Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 05:24AM

Lmao. Tcpf is tannehill's puta.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Date: January 21, 2020 05:30AM

Tannehills drafted in 2011 had his best year in 2020....9 years stinking later....when they finnally put an all madden team around him. And at the end of 2020 he still couldnt make it to the superbowl. With probably the best running game on his side and defense.

Date: January 21, 2020 05:56AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tannehills drafted in 2011 had his best year in
> 2020....9 years stinking later....when they
> finnally put an all madden team around him. And at
> the end of 2020 he still couldnt make it to the
> superbowl. With probably the best running game on
> his side and defense.

Are you really that ignorant?, Your just not getting it or refusing to admit it. Dan Marino went to the Superbowl in 83' Why? WHY?

And Shula gave him a great pass blocking Oline but never a run game. Defense was horrible.

Not saying Tannehill is Marino, Hell Patrick Mahomes is a much better QB. But you are never willing to admit or see (I hope your just being an asshole)
But Tannehill was never given anything resembling what he has now.

You want a Top 5 first round QB. But all teams need all maden to make it to the AFC championship. No 1 QB can do it themselves. That's why Andrew Luck crashed and burned.

A real man would just say.. ..I thought Tannehill was the problem. I never thought he would be anything more then a career back up. But I was wrong. He had an amazing season surrounded by good players and some decent coaching.

But your a Puta.takes a man to admit he was wrong. Ride that PINE boy!!

Because Tannehill is smiling knowing the titans found there QB. This yrs draft they hopefully get better. Maybe add a free agent or two to avoid the defensive melt down they had Sunday.

I hope to see Miami back in a position where they are just a few pieces out.

But we are in a huge hole and I agree we need a QB now. But didnt. We had a starting thoroughbred, the best rated QB in the NFL 2019......and we dumped him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 21, 2020 06:52AM

While I agree that if we had a "great QB" that would be great, but if the recent games proved anything it was that you need a great Offensive and defensive lines. Hell I could have played QB and won the San Francisco game this week and all of the Titans playoff games they won.

They also prove that it is NOT the player it IS the system that they are in that makes them successful. Look at 49er RB who was cut or released 6 times. Yes in order to be successful in the NFL you need skill but all of the players at that level have skill, its how you use it that creates success.

Look at Tannehill.... he could not do what Miami asked him to do as a QB so he got traded. Tennessee asked him to do something completely different and he looks like a good QB. Same player... different situation ..... and you got different results.

Date: January 21, 2020 07:11AM

astro34 Wrote:
> While I agree that if we had a "great QB" that
> would be great, but if the recent games proved
> anything it was that you need a great Offensive
> and defensive lines. Hell I could have played QB
> and won the San Francisco game this week and all
> of the Titans playoff games they won.
>
> They also prove that it is NOT the player it IS
> the system that they are in that makes them
> successful. Look at 49er RB who was cut or
> released 6 times. Yes in order to be successful
> in the NFL you need skill but all of the players
> at that level have skill, its how you use it that
> creates success.
>
> Look at Tannehill.... he could not do what Miami
> asked him to do as a QB so he got traded.
> Tennessee asked him to do something completely
> different and he looks like a good QB. Same
> player... different situation ..... and you got
> different results.

All good points. But I disagree he couldnt do what Miami was asking. Miami might have asked, but they didnt give him the tools necessary to be successful. The Titans have.

Miami tried. They drafted lineman. But they were all injury prone or just not able to play at a high level.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:05AM

Hey! Everybody would concede that if you have Bob Greise's team around you, an all pro offensive line PLUS great running backs, Csonka and Kiick, great receivers, and a great "no name" defense, any team could no only go to the SuperBowl but go down in history.

But let's talk realism. I say you start building that by getting your franchise QB first and then build around him. Linemen are human, they can be busts too! How you gonna feel after you pass on the next Hall of fame QB to pick a lineman who is a bust??????

Date: January 21, 2020 12:31PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey! Everybody would concede that if you have Bob
> Greise's team around you, an all pro offensive
> line PLUS great running backs, Csonka and Kiick,
> great receivers, and a great "no name" defense,
> any team could no only go to the SuperBowl but go
> down in history.
>
> But let's talk realism. I say you start building
> that by getting your franchise QB first and then
> build around him. Linemen are human, they can be
> busts too! How you gonna feel after you pass on
> the next Hall of fame QB to pick a lineman who is
> a bust??????

Does a HOF QB get you a Superbowl? eye rolling smileydrinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 21, 2020 02:24PM

QUESTION: Does a HOF QB get you a Superbowl?

ANSWER: LOL. Stooo--peeeee-----dough (Italian pronunciation).

Griese did it.

So did Marino.

They are both HOF QBs of the Dolphin Franchise.

Date: January 21, 2020 07:11PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> QUESTION: Does a HOF QB get you a Superbowl?
>
> ANSWER: LOL. Stooo--peeeee-----dough (Italian
> pronunciation).
>
> Griese did it.
>
> So did Marino.
>
> They are both HOF QBs of the Dolphin Franchise.

