HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Updated FA and Mock
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Updated FA and Mock
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 19, 2020 05:30PM

Would be a real nice offseason

Future QB check
DE upgrade check
OL upgrade Check
RB upgrade check
DB upgrade check
WR Add 2 6,4" and bigger WR to go with Preston, Devante and Gesicki
Check their film!

Could move 2 5's for a 4th for a game breaker like KJ Hamler KJ Osborn

Free Agency

Brandon Scherf OL
Logan Ryan CB
Kareem Hunt RB
Yannick Ngakoue DE

Draft

Justin Herbert QB
AJ Epenesa DE Bradley Anae
Josh Jones OL

JK Dobbins RB
Antonio Gandy Golden WR

Jaylen Johnson CB

Patrick Queen LB
AJ Dillon RB
Jake Driscoll OL

Jordan Fuller S
Kyle Dugger S

Lawrence Cager or Juwon Johnson WR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Updated FA and Mock
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:56AM

I am would be thrilled if that happened.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 12:11PM

Wow, seeing Queen mocked in round 1 in Daniel Jeremiah's latest!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 03:41AM

Right now I have

1 Thomas T GA
1 Biadasz C WI
1 Love QB UT ST
2 Jones T HOU
2 Swift RB GA
3 Lawrence DL LSU
3 Lynch DL BAYL
5 Dallas RB MIA
5 Green CB OK ST
5 Muse S CLEM
6 Coughlin OLB MN
7 Perry WR NAVY
7 Pierre CB FAU

From what Im reading nfl guys like Love. Contribute his jr year stats on loss of weapons and coaches. Saying that he is now my #2 QB. Herbert is #1 but Im taking an OT w/ the #1 pick. Love did look good his SO yr. I would like us to come out of this draft w/ 2 starting OTs, C, RB and some D linemen. There are some good WRs and TE's that I like but we have other holes to fill.

Free agents
G Thuney PATS
G/C Glasgow DET
DL Shelton PATS
S Thompson DAL

Thuney/Glasgow keeps filling holes on the OL. Shelton can be the solid NT for the 3/4. Thompson is smart may not be a starter but the kind of guy I like to have on the team. Can be a replacement for Aikens if we let him go or Jones. I would like to keep Jones.

Date: January 23, 2020 04:21AM

I was worried when your post didn't have an edge player but see that Lynch is considered an Edge. I would take what you proposed now. lets do it and start training camp.

Date: January 23, 2020 09:14AM

Also taking in consideration that we sign Willie Jefferson, top sack leader from the CFL. I understand he liked his visit earlier this month to MIA. The team in return really liked his workout.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 23, 2020 09:44AM

Trying to take all of this an apply it to our roster. OL is a unit that I agree will likely (and should) get a pretty full makeover. Your list has 2 FA and 3 high draft picks. Are you thinking that there's a wholesale swap of all 5 starters with, perhaps, some of last year's crew being backups...or are some of the 5 new guys perhaps depth? Not discounting quality depth, but also recognizing that the OL really operates as a unit so having a well-defined starting 5 can help with cohesion, making the unit better than the sum of its parts.

Date: January 23, 2020 10:44AM

No I would pull the starters from those 5 and Deiter and Davis. I dont think Deiter and Davis will easily give up their jobs but they should fight for them. 3 vets like Thuney Davis and Glasgow would be good teachers to coach the new guys up. Thuney and Glasgow play multiple positions so that is good. That will be a big help of creating the cohesion that you speak of. You cited deph so you know that will be there.

Yes I would make the move of drafting 3 OL high and bringing in 2 quality vets.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 23, 2020 10:50AM

Can we get that lb from clemson with the 5th pick the ol then love with the 3rd 1st round pick? Every great team has a great middle lb....that kid from clenson is going to be a stud.

Date: January 23, 2020 10:52AM

Is he from clemson or from the other team that played the championship?

Date: January 23, 2020 12:14PM

Lots of ways we can go with our first 3 picks Sam. Its why I think it would be dumb to give away picks and trade up.

Checking out the senior bowl practices (ESPNU) and its great to see some of the guys drill. Getting to see 2 players for the first time that I have been hearing about. This tackle from StJhns MN DIV III (Bartch) looks like a nfl guard. Looked good going 1 on 1 with D1 guys, strenght good leg placement, looks like he has had good coaching. The OT from SC ST (Taylor) has a great frame to grow into. Looks to have the talent but looks like he needs to believe he belongs out there.

Couple of players I like look good the C from LSU and this guy from MS ST (Taylor). I like the DE from Tulsa but he looks weak but he will not be going against interior OLmen.

Date: January 23, 2020 01:16PM

Mizzou if we going to pick Oline players we gotta get them high in the draft.

