Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 04, 2020 10:14PM

The wet firecracker better hope his super team keeps been super or he be out of playoffs soon.

This here

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 05, 2020 04:12AM

Whatever happens next week I have enjoyed seeing Tanne's success this season. Looks like TN is playing him as the Raven's did Trent Dilfer in their super bowl winning 1999 season. Manage the game and make no mistakes. As long as Henry get the ball and crushes defenses the Titans offense will roll. If they need the passing game they are in trouble.

Re: The wet firecracker 8for15 1 td 1 int passer rating 62 against pats in playoffs
Date: January 05, 2020 04:55AM

Agreed if they need tannehill to bail them out they are in trouble.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 05, 2020 06:45AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The wet firecracker better hope his super team
> keeps been super or he be out of playoffs soon.
>
> This here

Yeah his numbers weren't great. Yes, his passing rating stunk (61) but it was slightly BETTER than Tom Baby's (59). He did just enough to win (which is why I titled my other thread 'Tannehill vs Brady.'

Yes had a great supporting cast ( I will create a new thread about running vs passing shortly, based on an interview I saw after the game on the local channel). Having a running game certainly made all the difference in the world.

As they say, the stat that counts the most is the W vs the L. And speaking of winning statistics, on the NFL.Com site I noticed this interesting item:

"Since 2001, only Peyton Manning has won more games head-to-head vs Tom Brady than Ryan Tannehill (5)."

Date: January 05, 2020 06:59AM

The knock on Tanny was always....he cant win games.His stats, 4000 + plus yds doesnt mean squat if they dont win. Cant motivate people to win games. I always thought that was bullshit , because hes winning games and Henry looks pretty motivated.

Announcer himself said Tanny has been great under pressure this season. Best QB % in the league. And hes winning games. He even called an audible on the line when he saw something he didnt like.

I never said Tanny was #13 .
I always said repeatedly SURROUND HIM with good people and place him in a situation to win he will.

Despite the 4 OC's, 3 HC's , bullygate, and the lack of any Offensive line ever he still put up great numbers.you didnt have to be a rocket scientist to see if he want to a decent team he would do well. Unless you had a bias. Unless you were ignorant. Unless you wanted him to fail more then seeing the Dolphins succeed.

I wish him well next week. Will be a tough mountain to climb from here. It was fantastic to see Brady go out with a pick 6 ball of flames!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 05, 2020 08:36AM

It is easier to cure evil than stupidity.

I have told you a million times that when Tanny was in Big Springs High School, he played a read option scheme.

When he went to Texas A & M, he played a read option scheme.

But when he came to the Dolphins, he was put in a traditional pro set offense with a stationary pocket. He became a deer in the headlights.

He then went to Tennessee who put him back in a read option scheme.

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

That's why he's succeeding now whereas he failed here.

Date: January 05, 2020 01:19PM

End of the year so ill engage one last time with you.

Have you even watched any of the games in Tennessee this season? I know you are a narcissistic POS who cant admit hes wrong but are you really that clueless?

Watch the Tannehill highlights of this season . He does run from the pocket at times but he is very clearly standing tall IN THE POCKET with Henry lined up behind him. Henry was used as a receiver last night as well. NOT AN OPTION OFFENSE.

This deer in the headlights you have been referring to for the last 5 yrs was just an athlete with NO OFFENSIVE LINE.

Given the supporting cast he is now one of the Top QB's in the NFL on his way to his second playoff game.

Even if what you say was true ( its not , you just cant man up and say you were wrong) How does crying and screaming for a 1st round QB going to fix it? You just admitted it was Miami's staff not using him correctly.

So which is it? How would any QB survive here with no OLINE? With no supporting cast?

I'm not doing this with you anymore. If you want to have fun here again you have to be able to admit when your wrong and move on. And you never putting winning an argument over the MIAMI DOLPHINS.

Your behavior here , rooting for Tannehill to fail ,the Dolphins to fail , was despicable.

New Team ,New staff , If you cant be a good fan try to at least be less unlettered, unread, unschooled, unknowledgeable about your views.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 05, 2020 02:35PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> End of the year so ill engage one last time with
> you.
>
> Have you even watched any of the games in
> Tennessee this season?

RESPONSE: From the very damn start of the season. And I know you have not otherwise you would know that they run an option scheme.

I know you are a
> narcissistic POS who cant admit hes wrong but are
> you really that clueless?

