HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Sr Bowl
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Sr Bowl
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 12:34PM

Bradley Anae was a beast, tossing OL around, may have jumped to first round0

Herbert and Hurts looked good, Love mobile, Randall Cunnigham? Josh Kelly a nice RB

Dugger hopping to 2nd or 3rd

Gandy Golden first or second

With Tua's risk I would take Herbert , Love or Hurts unless Tua tearing up workouts but hip injuries are serious. Has any athlete came back from such?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2020 01:03PM by jlyell13.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sr Bowl
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 12:45PM

That injury is new to any professional athlete that I can find. This includes every pro sport in this country, every pro hockey and soccer league and major rugby leagues. So how he will recover is everyone’s GUESS.

Date: January 25, 2020 12:54PM

How does it differ from Bo Jacksons ?

Date: January 25, 2020 12:57PM

Not good Bo and Tua same injury

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2020 12:58PM by jlyell13.

Date: January 25, 2020 03:49PM

Bo Jackson actually subluxed his hip, meaning the hip popped out then went back in and it trapped a blood vessel causing the head of his femur(thigh bone) to die and had to be replaced. Tua broke the socket that holds the ball of the hip in place. Bones heal but the blood supplies could be compromised and the hip socket is lined with cartilage which does not heal well so if he broke the socket then he damaged it. This is an injury that is seen in car wrecks and usually is fixed by a total hip replacement ( according to a doctor friend of mine )

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 25, 2020 04:25PM

Like I said....stay away. Certainly not with our first pick.

Date: January 25, 2020 04:32PM

One more thing , I read he has lost internal rotation in that hip. Meaning he cannot turn his hip inward. All great if you are just walking but playing a sport that requires full movement, I do not think this is a good situation. Like you said .... stay away

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: January 26, 2020 07:32AM

Herbert gets MVP for scoring once in the first quarter on a screen pass ? eye popping smiley

Gordon leading the North scores 3 out of 4 drives and is barely a mention beyond CBS sports online last night after the game?
What more perfect candidate to join the "always left outta-da conversation" Fins.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 26, 2020 09:59AM

AFCbeast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Herbert gets MVP for scoring once in the first
> quarter on a screen pass ? eye popping smiley
>
> Gordon leading the North scores 3 out of 4 drives
> and is barely a mention beyond CBS sports online
> last night after the game?
> What more perfect candidate to join the "always
> left outta-da conversation" Fins.

I like Gordon a lot. I saw a couple of his games and he really looks to have a lot of potential. Very, very quick release. Accurate. More than strong enough arm. If they double down on QB, I think Gordon would be a nice pick.

Date: January 27, 2020 02:30AM

I saw a report that the first four picks may be QBs. I say stay put, let the insanity happen around the NFL. If that happens and Young falls in our laps I would be elated. You could hold that pick for a kings ransom or take him and get Gordon at 18 or 26.

Date: January 27, 2020 07:51AM

Chase young falls to 5.....I'd take him .hes a once in a decade kind of player. So much so , I dont see it happening.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 27, 2020 08:48AM

Anything is possible in the draft.....But i doubt it.

Date: January 27, 2020 04:19PM

Not BPA but..........BPAAPON.

Translation: Take the Best Player Available.....AT Your Position of NEED

Our most critical position of need is Quarterback.

Why go instead to D line?

Date: January 27, 2020 04:27PM

FITZPATRICK
Miami Dolphins
Dolphins
QB
HT/WT
6' 2", 228 lbs
DOB
11/24/1982 (37)
COLLEGE
Harvard
FOLLOW
2019 SEASON STATS
YDS
17th
TD
Tied-21st
INT
Tied-23rd
QBR
8th

How is QB our most critical position of need? Becuase you want a new one?

Our Trenches are and have been our greatest area of need for the last decade. WTF up. Tannehill proved it.

We have needs everywhere. QB is not #1.

We also have options with Rosenberg. Stop being a spoiled child. Stop screaming for a new toy every season.

Your a dolt. A narcistcistic, judgemental dolt.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 27, 2020 05:01PM

This is tiresome...just...the same back at you.

If you still think that we should pass on QB and draft some lineman (as if linemen cannot be busts)....then I'm glad you weren't running our team in the April following our SuperBowl in Pasadena at the Rose Bowl. I was there and we would have won if we had made a single first down. That April we drafted Dan Marino. And don't come back with crap about naming your son after him. Not saying you didn't but let's just discuss what your argument would mean if applied to history.

But had YOU been running that draft instead of drafting Dan, you would have beefed up the O Line.

Don't deny it, it follows from your logic, or illogic more precisely.

Date: January 27, 2020 07:28PM

Yeah, the team needs a better offense and a better defense.....DUUUUHHHH!

We also need a franchise QB in this QB era. This is NOT the 1950s of Jim Brown.

If it were, I'd be more likely to say grab the best linemen first. But more likely, not more certain. I still might instead draft the best RUNNING BACK.

But you would instead be arguing for us to draft more linemen. It would make more sense in that hypothetical than with QB but that's not the case at present.

