HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2021 draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2021 draft
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: February 26, 2020 06:11PM

Miami has lots of picks this year and next.

Would it be a completely terrible, unrecoverable, mistake if they chose not to draft a QB this year and wait until 21?

This year they could concentrate on:
Build an O-line that could keep the new QB alive and help the running game. Give them a year to come together as a unit.
Build a defense that teams worry about and can stay healthy.
Other problems.

I'm far, far away from an expert in any of this but isn't next years QB class considered to better than this year?

Now this is purely a wish upon a star but, if they wait, maybe by some miracle or help from a miracle worker Rosen becomes the answer and saves the draft pick for something else.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2021 draft
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 26, 2020 06:17PM

The answer to your question about 2021 versus 2020 is no.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 07:11PM

Better chance at top QB this year .

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: February 27, 2020 02:36AM

I question is #1 or #2 rated QB (Burrow and healthy Tua?)that much better than the #3 - #7 QB on your board (Herbert, Love Fromm, Eason, Hurts). If they are then if you want them then go get them, if you think they will be gone. If not let the rest of the league waste draft picks and stay put.

I believe that the second wave of QB's will have success and staying put at #5 is a good plan. We can get a good QB later in the first or even the second round (although I do agree with the trade scenario posted on another thread).

There are many ways to skin this cat, glad Flores is in the room making the choices.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 27, 2020 10:09AM

I just hope we don't give away picks to move up. They want Tua (or Herbert) ok get him at #5 don't give away the house to get him. Especially Tua who will probably sit out the entire year. Did we collect 5 top 100 picks to give them away?

Date: March 13, 2020 01:48PM

It would be insane to "give away picks to move up," Mizzou, but I can't blame you for being afraid our management might be foolish enough to do just that.

Like you said, I believe we can get Tua (although I'm afraid), Fromm, Herbert at 5. Why move up?

Date: March 13, 2020 02:12PM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Better chance at top QB this year .

Would you agree, jlyell13, if I completed YOUR sentence with "Better chance at top QB this year THAN NEXT YEAR."

Date: March 13, 2020 03:28PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 15, 2020 03:09PM

Chyren B wrote

Would you agree, jlyell13, if I completed YOUR sentence with "Better chance at top QB this year THAN NEXT YEAR."

yes. We aren't getting Lawrence can't tank bad enough to get Burrow

right now I am leaning toward Herbert. Big arm and better mechanics than Josh Allen. Tua too risky for #5 IMO unless they are 95% sure he has recovered

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 16, 2020 10:29AM

We should take one in both drafts.

Date: March 16, 2020 11:20AM

Ken Wrote:
> We should take one in both drafts.

Thats exactly the kind of mentality that will kill this draft.If your not SURE of a QB then dont pick him. Of course its a throw of the dice on every prospect , but two QB's in a row is just silly because you need a few seasons to make sure they are the guy. You cant waste first round picks on guesses.

Grab him this season if you must. Be sure. or dont. Next year we have another two. Spend them both if you must to get your guy , but drafting two automatically gives you a 50% success and 50% failure rate automatically.

And this team cant afford it. Its a sinking ship and we have leaky holes everywhere.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 01:17PM

Not picking a qb in the first round for 25 years since dan retired is what got us in this mess in the first place.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 16, 2020 02:04PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:

>
> ....... two QB's in a row is just
> silly because you need a few seasons to make sure
> they are the guy. You cant waste first round picks
> on guesses.
>
>

Two QB's two years in a row is not silly, IMO.

Taking two QB's in the *first round* of two drafts in a row, is silly.

I'd be fine if we took a first rounder this year, and say a 3rd rounder next year. Or the other way around.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 03:43PM

No. What got us here in the first place was not picking a bonafide franchise QB, regardless of what round we pick him in. It's true that the chances of picking one in the 1st round is twice as high as either the 2nd or the 3rd rounds (they are about the same at around 20%), but it is still a long way from certain, at only 41.3%. This fact means to me that we should be picking a QB every year, in whatever round.

Rick

Date: March 16, 2020 06:00PM

We should take a QB EVERY single draft until such time as we know we have our guy.

No matter the pedigree or draft stock no QB is ever a slam dunk until he does it in the NFL routinely.

Gotta keep swinging for the fences in the draft every year. It’s also not the position the player is drafted it’s the quality of the player that’s drafted.

Date: March 16, 2020 08:16PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Not picking a qb in the first round for 25 years
> since dan retired is what got us in this mess in
> the first place.

Not getting a good supporting cast is what got us in this mess.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: March 17, 2020 04:35PM

Just for clarification, I never said draft a guy at the top of the draft two years in a row. I said we should draft a QB every year. We should, somewhere. ‘IF’ that happens to be high picks then good, if not then also good.

Date: March 17, 2020 04:42PM

No, what got us into this mess was drafting Tannehill and not playing him in either a read option or wild cat offensive set as the Titans did.

The difference between a nail and a hard headed person is if you hit the nail hard enough it will go through the wood but no matter how hard or how often you hit a hard head with the message, he will never get it.

Date: March 17, 2020 04:53PM

Ken Wrote:
> Just for clarification, I never said draft a guy
> at the top of the draft two years in a row. I said
> we should draft a QB every year. We should,
> somewhere. ‘IF’ that happens to be high picks
> then good, if not then also good.

Clarification duly noted! smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.