HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Parker and Williams
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Parker and Williams
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 04, 2019 07:03AM

Preston Williams looks very good and might be Miami's best rookie this year and he was undrafted. Nice find by Grier. I hope his knee is okay.

Devante Parker is making me eat my words. I've been brutally critical of him and if he keeps playing like he has, I'm going to have to admit I was completely wrong which I will gladly do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parker and Williams
Date: November 04, 2019 08:30AM

Hey you had every right to be critical of Parker. I think hes stuck around this long becuase its obvious he has talent. His issue was injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy.
William's had a fantastic camp and he continues to impress. He can be a great part of our future. These Diamonds in the rough exist. Grant was undrafted too I believe? Wake....and it's also a big reason why I believe I several lat round picks. You have 3-4 7 rounders chances are 1 will stick.even if just a special Teamer or depth.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 04, 2019 10:04AM

I will throw in Gesicki as vastly improved, particularly the past 3 games. Those 3 with height and size create matchup mismatches. If we can upgrade the o-line, we may have a potent offense.

Date: November 04, 2019 10:08AM

Yes, Gesicki had a great game. The kid has all the physical talent in the world. Hopefully the light is coming on for him.

We need him and Parker even more. Just saw it reported that Preston Williams is out for the year with a knee injury. Such a shame for a kid that's been playing his heart out. Hopefully, he can get completely healthy and come back even stronger next year.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 04, 2019 10:17AM

72 - saw the same thing about Williams. A real shame.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 04, 2019 12:35PM

Gesicki has a true qb throwing him the football now. Thats why he is excelling.

Tannehill was not a true qb.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 05, 2019 05:37AM

And i ve always had faith in devante parker. He just had no true qb throwing the rock to him.

Now imagine when get the Oline mess straighened out.

Devante is a top notch talent in the nfl. I just hope he can stay healthy the rest of his career.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 06, 2019 01:35PM

I’m still critical of Parker...he is still falling short of his draft stock. Nice to see him producing more but is still not enough.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 06, 2019 03:47PM

It's a damn shame that Preston Williams is out for the year. sad smiley He was a highlight during a season of lost hope. I too hope his surgery goes well and that he has a full recovery.

Gesicki is running better routes in my opinion and the passes to him are within reach. Fitzpatrick, while considered a journeyman QB, is far better than many first stringers trying to lead their teams. He has shown capability more often than not--he is a QB! Gesicki will continue to blossom. I do wonder about Smythe though and would like to see him used as a deceptive blocker-receiver.

Parker is just average and has not improved much, if at all. Williams has out shined him as a rookie.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 06, 2019 04:00PM

Note: there is a large problem with the editing features of the program. While attempting to comment as a moderator on one of ChyrenB's posts, the editing feature removed the post. Unintended.

I will be contacting Curt to see if he can somehow correct the many glitches the program is producing.

Colonel

Date: November 06, 2019 06:00PM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m still critical of Parker...he is still
> falling short of his draft stock. Nice to see him
> producing more but is still not enough.

Definitely very inconsistent. I'm just glad to see him not hurt. He can make plays , hope to just see him be more consistent, I think that will come if he stays off IR and plays more.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 06, 2019 06:01PM

colonel Wrote:
> Note: there is a large problem with the editing
> features of the program. While attempting to
> comment as a moderator on one of ChyrenB's posts,
> the editing feature removed the post. Unintended.
>
>
> I will be contacting Curt to see if he can somehow
> correct the many glitches the program is
> producing.
>
> Colonel

I think its fitting that the Dolphins Forum is screwed up. Just like the team.....grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 07, 2019 04:48AM

We actually have a staff that's developing players.

gase kept gesicki in to block and didn't like parker. In short, gase and his high school staff were idiots.

I don't consider this a lost season. We're finding out who is going to be a part of the future and we're also finding out that this staff has done a great job getting a bunch of scrubs to buy in and play disciplined ball.

I think we may have finally found the right man for the job.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 07, 2019 07:01AM

Exactly jsm Im beginning to see it. Flores and company have a system they want players to develop in. Development has never been important to the previous head coaches. Hopefully the development process will continue to pay off. The oline is developing, no name dbacks are going at it strong, guys like Gesicki, Charlton, and McMillan are developing.

Date: November 07, 2019 10:34AM

Ken Wrote:
> I’m still critical of Parker...he is still
> falling short of his draft stock. Nice to see him
> producing more but is still not enough.

I'm with you Ken. I still don't think he was worth a first round pick but, that said, he's been light year's better this year than any other year. He's making tough catches, and at times dragging defenders for extra yardage. I'm thrilled that he seems more motivated and we'll need that all the more with Williams out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.