Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 06, 2020 02:39PM

Guys, this argument is stupid. RT is gone and he isn’t coming back. He was never a bad QB, he just needed help around him...that isn’t a crime and it does not mean he can’t win a title. We should all be happy he’s doing well.

Our coaches failed him much more than he failed them, or us.

With a reliable line, reliable receivers and a pass rush he would have done much better...the team didn’t give him those things. Shame but such is the NFL.

Let’s all hope our new QB can rise to the level we all expect.

Oh and Fitz will never win a title...and he will also never be the guy we need...the sooner he’s out of town the better. I have no problem with him as a mentor but we need to add an improvement.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: January 06, 2020 02:45PM

For the record...I've already posted here those same sentiments. I do not want to use any 1st round picks on QB, but do want to take a flier on one in the later rounds for grooming under our veteran and to provide a Tcamp /preseason challenge to Rosen. It would be a low risk / possible high reward play.
If Rosen is going to be the backup again ( I'm hoping Fitz is under center next year )...let's push him a bit. Not questioning his ability...but I just don't see the fire in his eyes and would like to get another body in here with one of our lower picks.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 06, 2020 03:05PM

Well AFCbeast your position is squarely the same as TC's. On the other hand, I don't think we should pass on picking a QB in our a top 5 pick of the very first round.

Date: January 06, 2020 03:10PM

AFCbeast, your position is NOT the same as Ken's although you said you have posted, "those same sentiments."

Ken was just saying we needed to help our QB, whoever he is.

You, on the other hand, don't want to use our top Five of the first round pick on QB.

Date: January 06, 2020 03:22PM

Fair enough ChyrenB, but with the general consensus that anybody we pick is going to either be the "chandelier" ( really high risk @ 5 ) or a project that is going to sit and learn anyway... I would rather draft starters for next year in round 1.

Date: January 06, 2020 03:27PM

I was not replying or responding to Ken's post...just stating that in a previous thread I posted the desire to go non QB in round 1. I have not posted here in a long time, so my posting ettiquet is probably off. Sorry.
I would even prefer to trade out of #5 if the right moves happen and we could get another 2nd out of it for this year.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 06, 2020 03:33PM

I, for the record think we should draft a QB at #5, but with the caveat that the coaches and GM must get the pick right. He has to be the guy going forward and we can’t botch it.

If they think that guy isn’t there...we should go in another direction and grab a developmental guy later...Hurts anyone. I would not trade for Burrows because it’ll cost too much.

Date: January 06, 2020 03:59PM

Hurts is my #2 choice Ken. Good body of work so feel he will go higher in the draft.
My pick is Gordon. From everything I've watched and studied on him, something is just telling me that he has the it factor.

Date: January 06, 2020 05:55PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Btw tcpf...yes i think burrows can win on this
> team...i would take my chances with him instead of
> bringing tanehill back when we all know he was a
> disater here.
Lol. WTF said anything about bring Tannehill back? Are you seriously thinking that's even an option!?
Hes gone....you said he would barely be keeping the bench warm for Mariota!
He will be replacing him for another huge contract.
Why cant you just say " I was wrong?" Man the F up already. Geez

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2020 06:12PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> AFCbeast, there are those here that don't want to
> pick a QB....at least not with our highest pick.
>
> -p.s. taking a QB in the second or later round
> doesn't solve anything.
>
> or taking a QB in the second half of the first
> round is relying on a miracle wherein one of the
> top QBs will still be available then. JMO.

I havnt read any of your posts recently so I'll guess your referring to me. I've said repeatedly THIS SEASON we can actually afford a first round pick on a QB.However like Ken I said repeatedly only if it's someone we really want and done our homework on. Your insistence that only a first rounder is acceptable still holds no water. Taking a QB in the second solves nothing!? Such a broad statement is silly.

Fitzpatrick was drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the seventh round of the 2005 NFL Draft with the 250th overall pick.

Did you know that? You probably dont even care.

Rosen was a 1st rounder. How did he do this season?

Just stop it. Declaring we must take a QB with our first pick is silly. It's not even our #1 issue. Hasnt been for the past 8yrs. But you refuse to see that. Even after proved wrong constantly.

No problem. Your entitled to your opinion. I just ask you back it with facts and not get upset when its proved wrong.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2020 06:44PM

The higher you pick, the more likely you are to be successful.

You, on the other hand, want to fix the car radio, then the car radiator, then the car clock, then the car alternator, then a million OTHER THINGS before you fix the engine.

THE QUARTERBACK IS THE ENGINE OF A FOOTBALL TEAM!

