HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wilson & Jones
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wilson & Jones
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 18, 2020 11:51PM

In my mind, it's a foregone conclusion that these two will not be Dolphins in 2020. But, i probably said the same thing about Parker last offseason.

Their release would create about 17 million in cap space, not that we presently need it, but I believe in good fiscal stewardship irrespective of one's current circumstances.

We got a view of what the safety position looks like without presumed starters Jones & Fitz last year, and it left me relatively optimistic about moving on from Jones and saving the cap space (if only to carry forward for now).

Regarding Wilson, I'd say if he were a couple years younger...hadn't had both previous seasons be impacted by injury, I'd probably view keeping him more favorably. While I like our receivers (incl. Gisecki) with or without him, I feel like he brings a versatility that is unique. That said - especially since he's in the last year of his contract - I probably let him go. I would, however, be open to bringing him back at a much lower number, perhaps with decent incentives that are win/win.

In the end, my guess is that they're both cap casualties.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2020 04:01AM by tsstamper.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wilson & Jones
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 19, 2020 02:34AM

Jones is definitely gone.

I think they might try to keep Wilson with new contract

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 02:44AM

Agree to disagree(and this is just for arguments sake, I really am not sure)... I think they both stay based on an argument I made in another thread. We need to space out contracts with older and younger guys or we will never be able to afford the contracts in three years.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 19, 2020 03:21AM

I don't necessarily disagree with the "spacing out contracts" concept, in general. But the ability to carry fwd sort of mitigates that a bit.

Like with the OL thread, I'm coming around to the idea of using some cap & roster for some mid-range (would be nice if they seemed to be trending in the right direction) younger FA. So, potentially repurposing the money to still be spent in the near term on a couple or few young, hungry, healthy, team-first types (not that Wilson isn't a team-first guy)

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: February 19, 2020 05:19AM

I admit I didn't get to see a lot of the Dolphins this year. I am deep Carolina country. So I do agree with getting rid of guys that are not first team players with large contracts and maybe recouping something for them. Don't matter if it is financial, players or draft picks.

I like the OL suggestions many have given. I do believe that is a huge issue we need fixing. Our QB cannot throw a pass running for his life and our running game needs holes.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: February 22, 2020 08:31AM

let me go. sign jake Conklin, logan ryan and draft a few of

Antonio Gandy Golden
Denzel Mims
Kj Hill
Lawrence Cager
Juwon Johnson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.