HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          So...who do you want to draft?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: So...who do you want to draft?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: February 10, 2020 11:53AM

I answered by giving you an example of when we drafted the top defensive guy in the draft who ended up being a bust AND INSTEAD OF RESPONDING TO THAT EXAMPLE......YOU SIMPLY DECLARE VICTORY AND SAY...……."I THOUGHT SO..."

YOU THOUGHT WHAT??????

WHAT DID YOU WIN????

WHY ARE YOU TAKING A VICTORY LAP???

ANSWER THE QUESTION, LITTLE BABY. ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 10, 2020 12:20PM

So you dont have a Top pick for #5?

I picked a Top QB. Even though I think we have no buisness picking one. I figured since you say its a MUST to pick the next Marino.....you might have a clue who it should be. Guess not.

Can you give us 3? Pick 3? drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 10, 2020 12:39PM

This is what Colonel is talking about. You are not even arguing. You are just tossing out conclusions and insults.

I asked you how did Eric Kumerow work out for us.

You didn't answer.

Do you know who he was?

We drafted him at a crucial time when we needed a defensive end/linebacker type.

He busted out.

Date: February 10, 2020 12:53PM

WTF? You keep saying we must pick a QB.
Only a QB will do. #5.

Ok. So who do you want? It's a simple question.

Either give us a pick (I did)or STFU.

Simple.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: February 10, 2020 02:52PM

Here I was going off topic (edited).

My very uneducated opinion (I am not a draftnik nor college football expert):

Do NOT trade up. Take the best QB available whose name is not Tua with our first pick. Herbert is my preference. If Tua is available when we're on the clock for our first pick, then trade DOWN so someone else can take the risk on him.

Then, take another QB in a later round.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 05:00PM by JC.

Date: February 10, 2020 03:24PM

Those were quotes from posts, I believe.

I remember them.

and errrr....it wasn't me who posted them.

Date: February 10, 2020 08:04PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here I was going off topic (edited).
>
>
> My very uneducated opinion (I am not a draftnik
> nor college football expert):
>
> Do NOT trade up.

RESPONSE: Totally agree. Why trade UP from number 5?

Take the best QB available whose
> name is not Tua with our first pick. Herbert is my
> preference.

RESPONSE: I agree. Let Tua spend a couple of years healing and then let him demonstrate at workouts that he has come back completely.

With our first pick, we should pick, if available which is highly likely, Burrows, Fromm, Herbert.

If Tua is available when we're on the
> clock for our first pick, then trade DOWN so
> someone else can take the risk on him.

RESPONSE: I AGREE BUT I DOUBT there will be any takers for the purpose of drafting him specifically. They might want our number 5 to grab someone else.
>
> Then, take another QB in a later round.

RESPONSE: We'll see who's left.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: February 11, 2020 05:40AM

Here is some draft numbers for you that broke down off a website for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Of the Chiefs starters on offense here is where they were drafted:
4 in first round
2 in second
1 in third
1 in fourth
1 in fifth
1 in sixth
1 in seventh
1 not drafted

Starters on defense:
0 in first round
4 in second round
2 in third round
4 in fourth round
0 in fifth thru seventh
1 undrafted

Special teams:
i in third and 1 in seventh

Overall teamsad smiley80 total, probably injured and scout team included)
7 in first
12 in second
7 in third
8 in fourth
3 in fifth
7 in sixth
6 in seventh
30 undrafted

Not sure what they tell us other than draft draft offense in the first round and defense in the second

Date: February 24, 2020 02:46AM

This is about Justin Herbert. He is 6'6" 237 with a cannon arm. For his career has 63.95% completions with 95 td /23 int. He will be 22 when he is drafted (FYI Josh Rosen is only 23) I looked and his skill players were average, a few of his linemen will be drafted.

I have heard he has a few footwork problems that should have been fixed in college but the coaches chose not to address them. Just read an article that says he is now jumped Burrow to the top of the QB boards according to a few sources.

What I find interesting is that he is two time academic all american. I have always stated that given any players that are close in evaluation I would go with the smart kid. (side note Calvin Throckmorton his OT is also academic all american and should be available in the later rounds)

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 24, 2020 03:40AM

The main negative I've heard about him is that he doesn't seem to have the "it" factor. Leadership, elevating the play of others around him, etc. That said, I've never seen him play even a full game, so it's only from what I've read online.

Date: February 24, 2020 05:19AM

Yea I have heard that to, and there is something to be said about a QB who is a vocal leader. I still would draft him over Tua.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 24, 2020 06:08AM

Im beginnig to think we already have a qb like Herbert on the roster in Rosen. Right now I would rather that we draft other positions in round one. Fromm is now the qb I would take with our second second round pick.

