HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins Vs Redskins
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins Vs Redskins
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 09, 2019 03:19AM

I keep reading articles that basically say if the Dolphins beat the Redskins or win any games for that matter that the whole season has been a waste because we may not get the first pick in the draft.

I was under the impression that the whole "reset" was to get rid of bad contracts, manage the cap better and rebuild with younger players, not to get rolled every game so we could get a "certain" player with the #1 pick.

The local press crushes the Dolphins for reorganizing and then they will crush them again if the team improves and starts winning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins Vs Redskins
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 09, 2019 05:27AM

Just say Miami wins. Miami goes 1-15, Wash 0-16. Why would Washington pick Tau or the QB of the day on draft day?

They just drafted a new QB, (1st round, 15thish) which apparently is what helped get Gruden fired. I kind of doubt that another team will pick QB's in back-to-back first rounds like Arizona

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: October 09, 2019 05:38AM

That's a good point

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 09, 2019 05:41AM

pafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just say Miami wins. Miami goes 1-15, Wash 0-16.
> Why would Washington pick Tau or the QB of the day
> on draft day?
>
> They just drafted a new QB, (1st round, 15thish)
> which apparently is what helped get Gruden fired.
> I kind of doubt that another team will pick QB's
> in back-to-back first rounds like Arizona

The fear would be that Washington would trade down with a team that wants Tua and Miami would then be relegated to their second choice, likely Herbert. Honestly, I don't see any way Miami wins a game this year. Washington has been much more competitive than Miami in some games. I expect Colt McCoy will start for Washington and with the anemic pass rush Miami currently has, he'll have all day to find open receivers. It's hard to win an NFL game when the opposing QB can literally stand in the pocket for an interminable amount of time and scan the entire field. I just don't see it.

Date: October 09, 2019 08:07AM

Yes.....even Howard cant cover a reciever for literally 10-15 seconds a play. Our draft bounty has to be defense heavy after a few O linemen.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 09, 2019 08:10AM

Trading down. I completely spaced out on that possibility. You are correct but I don't believe Miami's draft will be a disaster if they don't get first pick. Not with all the picks they have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2019 10:24AM by pafinfan.

Date: October 09, 2019 11:05AM

pafinfan Wrote:
> Trading down. I completely spaced out on that
> possibility. You are correct but I don't believe
> Miami's draft will be a disaster if they don't get
> first pick. Not with all the picks they have.

Absolutely!! In fact I wouldn't mind if we traded OUT of the first pick for additional Lineman on both sides of the ball. We have a chance to really build for the future here. That doesn't revolve around one player ever.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 09, 2019 11:34AM

Yes.....even Howard cant cover a reciever for literally 10-15 seconds a play. Our draft bounty has to be defense heavy after a few O linemen.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 09, 2019 01:00PM

Yes treasurecoast lets not draft tua. And also maybe just maybe tannehill can comeback and take this team to the superbowl.

Date: October 09, 2019 01:02PM

What do you think about that chrenb....tcpf wants us to trade down and not pick tua. He says is not neccessary.

Date: October 09, 2019 01:04PM

Any qb will do as long as we have a great team in place..you know like the tannehill experiment which was a receiver turned qb. Boy did that worked out great for us.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 09, 2019 07:29PM

Posted by: TreasurecoastPhinsfan

Date: October 09, 2019 12:05PM

pafinfan Wrote:
Trading down. I completely spaced out on that
possibility. You are correct but I don't believe
Miami's draft will be a disaster if they don't get
first pick. Not with all the picks they have.

Treasure replied that:

Absolutely!! In fact I wouldn't mind if we traded OUT of the first pick for additional Lineman on both sides of the ball. We have a chance to really build for the future here. That doesn't revolve around one player ever.

Posted by: samsam3738

Date: October 09, 2019 02:00PM

Yes treasurecoast lets not draft tua. And also maybe just maybe tannehill can comeback and take this team to the superbowl.

Re: Dolphins Vs Redskins new

Posted by: samsam3738
What do you think about that chrenb?....tcpf wants us to trade down and not pick tua. He says is not neccessary.

Answer.....Well, with the exception of the Griese-Spurrier draft and the Marino-Elway draft,

teams longing to fix their problems with a first round QB have gone disappointed.

I do think it's time to toughen up our offensive line and to draft some bull rushers on the defensive line that will not allow opposing Quarterbacks enough time to mix their ingredients for the cake that they put in the oven after the ball has been snapped and BEFORE they have to pass.