The fact that you can point out that in 50 years since the common draft BEGAN in what....1967????...there have been A FEW busts at number 1 or even early first round QBs means NOTHING!

We have a top 5 pick! WE ALSO HAVE NO QUARTERBACK OF THE FUTURE!!!

If you want to argue THAT WE DON'T NEED ONE BECAUSE WE HAVE FITZ AND/OR ROSEN..........then that's another matter.

BUT YOU AREN'T ARGUING THAT!!!!

YOU are stupidly arguing that we should use our FIRST ROUND TOP FIVE PICK ON A lineman!!!!

Sure there have been great linemen offensive and defensive that have proved good high first round picks....BUT SHOW ME WHEN THOSE WERE CHOSEN BY NFL TEAMS IN DESPERATE NEED OF A QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you do this for me????? Go back through the years and point out all the QBs that have been picked IN THE FIRST FIVE OF THE FIRST ROUND...... and lists the busts.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 07, 2020 06:05AM

ChyrenB you asked for it so here it is:

Here are the QB's drafted top five and other pro bowl QB's taken in that draft

2000 - none taken (#18 Joey Pennington first QB taken) ; (#168 Marc Bulger, #199 Tom Brady)
2001 - #1 Michael Vick; (#32 Drew Brees)
2002 - #1 David Carr, #3 Joey Harrington; (#108 David Garrard)
2003 - #1 Carson Palmer (none)
2004 - #1 Eli Manning, #4 Phillip Rivers; (#11 Ben Rothilisberger, #90 Matt Schaub)
2005 - #1 Alex Smith; (#24 Aaron Rodgers, #213 Derek Anderson, #230 Matt Cassel)
2006 - #3 Vince Young; (#11 Jay Culter)
2007 - #1 Jarmarcus Russell; none
2008 - #3 Matt Ryan; (#18 Joe Flacco)
2009 - #1 Matt Stafford, #5 Mark Sanchez ; none
2010 - #1 Sam Bradford; (none)
2011 - #1 Cam Newton: (#35 Andy Dalton, #180 Tyrod Taylor)
2012 - #1 Andrew Luck, #2 Robert Griffin: (#75 Russell Wilson, #88 Nick Foles, #102 Kirk Cousins)
2013 - none (#16 EJ Manuel first QB taken); none
2014 - #3 Blake Bortles; (#32 Teddy Bridgewater, #36 Derek Carr)
2015 - #1 Jameis Winston, #2 Marcus Mariotta; (none)
2016 - #1 Jared Goff, #2 Carson Wentz; (#91 Jacoby Brissett)
2017 - #2 Mitch Trubinsky; (#10 Patrick Mahomes, #12 Dashawn Watson)
2018 - #1 Baker Mayfield, #3 Sam Darnold; (#32 Lamar Jackson)
2019 - #1 Kyler Murray; none

So after that this is what I see: Two QBs drafted in top 5 are Super Bowl Champions (Manning and Goff - and we all know one was a draft day trade and the other didn't play in the super bowl because of injury)

So it all depends what you call a bust. If it is winning a Super Bowl then YES most QB's in top 5 are busts. Most have had good careers.

I do believe we need to draft a QB this year. I do think the mistake a lot of football teams make is this thought of yours "TEAMS IN DESPERATE NEED OF A QUARTERBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!" Desperation makes team stupid!!! That's why (and I am not saying we should) Miami could trade their second pick in the first year for that teams late 20's pick this year, their first round pick next year and a third or fourth rounder this year.

Date: January 07, 2020 07:05AM

1960's Purdues favorite spokesman says:

YOU are stupidly arguing that we should use our FIRST ROUND TOP FIVE PICK ON A lineman!!!!

Show me where I said that? Maybe last year or the yr before that. I even started a thread where I gave serious perspective on moving up for Burrows because I believe he is the only sure thing besides Chase Young. Olineman is our greatest need that doesn't mean we go after the first one.

I've said consistently this draft is different because we have 3 first rounders. We could take a QB , even a project like Tua , and still address our needs at Olineman , D Lineman .

WE GOT OPTIONS. thats what I've been saying consistently. Dont forget we have 2 first rounders in 2021 as well. OPTIONS.

The need to get a QB right away with the first pick is an obsession of yours. One that you cant prove is creditable. You seem to get very upset when others dont think like you and show you fact after fact why your thought process is wrong. AND I"M STUPID?

I've already given up on you admitted your ever wrong. Thats the narcissist tendencies you possess. Thats why you constantly will leave a thread and start a poll for instant gratification. Kind of like taking a 1st round QB. Instant gratification.