These are what i think should be our top 5 picks:

1A. LB or DE
1B. OL Tackle
1C. QB

2A. RB
2B. OL Center

PS. The guard position is easier to find in Free agency.

Or pick them in any order whoever is best available at the current spot.

This is going to be an exciting draft for the phins....Not many teams have these many picks in the first 5 rounds. If we can get lucky and find the right mixture of players with the right attitude we can improve as a team in no time.

I hate the idea of trading up as well.

I would be disappointed if the experts didnt pick the phins as having a quality draft.

With that been said....Sometimes the experts dont know diddly.

Date: January 23, 2020 01:19PM

Please no more BILLY MILNERS....or what what the other ones name? Andrew green? Or something like that off the top of my head.

The two OLIne players shula took in the first and second round while marino was on.

Date: January 23, 2020 03:00PM

I think there are very few 'experts' Sam, you can tell by the number of teams that really stink. Taking a second look at Love I really think he is erratic but some experts have him moving up. He was erratic in games now he is erratic in practice, he would be off my list. Experts are oozing over Herbert's performance at SR bowl practice but yeah its practice I cannot forget the quarters in games where he was dysfunctional. Watched Hurts throw some good passes but no one mentioned a good word about the guy. One comment on him was he completed 69% of his passes but he still needs to improve his accuracy. Im no expert but I like Hurts Eason or Fromm as much as Herbert Love or the injured Tua.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 23, 2020 07:46PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lots of ways we can go with our first 3 picks, Sam.
> Its why I think it would be dumb to give away
> picks and trade up.

Question: How do you feel about the position ANOTHER poster has taken that we trade down further on those 3 picks and pick up additional 6th and 7th round picks?

Date: January 23, 2020 11:31PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mizzou15 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Lots of ways we can go with our first 3 picks,
> Sam.
> > Its why I think it would be dumb to give away
> > picks and trade up.
>
> Question: How do you feel about the position
> ANOTHER poster has taken that we trade down
> further on those 3 picks and pick up additional
> 6th and 7th round picks?

6 and 7 round picks? For a 1st? Man you really dont know how a draft works do you?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 24, 2020 03:28AM

I would be in favor of trading down. SEA would be a good candidate if they want to move up we could ask for their 1st, 2nd (they have 2) and 4th (they are projected to have 2) for our 18 and our 1st sixth round pick.

There are good players in this draft so we should collect as many picks from rnds 1-4 as we can. We don't really need a WR or TE but there is going to be a good one in rounds 3-4 I think. Would be nice to have a pick and grab one. IMO

Guys I had projected 5/6 at the beginning of the season have played well and gotten noticed. The WR from MN is now rated a low 1st - early 2nd rnd. I had him at 4/5. The FAU TE is really grabbing attention. There is another TE from Dayton of all places who has gotten noticed. Van Jefferson has opened a lot of eyes. He was under the radar because of qb play at UF. He is the guy I want in the 4th or in the 3rd if we get that comp pick. The Coleman kid from Syracuse had good practices and a good game at the East/West shrine.
There is a big safety from Lenoir Rhyne out there. Liked him on film from his 2018 season, folks are now interested in him. Its time to make money and these guys are showing what they got.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: January 24, 2020 05:35AM

I would not have any issue to trade down for more picks. However, if by some miracle, Burrows or Young are still available at 5 I would stay at 5 & pick.

If by some super miracle they both were available at 5, I would trade the Steelers & Texans 1st round picks with whoever has 6 and take them both.
This is under the condition if they are as good as people feel they are now.
I do realize that this is a dream, I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning & winning the Powerball then this happening.

Date: January 24, 2020 07:10AM

I agree with Mizzou and the trading down scenerio and with what Phinfan is thinking. I would also pick Simmons at 5 if the others were not available.

I am so against trading up (into top 4) to get Burrow or any other QB.

I have always stated if you throw out any players 2 best and 2 worst games that is who you are going to get most days. Mizzou you stated that Love can be erratic and that is interesting observation.

This was another QB evaluation coming out of college "Completion percentage in three bowl games was 41.7 as opponents had more time to break down his passing shortcomings. Touch still needs work. Will rush and float throws too often. Has the arm to make all the throws, but his accuracy and placement take a noticeable dip on downfield throws. Sometimes places the ball in spots that limit receivers’ yards-after-catch ability. Throw-to-throw accuracy not nearly as precise as some of the other top QB prospects in this class.

Diagnostic skills still need fine-tuning. Fails to ID blitzes at times and won’t leave himself enough outs on plays. Will sometimes fail to pick up underneath defenders lurking and waiting to pounce on his throws. Double-clutches at times if he doesn’t trust what he sees."

That QB is Lamar Jackson.