Even more than that, I am disappointed in our D line more when it comes to stopping the run than even getting to the QB before he passes.

Date: October 10, 2019 07:50AM

I think we have to toughen the Oline and DLINE as well...

But we have tried to toughen the dline and oline in past without getting the gem qb and look where we are now.

We have to draft that gem qb and then build around him.

Not improve the oline and dline, put in any qb and hope we score points.

It hasnt worked since dan retired.

I will take us been in the playoffs and having an opportunity every year instead of whats happened in the last 30 years. and that would be having no chance at all of making the playoffs because we cant score points.

Date: October 11, 2019 05:12AM

Only my opinion, but Ross and Grier didn't construct this horrifically bad roster so they could draft offensive and defensive lineman and not get whoever they think is a franchise QB, likely Tua. Right or wrong, that's the direction they're headed and they're willing to suffer the indignity of going 0-16 to get him. Grier is betting his job that Tua is the real deal. For the sake of the team, I hope he's right.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: October 11, 2019 07:22AM

I am not sold on Tua. The statistics say only 1 (Eli Manning...i can't count Wentz cause he was hurt) QB drafted as the first QB drafted in his class has won the superbowl since 2000. Interestingly enough of the 11 QB's drafted as the first QB drafted that year only 1 (Baker Mayfield) plays in the AFC. More QB's drafted second in there class have won the superbowl (3 ...Joe Flacco, Aaron Rogers, and Drew Brees) Although 18 of the 32 starting QB's were drafted in the first round.

We need players at all positions. Strengthen the Offensive and defensive lines. Get good skill players. Don't just jump on the Tua bandwagon because everyone says he is the next great QB. Maybe draft Jeudy (WR) or YOung (edge) with the first pick we have then possibly Herbert/Fromm with the next one. The stats prove this is the wise move.

Date: October 11, 2019 08:37AM

astro34 Wrote:
> I am not sold on Tua. The statistics say only 1
> (Eli Manning...i can't count Wentz cause he was
> hurt) QB drafted as the first QB drafted in his
> class has won the superbowl since 2000.
> Interestingly enough of the 11 QB's drafted as the
> first QB drafted that year only 1 (Baker Mayfield)
> plays in the AFC. More QB's drafted second in
> there class have won the superbowl (3 ...Joe
> Flacco, Aaron Rogers, and Drew Brees) Although 18
> of the 32 starting QB's were drafted in the first
> round.
>
> We need players at all positions. Strengthen
> the Offensive and defensive lines. Get good skill
> players. Don't just jump on the Tua bandwagon
> because everyone says he is the next great QB.
> Maybe draft Jeudy (WR) or YOung (edge) with the
> first pick we have then possibly Herbert/Fromm
> with the next one. The stats prove this is the
> wise move.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but what I am saying is Miami is clearly going to draft a QB first. All signs point to it being Tua, but I guess it's possible that they decide to go a different direction (e.g. Herbert) but I doubt it. You don't tank a season to draft a lineman or a wide receiver and I doubt Grier and Ross are.

Date: October 11, 2019 09:29AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> astro34 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I am not sold on Tua. The statistics say only
> 1
> > (Eli Manning...i can't count Wentz cause he was
> > hurt) QB drafted as the first QB drafted in his
> > class has won the superbowl since 2000.
> > Interestingly enough of the 11 QB's drafted as
> the
> > first QB drafted that year only 1 (Baker
> Mayfield)
> > plays in the AFC. More QB's drafted second in
> > there class have won the superbowl (3 ...Joe
> > Flacco, Aaron Rogers, and Drew Brees) Although
> 18
> > of the 32 starting QB's were drafted in the
> first
> > round.
> >
> > We need players at all positions. Strengthen
> > the Offensive and defensive lines. Get good
> skill
> > players. Don't just jump on the Tua bandwagon
> > because everyone says he is the next great QB.
> > Maybe draft Jeudy (WR) or YOung (edge) with the
> > first pick we have then possibly Herbert/Fromm
> > with the next one. The stats prove this is the
> > wise move.
>
>
> I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but what
> I am saying is Miami is clearly going to draft a
> QB first. All signs point to it being Tua, but I
> guess it's possible that they decide to go a
> different direction (e.g. Herbert) but I doubt it.
> You don't tank a season to draft a lineman or a
> wide receiver and I doubt Grier and Ross are.