Its Jan 2020. I come here for fun with fellow Dolphin fans.

Lets try to accept others opinions and maybe just maybe enjoy our Team as a whole. Not look for failures just to be proven right.

If we Pick a QB with # 5 I'm not going to wish his demise to prove I was right. But if we do pick a Top 5 QB I'd expect him to be a starter. I dont see that happening with Fitz here and now the hiring of Chan Gaily as a OC.

I'm good if we do becuase we can afford it this yr. But Trenches is the way to go. Titains picked a bunch of lineman last season and the three seasons before it. They get stronger in the 4th QTr. for a reason. Tannehill is just along for the ride.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 07, 2020 07:19AM

TCPF QUOTE: I'm good if we do becuase we can afford it this yr. But Trenches is the way to go.

You tell chren you did not want a OLineman in the top rounds then you contradict yourself saying tenches is the way to go.

WHich is it?

You are dr jeckyl and MR Hyde dressed as a cop.

Date: January 07, 2020 09:49AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TCPF QUOTE: I'm good if we do becuase we can
> afford it this yr. But Trenches is the way to go.
>
>
> You tell chren you did not want a OLineman in the
> top rounds then you contradict yourself saying
> tenches is the way to go.
>
>
> WHich is it?
>
>
> You are dr jeckyl and MR Hyde dressed as a cop.

Options my little lackey ( uniformed manservant) because I know english is not your best strength. winking smiley

I know you and Mr. back in 67' at Purdue want a definitive answer just to mount a huge defense and counter attack against it. Becuase winning an argument is all your after not whats best for this team. NOW.

We are a completely different team then last year at this time. We have options at QB. However going in that direct has merit IF we are positive about a guy , not just doing it because we are throwing darts and hoping enough darts will eventually get us a bullseye.

Where we dont have options is Offensive Line. We can go free agency but that gets expensive quickly. So I'm actually not for taking Andrew at #5 . Trading out to get multiple picks makes more sense and we still have 2 first rounders left. UNLESS we are sure about a player. We need to hit on them no matter who it is. WE GOT OPTIONS. So many avenues this team can pursue and not many are wrong. Not even taking a QB at #5. But they better be positive about him. I dont think that player exists except for Burrows. But we can afford a project like Tua if the other needs are addressed. OPTIONS. We got a ton of them .

My dream draft though would be a move out of #5 down to a team who has a hard on for a player . We take the best RB available and Olinemen with the extra picks. Best players available with the other 2 1st rounders. A stud DT , S Safety because I think Reshad Jones days are numbered.

Thats my thought process and I'm backing it with facts on how I reached those conclusions.

If you can do the same about picking a QB at #5 I'd be happy to hear it . So silly analogies about cars engines and lotto ticket bullshit. Hey you know what? Maybe its just your gut. You feel that way and thats it. Cool. BUT you need to just state it and move on. and when your wrong......as you were about Tannehill consistently be a man and admit it.

I'll be thinking of you watching the Titans in the playoffs no matter who wins. drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 07, 2020 10:15AM

Jeckyl or hide which is it?

Date: January 07, 2020 10:29AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Jeckyl or hide which is it?

Go Dolphins!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 07, 2020 10:56AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TCPF QUOTE: I'm good if we do becuase we can
> > afford it this yr. But Trenches is the way to
> go.
> >
> >
> > You tell chren you did not want a OLineman in
> the
> > top rounds then you contradict yourself saying
> > tenches is the way to go.
> >
> >
> > WHich is it?
> >
> >
> > You are dr jeckyl and MR Hyde dressed as a cop.
>
>
> Options my little lackey ( uniformed manservant)
> because I know english is not your best strength.
> winking smiley

RESPONSE: There you go...like the little boy with a 5 year mentality in the White House, it's easier for you to think in categories instead of addressing the issues...attacking your opponent because his native language is different.
>
> I know you and Mr. back in 67' at Purdue want a
> definitive answer just to mount a huge defense and
> counter attack against it. Becuase winning an
> argument is all your after not whats best for this
> team.

RESPONSE: As Reagan like to say, "There you go again." Summarizing your opponents argument instead of addressing it.

NOW.
>
> We are a completely different team then last year
> at this time. We have options at QB.

RESPONSE: No we are the same...we have backups at QB but we still don't have our Griese or Marino or Elway.

>However going
> in that direct has merit IF we are positive about
> a guy ,

.......not just doing it because we are throwing
> darts and hoping enough darts will eventually get
> us a bullseye.

RESPONSE: "throwing darts"????? you act like there are no draft experts in the nation or on any of the nfl teams.