1 Simmons OLB
1 Jones T
1 Henderson CB
2 Swift RB
2 Fromm QB
3 Best OL available

Date: February 25, 2020 03:20AM

Mizzou15.... I am just saying if we take a QB at 5 I would take Herbert over Tua

I like your mock draft...although I don't watch much college football, Fromm was the only one I saw line up under center this year, although he has tiny hands, lol

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 25, 2020 09:36AM

NP astro, I respect your opinion.

Im a big college football fan but doesn't make me an expert on anything. From has a touch of Drew Brees to me but Bress has large hands.

Date: February 26, 2020 03:27AM

I do like Simmons a lot with the #5 pick , if he is still there. If one team jumps us to go get a QB, then with Burrow and Young going 1 and 2 .... then one of either Okudah or Simmons should be available at #5

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 10:47AM

Simmons is going to be great. Id be happy with him with the 5th pick.

Then with the second 1st rounder maybe the best passrusher there is at that spot.

With the 3rd 1st rounder draft qb love.

2nd round

rb and OT.

And then after that the best talent at that spot.

Needs...QB OL DL LB RB....i think this are the most pressing needs on this team....Not easy to fix in one year...This is a 5 or 6 year fix.

Another couple draft along with more free agents and a new coach will fix the problems on this team.

Easier said than done.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 26, 2020 10:51AM

But knowing how this organization and ross has worked over the last few year we will trade up for an injured wreck in tua...

If we trade up and give away 2 or 3 high picks then this will undo everything good they have done trading players for picks.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 11, 2020 06:25PM

Not sure about the QB position right now but I want to see us draft Johnathan Taylor at some point. Just the kind of runner I think will do well in the NFL.

Date: March 11, 2020 08:21PM

Everyone is making alot of sense. I guess I dont feel as strong as I have in the past about our first pick becuase we have several others. I'd like to trade down , still get a QB later and more picks , but picking a QB first with opportunities further down in the 1st round to get more help is not wrong either....IF WE GET THE RIGHT GUY.

But I guess that can be said about any draft pick. The first pick just stands out more.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 12, 2020 01:20AM

I know I'm in the minority on this one but if Tua is there at 5 I'd take the chance on him. I would NOT trade up for him.

If he's gone herbert isn't worth the 5th pick. I'd take simmons/okudah or try to trade back. The other picks would on the oline.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: March 12, 2020 01:58AM

It's funny that I've actually also felt less strongly about, to be pretty specific, picking Tua with our first 1st round pick. Prior to his injury, I was pretty convinced he should be our guy and was fretting a bit over how wins could make it more difficult for us to get him. Even post-injury, I've mentally debated whether - if the team has a true conviction about him being "the guy" - trading up to get him makes sense.

I know that there's not a single player on the team that can make or break a team like a QB in today's NFL. I also know that in the past 20 yrs, the only SB-winning QBs picked #1 overall had the last name Manning. In fact, besides them, no SB-winning QB was picked in the top 5 or was the top QB taken in their draft year. I know that CHI moved up for Trubisky @ #2 when Watson & Mahomes were still available. I know we have Rosen, the Cards have Murray and Ravens have Jackson (drafted well after Rosen 2 yrs ago)...and I'll bet the Ravens are currently happiest with their QB situation. I know that Mayfield was sort of a dark-horse candidate to be picked #1 overall...then in his rookie season looked worthy of #1 overall...then got a crapload of talent at skill positions added...then pooped the bed in his sophomore season. Sadly, I know that our medical staff has steered us the wrong way in the past in our pursuit of the right QB.

Where I've landed is a place of relative optimism for the future. We seemingly have a good culture and head coach. That said, and this probably seems like a bit of a cop-out and/or pollyanna, but I'm hoping for Lady Luck to smile on us as she did when we picked the 6th QB taken who fell in the draft. Luck/chance/fortune favors the prepared. No one can convince me that the Pats weren't lucky to pick Brady in the 6th...or SEA Wilson in the 3rd...or NO to get Brees as a FA who wanted to play for us...or the Pack to get Rodgers, etc. Since we can't control luck, it seems best to be favored to be on the receiving end of some good luck by being prepared. Pure coincidence that St. Patrick's day is fast approaching :-)

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 16, 2020 08:55PM

According to SiriusXM NFLNetwork Ch.88, ChyrenB's statement is correct. To me, a damaged hip is bad enough, but if the socket is also damaged (they had a dr. on that had actually seen the x-rays) it sounds as if the problem not only could but probably will re-occur. This doesn't sound like a problem we want to have-certainly not at the price of an early 1st round pick.

Rick

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.