HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          0-16?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
0-16?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 20, 2019 06:23AM

First off, I think every fan knows that this year has never been about this year. Tanking? I think the players are trying to win. I think the coaches want to win. The organization? Uh... no, I think as a organization, Grier and Ross are looking to secure that #1 overall pick. So, if that is tanking, then yes... Grier and Ross are tanking. In looking at the future schedule, I don't see one game that's winnable for Miami. I think 0-16 is inevitable. I hate the stigma of this team going winless. The stench of going 0-16 is going to sting fans that are old enough to remember the perfect season. Is anyone else dreading being one of only three teams in NFL history to go 0-16. Is getting the number overall pick worth that? I don't.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0-16?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 20, 2019 07:43AM

The stench of mediocrity is worse than a 0-16 rebuild imo. In the past 10 years this team has had 1 winning season, 2 500 seasons and 7 LOSING seasons. Losing is losing 7-9, 6-10 0-16 you are a loser in this league. I was tired of the 'we are right around the corner from competing' attitude the previous front offices had. They were the ones taking a whizz in the fans faces and telling them that it was raining. At least I know what this front office is attempting to do. Tear the whole freaking thing down and rebuild. No more cement headed players like Pouncey, Incognito, head case f/a like Timmons, core players that could not get us over the hump, Tanne and Wake, guys that cannot get 100% with the program, Stills. I stopped rooting for this bunch years ago. Not a 7/8 year old kid anymore I could see we were not going to win with the players we had.

I don't agree with everything the front office is doing but imo its something more than just sitting around hitting the square peg in a round hole. That is what we were doing for 10 years.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 20, 2019 08:20AM

Personally, I *would* really, really dread going 0-16 if we would have been the first team to have an 0-16 winless record. But since a couple have done that already it's not as dubious of an achievement. I'm still not happy about it, though. I'd like to have one win at least.

I also agree that coaches and players are trying.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 20, 2019 11:32AM

I agree completely. I understand what they are doing and why, and I suppose I can go along with it, but in reality I HATE it. I cannot bring myself to root against my team, and I suspect that some "fans" console themselves by 'rooting' for the opposing team, but I want them to WIN every week! It's obvious that we don't have the talent to come anywhere close to that, and so what will be will be, but I can't do anything but pull for my team to WIN.
At this point, I am just watching for individual player improvement, and wanting the team to at least play hard, and I definitely see improvement in many players, and they ARE playing hard, so I think Flores is doing what he is supposed to be doing (with the notable exception of the lines- though I do see some individual improvement- check out Isiah Prince).
I will NEVER root against them - NEVER. It's not in my DNA, I can't do it. If you can, maybe you ought to re-evaluate where your loyalties lie.

Rick

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 20, 2019 01:06PM

If someone is rooting against a team because they hate thzt team then it should not be THEIR team but if they are rooting for a loss for a better draft choice then while you may say that is not something that YOU would do, it's unfair to call them a traitor.

They are after all rooting for the betterment of the team even though in the next year.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 20, 2019 01:29PM

You and many others seem to have the way this game works backwards. You don't play the season for the draft, the draft is support for the game. Emphasis is on THE GAME, not the DRAFT. As Tony Dungee once said, " You play to WIN THE GAME!" Not the draft. The GAME.

Rick

Date: October 20, 2019 02:16PM

You play for the team!!!!!!!!!! Not for one OR ANY SINGLE game!

Playing for the team means playing for its future, not for a single game.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 04:18AM

And they gave us a scare yesterday...

Yes they are improving....As they gave the bills a hell of a game.

But dont win any games this year please.

We need Tua.

Date: October 21, 2019 04:20AM

Looks like dolphan4545 has been content going 7 and 9 all these years and getting the 20th pick in every round of the draft.

You havent taught me nothing dolphan4545.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 21, 2019 05:31AM

If the whole future depends on getting the 1st pick and getting Tua then I'm worried.

I understand the importance of a franchise QB but we have all these picks so not getting one player should not be an utter disaster.

It might be a setback, it might take an extra year but there has to be another QB next year who could shine.

Date: October 21, 2019 08:46AM

I guess it comes down to what the game means to you.If only winning a Superbowl is what is important to you you are only going to be happy once a decade if you are LUCKY....the Pat's being the exception to the rule. Good Teams like Pittsburgh, the Giants , The Ravens get there every 10 yrs or so on average. Yes....Miami is way over due. But I live every day , every weekend. My team is the Miami Dolphins. Every Sunday is a family day. Special menu, we get together and root for the Dolphins. I'm not thinking about 1-2,3 yrs from now. That's not healthy because so many things can happen.

Tanking for Tua? Hes out 3 weeks with an ankle injury as we speak. What if we purposely tanked up to December and he blows a knee out?

What if we get Tua and he is the second coming of Luck? What if, what if!?

Why? Live for today. Enjoy what you have. GO MIAMI.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 21, 2019 09:23AM

WHat if?

Big question.

Hey better yet lets draft an Olinemen with the first pick overall?

That way we can improve the Oline.

confused smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smileyeye rolling smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------

If we dont take a chance on one of the top qbs in the first round we will never know.

The story of the dolphins for the last 30 years...Except when they took a bust WR turned qb.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 21, 2019 01:18PM

It's "said" that Miami is "Tanking for Tua." I have a feeling the the Fins' brass isn't thinking like that.

They for sure will be picking in the top 5, or maybe even the top 2. If Pitt Keeps losing, Mia may get a top 10 pick from them.

Before this season, everyone was thinking Tua would be the first pick in the 2020 draft. There were only a couple of other QBs that were considered to be first rounders. The way this season has been going, a few more have been added, i.e., Burrow(sp?) from LSU.