I'm actually Italian and you are fottuto idiota ........

Do you live in an alternate universe? I'm pretty sure Dan Marino never won a Super bowl eye rolling smiley

You dont need a HOF QB to win a Superbowl. David Woodley got Miami as Far as Marino ever did. Both drastically different QBs.

Again.....stupido.....its the TEAM. THE TEAM.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 21, 2020 09:27PM

Forse tu e Italiano. Ma io studiato italiano per quattro ani alle L'Universita.

Ciononostante, per piacere non provare discutere con me.

Per piacere?

Date: January 21, 2020 10:14PM

Deflect much?

How many Super bowls did Marino win?

fottuto idiota

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 22, 2020 02:32AM

I guess what I am trying to say is that drafting a franchise QB is dependent on who you surround yourself with. Put any HOF QB on a crap team and you get an average QB. That's my opinion. I hope we as a franchise figure it out, and hit a homerun in the draft.

I ask, if for some reason Burrow goes first and other teams go nuts and jump up to 2, 3 and 4 for QB's, are we dumb enough to pick the 5th QB or would you take Young. I feel with the draft capitol we have we don't have to reach this year on a QB. (IF the QB is there at 5 in the draft as it really is right now then take him. As someone has suggested Gordon from Washington St. is a good QB and we can probably get him in the second or third round. Why is that not a smart option?)

To the question of how would you feel if we passed on the next HOF QB? I went through all QB's since 2000 that were drafted and all but 3 were drafted outside the top ten and most were not even in the first round. Houston Rockets passed on a dude named Michael Jordan an I think they were OK with that pick.... now whoever picked Sam Bowie got screwed!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 08:11AM

so keep drafting qbs in the first until you hit on one.

Since marino we picked one qb in the first...Tannehill..And it didnt worked out for whatever reasons. So keep drafting a qb in the first until you hit on someone like maholmes.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 22, 2020 12:00PM

A question to all the Tannehill apologists:

Do you think that Ryan Fitzpatrick could have done just as well, if not better, than Tannehill did with the same Titans team?

Answer honestly.

I seriously think Fitzy could have.

Date: January 22, 2020 12:05PM

What you mean to ask is "DON'T you think?" and my answer is HELL YEAH!

Date: January 22, 2020 12:27PM

socalphin Wrote:
> A question to all the Tannehill apologists:
>
> Do you think that Ryan Fitzpatrick could have done
> just as well, if not better, than Tannehill did
> with the same Titans team?
>
> Answer honestly.
>
> I seriously think Fitzy could have.

Absolutely. The difference!? I never said Fitz sucked!, I didnt say when we acquired Fitz....That he sucked.AND IF I DID I WOULD MAN UP AND SAY......I was wrong.

See the difference?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 12:29PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> What you mean to ask is "DON'T you think?" and my
> answer is HELL YEAH!

You said Marini won a Superbowl. Why are you ignoring the question? That's why I ignore you now. Becuase you make dumb statements, you often have no facts and then you cant man up to them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 01:12PM

Your question was whether Marino COULD HAVE won a Super Bowl with a better team behind him................NOT whether HE DID IN FACT!!!!

We all know he didn't actually win a SuperBowl. But he's in the Hall of Fame, dumb, dumb.

As I have said on this board many times, my ex wife knew how many points we could put up on the board but we had no defense, so she would laugh that all other teams would do would be to outscore us.

And the translation of what I wrote above in Italian when Treasure insulted me is

"Perhaps you are Italian (by heritage that is) but I studied Italian for four years at the University. Therefore please don't argue with me."

Date: January 22, 2020 01:17PM

The point being that yes..... you need a whole team....but linemen can bust out as well as QBs and running backs....Eric Kumerow comes to mind.

But since the QB is the most valuable component to the football team automobile...the engine....you get the best engine FIRST and then build around that engine.

You don't go looking first for tires, then for alternators, then even for transmissions...YOU GET THE ENGINE FIRST AND YOU GET THE BEST ONE YOU CAN GET. AND NOT TRADE FOR A USED ONE.

Date: January 22, 2020 02:21PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> The point being that yes..... you need a whole
> team....but linemen can bust out as well as QBs
> and running backs....

Sure. Why not have the same attitude then? Trade down get more linemen until your solid?

You saw the results when Tannehill had a good line. A good defense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 02:25PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> The point being that yes..... you need a whole
> team....but linemen can bust out as well as QBs
> and running backs....Eric Kumerow comes to mind.
>
> But since the QB is the most valuable component to
> the football team automobile...the engine....you
> get the best engine FIRST and then build around
> that engine.
>
> You don't go looking first for tires, then for
> alternators, then even for transmissions...YOU GET
> THE ENGINE FIRST AND YOU GET THE BEST ONE YOU CAN
> GET. AND NOT TRADE FOR A USED ONE.

Your analogys are silly. We had a 7 0 litre Hellcat engine. But no mechanic to tune it.

Your throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Now Tannehill is the best rated QB in the NFL.

