Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 19, 2020 01:27PM

Hey treasurecoastphin fan eat that up for lunch. I was right. Tannehill is a dud.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 19, 2020 01:38PM

Wow, what's wrong with you, Samsam?

Tannehill played well enough to win. Anyone being rational can see that. 24 points on the board. over 200 yards, passing, 2 passing TDs, no INTs. QB rating of 108.1,

Yes Mahomes played better. But Tanny isn't on defense. Tanny didn't let Mahomes run down the sideline for that TD at the end of the 1st half.. The Titans defenders were too busy trying to strip the ball instead of tackling him or pushing him OOB on that run. It was pathetic.

Anyway, Tannehill doesn't make it to the Super Bowl and to you he stinks.

You're not making any sense, my friend.

Re: Different team same results. Tannehill aka the wetfirecracker still a wet firecracker.
Date: January 19, 2020 01:40PM

(I'm going to do something that SamSam would appreciate--make multiple posts in a row as if I'm having a conversation with myself)

What exactly do you mean by "Same Results" by the way. Are you saying his results with the Titans are the same as his results as a Dolphin? Do tell.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 19, 2020 02:48PM

Don't get carried away JC, Samsam is quite biased about RT because all he wants to do is ridicule him and push a cream pie in TC's face because RT didn't get to the SB. Tannehill is not a dud. He played quite well with the Titans. Mahomes is simply exceptional and perhaps the most talented QB in the NFL. A reasonable person watching the game can't think that Tannehill was a bust for the Titans.

Derek Henry was a RB bust too, I guess. He didn't make it to the SB either and was limited in yards gained against a very smart and tough defensive scheme.

Date: January 19, 2020 02:49PM

I think that was the key to the Chief's victory---their limiting Henry.

Date: January 19, 2020 03:58PM

I dont know why people here sympathise with tannehill so much. He did nothing for us....he made dolphin fans life imposible with his poor play here.

Date: January 19, 2020 04:01PM

And jc i meant same results as in tannehill is just not good enough here and he was not good enough to take titans to the next level.

Same results as in a big loss when it mattered. Flop

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2020 04:02PM by samsam3738.

Date: January 19, 2020 05:16PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And jc i meant same results as in tannehill is
> just not good enough here and he was not good
> enough to take titans to the next level.
>
>

Well let's see, last year they did not make the playoffs.

This year, they made the playoffs, and ended the Patsies' season by beating them in New England. To me, that's already taking it to the next level.

Then, they beat the #1 seeded Ravens, advancing to the AFC Championship game.

They made it two rounds further than they did last season. In my opinion, that is taking it to the next level.

Date: January 19, 2020 05:28PM

Actually I've got nothing to add to the above. Could have been us in the AFC Championship though IF this team made better draft choices on Oline and running back. Defense. Picking Tanny #7 overall was NOT a bust. I just hope we have learned from it . Build those trenches!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 20, 2020 04:21AM

TC stated: "Build those trenches!!" That is a must do. thumbs up

Date: January 20, 2020 04:51AM

I knew as soon as the titans could not rely on the run, they were going to lose.

Date: January 20, 2020 05:29AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I knew as soon as the titans could not rely on the
> run, they were going to lose.

I knew as soon as the Titans Defense gave up 35 points, that they were going to lose.

Date: January 20, 2020 08:19AM

Same history with the phins. We had to rely on the wetfirecrCker to win a game.....consider it a loss.

Date: January 20, 2020 09:03AM

OK sam. Dolphins didnt have a run game in the 80s90s. Marino never got past an AFC championship. Lost a Superbowl.according to your logic, Is he all wet too?

BUT the real question is , why didnt he stay riding the PINE boy!!!! Mr.Career back up will be getting a new contract and Tennsee are contenders every season. How much do you want to bet they dont take a QB in the first round or Free Agency. They have our old First rounder......

But what do you expect from a guy who lives across the street from the Stadium and never attends even a free practice!? drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 20, 2020 09:22AM

I said this before and you dont listen....

Dont compare tannehill to marino...Because as far as talent goes, marino is way way above tannehill...

At least we were competitive with marino....without a running game...

1..Won the AFC east many times with marino Division title

2. Won the afc championship with him once

3. Went to the superbowl once with him.

We were in it every year.

Every year we had a chance.

Thats all we can ask for...a chance.

Never had a chance with the WET FIRECRACKER BECAUSE what chren says is true...They never put him in position to make him a run and shoot.

And

He wasnt good enough to be a pocket QB like marino was with the quick release.

Tennesee found out about that too.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: January 20, 2020 09:54AM

Yesterday, I saw the same Tannehill that played with the dolphins, and who he's always been: an average NFL QB.
He still stares down receivers and telegraphs his passes, getting them knocked down at the line of scrimmage on critical downs.
He still doesn't recognize the rush soon enough to avoid sacks.
He's still not athletic enough to consistently use his legs to pick up critical gains during a game.
He still makes poor decisions under pressure.
And his ball placement accuracy still leaves a lot to be desired.
That TE that caught RT's second TD pass, had to go way up high to make the grab, getting hung out for a potential rib breaking, ball dislodging hit. A typical TanneKILL pass. He got pretty lucky there.

Because of these things, the Titans just didn't have enough QB talent to keep up with the Chiefs and get them to a SB, just reassuring me that the Dolphins made the right move.