RESPONSE: No YOU'RE clueless.
>
> Watch the Tannehill highlights of this season . He
> does run from the pocket at times but he is very
> clearly standing tall IN THE POCKET

RESPONSE: Hey, Dummy! You've got to watch the game, not highlights.

A read option starts with the snap as does a traditional pro set offense. The QB looks and if he sees a pass opportunity, he takes it.

with Henry
> lined up behind him. Henry was used as a receiver
> last night as well. NOT AN OPTION OFFENSE.

RESPONSE: Not on every play numb nuts. That's what an option offense means.

>
> This deer in the headlights you have been
> referring to for the last 5 yrs was just an
> athlete with NO OFFENSIVE LINE.
>
> Given the supporting cast he is now one of the Top
> QB's in the NFL on his way to his second playoff
> game.

RESPONSE: Numbnuts. A QB with NO OFFENSIVE LINE TO PROTECT HIM GOES BACK AND IN ONE/ONE MILLIONTH OF A SECOND IS SACKED BECAUSE THE DEFENSE IMMEDIATELY, IMMEDIATELY, IMMEDIATELY, COMES IN TO SACK HIM.

ON THE OTHER HAND.............................THE QB with no offensive line does NOT HAVE TIME TO BE A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS. TO BE A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS, THE QB HAS TO STAND THERE FOREVER, FOREVER, FOREVER, DUMMY! HE STANDS THERE FOREVER LIKE TANNEHILL DID UNTIL HE IS FINALLY SACKED.

TANNEHILL IS GETTING THE BALL OFF QUICK IN TENNESEE ON THOSE PASS PLAYS. BECAUSE HE IS IN A READ OPTION OFFENSE.

>
> Even if what you say was true ( its not , you just
> cant man up and say you were wrong) How does
> crying and screaming for a 1st round QB going to
> fix it? You just admitted it was Miami's staff not
> using him correctly.

RESPONSE: Now you've switched the conversation completely to the draft.
>
> So which is it? How would any QB survive here with
> no OLINE? With no supporting cast?

RESPONSE: Fitz is doing better than Tannehill did with essentially the same line.

>
> I'm not doing this with you anymore. If you want
> to have fun here again you have to be able to
> admit when your wrong and move on. And you never
> putting winning an argument over the MIAMI
> DOLPHINS.
>
> Your behavior here , rooting for Tannehill to fail
> ,the Dolphins to fail , was despicable.

RESPONSE: Now you're going off the rails completely ahole. Go back and find a post where I did that and quote it so as to revive it so we all can read it.
>
> New Team ,New staff , If you cant be a good fan
> try to at least be less unlettered, unread,
> unschooled, unknowledgeable about your views.

RESPONSE: You are just verbally declaring a victory and hoping the other readers on this board are going to accept your declaration and that's it.

Here's a hint. They're not that stupid.

Just because you are that stupid yourself and would probably fall for it yourself does not mean that you should project out on other people in that way.

Date: January 05, 2020 03:02PM

Exactly the response I expected.
Cant just man up and say you were wrong. Clear cut narcissistic syndrome.

I'm not mad at you brother. I was , but not anymore. You have issues....they go back to your days watching Griese at Purdue. Lol.

But your ruining this place. Back on ignore. Revisit back in April. Good luck. Take a few moments, Educate yourself on the draft before you scream QB! QB!QB! The future for Miami looks bright. Be a part of it.

GO MIAMI!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 05, 2020 03:19PM

I would respond by posting the perplexed emoji but that would bring out the blank out phenomena.

Date: January 05, 2020 04:01PM

Chren fitspatrick is more talented than tannehill he makes things happen when there is nothing there. Tannehill doesnt have that ability.....deshawn or lamar jackson ability.

Date: January 05, 2020 04:08PM

That's also true SamSam.

Date: January 05, 2020 04:11PM

Maybe the pats are not that good anymore because they cant cheat anymore. Havent you guys thought of that?

Date: January 05, 2020 04:12PM

Because a while back when the were supposedly cheating god knows how.....they were unstoppable.

Date: January 05, 2020 04:14PM

Back then they had a head start on every team.....imagine knowing the play thats coming next....its easier to win like that.

Date: January 05, 2020 05:28PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Chren fitspatrick is more talented than tannehill
> he makes things happen when there is nothing
> there. Tannehill doesnt have that
> ability.....deshawn or lamar jackson ability.

