HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins/Chargers game thread.......
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins/Chargers game thread.......
Date: September 28, 2019 01:13PM

The silver lining of a losing season.....access to tickets cheap.$$
Got some club level seats for tomorrow's game for cheap. The last couple of games I went to were last quarter comebacks including the Bears game. Hopefully tomorrow extends the winning streak....... smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins/Chargers game thread.......
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 29, 2019 08:51AM

Chargers are weak on defense. They arent going anywhere

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 29, 2019 09:19AM

If only Miami could limit the drops on offense and put a semblance of a pass rush on Rivers. Sigh.

Date: September 29, 2019 10:01AM

Our run defense is decent. But we get killed midfield.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2019 10:53AM

Entire 72 Perfect team was on the field at halftime . Wish I could post Pics here.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 30, 2019 04:47AM

We need two Dends edge rushers that can dominate....I think we will fix that next year.

Date: September 30, 2019 10:02AM

Im starting to change my views on rosen.

I think if he can be given a good OLine and receivers he can be a very good player for us...

I still want us to draft tua. If we do we will have a very good qbs corps...

Rosen can be given a chance next year as well until tua learns the plays.

We will definetely get an idea in pre season next year about tua.

Hopefully its postitive.

Look at whats happening with the cardinals qb.

They going to mess up that kids future putting him to play so soon.

Date: September 30, 2019 10:05AM

Cardinals have pound for pound the worst OLINE in football.

Our Oline plays better than them and we have like 3 backups playing.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 30, 2019 03:27PM

No problem with us drafting Tua or Herbert but we need to keep Rosen on the team. We then have an open and equal competition with the best guy winning the job. My personal opinion is that Rosen wins the job provided the coaches are being honest. Tua sits and learns then at a later date we have a quandry...a good thing while the rest of the team improves around the two QB's.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 01, 2019 07:49AM

I agree, assuming Rosen continues to develop this year. I would have said that's even an unreasonable expectation considering the OL, but the blocking hasn't been atrocious the past couple of games.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: October 03, 2019 05:29AM

Another silver lining.

The Dolphins won't be in the SB that has Jennifer Lopez & Shakira as the halftime show.

Date: October 03, 2019 01:12PM

pafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another silver lining.
>
> The Dolphins won't be in the SB that has Jennifer
> Lopez & Shakira as the halftime show.

Mmmmmmm I wouldn't mind being the meat in that sandwich.....but look at the big picture. Miami is all hispanic. The Half time show is being catered to the area. I think it's a mistake because most of the people I know dont know any Lopez or Shakeria songs, pretty sure most of mainstream Americans dont. But it's all part of the new politically correct NFL. Most of America will shut the sound off and blast whatever......those two will be fun to watch.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2019 01:16PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 07, 2019 01:43PM

The Fins are starting to look like an NFL team. It has been taking time for them to work together, and that learning is still going on as Miami continues to have injuries and signing new people. Almost everyday we see the Fins signing another player. I hope the Fins aren't just throwing money around with no hope of these signees remaining on the team.

The Fins are gonna have to draft a DB high this coming draft. Evidently, beside Howard, Rowe is the best CB they have playing back there, and to be honest, he needs to go. He just can't handle the job. Where is Tankersly....is he injured?

I have seen some early drafts where Miami is not the team with the number one pick. That is saying something about what's going on in the NFL.

I realize everyone wants Miami to draft Tua as their number one draft pick, but I believe Rosen can handle the position. If Miami MUST draft a QB, they can do it with their second or third first round pick. Two positions I would hit first are OT and DB. Whichever position is the highest on Miami's board is the first one to be drafted. However....

If Rosen just does not improve, then I guess QB would be the number one pick. But, I still believe Rosen will improve and if Miami gets their OL fixed, he will then have protection and more time to find his receivers.

Watching Rosen I see a very smooth delivery, and he is accurate, with the occasional blip.

Date: October 07, 2019 05:04PM

I agree Cap. Let's not forget we have 5 first round picks in the next 2 drafts. We could really improve this team grabbing some top shelf help on offense and defense in this next draft. We can always get a QB in the next draft if need be.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 08, 2019 12:00AM

Cap - With the huge caveat that there's a ton of ball yet to be played in 2019 - both in the NFL & NCAA - I'd have to say that right now I see the Rosen/Tua subject differently.

I'm having trouble seeing very much differentiation between Tannehill around the same time in his Phins career & Rosen. Both have just about every physical trait that you'd want in a QB but neither showing potential to elevate the team or be "the guy" when the game and season are on the line. Each is able to display some really good quarterbacking when pretty much everything around them is as it should be (blocking, route-running, no drops)...and the occasional head-scratcher throws when everything is right and they just badly misfire on an easy throw. Obviously, w/Tannehill there's more than sufficient sample size. With Rosen, it's a super-small sample size (with us) in horrible context (for his young career)...so a lot of this is my mental projection just based upon what he's done in his 1.25 yrs in the league.

When I watch Tua (admittedly, mostly from game summaries but some full games), the things I see that I think clearly set him apart from Rosen:
- ability to extend the play and regularly make something out of what appears to be nothing
- accuracy - I know he's playing behind one of the best OL in college and throwing to a bunch of 1st rounders, but when he throws it's generally with a high level of accuracy (irrespective of how close a defender is to the receiver). he seems to put it in places where receivers can then make a big play out of a routine catch
- he's a winner - named 2nd half starter down 13-0 in championship game and leading his team to the win. He certainly hasn't won every big game, but he's shown he can lead a team to victory on the biggest stage
- improvement - I can't really point to a list of specific examples, but I feel like I'm seeing overall improvement in his relatively short college starting career that began at such a high level. Whether he's really markedly improved will probably be more clear the 2nd half of the season with stiffer competition and playoffs on the line.
These are differentiators from Rosen, for me...on top of both of them being smart and physically gifted.

I'd be thrilled if somehow Rosen showed in the next 12 games without a doubt that we didn't need to pick Tua. I'd honestly be pretty disappointed if Tua showed the rest of the season that we don't. The top overall pick, assuming we get it, would have tremendous value if Tua is who so many think he is. If Rosen were deemed to be better than Tua for us, it would be an incredible boon to our rebuilding efforts. But, for me, it would have to be so clear that Rosen is the guy that it would be an absolute no-brainer to not pick Tua. Again, lots of ball to be played between now & the end of a very interesting season.

Date: October 08, 2019 04:51AM

Tua will be a better version of lamar jackson.

If tua comes to the dolphins it will take a bit longer todevelop because the dolphins dont have a great team in place like the ravens do. So i wish they will keep him on the bench for a year or two until we can fix the Oline problems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.