HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          3 games left this season
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
3 games left this season
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 08, 2019 04:08PM

After today's "upset" loss--thank you judging crew--the Dolphins face the lowly Giants, Bengals and the struggling Patriots--the last 3 games for the Dolphins this season.

The Bengals have the worst record with one win and the Giants are with 2 wins. When we face the Giants we will have a depleted receiver corps. Wilson and Parker will be out because of head injuries that occurred during today's Jets game. They may not be in great shape for the Bengals game the following week.

With a horrendous offensive line that can't block to establish a running game and a depleted receiving corps, moving the ball will be left up to the occasional run of "Whiskers." The overall situation is ripe for us to end the season at 3-13. It really depends on how pathetic the Giants and the Bengals are. The struggling Patriots have more going for them on their worst day than we have on our best day (this year). They will beat us for sure.

It certainly appears that the Dolphins will not have the first pick of the draft, maybe not the second, but possibly the 3rd. College players from LSU, OK, Ohio State, Clemson and Bama need to be looked at carefully. The Dolphins need to draft a few studs to be on the O-line and D-Line--top prospects that can start the following season and make a difference. As for a franchise QB...hard to know who will be available that isn't injured. I don't think Josh Rosen will be on the team next year. However, I do think Fitzpatrick will be back. He is smart and fun to watch--the guy has grit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 3 games left this season
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 08, 2019 04:13PM

May look to drop down and pick up a second unless we feel Okuda is a nice fit with Howard, assuming Tua is too risky

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 09, 2019 02:37AM

Fitzpatrick should be MVP. Grit, yeah the kind of grit he has Rosen aint got and you just cannot hand it to him. I don't think Rosen will be back either. Trade him for the proverbial 6 pack as Buddy Ryan said.

Date: December 09, 2019 07:36AM

Not sure about Rosen. Didnt cost us anything so Its not really going to hurt us either way. BUT.....he seems to be getti g alot of practice for a backup and gets a ton of praise for his willing to learn and being a team player.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 09, 2019 08:14AM

The way this staff has developed gesicki and parker I'll wait and see with Rosen.

The guy was supposed to sit his rookie year and got thrown to the wolves. Rogers sat 3 years, mahomes 1. I'll trust the staff in their development of Rosen.

That said, if they ID a QB they have to have then they have the ammo to do it. The Texans ID'ed Watson and the Chiefs Mahomes. They did what they needed to do to get them. What I don't want is us settling on a QB because we have to have one. If Tua is progressing medically then take him. If not and you don't like the rest of the group, wait it out. I'd be fine with them taking Love or Fromm in the 2nd but those first need to rebuild the lines.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 09, 2019 08:41AM

Oh yeah rosen is going to be the next dan. Yes he is.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: December 09, 2019 09:15AM

I do not understand this obsession with Tua. All these mock drafts have us picking him 4th in the first round. Yes, he played well when he was on the field, BUT he was injured often behind a really good offensive line. Medically he is a train wreck.

If we pick him we may get lucky and he can play well again, but odds are he cannot. Would be the all time riskiest draft pick. We don't need risk we need players that can play and not sit on the sideline.

Right now our team has compete well but seems like everyone is getting hurt and that is limiting our win total.

I still think the Dolphins have a plan for Rosen. Select a QB in the draft in some round (high pick if you think Rosen is not the guy).

Date: December 09, 2019 09:32AM

I would be surprised if the front office are still hot for Tua.As far as Rosen I believe if they saw something in him at practice they would want to see him do it on the field. Gotta keep things positive to keep the draft value up.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 10, 2019 01:42AM

Because that's what I said, Sam. Post something of substance and quit trolling.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: December 10, 2019 02:24AM

Why is Fitz successful? Because he's smart of #$%^, can read defense and then make plays. Rosen has physical talent. Needs to catch up mentally. And I believe he will.

People keep saying, should the Dolphins sign Cam Newton. Cam may have (probably had) the physical talent but not the mental capacity to run the Dolphins offense.

Can you think of any marginally intelligent QB's that have come out of New England? It's more than being the shiny new toy to run the offense the right way.

Date: December 10, 2019 02:26AM

Last evening I watched the NY Giants play the Eagles. Manning was starting at QB and the first half of the game looked quite promising. However, the true Giants showed up in the 2nd half and the game went south for them. Tied at 17 the teams went into overtime and the Eagles scored 7 to win the game. My point is simple, the Giants are worse than the Dolphins. Maybe as bad as the Bengals. They will pick higher than the Dolphins in the draft, however, they need the first 5 draft picks as the entire team is terrible.

Date: December 10, 2019 03:26AM

We will see about Rosen. He is known for his intelligence so I don't think that is an issue. I do not hear anyone saying bring in Newton. I don't want to deal with his emotional baggage. We don't need a clown show QB like him or Winston, or Manziel or Mayfield (I think he is turning out to be one). We need to develop our own qb. I think that is what the f/o wants.

I think all of the qbs coming in this draft appear to be well rounded guys.

Date: December 10, 2019 04:27AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because that's what I said, Sam. Post something
> of substance and quit trolling.

LOL I wasnt even replying to you. You are not the center of the universe dude. The world doesnt revolve around you.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 10, 2019 11:28AM

I was reading post after post and that came out of left field, JSM08.

And Sam didn't even attack Philbin.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 11, 2019 10:22AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> We will see about Rosen. He is known for his
> intelligence so I don't think that is an issue. I
> do not hear anyone saying bring in Newton. I
> don't want to deal with his emotional baggage. We
> don't need a clown show QB like him or Winston, or
> Manziel or Mayfield (I think he is turning out to
> be one). We need to develop our own qb. I think
> that is what the f/o wants.
>
> I think all of the qbs coming in this draft appear
> to be well rounded guys.

Roaenr can have all the intelligence in the world. But if he doesn't have ability like accuracy pocket awareness etc it really doesn't matter.

Date: December 13, 2019 12:46AM

Should Rosen get some snaps against the Giants? What about the Bengals?

Date: December 13, 2019 01:24AM

colonel Wrote:
> Should Rosen get some snaps against the Giants?
> What about the Bengals?

Fitz is playing at a high level. I think if they put Rosen in, and he plays poor they are admitting to tanking. Flores looked mighty pissed last week. Tanking isnt on his menu.

Unless we get up by 3-4 touchdowns .....wouldnt hold my breath. eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: December 13, 2019 04:36AM

I think you leave him on the sidelines. I think he was shell shocked last year and it was getting that way this year so they pulled him out. I think he has potential, but Fitz has the maturity to handle this situation much better.

I do believe with the injuries we have that puts losing the last few games into a real possibility no matter who plays QB. I never believed we ever tanked... it was media crap. Yes our roster was depleted for a variety of reasons... but tanking was not one of them.

Date: December 13, 2019 04:37AM

colonel Wrote:
> Should Rosen get some snaps against the Giants?
> What about the Bengals?

That would be a great idea.

Date: December 13, 2019 06:11AM

Rosen gets snaps if the coaches saw something in practice from him that they want to see in a game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.