My point is every player has flaws. We as humans tend to point htem out more them their strengths. You can coach up a player, but you can't make him taller, give him a stronger throwing arm or make him more mobile.

Date: January 24, 2020 08:51AM

I hear you Astro. Some scouts and guys are able to see thru the flaws and I think that is what they are doing with Love. I would not pull the trigger on him when Hurts and Eason are there.

What Jackson did is almost unheard of the jump he made in his 1 and second year still amazes me.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 24, 2020 11:50AM

I've seen many mock drafts lately that still have Miami taking Tua at #5. DJ from NFLN is one of them.

Taking Tua is very risky. Two ankle problems and the latest his hip. Doctors say he will be a full go, but I have my doubts. Miami is trying to build; will the Fins' brass take a chance on him? IMO, if Miami did take him at 5, he would probably sit for the first year. Fitz will be the starter, but depending on how Tua heals, will determine how long Fitz remains the starter. Maybe Miami is hoping Tua can mend and remain on IR the whole season, then get his chance in 2021.

Can Miami take that chance? They could be passing on a great player that would land at 5. There are other QBs out there, so I don't feel Tua is worth that 5th pick. Some of the QBs that were drafted over the last couple of seasons surprised many people in how well they played. Same could happen with this year's crop.

Date: January 24, 2020 12:36PM

That would be insane.

Date: January 24, 2020 02:23PM

I'm referring to taking Tua.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: January 24, 2020 03:06PM

Not at all finished with draft research yet, and hard to gauge where the coaches are leaning on upgrades, but...
These are some of the guys I have looked at and would be happy to see in Aqua and Orange,

RT: Isaiah Wilson
LT: Mekhi Becton
DE: Curtis Weaver
OLB: Isaiah Simmons
ILB: Erroll Thompson
OL: Tristan Wirfs

And again,just for the record,the one pick that would make me the happiest of all in this draft...

QB" Anthony Gordon

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 25, 2020 12:53AM

We took Jake Long over Matt Ryan. Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, Jamar Taylor over Brees, Culpepper over Brees.

We've set ourselves up to control the draft. We can do what we like with little risk. Had Tua not gotten hurt the bengals would have a tough choice to make.

At some point you have to swing for the fence. Why not in a year when you have 5 picks in the top 56 and 4 in the first two rounds next year?

Jordan Love had a new hc, oc and 9 new players on O this year. That's why his numbers dropped off. He's a good qb with a ton of upside. Jalen Hurts is JT Barrett. He'll bounce around the league. Trying to find the next Lamar Jackson is fool's gold. I'd rather take the guy that was a concensus top 2 pick prior to his injury if he's healthy. Let him sit a year to learn and fully heal. That approach has worked well for the past 2 MVPs. And if he's not healthy you take Love at 18 or 26 and sit him the first year.

Date: January 25, 2020 04:14AM

No

Date: January 25, 2020 09:37AM

Makes sense jsm08!! Hell Marinos senior yr at PITT was his worst. He dropped to us at the bottom of the first round because of it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 25, 2020 10:28AM

Tua has bust written all over his face.

No.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 25, 2020 10:42AM

We have both Fitz and Rosen under contract for another year and Chan Gailey seems to have been hired to work the offense with Fitz. With that said, under careful consideration I'm okay at taking Tua at #5 and sitting him for a year to fully heal without question and learn the NFL. Sitting for a year seemed to work out nicely for Patrick Mahomes and from what I've read about him it seems Tua has the intangibles that Mahomes has. I'm willing to take that risk. This team can start it's new build and chemistry development without throwing a young QB to the wolves like Rosen was in AZ. There are enough picks & FA cap space for this team to have a solid start in 2021 after 2020 to gel provided Grier doesn't screw up this draft with busts or trade the house and barn to move up from #5 to get whoever. There are a lot of holes to fill on this team on both sides of the ball and I'd like to see some good self discipline from management. First off, Ross should get real, keep his mouth shut and lose his hard on for Burrows because Cincy is probably happy as can be to draft him at #1.

Date: January 25, 2020 12:42PM

Of the 40 something mock drafts only 3 have us taking a player with our first pick other than Tua, and two of them have us trading up to #3 to get him. Has the whole world lost their mind. Maybe if he didn’t fracture his hip, but this injury has never been seen before in the NFL. Yes he has the highest upside of the QBs but right now he has the lowest downside of them. I would rather take the guy with the next highest upside and an NFL career as a downside. All I can think about is Sam Bowie who has a mild case of shin splints but was 7 feet tall so Portland drafted him second right in front of Michael Jordan. Yes Bowie has a great upside but that injury is different in 7 footers and reacted differently than what the experts thought. No one knows how this injury will react. Be smart Miami choose wisely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.