Your right.Coach Flores constantly changing up the Oline , rooster had nothing to do with that. Please stop pretending you know anything about football except for demanding new QBs everytime something doesnt go your way.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 05, 2020 07:29PM

He doesn't know anything about football himself, Sam. All he knows is to insult everyone else and to protect a jersey he has purchased.

Date: January 05, 2020 07:42PM

I dont protect anything. I BACK it with facts. Something you you always seem to lack. TOP 5 BEST RATED QB IN THE NFL. IN the first round of the playoffs. YOU WERE WRONG. That's a fact Jack. Your narcissist tendencies cant handle it .

We are Dolphins fans. We are on tbe verge of one of the most important drafts in team history. considering all the facts.......we had a great season.

Why cant you be happy for Tannehill? He beat our greatest Nemesis. I've ignored you the entire season....why are you and Sam such Aholes? These are questions you both need to ask yourselves. I'm as happy as any fan can be.

Otherwise just ignore me as well from now on. BEST.......

GO MIAMI!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2020 04:24AM

Its the truth fitspatrick has more ability than tannehill. He is the better player.

Date: January 06, 2020 04:28AM

BTW im happy tenessee beat new england. But as long as tannehills fortunes in tennessee.....i could care less since he is not with the phins any more...

I used to care while he was here but he kept letting me down in crunch time. Thats why i gave up on him.

Date: January 06, 2020 05:38AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Its the truth fitspatrick has more ability than
> tannehill. He is the better player.

Why? What are you basing that on?

Dont you get it? Every winning team, every relationship /player/ coach is like a long list of ingredients. That's why players like Marino, Kelly , Luck dont win Championships.
That's why Brady failed last night. If Antonio Brown was still a Patriot probably would have beat Miami, beat Tenn.

You were screaming about Tannehill for 5 yrs, but the staff failed him. Did not put him in a place to succeed. That's something Belichick did consistently. Shula never gave Marino a running game.Or a defense.

1st round picks dont win superbowls. WINNING TEAMS win superbowls and that's built by the entire draft.

I havnt seen enough of Rosen to say we could win with him. But with an improved line its possible. Fitz definitely could IMO.

Spend those first rounders on the trenches. Put them in a position to succeed. That's what Tannehill never had. I knew he would succeed else where.They picked 4 linemen in just the last draft alone.I'm just glad he didnt go to the Pat's.

Burrows is going to be amazing if hes given a good team. Otherwise he will fizzle like Andrew Luck.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2020 05:57AM

If tannehill was the qb for the phins this year we would had picked first overall in 2020 draft.

Fitspatrick make something happen out of nothing. He has that ability. Tannehill does not.

We probably go winless with tannehill this year maybe squeeze one game.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: January 06, 2020 07:35AM

Wow where do I start:

First off if Antonio Brown was still a Patriot New England would have been a wild card team at best...he is a cancer and would destroy a teams chemistry.

Second: yes we need plenty of line help, I would draft at least 3 O-line and add more in free agency

Last: Yes, I believe that Fitzpatrick has a enough talent and leadership ability to elevate his team to win more games then their talent should be capable of doing. I do not feel like Tannehill could have won as many games. A lot of success is built on belief.... they lost it with Tannehill and found it with Fitzpatrick.

Since 2000 on 11 different starting QBs have won Super Bowls .... that means about 589 starting QBs didn't. 29 of 30 won't win it this year. Everyone has the same goal.... its hard to achieve it takes talent , hard work and some luck. Our team will be more successful next year with a good draft and free agency. We found a few pieces this year...Coach Flores being the biggest piece.

Date: January 06, 2020 11:36AM

astro34 Wrote:
> Wow where do I start:
>
> First off if Antonio Brown was still a Patriot New
> England would have been a wild card team at
> best...he is a cancer and would destroy a teams
> chemistry.
>
> Second: yes we need plenty of line help, I would
> draft at least 3 O-line and add more in free
> agency
>
> Last: Yes, I believe that Fitzpatrick has a enough
> talent and leadership ability to elevate his team
> to win more games then their talent should be
> capable of doing. I do not feel like Tannehill
> could have won as many games. A lot of success is
> built on belief.... they lost it with Tannehill
> and found it with Fitzpatrick.
>
> Since 2000 on 11 different starting QBs have won
> Super Bowls .... that means about 589 starting QBs
> didn't. 29 of 30 won't win it this year. Everyone
> has the same goal.... its hard to achieve it takes
> talent , hard work and some luck. Our team will be
> more successful next year with a good draft and
> free agency. We found a few pieces this
> year...Coach Flores being the biggest piece.