Date: January 20, 2020 10:05AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I said this before and you dont listen....
>
> Dont compare tannehill to marino...Because as far
> as talent goes, marino is way way above
> tannehill...
>
>
> At least we were competitive with
> marino....without a running game...
>
> 1..Won the AFC east many times with marino
> Division title
>
> 2. Won the afc championship with him once
>
> 3. Went to the superbowl once with him.
>
> We were in it every year.
>
> Every year we had a chance.
>
> Thats all we can ask for...a chance.
>
> Never had a chance with the WET FIRECRACKER
> BECAUSE what chren says is true...They never put
> him in position to make him a run and shoot.
>
> And
>
> He wasnt good enough to be a pocket QB like marino
> was with the quick release.
>
> Tennesee found out about that too.

But why didnt he ever take them to a Superbowl again? He always did well , and lost the big games.

Why is Marino revered in your mind and Tannehill gets no credit? Are you truly that ignorant? Yeah you are. Lol.....

Dan Marino was the Best. My first son is named after him. But he never had a defense.

Tannehill's defense didnt show up yesterday. 24 points was enough to win.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 20, 2020 10:18AM

socalphin Wrote:
>
> and get them to a SB, just reassuring me that the
> Dolphins made the right move.

AFC championship game. Marcus Morita, a heinesman Trophy winner, overall Number 2 pick couldnt.

I GARANFUCKINGTEE the titans wont be using thier #1 pick on a QB anytime soon. They will spend their draft building up their defense , their trenches. They are just a piece or two away.

Miami is starting from scratch HOPING to find another Tannehill Not a Morita.
But rationalize it any way you need.

Getting rid of Tannehill was a bad knee jerk reaction that got us out of a heavy contract. A contract that could have been renegotiated. Now we still dont have a QB, a line or anything.

I'm hoping Miami can pick a winner again. Odds and history are they wont. Ask Marcus Morita.....he had it all on paper. Beat out by a reciever turned QB who has succeeded everytime against all odds.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 20, 2020 10:18AM

Socalphin, I think I may have bypassed you in the Sunset Vermont area, do you or did you have a pit bull a few years ago?

Date: January 20, 2020 11:06AM

TCPF QUOTE:Miami is starting from scratch HOPING to find another Tannehill.

ROTFLMAO

Let me rephrase that.

SAM QUOTE: Miami is hoping to find a great qb in the draft. They are hoping to find a qb that can take this team to the playoffs consistently. Something tannehill could never do.

Date: January 20, 2020 11:34AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TCPF QUOTE:Miami is starting from scratch HOPING
> to find another Tannehill.
>
> ROTFLMAO
>
>
> Let me rephrase that.
>
>
> SAM QUOTE: Miami is hoping to find a great qb in
> the draft. They are hoping to find a qb that can
> take this team to the playoffs consistently.
> Something tannehill could never do.

Just as that "PINE" remark has bitten your ass to bits.. .I have saved the above remark as well. Watch what you say, you will see it again. He was 11 points away from the big dance. First time away from the Dolphins. Am I predicting a SB win? Of course not. Too many factors add up to that. But yes , with a decent team Tannehill will be consistently competitive. Just as he was here when the team played well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 20, 2020 12:01PM

You keep bringing up Marino, TC. Marino had tbe quickest release in history.

He didn't have much of a running game but he didn't need one.

His problem was that he had no.defense.

When Sam and I criticized Tannehill it was NOT because he was an inaccurate passer because that was NOT his problem. His problem was that he was uncomfortable to the point of being useless in the pocket.

The problem with you, TC, is that you are more loyal to Tannehill than you are to the Dolphins.

Date: January 20, 2020 12:11PM

He is more loyal to tannehill than the dolphins.

Preach on chrenb.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2020 12:17PM by samsam3738.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 20, 2020 12:22PM

I agree with SoCal.

Tannehill did a great job managing Tennessee's offense. Much better than Mariota but in the end, when the run game got stuffed, he couldn't carry their offense.

They went scoreless from midway through the 2nd quarter to midway through the 4th. A garbage time TD made his stats look good.

I'm happy for the guy but he's no longer a phin and I don't want him back. I wish him nothing but the best of luck whether in Tenn or elsewhere next year.

Date: January 20, 2020 02:45PM

If anything good comes from this it's that whoever's takes the QB position in the Miami Dolphins future....fans, The admin need to understand NO QB , Joe Burrows included will be successful if you dont give them the tools to be successful.

Just screaming pick a QB in the top 5 as a map to the Superbowl wont work. You need a quality line , defense and a running game as well to be successful.

That's a fact Jack. And Like him or not , Tannehill has proved it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 20, 2020 03:24PM

To sum it up..

If tannehill ever makes it to the superbowl is because the running game and defense dominated.

Date: January 20, 2020 03:27PM

Yes once in a while he has a good game. But he is not consistent.

When the game is on the line he finds a way to be the deer in the headlight.

Thats tannehill.

Inconsistent.

Date: January 20, 2020 03:31PM

We have to find a way to draft the next maholmes. It can be done..

Because if we get another tannehill we be stinking for the next decade like we stunk with the wetfirectacker.

Date: January 20, 2020 05:10PM

Your as wrong as you have always been.

"Career back up RIDING THE PINE BOY!"

Tannehill by far had his best regular season in 2019, completing 70.3 percent of his passing, rating a spectacular 117.5 and also throwing for 9.6 yards per attempt, all career highs. Consider his previous highs were a 67.1 completion percentage, 93.5 efficiency and 7.7 yards per attempt.

Tannehill, on top of 22 TD passes to only six interceptions, averaged 228.5 yards passing per game. He also rushed for a career-best 4 TDs with 185 yards, his best total there .

Just becuase your a little puta and cant man up and admit you were wrong doesnt make it any less true. Lol

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 20, 2020 06:43PM

quote: "Tannehill by far had his best regular season in 2019..."

Tannehill was drafted in 2011? And......he has his best year in 2020??????

And all of those years but the last two he spends here in Miami?

And you, Treasure, say it like he was still here in Miami just having had a great season.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.