How about SEVERAL linemen and recievers? winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 11, 2019 10:17AM

How about SEVERAL linemen and recievers?

Oh, I think they'll draft several lineman and receivers, but only after they pick their QB. Again, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I've watched enough football to know that teams don't throw away an entire season and likely go winless for receivers and/or lineman. I think Ross is determined to get a franchise QB and I believe that if Tua isn't it, they'll draft Lawrence next year (or some other highly regarded quarterback). I'd be shocked if that isn't the direction they go.

Date: October 11, 2019 08:25PM

Or......we might have our future QB already in Rosen. QB in a lower round ......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 12, 2019 05:32AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Or......we might have our future QB already in
> Rosen. QB in a lower round ......

And if you were Miami's GM that might happen but, Grier and Ross aren't going to do that. Ross covets a franchise QB and there's no way Grier is going to pass on Tua or Herbert especially after Grier talked him out of trading down last year and taking Lamar Jackson and into staying put and taking Fitzpatrick. Grier may not be a great GM but he's not stupid. Imagine Miami passes on Tua and he goes on to post numbers like Mahome. Grier is not going to chance that. If he takes Tua and it doesn't work, he can tell Ross, hey this is what you wanted to do. Plus, he can let Rosen and Tua battle it out and whoever wins starts. I'm telling you, they're taking a QB first overall. Likely Tua, but some Quarterback it will be.

Date: October 12, 2019 06:36AM

So glad tcpf is not miamis gm...he is a clueless boy

Date: October 12, 2019 11:10AM

Phins 72........

We own Pittsburgs #1. Pittsburgh loses eight of those 11, Miami likely will have a top eight pick, and that would mean a shot at a few among Ohio State studs Chase Young (the defensive end and elite pass rusher) and Jeffrey Okudah (the top rated cornerback in the draft); LSU safety Grant Delpit, Alabama receiver Jerry Jeudy, Oklahoma receiver CeeDee Lamb, left tackles Andrew Thomas (Georgia) and Tristan Wirfs (Iowa) and Clemson outside linebacker Isaiah Simmons.

If Rosen is playing good anyone of the above will impact this team more then a rookie back .

Imagine 2 of these players? 3-4 if we trade down? My god. And we still have 2 first rounders in 2021.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 12, 2019 04:16PM

While I think we are set with Rosen, I agree that we will and should take a QB with our #1 pick.

Then Rosen and the rookie can decide who plays.

After that, add F/A Support pieces for depth and Draft linemen and Playmakers.

I don’t however want to see us go 0 and 16.

Date: October 13, 2019 04:46AM

Ken Wrote:
> While I think we are set with Rosen, I agree that
> we will and should take a QB with our #1 pick.
>
> Then Rosen and the rookie can decide who plays.
>
> After that, add F/A Support pieces for depth and
> Draft linemen and Playmakers.
>
> I don’t however want to see us go 0 and 16.

What TCP doesn't apprehend is that I'm not arguing the merits of what should be done, I'm simply saying that I'm believe the plan is and always has been to draft a QB first and if he doesn't pan out, to draft a quarterback first again the following year. Teams don't tank and throw away an entire season to draft linemen. Whether the fans agree or not, Grier and Ross must think that Tua, Herbert or less likely some other quarterback in next year's draft is worth going 0-16 , 1-15 or whatever. You don't damage your brand like this year is doing for linemen. You do it to obtain whoever you believe is going to be the new face of the franchise. I happen to think it's likely Tua but it'll be someone who plays quarterback. It may turn out great or it may set the franchise back even more years, but that's what they're going to do.

Date: October 13, 2019 08:03AM

You think they traded Tunsil on purpose? That was planned and orchestrated? No..... Texas was a piece away from the whole package. Made us a deal we couldn't refuse. We are tanking but not planned. Not 100% anyway.
I'm not saying we shouldn't grab TUA or a QB....just there are alot of other options.

Time to watch this shitshow. GO REDSKINS......lol

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 13, 2019 08:35AM

4th down on the 50.......we just converted a first down. That was not Tank worthy.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 13, 2019 09:57AM

Tank or no tank, this is embarrassing.

Date: October 13, 2019 09:59AM

I think we tried....legitimately tried.....but the wheels are falling off bad in the 3rd quarter, Its not pretty.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 13, 2019 10:03AM

If they were legitimately trying, it's all the more pathetic. I think we can safely announce, "Miami is on the clock."

Date: October 13, 2019 10:25AM

Rosen benched.....running game has spark....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.