HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bills v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Bills v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 17, 2019 04:13AM

The Dolphins host the Bills (6-3) and will test the Dolphins offensively and defensively today. It's hard to know just how the Dolphins will fare against them. One could speculate that it will be close while one could speculate that it will not be competitive at all.

Fitzpatrick is leading the team and Flores is getting more and more performance and production from the players. Flores' coaches have coached well IMO as penalties have really fallen off--a good sign that the team is becoming disciplined. "Don't beat yourself" Don Shula has said with penalties. His teams were usually the least penalized teams. Flores is on track with that concept. The team is improving as a team.

The game starts around 1 pm. Weather is cool for South Floridians and will be comfortable for the Bills. They won't get scorched by the sun today.

Go Dolphins...give it your best!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bills v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Date: November 17, 2019 04:26AM

Coach Flores: F the draft.....Win Games!!smileys with beer

GO MIAMI! That said....I think the Bill's are better then advertised. Today will be tough.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 17, 2019 04:52AM

Game is be a great measure of where we are. I think we caught the Bills by surprise a bot last game. Bills can't afford to lose this game. Dolphins playing with enthusiasm and growing confidence...

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 17, 2019 09:05AM

I don't care what anyone says. Yes the offensive line stinks, but Ballage absolutely and positively sucks. Fitzpatrick ought to take a knee instead of giving it to Ballage. We'd lose less yards that way.

Date: November 17, 2019 09:18AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't care what anyone says. Yes the offensive
> line stinks, but Ballage absolutely and positively
> sucks. Fitzpatrick ought to take a knee instead of
> giving it to Ballage. We'd lose less yards that
> way.

Lol.......Touchdown... Ballage.grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 17, 2019 09:33AM

Oline stinks and your rb cannot pick up yards. Wow I cannot figure out what the problem is.

Date: November 17, 2019 09:36AM

Grant.... 101 yes! smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2019 09:44AM

A couple of quick observations.

1) Bills have their franchise QB.

2) Bills, overall have a very good team.

3) Despite being out played, our big plays keep us alive to catch the Bills.

Grant's 101 yd return was electrifying. hot smiley

Date: November 17, 2019 11:23AM

We gave it hell. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 17, 2019 02:29PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Oline stinks and your rb cannot pick up yards. Wow
> I cannot figure out what the problem is.

9 carries for 9 yards. That's more than a bad oline. Walton wasn't breaking any records behind the same line, but he was averaging more than one yard a carry

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 17, 2019 03:49PM

Different kind of back than Walton...give Ballage some blocking and he’ll start hitting home runs.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 17, 2019 03:58PM

Yeah tcpf....f the draft...we will be great next year without a qb and without an oline. The lower we pick the better.

Date: November 17, 2019 04:52PM

Ken Wrote:
> Different kind of back than Walton...give Ballage
> some blocking and he’ll start hitting home runs.

I disagree. Ballage has no elusiveness or vision, He breaks no tackles and makes no one miss. At best, he's a short yardage back. I'd rather see what we have in Gaskin or Laird.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 17, 2019 10:42PM

I don't disagree that he has some home run speed but, lacking elusiveness and vision, that's not nearly enough to be valuable enough to even keep on the roster outside of a situation where you've traded and had suspended your #1 & #2 options. Beyond how awful his production has been, my major issue with him is the "I don't got nuttin' to prove" attitude. The only positive on that side is that he hasn't said it again, so maybe someone smacked him for saying it - nay, even thinking it - in the first place.

Date: November 18, 2019 08:24AM

We don't have:

A franchise QB yet.

An offensive line that is smart and talented and can block on running plays and adequately defend the QB on passing plays.

A mixture of smart, elusive or hard hitting RBs.

Defensive linemen that can disrupt or penetrate an opponent's offensive line very often.

Linebackers that are strong against the run, fast enough to cover average WRs or TEs on crossing patterns.

A secondary that defends running plays very well and is savvy and aggressive in zone coverage.

We do have several talented players, but most are average at best.

We need to improve our offensive and defensive line while snatching one or two top prospects at QB. Rosen, I am afraid is not the guy that will become a starting QB let alone a franchise QB in the NFL. Getting him on the team was an experiment. I seriously doubt whether Rosen will be on the team next season.

Date: November 18, 2019 10:20AM

While I'm not against a top QB prospect .....especially when we have 3 #1 picks I believe your assessment of Rosen isnt accurate or fair. You have only seen him behind 2 horrible Olines. literally thrown to the wolves at the NFL level.

Also many of those "average " players get alot better with better Oline play.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 18, 2019 10:46AM

A great Quarterback can pull a lesser team up more than great line players can MAKE UP for the absence of a great Quarterback.

Date: November 18, 2019 02:55PM

TC my opinion of whether Rosen is a quality QB or can become a quality NFL QB is open for speculation. Maybe he hasn't been given a fair chance, but then again maybe he has in terms of practice to learn how to play at the NFL level.

Rosen seems to be the forgotten player on the Dolphins. How often does Coach Flores talk about him "coming" along in practice? How often do the sports media probe an ask Flores about Rosen and how is he is coming along? Even with Rosen on the team, the talk with many fans became "tanking" for Tua. Hmmm. Did people and various fans really think that Tua was going to be the savior for the Dolphins, the Bengals etc?

Is Rosen developing? Can Rosen develop enough to win support from his coach to actually start in another game this season?

To insure a high draft pick, perhaps Flores should sit Fitzpatrick and have Rosen start the Bengals game. Maybe the Bengals win a game, maybe Rosen puts on a show and we win. It's hard to know what is right for Rosen and the team isn't it.

You know what? Nobody knows the future success of a player or team. If I'm wrong about Rosen that will be just fine with me. We clearly need a top notch Drew Brees type QB. If it turns out to be Rosen that works for me. We all need to wait and see how things unfold.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 18, 2019 03:06PM

The same people in love with tannehill are the same people in love with rosen. Both are a couple of wet firecrackers. Fitspatrick has proven you can lead a talentless offense when you are a talented qb.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.