl. Garo made that horrible play, momentum went Washington's way...and then our D said "not today" to Billy Kilmer and company. Then the following year in the super bowl- Fran tarkenton did squat against our defense.

I also had the good fortune to once upon a time meet Bill Stanfill (what a southern boy!) and Manny Fernandez (we talked about his most famous play--the stolen handoff. He was extremely cool). Those guys were absolutely amazing on and off the field.

Date: May 01, 2020 05:29PM

No doubt. Great defense wins games.... unless of course you have an extremely lame offense like Miami had at the beginning of this century.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: May 02, 2020 09:43AM

Charles Harris never lived up to his potential, or claimed potential because there wasn't much real potential there.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.