HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Some actual bright spots
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Some actual bright spots
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 06:06AM

Another loss but at least there were some positive things that came out of Sunday.

1. I like Walton at running back. Quick and decisive. He made some nice runs.

2. Preston Williams had a nice outing (with the exception of the fumble). He made a couple of nice grabs and if he can work on his ball security, might have a future.

3. I've been the biggest Devante Parker critic there is, but he showed me some toughness yesterday. He wouldn't be denied on his TD catch and he had a couple of other nice catches and runs after catches. If (a big if) he can keep this up, I might gladly eat my words.

4. Evan Boehm had a nice game. No sacks of Fitpatrick and I didn't see any real confusion in the offensive line. He's five years younger than Kilgore, and I think plays with a nastier streak. I'd like to see him get more opportunities at center.

5. Mike Gesicki had a very nice outing. A couple of highlight reel catches. It would be nice if he keeps trending upward.

6. On defense, I really like this kid Vince Biegel. He plays with a lot of enthusiasm and energy.

7. Taco Charlton with another sack now has totaled in four games equal number of sacks that Charles Harris has in three years. Charlton might be a great waiver wire pickup and makes it clear that Harris is a gigantic bust.

8. Not that he has a long term future with the team, but Fitzpatrick is a joy to watch play. What a frigging gamer. When he put his shoulder down and bulled his way into the end zone, I had to smile. He may be erratic, but no one can deny his guts and determination.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some actual bright spots
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 07:12AM

Hal Habib, Palm Beach Post wrote a good article this morning regarding the game. Good job by coaches with the oline.

Date: October 21, 2019 07:41AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hal Habib, Palm Beach Post wrote a good article
> this morning regarding the game. Good job by
> coaches with the oline.

This was the first game (even more so than Washington) where I thought they competed on an NFL level. The game was actually winnable but for a couple of miscues. I think having Howard would've helped. Who knows, might've made the difference. I agree although about having him sit until he's completely healed. No sense in risking his long term health.

Date: October 21, 2019 08:33AM

Good post 72'!!thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 21, 2019 08:46AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Good post 72'!!thumbs up

Thanks TCP. It's good to have some positives things happen. On that note, I thought Chad O'Shea had his best game as far as play calls. I was concerned about him, but he kept Buffalo's defense on their toes for a good bit of the game. I hope he keeps getting more comfortable and with better players, becomes even better.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 21, 2019 04:08PM

The Pittsburg game will be the first game I get to see since week 1 & 2. I hope it stays interesting, and Miami is more competitive than those 2 games.

I still remember watching the last MNF game between these 2 teams. (at least I think it was the last time they played each other Monday night)
It was the 2007 3-0 game. Where the only interesting play was a punt that the ball got stuck in the mud.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 22, 2019 02:59AM

I think the team continues to improve each week. I think we are going to end up with 2-3 wins by seasons end.

Date: October 22, 2019 09:29AM

SCPhinsFan Wrote:
> I think the team continues to improve each week. I
> think we are going to end up with 2-3 wins by
> seasons end.

I think so. Top 5 pick. thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.