If Miami takes BPA, and its not a QB, then they will have another shot at one with Pitt's pick. Naturally, that could all change if Pitt starts winning.

Now, I don't follow college ball that closely, but is Tua that good that it would be a great mistake to not choose him? The Bengals are also in the same boat as Miami...they haven't won a game as yet, and they will (probably) be looking for a QB. So, if Cincy gets the first pick, and they grab Tua, then what? Miami could also be in a position where another team that needs a QB will trade up with Miami. Naturally, I would not want Miami to trade too far back.

Miami will draft a QB in 2020, but which one is the question. There always is 2021.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 21, 2019 02:08PM

No. Tua isn't the be all end all prospect and got hurt again. He lights up the lesser competition and struggles when they actually play a good team.

I'd take Joe Burrow or Justin Herbert before Tua. I hope the Bengals get the first overall pick and take Tua.

Date: October 21, 2019 03:05PM

I like draft picks as much as the next guy. In fact I've been saying more is better....trade down get more ,more, more! I like that we have 5 1st rounders in the next 2 drafts. But ruining your whole season obsessing about where we might pick is like not watching a movie, or a favorite TV show becuase your afraid you might not like the ending. So are you never going to watch TV again? Its crazy.....just enjoy the show.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 21, 2019 06:30PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like draft picks as much as the next guy. In
> fact I've been saying more is better....trade down
> get more ,more, more! I like that we have 5 1st
> rounders in the next 2 drafts. But ruining your
> whole season obsessing about where we might pick
> is like not watching a movie, or a favorite TV
> show becuase your afraid you might not like the
> ending. So are you never going to watch TV again?
> Its crazy.....just enjoy the show.

RESPONSE: There are 32 picks in each round so multiply 32 by 6 or 7 to determine the actual number of the 6th or 7th round pick.....in other words 6 times 32 is 192. So yoi are counting on curing your defiencies with picks in 200 dreds.

Hmmmmm.

Date: October 21, 2019 06:35PM

I say that because in prior years you have advocated trading our first round picks for 6th and 7th round multiple picks.

Date: October 22, 2019 03:28AM

Lol.

Date: October 22, 2019 05:11AM

Come on now....
Lettuce get a bunch of scrubs.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 08:04AM

I'm wondering if this season or the Cam Cameron year is the all time low for this franchise?

Date: October 22, 2019 09:28AM

toko34 Wrote:
> I'm wondering if this season or the Cam Cameron
> year is the all time low for this franchise?

Cam Cameron will be hard to beat becuase he picked a Punt Returner with the #9 overall pick.
We can clearly see a plan in motion this time around.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 22, 2019 09:47AM

Yeah lets pick a OLine with the first 5 picks....or better yet lets trade all the picks for about 30...... 7th rounders.

Urkel from family matters would be happy with that.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: October 22, 2019 04:02PM

we get it, sam. Nowhere did treasure say trade the picks for a bunch of late round picks. But don't let that stop your repetitive nonsense.

The pats just traded a 2nd for Sanu. You know why? They accumulate picks by trading back in the draft.

If the houston first is in the mid 20s I'd put a 50/50 chance on us turning that into another 2021 1st and an additional 2020 2nd and 4th.

Date: October 22, 2019 07:09PM

Lol Jsm08

I guess they havnt caught on yet I put them both on ignore this season. It's a great option. Maybe everyone should give them a season off too.

But since you brought it to my attention......I never said to trade down for late round picks. That's just silly. You move down in the first depending on the spot you get extra great value picks in the 2nd, 3rd, or a 1st in the next draft. 4th and 5th are great also for depth. More picks, the more chances you have for a player to make the Team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 22, 2019 08:33PM

Oh, 4th and 5th instead of 6th and 7th round, great distinction..

Date: October 22, 2019 08:53PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Oh, 4th and 5th instead of 6th and 7th round,
> great distinction..

I'll bite this one time. I'm really tired of fighting and debating these really silly comments.

1st rounders are not the only place you can trade. You can trade down in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The 4th and 5th as well. Everytime a team trades up with you you get extra value picks.

Obviously a first round trade most likely will not involve any late round, 6th or 7th rounders.......even suggesting I said that shows your only agenda here is to argue period.

See you next season . Maybe.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 22, 2019 09:00PM

He says it EVERY year, JSMO8.

Date: October 22, 2019 09:03PM

Whoa, you responded awful fast to someone you had on ignore. About 20 minutes.

Date: October 23, 2019 04:30AM

jsm08 Wrote:
> we get it, sam. Nowhere did treasure say trade
> the picks for a bunch of late round picks. But
> don't let that stop your repetitive nonsense.
>
> The pats just traded a 2nd for Sanu. You know
> why? They accumulate picks by trading back in the
> draft.
>
> If the houston first is in the mid 20s I'd put a
> 50/50 chance on us turning that into another 2021
> 1st and an additional 2020 2nd and 4th.

Actually he has said it more than once that he wanted to trade down to later rounds to adquire more picks. You clueless... read before talking.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 23, 2019 05:20AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
>
> Actually he has said it more than once that he
> wanted to trade down to later rounds to adquire
> more picks. You clueless... read before talking.

Unsure what you consider to be later round picks but to me that is maybe 5th, 6th and 7th. I don't remember TCPF ever advocating to trade our 1st rounder for 6th or 7th rounders.

3rd and 4th rounders are not late round picks. No GM or team would trade a first rounder for a bunch of 6th or 7th's.

I really hope thoughts of TCPF do not keep you up at night...Obsessed much!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.