HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Colts: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Colts: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 10, 2019 06:53AM

Preston Williams is out so there is one less receiver for Fitzpatrick to throw to. How this will effect the offense is anyone's guess--perhaps Devante Parker will step it up. He has another chance to take center stage.

Go Fins. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Colts: Game Day Thread
Date: November 10, 2019 11:35AM

I cant believe Miami got that INT in the endzone. We stole a touchdown. Lol.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 10, 2019 12:18PM

Fitz runs it in!!!

Go Miami!!!! F THE DRAFT!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 10, 2019 01:45PM

We still in it!! Cant believe Vitineri blew a simple xtra point.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 10, 2019 02:10PM

2 game winning streak!! You know what? Say what you want about ROSS.....hes down on the sidelines second week in a row . Smiles every where. Tanking is NOT the agenda. Go Miami!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:12PM

Wow, 2 in a row. Big win on the road

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:13PM

Yeah f the draft. I guess you were content winning 6 to 7 games a year with the wet firecracker.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:17PM

Happy we won but mixed feelings about it...how far did we fall this week?

Date: November 10, 2019 02:27PM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Happy we won but mixed feelings about it...how far
> did we fall this week?

Who cares. Our stupid first pick has come TUA end.drinking smiley

Look at the bright side. So many players are showing up as legit starters and depth for next season.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 10, 2019 02:34PM

Great win!

Confidence and momentum builder.

Date: November 10, 2019 02:51PM

Treasure, I don’t care if we don’t get the #1 pick but We need to be in a position to get our QB of the future. We can’t drop much more and still get that done without getting really lucky.

IMHO, we need to be in play for one of the top 3, Tua, Burrows or Herbert. Tua may be a bridge too far at this point without us giving too much to get him. I don’t think trading away a lot of capital is a good way to go because we have holes everywhere that must be filled.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 10, 2019 03:02PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Yeah f the draft. I guess you were content winning
> 6 to 7 games a year with the wet firecracker.

GOSPEL!

What's there to celebrate? We weren't going to go winLESS anyway. All we did is maybe worsen our draft position.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 10, 2019 03:45PM

Jets won, Falcons won. Both help

Date: November 10, 2019 03:57PM

Ken Wrote:
> Treasure, I don’t care if we don’t get the #1
> pick but We need to be in a position to get our QB
> of the future. We can’t drop much more and still
> get that done without getting really lucky.
>
> IMHO, we need to be in play for one of the top 3,
> Tua, Burrows or Herbert. Tua may be a bridge too
> far at this point without us giving too much to
> get him. I don’t think trading away a lot of
> capital is a good way to go because we have holes
> everywhere that must be filled.

Ken,

Treasure is not (in the words of today) "an honest broker" when it comes to the draft. He'd rather trade a first rounder for a fifth, sixth and 2 sevenths.

secondly, he does not believe in drafting quarterbacks, particularly with high (1st or 2nd round) picks.

Everyone KNOWS OUR CAR, that is OUR TEAM, HAS a BUNCH OF HOLES but IN MY OPINION, the automobile must first be fixed by obtaining a serviceable engine (and one which we will keep for several years while we rebuild the rest of the car.) Then we can look into getting a good spare tire, better headlights, etc.

Date: November 10, 2019 08:19PM

Ken Wrote:
> Treasure, I don’t care if we don’t get the #1
> pick but We need to be in a position to get our QB
> of the future. We can’t drop much more and still
> get that done without getting really lucky.
>
> IMHO, we need to be in play for one of the top 3,
> Tua, Burrows or Herbert. Tua may be a bridge too
> far at this point without us giving too much to
> get him. I don’t think trading away a lot of
> capital is a good way to go because we have holes
> everywhere that must be filled.

Did you watch Fitzpatrick today? He is playing at a pretty high level with little to no help and most of the starters out. We still have 2 picks next season....Rosen is a 1st rounder we are still developing.I dont think its do or Die to get a QB.And Tua ain't all that. Burrows did look good . Unfortunately we are probably going to be out of place to draft Chase Young also. That's what wins championships.....defense. That's why Marino never won shit.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 10, 2019 10:50PM

With the massive caveat stated up front - I don't think we win this game if Brissett starts...Hoyer was awful - I was really impressed by how we won.

You play the hand that's dealt ya, so Hoyer was starting and daring him to consistently beat us with his arm was absolutely the right call. Somehow our defense - with players I still literally have to look up on the roster between plays - made them earn everything they got. Against one of the best OL, we dialed up pressure without letting their ground game ever really get going (though I feel some of that was self-inflicted on their part in not sticking with it enough). Their defense is no slouch, and we were running out our 3rd-string RB and playing the first game w/o Williams. Avoiding penalties and too many costly mistakes was key.