Fair enough. But Antonio Brown stepped on to the Pat's (living in Bradys guest house) and caught 3 touchdowns against us. Brady had no targets except for Adelman. I agree Brown is a cancer , hes the best reciever in the NFL and nobody wants him , that says alot.

As far as Fitz vs. Tannehill......NO QB should be making something out of nothing. So that's just a silly debate.
I want him because he won 5 games when we had nothing.

Sorry. Sam all you talk about is a #1 draft pick. A #1 QB. Do you think Burrows can step on this team and win ?

I'm excited to see what Fitz can do with a good team like Tannehill has. Brady showed this season he cant win without a good line either.

And alot of those important little pieces, special teams , DTs, and Oline are found in those lower rounds. The more picks the better.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 06, 2020 12:39PM

No its not a silly debate fitspatrick scrambles and makes things happen when there is nothing there...we barely win maybe 1 game if tannehill was playing behind this oline.

Date: January 06, 2020 12:47PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
>
> Fair enough. But Antonio Brown stepped on to the
> Pat's (living in Bradys guest house) and caught 3
> touchdowns against us. Brady had no targets except
> for Adelman. I agree Brown is a cancer , hes the
> best reciever in the NFL and nobody wants him ,
> that says alot.
>
> As far as Fitz vs. Tannehill......NO QB should be
> making something out of nothing. So that's just a
> silly debate.
> I want him because he won 5 games when we had
> nothing.

RESPONSE: "I want HIM, Tannehill"..... so you finally admit it that you even want him BACK?

Let's do a posting poll on that.

How many of you readers want Tannehill back now as opposed to either continuing with Fitz.....or........banking on Rosen.....or next April's Drafting a QB???????....So even if you, my reader of this posting want options b or c. Do you want Tannehill back?

Come forth all ye merry Gentlemen who want Tannehill BACK!!!!

>
> Sorry. Sam all you talk about is a #1 draft pick.
> A #1 QB. Do you think Burrows can step on this
> team and win ?

RESPONSE: He'd be a helluva MORE likely to win than IF TANNEHILL CAME BACK.

>
> I'm excited to see what Fitz can do with a good
> team like Tannehill has.

RESPONSE: That's fair, I am too. Everybody is so that's a nothing burger in this debate.

> Brady showed this season
> he cant win without a good line either.

RESPONSE: This is stupidity. Everyone concedes that the better offensive line you have, the better off your quarterback will be.

Griese had Bob Kuchenberg, Norm Evans, Larry Little, Wayne Moore and Jim Langer.

But the point is do you get all those necessary parts while Bob Griese versus Steve Spurrier PASSES YOU BY????????????

or while Dan Marino versus John Elway PASSES YOU BY?????????????

Tsk, Tsk, it's easier to deal with evil than with stupidity.

>
> And alot of those important little pieces, special
> teams , DTs, and Oline are found in those lower
> rounds. The more picks the better.

RESPONSE: That's conceded but like I've tried to drive through your skull time and time again, the quarterback IS THE ENGINE OF THE AUTOMOBILE !!!!!

Sure you need to have other components of the car such to not be failing in order to have the best car but you START WITH THE ENGINE and then build around it.

That means you draft the QB first and get those other components AFTERWARDS, AFTERWARDS, AFTERWARDS!

(now cue Fred Sanford) dummy.

Date: January 06, 2020 12:54PM

Btw tcpf...yes i think burrows can win on this team...i would take my chances with him instead of bringing tanehill back when we all know he was a disater here.

Date: January 06, 2020 12:56PM

I dont think this coaching staff would pass up on burrows if they had a crack at him. Nobody would pass on him thats y he will be chosen # 1 overall.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: January 06, 2020 02:13PM

For the record...big NO on Tanny coming back.
Moved on from the "deer" which was still evident in moments in this last game. No high draft placement, and too many dumb free agent signings hurt his chances of success here during his tenure at Miami.
Wishing him all the best and yes...it's fun to watch him grow under a new team.
Okay...now that the "chandelier" has declared for the draft...when are we going to start our QB pick poll?
Who do you want to target and why?
WE need to have our "armchair" draft prowess on record here so we can chest pump in years to come. LOL

Date: January 06, 2020 02:18PM

AFCbeast, there are those here that don't want to pick a QB....at least not with our highest pick.

-p.s. taking a QB in the second or later round doesn't solve anything.

or taking a QB in the second half of the first round is relying on a miracle wherein one of the top QBs will still be available then. JMO.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.