HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Jets: Game 2 rematch thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Jets: Game 2 rematch thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 07, 2019 06:24AM

Is it that time again? This time we visit the Jets and face them in cooler weather. With 3 wins we could take our 4th game. Gase is not the coach Flores is and it will be a chess match. I look forward to this game and believe "Whiskers" will shine again.

Go Dolphins. Play hard, play to win. Beat the Jets. thumbs up

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Jets: Game 2 rematch thread
Date: December 07, 2019 10:26AM

Fing A. GO MIAMI!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 08, 2019 07:43AM

Just got done watching the Coach Flores pre game show. Devonte Parker was interviewed and they asked him, how is Coach Flores motivating this team to win?

He pointed to this weekend....they started off 10-0 , after a 1st play interception. And Coach asked them to look around. Eagles fans outnumbered Dolphins fans.....empty seats everywhere. They were getting booed at home.

"Listen to that he said....., he definitely knows what buttons to push."

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 08, 2019 07:55AM

I don't know how many Dolphins fans will be out in cold weather in the NYC metro area...however, hats off to those present rooting for the team. The game starts in a little while and I'll be tuned in to see how they do. Bell isn't in the game and that may be plus for our run defense.

Devante Park should be a key target again for Whiskers. I hope Laird gets to play some too, I think he's special...just needs time to play and get in a groove.

Go Dolphins!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 08, 2019 08:00AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eagles fans outnumbered
> Dolphins fans.....empty seats everywhere. They
> were getting booed at home.
>
>

Well they certainly don't need to worry about that source of motivation going away at home games anytime soon.

Date: December 08, 2019 09:20AM

I almost have to feel for Jets fans. I made no secret I'm a big fan of the defensive side of the ball. They have made some great defensive plays called as penalties. They are really killing the defensive game. What good is taking a kid like Chase Young if you dont let him play?

That said......F the Jets and thier fans!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 08, 2019 09:54AM

I have to say it, our offensive can't block worth a crap! Only on a passing play do holes open up enough and then Whiskers makes a run for it. He's our only ground gainer. In the off season we must upgrade on our blocking capability. Being one dimensional is just too easy for the opposition to deal with.

Devante Parker is out with a concussion. He landed on his head not his shoulder. He will be gone for a couple of games--watch and see.

With the inability to move the ball well--the Jets are likely to win this game. They really aren't doing anything special to win, just doing a bit better than our guys.

Laird should be catching passes out of the backfield. There's no inside holes to find, because there are none.

Date: December 08, 2019 10:40AM

6 field goals and we creep ahead. Now 18-16.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 08, 2019 12:41PM

Really pi**ed over this lost. Probably the first time this season. We definitely have to invest in the improvement of the o-line this off season. Kilgore and Davenport are just not strong enough.

Date: December 08, 2019 02:04PM

One bright light from this BS loss.....Flores was pissed. I havnt seen that much heart in a coach in a while.

We didnt deserve to win.we got lucky on a few defense calls that went our way. And 7 field goals....really? It's just I hate those Jets.

We see where we need to improve the most. OLINE. The young corners are playing well.

Next year with the fresh blood, lowest salary cap......healthy players.....we will be instant playoff contender's.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 09, 2019 05:42AM

I wanted to win the game, no doubt. With that said, if we'd won that game, it would've really affected our draft pick. We stayed at number 4 with the loss. If we'd won, we would've moved down to #8 behind Cincinnati, NYG, Wash, Detroit, Arizona, Jacksonville, and the jets. Then, with two games coming up that are winnable (i.e. NYG and Cincinnati) we could've conceivably fallen out of the top ten. I hate losing to the jets, but winning would've hurt our future more than a meaningless win would helped it. The jets could've moved up to number 4. With the win they're at 9. Since they're not going anywhere this year, long term, winning doesn't help them this April.

Date: December 09, 2019 07:29AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> I wanted to win the game, no doubt. With that
> said, if we'd won that game, it would've really
> affected our draft pick. We stayed at number 4
> with the loss. If we'd won, we would've moved down
> to #8 behind Cincinnati, NYG, Wash, Detroit,
> Arizona, Jacksonville, and the jets. Then, with
> two games coming up that are winnable (i.e. NYG
> and Cincinnati) we could've conceivably fallen out
> of the top ten. I hate losing to the jets, but
> winning would've hurt our future more than a
> meaningless win would helped it. The jets could've
> moved up to number 4. With the win they're at 9.
> Since they're not going anywhere this year, long
> term, winning doesn't help them this April.

While I will never condone losing for draft pick status , I agree with everything you said. I offer this consolation The Jets might have won, but in the big picture the lost big time.
We left with a ton of hope and promise and alot of draft power to succeed.
They barely won , and really have way more questions then answers on thier new coach, QB , and many other positions.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 09, 2019 07:54AM

I don't think this loss was as a big deal for Miami/Flores compared to the loss NY/Gase experienced in the first match up.

Date: December 09, 2019 08:38AM

The score may not show it. But Adam Gase didnt win either. Flores took it to the refs and has his players fighting. Gase shouldn't be proud if that win. In fact helped us in the long run.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: December 09, 2019 11:07AM

The positives from my standpoint are that Ford really stepped up and had a nice game. Laird showed that even with horrible run blocking, a good running back can make players miss and get some positive yardage. 48 yards on 15 carries isn't an eye popping number, but it's a far cry from what the team was getting from Ballage. It was at least a semblance of a running game. Sanders had a nice game and the one miss wasn't really his fault. Fitzpatrick is so fun to watch. The man shows the kind of effort that you'd expect from a guy in his 20s. Finally, Flores is my kind of coach. He didn't take any s**t from the officials and the players have to love playing for him.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 10, 2019 09:57AM

When we lose games next year and thereafter I'll be pissed. This year the Phins get a free pass from me. I just hope this F.O. knows what to do after this season is over.

Date: December 10, 2019 06:42PM

808phan Wrote:
> When we lose games next year and thereafter I'll
> be pissed. This year the Phins get a free pass
> from me. I just hope this F.O. knows what to do
> after this season is over.

True Dat. But seeing how passionate Coach Flores is over these meaningless games really gets me excited to see him coach in the future.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: December 11, 2019 10:24AM

The fact that Flores has won games with Miami has me excited for the future.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 11, 2019 10:43AM

Flores has won games with miami with practically a bad college team.

Date: December 11, 2019 10:46AM

Imagine when we get that much needed star qb and improve the defense we be a force in the nfl

Date: December 11, 2019 10:48AM

Flores has the member one thing you need from the players. Respect. Thats why they plauing so hard for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.