I'm probably feeling too good about this, but for the first time in I don't know how long, I feel like our coaching staff knows what they're doing, whether it's putting people in a position to succeed play-by-play...or developing the right strategy for the week...or developing players like Gesicki and Parker, who I had largely given up on. I have my own feelings, sitting here behind a computer screen, about the value of a high pick w/o giving up add'l draft capital to get whomever we want, but that and about $2.50 get me a cup of Starbucks' cheapest coffee. So, given that it really doesn't matter what I think, I'm enjoying the couple wins and, hopefully, the larger reality that we may finally have a staff that knows what to do with talent once it's drafted onto the team.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 11, 2019 03:07AM

Missed the game but its great to be on a winning streak. Now idiot sports writers are beginning to write how we screwed up our tanking plans. I like the orgs attitude develop, train and beat the crap out of the guy in front of you the rest will be taken care of. I like looking at highlights and seeing numbers and saying who the heck is that? Needham?? Guy is making plays. Think that was Webb still playing nicely at LT and saw Boehm make a nice block at RG??.

Staff is making chicken soup out of chicken guano.

Date: November 11, 2019 04:52AM

And chren this is more proof that we can win with a crappy team and a very good QB like fitzpatrick.

We need a star qb to win in this league.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 11, 2019 05:58AM

With the draft picks we've accumulated we're still in a position to get whichever QB we want....unless the bengals get the first overall pick.

Even then, the consolation prize will be fine after watching the LSU/Alabama game.

Date: November 11, 2019 07:20AM

Lamar Jackson was the 5th QB taken overall. Went almost into the 2nd round.Did you see him play yesterday? He looked like Mike Vick on steroids.
My point is Quality QBs are picked everywhere. I want this Team not to settle. We have enough picks to get anyone we want no excuses.

If this coaching staff is dead set on TUA, Burrows, get him. Or dont.We can debate this forever. But if they pass or dont. I will back them .we have other options if we dont. Let's stop pretending this is do or die.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 11, 2019 08:22AM

I missed the game live, had Veteran Day responsibilities and helped retire about 80 Old Glories. Recorded the game.

Today I watched the ballgame and was surprised that we won; surprised to see just how poorly Hoyer played and was happy to see Laird finally get into the offense.

The "hit" on Fitzpatrick that was not called as a roughing penalty (missed by the officiating crew) would have been lights out for some QBs around the league--hats off to Fitzpatrick for 1) getting up and 2) arguing that he was all right. The guy is a gamer. The medical check allowed Rosen to come into the game and the plays he ran were not passes--just passing time.

The defense seems to be coming together as is the offensive line.

As for the draft, Tua will no longer be the 1st pick of the draft; nor will the Dolphins qualify for the 1st pick. Burrows at LSU is damn good and he could be the Heisman winner this year and clearly a top pick for QB in the draft. The Bengals, what can I say. They stink. Maybe they will "earn" the first pick. Even so, they will continue to stink. A lot needs to be fixed there.

There a many games left and many good college players to be noticed as competition between tops teams increase. College players will be moving up and down in value. BTW, Ohio State has a first rate offensive line--better than any college team I've seen this year.

Date: November 11, 2019 11:45AM

Main ingredient overall is i believe we finnally have a staff of coaches that knows what they are doing.

Date: November 11, 2019 11:47AM

And i agree we making chicken soup out of chicken shit. Imagine when we draft the right players.

Date: November 11, 2019 02:19PM

Treasure have you seen the league lately...the defense wins championships mantra gets eroded every year. Defense gets harder and harder to win with every single year.

That said, it still has a place. But offense is where it’s at nowadays. And nothing today is more important than a stellar QB.

We have to draft one, this year and maybe another next year. This and we need to keep Rosen...Fitz should be cut at seasons end. He’s a placeholder at best.

Date: November 11, 2019 03:29PM

Ken Wrote:
> Treasure have you seen the league lately...the
> defense wins championships mantra gets eroded
> every year. Defense gets harder and harder to win
> with every single year.
>
> That said, it still has a place. But offense is
> where it’s at nowadays. And nothing today is
> more important than a stellar QB.
>
> We have to draft one, this year and maybe another
> next year. This and we need to keep Rosen...Fitz
> should be cut at seasons end. He’s a placeholder
> at best.

I'm not saying it's not important, or that we dont need one....but drating 2 QBs in the first round 2 yrs in a row with all the holes we have at every position is just fool hearty.

We finally have a chance to rebuild this team from the ground up. If you dont fix that line drafters agents will pull a Eli Manning and refuse to come here. Look at how Minkah cried to leave. Premadonna QBs will be even worse.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 11, 2019 03:52PM

Not saying that the lines are not important because they are...clearly they are very important. Nothing goes smoothly without them being good. Also, when did I ever say we have to take a first round QB two years in a row? But we will have to take one next year if we don’t hit on a rookie or Rosen this year. Fitz is not an option IMHO.

Date: November 11, 2019 07:19PM

Ken Wrote:
>
>
> We have to draft one, this year and maybe another
> next year. This and we need to keep Rosen...

Sorry....I mis understood and assumed you meant first rounders. I agree with everything else your saying.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 11, 2019 07:38PM

BPAAPON (Best Player Available at A Position of Need).

For the millionth time, QB is a position of NEEd for us.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.