We had the engine all along . You just refused to see it.now we are at square 1 again. I hope we choose wisely.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 02:28PM

Please address this statement:

ChyrenB Wrote:

>
> pronunciation).
>
> Griese did it.
>
> So did Marino.
>

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 03:06PM

Now you're arguing against yourself.

YOUR POINT was that even a good QB does not necessarily get you into the SuperBowl or even guarantee a Super Bowl win.

THAT WAS YOUR POINT.

MY COUNTER TO THAT POINT was how much more difficult is it TO EVEN GET INTO THE PLAYOFFS, LET ALONE THE SUPERBOWL,....WITHOUT A GOOD OR GREAT QUARTERBACK???

THIS RELATES TO THE DRAFT because when a franchise QB comes along in the draft....YOU SNATCH HIM!!!!

Now you can wait to the off season in order to trade to have a franchise QB come to you from ANOTHER NFL TEAM but.....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

BUT IF YOUR POSITION WERE ONLY THAT....I'd STILL cut you some slack.

NO! Your position is that when we are in position to draft a TOP LINE QB...either a Burrows or even an UNINJURED TUA, had he never suffered his injury....we pass on him, trade down and get the best lineman available at 16-20 and for that as well get a couple more 6th and 7th round picks.

That is what you have said a million times! Don't lie now and say you never said that!

Date: January 22, 2020 03:17PM

Yes. I SAID that when we had a Pro bowl calibur In Tannehill.
This draft I have been very open to a QB in the first round.

Again......Please address this statement you made in this thread:

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
> pronunciation).
>
> Griese did it.
>
> So did Marino.
>

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 03:23PM

LET ME REFRESH:

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
>
> But let's talk realism. I say you start building
> that by getting your franchise QB first and then
> build around him. Linemen are human, they can be
> busts too! How you gonna feel after you pass on
> the next Hall of fame QB to pick a lineman who is
> a bust??????

I WROTE:::

Does a HOF QB get you a Superbowl?

CHYRENE:
ANSWER: LOL. Stooo--peeeee-----dough (Italian
> pronunciation).
>
> Griese did it.
>
> So did Marino.
>
> They are both HOF QBs of the Dolphin Franchise

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2020 03:25PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: January 22, 2020 04:33PM

So what's your point?

IS YOUR POINT THAT MARINO NEVER-----WON-------A SUPERBOWL?

IS THAT YOUR POINT?????

SO BY YOUR LOGIC,....INSTEAD OF DRAFTING MARINO...WE WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF DRAFTING THE BEST LINEMAN AVAILABLE THEN????

That's idiotic!

It's simple. In the NFL OF 1958, YOU GRAB THE BEST RUNNING BACK YOU CAN so you can compete with the Cleveland Browns and Jim Brown.

But ever since 1968 and Joe Willy Namath, THE QUARTERBACK IS THE MOST VALUABLE COMPONENT OF AN NFL TEAM.

We HAVE NO QUARTERBACK!!!! FOR THE ONE MILLIONTH TIME.

Can we make it with Fitz, who I respect??????

Where did we place THIS YEAR?????

We're in the top 5 for a draft pick.

That means we didn't do too great.

You're gonna say because we have a piss poor rest of the team.

True but it boils down to if we need a QB AND AN OFFENSIVE AS WELL AS DEFENSIVE LINE.....WHO DO YOU CHOOSE WITH YOUR TOP THREE PICK???????

YOU WANT US TO PICK A LINEMAN...OR TO TRADE THE PICK AND GO DOWN FURTHER AND PICK A LINEMAN AT NUMBER 8 OR 9 AND ALSO GET ADDITIONAL 6TH AND 7TH ROUND PICKS.

HELL NO! IF WE HAVE THE 3RD OVERALL PICK, WE PICK THE BEST QB AVAILABLE.

WE EVEN DID THAT WITH DAVID WOODLEY but......THE FOLLOWING IS A CUT AND PASTE FROM WIKIPEDIA

"As quarterback for the Miami Dolphins, Woodley is best known as the bridge between the eras of hall of famers Bob Griese and Dan Marino."

Date: January 22, 2020 05:57PM

Truth is Marino is the Best ever.
Didnt get us squat. Had we kept David Woodly at QB , who got us to the SB the year before and we draft Eric Dickerson , maybe we win it all in 83' 84 .

Dont ignore what I said. Read it .digest it. Think about it. Becuase you have a really bad habit of ignoring what you dont want to see.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 06:02PM

A HOF QB didnt help us for 17 yrs.

We let a Probowl QB go and he misses going to the Superbowl by 11 points.

Think about it. Digest it. Dont react like a nut job . What your saying just doesnt make any sense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 22, 2020 06:24PM

I'll leave it to the readers. You are actually saying we made a mistake in drafting Dan Marino and instead should have drafted some lineman. Nuff said!

Date: January 22, 2020 09:59PM

Eric Dickerson is a HOF running back not a lineman. With him maybe We win it all in 83.

Never said Marino was a mistake. But you cant ignore the fact that we never won the big one with him. And then say Tannehill sucks because he lost the AFC championship. Cant have it both ways.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.