>
> Where we dont have options is Offensive Line.

We
> can go free agency but that gets expensive
> quickly.

REPONSE: wE CAN ALSO USE THE LOWER HALF OF THE FIRST ROUND AND THE SECOND AND THIRD ROUND TO PICK THE BEST LINEMEN LIKE MOST TEAMS THAT HAVE THEIR BEST QUARTERBACK DO. NOT TAKE THEM WITH A TOP FIVE PICK LIKE YOU WANT TO.

>So I'm actually not for taking Andrew at
> #5 . Trading out to get multiple picks makes more
> sense and we still have 2 first rounders left.

RESPONSE: That would be okay if we had our QB of the future but we don't.

> UNLESS we are sure about a player. We need to hit
> on them no matter who it is.

RESPONSE: Of course we need to hit on anyone we pick at any point. That's saying nothing.

>WE GOT OPTIONS.

RESPONSE: FOR THAT MATTER, WE COULD TRADE ALL OF OUR PICKS FOR 6TH AND 7TH ROUND PICKS.

So
> many avenues this team can pursue and not many are
> wrong. Not even taking a QB at #5. But they better
> be positive about him. I dont think that player
> exists except for Burrows. But we can afford a
> project like Tua if the other needs are addressed.
> OPTIONS. We got a ton of them .

RESPONSE: There are always options for any course of action on getting anything done. We are here to rate the options. DUH!
>
> My dream draft though would be a move out of #5
> down to a team who has a hard on for a player . We
> take the best RB available and Olinemen with the
> extra picks. Best players available with the other
> 2 1st rounders. A stud DT , S Safety because I
> think Reshad Jones days are numbered.
>
> Thats my thought process and I'm backing it with
> facts on how I reached those conclusions.

RESPONSE: Really, did I miss that backing with facts above???? Or are you just saying that you have those facts in reserve????
>
> If you can do the same about picking a QB at #5
> I'd be happy to hear it .

RESPONSE: No because I don't think it makes sense not to pick the best quarterback available AT THE TOP SPOT AVAILABLE!!!

THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM, you think that you can pick LESS THAN THE TOP QUARTERBACK AS LONG AS YOU PICK THE TOP LINEMAN.
>So silly analogies about
> cars engines and lotto ticket bullshit.
RESPONSE: So you don't get either the engine or the lotto ticket analogy. What I'm wondering is if the rest of the readers have your low level of IQ and don't get what I'm saying either. I have to give up on you.

> Hey you
> know what? Maybe its just your gut. You feel that
> way and thats it. Cool.

RESPONSE: Oh!!! If someone takes a position based on no more that GUT FEELING that's okay with you but if someone makes an assessment of need then you've got problems with that. As my big sister used to love to say 'HO-KAYYYYYYY'.
>BUT you need to just state
> it and move on.
RESPONSE: I did. The QB is the most important part of the team.

>and when your wrong......as you
> were about Tannehill consistently be a man and
> admit it.

RESPONSE: I WAS WRONG ABOUT TANNEHILL????? ARE YOU SAYING HE PLAYED GREAT HERE??????

OH.....YOU ARE SAYING THAT HE IS PLAYING GREAT IN TENNESSEE??? WELL THIS MAY BE ABOVE YOUR IQ (THAT'S INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT) BUT I SAID WE WERE PLAYING HIM THE WRONG SCHEME. I TALKED ABOUT Big Springs High School and Texas A & M where Tanny previously played. Go back and read it dummy (like Fred Sanford says to Lamont).
>
> I'll be thinking of you watching the Titans in the
> playoffs no matter who wins. drinking smiley

RESPONSE: I'll be doing the same and wishing Tannehill well and unlike you will be regretting that we didn't use his talents properly as Tennessee is doing.

Date: January 07, 2020 11:01AM

You spent so long in New York even as a cop. I just wonder how many times you were taken in by a con man. LOL.

Date: January 07, 2020 11:06AM

Ha! Ha! Don't get me wrong. I remember when I first arrived in Watts in 1965 from Oklahoma and enrolled at Fremont High School, which had the biggest high school population in the entire state and was teased as students used to say, 'Hey everybody, here comes the Cowboy. Look it's the Cowboy."

So it's okay for you to admit that you were often taken in by con men in New York.

Date: January 07, 2020 12:30PM

RESPONSE: I'll be doing the same and wishing Tannehill well and unlike you will be regretting that we didn't use his talents properly as Tennessee is doing.