Date: January 28, 2020 03:32AM

You two are funny to listen to and at the same time frustrating. You both make valid points....a team needs a great OL/DL to be successful..... and a team can always use a great QB

The draft is a balancing act of who you need, who you can get and what is the best value for your team.

We have three first round picks and could improvement across the board. Yes any pick could turn into a hall of famer or be a bust. And just like trading fitzpatrick and tunsil a trade may pop up that we cannot pass on.

I say:
at #5 take the best player that you want...I would be the happiest with Young or Simmons maybe Okudah.... but if they went with Herbert or some other QB that was their guy (except Tua, think his injury is to much baggage) then great. I think OL can be addressed later in first.

At #18 take best OL or Edge or if Brown DL Auburn slides then him and at #26 best player

I believe there will be this feeding frenzy on QBs at the top of the draft then things will settle down so some really good player will be available in the last two first round picks into the second round.

It seems like we will draft a QB and let him sit for a year so if you don't pick a QB with first pick then get Gordon in second and groom him. The playoffs have proven that you do not need a great QB to win games, just a good game manager and one that can do the job when asked.

Date: January 28, 2020 04:01AM

We have 3 first rounders. We need to pick a qb with any of the first 3 picks....whatever they do i will support the teams decision and hope the picks become great players for the dolphins.

Date: January 28, 2020 04:22AM

We HAD our franchise QB. Ask how the Titans are doing with him and a beefed up Oline.

What is wrong with you? Narcissism cant let you even conceive other ideas? Admit the success of Ryan Tannehill in his first season away proved you were as wrong as a OJ juror!?

We can pick a QB. Sure we have enough picks to take a shot. but the posistion
IS NOT critical like you claim .Like you have claimed the last 5 yrs. #1 position of need is Oline. FACT JACK.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 28, 2020 04:39AM

The QB position is critical!....Fitspatrick wont be here for too long.....He is thinking about retirement and we dont know how rosen will turn out.

Date: January 28, 2020 04:44AM

In other words for 20 years we have not had a qb that we could have said......HE IS THE QB OF THE FUTURE.

We had like 15 qbs since dan retired and tannehill is the closest that we could say he was the qb of the future....But soon our hopes went out the window with his inability to run this offense...DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS.

Date: January 28, 2020 06:01AM

For whatever reason Tannehill did not work in Miami.... some guys just need that change of scenery or scheme. I think he got caught up in the mess that was the front office and coaches during his years here. I don't believe he is a QB that cannot be a difference maker...just one that is a good supporting role guy.

Date: January 28, 2020 06:54AM

NO. Tannehill didn't need anything but a decent Oline and a running game and a defense that didnt let 40 points go when we scored 38.
No change of scenery.....a change of Teamates.

But thats over. I think Flores is the man for the job. We have 2 1st rounders next year.....we have options in both Fitz who played fantastic and Rosen who is a former first rounder and learning.

Not saying we cant pick a QB. If its someone they want go for it. But dont pick a QB just because we can. The position is NOT a critical need. We have options. Fitz and Rosen can easily get us through to next season if we choose to beef up the trenches. Even if we pick a QB I doubt they start ahead of either of them anyway.

Some may not want to hear it, but QB is NOT the #1 need on this Team. Hasn't been since 2012. Look around the NFL. Try to see why are best players leave and go on to great success. The Probowl had 6 ex Dolphins! WTF UP!! Start building a great team here. It starts with the foundation. Build a killer Oline and running game. The passing game will have to get better as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 28, 2020 07:41AM

Qb in first round yes. But not tua please. Stay away from the walking wreck.

Date: January 28, 2020 08:23AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Qb in first round yes. But not tua please. Stay
> away from the walking wreck.

LOL......see we do agree on something! Even if he passed all medical evals its just a matter of time before he goes down again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 28, 2020 10:02AM

Tcpf we can agree and disagree on any issues. No biggee. Thats what this board is for. It would be very boring board if we all agree on everything.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 28, 2020 10:13AM

Tannehill is not a franchise QB. He is what he is. He had a nice run this year but when henry got stopped by KC they needed the QB to carry them and he didn't.

Up 17-7 they went scoreless from the 6:49 mark of the 2nd QTR until midway through the 4th. That's tannehill's career in a nutshell. If everything around him is working he's fine. If not, best of luck and the excuses fly. You can't pay a guy like that 26mm/yr and hope to maintain success.

If tua checks out medically he will be the pick at 5. They talked about it all year.

Date: January 28, 2020 10:20AM

They talked it about all year because of it sounds cool. I thing the coaching staff ignored it all year and should ignore it at draft time as well.

Date: January 28, 2020 10:24AM

He's like a child, Sam. When one agrees with him then that person is "A-OK" with him.

When you disagree with him, the brat throws a tantrum. He's got a lot of posters intimidated but not me. And he never will.

Date: January 28, 2020 10:29AM

And he's such a POS, he joked about Tanny upon the occurrence of one of Sport's greatest tragedies.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.