Hmmmmmmmmm. eye rolling smiley

Then why didnt you just say that and agree with me instead of crying for another 1st round QB ? I consistly said they need to play him different , get him players to help him, be more consistant. All you ever wanted to do is get rid of him. Now He's rated as NUMERO UNO (did that so even Sam can understand it) and in the playoffs and you just knew he was being used wrong. LOL.

YOU WERE WRONG. Not just WRONG but offensively and consistently wrong. You defended wrong. WRONG WRONG .......wrong.

People see it here. Everyone does . I dont expect you to ever admit it , so just move on. But your not even man enough to do that. I'll give you a few months to the draft. But if your the same narcissistic shmuck then you will be on ignore again. Your posts come up empty and I never see them.
Its a great feature and if you cant man up use it yourself on me.

Best and I hope you get your #5 pick QB. IF thats what this team wants.

GO MIAMI!!!smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 12:39PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: January 07, 2020 01:09PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> RESPONSE: I'll be doing the same and wishing
> Tannehill well and unlike you will be regretting
> that we didn't use his talents properly as
> Tennessee is doing.
>
>
>
> Hmmmmmmmmm. eye rolling smiley
>
> Then why didnt you just say that and agree with me
> instead of crying for another 1st round QB ?

RESPONSE: I SAID THAT A MILLION TIMES WHEN HE WAS HERE AND YOU, YOU LOW DOG, ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS BOARD IS DOWN OTHERWISE I'D REVIVE ALL THOSE POSTS.
I
> consistly said they need to play him different ,

RESPONSE: THAT'S A LIE! YOU NEVER SAID WE HAD TO PLAY HIM IN A DIFFERENT SCHEME! I DID. Sam agreed! YOU JUST CRITICIZED THE FACT THAT WE TOO WERE CRITICIZING HIM FOR BEING A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS.

DON'T LIE LIKE THAT ON YOUR JOB!!!!

> get him players to help him,

RESPONSE: YES, YOU DID SAY THAT! BUT YOU NEVER, NEVER, EVER SAID THAT WE SHOULD PUT HIM IN THE READ OPTION SCHEME.!!!!

be more consistant.
> All you ever wanted to do is get rid of him.

RESPONSE: I only wanted to get rid of him when I saw that our management didn't know HOW THE F*CK TO USE HIM!!!!

Now
> He's rated as NUMERO UNO (did that so even Sam can
> understand it)

RESPONSE: What a racist POS you are.

and in the playoffs and you just
> knew he was being used wrong. LOL.
>
>
> YOU WERE WRONG. Not just WRONG but offensively
> and consistently wrong. You defended wrong. WRONG
> WRONG .......wrong.

RESPONSE: YOU ARE LYING, LYING, LYING, LYING!
>
> People see it here. Everyone does . I dont expect
> you to ever admit it , so just move on. But your
> not even man enough to do that. I'll give you a
> few months to the draft. But if your the same
> narcissistic shmuck then you will be on ignore
> again. Your posts come up empty and I never see
> them.
> Its a great feature and if you cant man up use it
> yourself on me.

RESPONSE: UNLIKE YOU...I know how to handle myself in an argument!!!! I don't need to run and hide.

>
> Best and I hope you get your #5 pick QB. IF thats
> what this team wants.

Date: January 07, 2020 02:02PM

Time for ignore mode.

This place doesnt want every thread devolving into this.

GO MIAMI!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 07, 2020 02:16PM

Yeah, when did you EVER want us to draft a QB in the first round????????????....and certainly not if we had a top 5 pick in the first round.

The draft is like life. The higher the pick the more likely the success. Not a guarantee but just the odds.

Date: January 07, 2020 07:47PM

I decided to look at NFL.com.

I saw they had a draft analysis.

This is what was written pertaining to us

Dolphins

Record: 5-11 (.484)
Previous week: No. 5
Biggest needs: QB, OL, edge rusher

Don't get me wrong, I love the 37-year-old FitzMagic as a placeholder QB, but this team -- which went a remarkable 5-4 from November on (beating two division champs along the way!) despite being stripped down to the studs -- needs to find a longer-term answer under center. Fortunately, it's brimming with draft capital (including three first-rounders in 2020).

Remember TC, this is NFL dot com...not me.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 07, 2020 08:01PM

I almost closed this thread 2 or 3 days ago, when the name calling started.

But sprinkled in was some legitimate discussion, dozens of posts, some by people who don't often post. I liked seeing that, so I let it slide.

Then, of course, came politics/name calling/other stuff against the rules, so here I am closing the thread.

It was good while it lasted. Just like the Dolphins' winning streak this season.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.