HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Minkah
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Minkah
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 15, 2019 09:35PM

It's being reported that the Phins are in relatively advanced talks to trade Minkah for a 2020 1st rounder (likely later in the round, as interested teams are playoff contenders) plus a player or an additional pick.

Part of me thinks "I don't want anyone here who doesn't want to be here". Another part thinks "I can't just cave to an individual's dissatisfaction and take less value than I feel is merited...terrible precedent" Finally, the pollyanna part of me thinks "he has value as a significant building block for the future and if we can just make it thru this difficult time, he will be more valuable to us in the long term than what we'd likely get in compensation now". Admittedly, I don't think that my last perspective has much chance of coming to fruition given the apparently advanced nature of trade discussions.

Given that it looked like he actually played decently yesterday, unless things just go really toxic, I'd want the offer (assuming it's basically set on late-1st round+, i.e. not gonna get the Tunsil 2 1sts and a 2nd) to be either a 2020 1st & 2nd or 2020 1st + legitimate potential player (i.e. not the sad LT we got from the Texans).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Minkah
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 16, 2019 01:50AM

This says more about Minkah than the organization. When talking about the pats d yesterday, the announcers said they love it because they learn multiple positions and can change schemes at any time. It keeps them focused and engaged.

Minkah says it's too hard and he's playing for a 2nd contract. If they can get a 1st and another player? Do it.

He's a distraction. Every question is about him. If he doesn't like it he needs to look no further than the mirror and his mommy.

Date: September 16, 2019 05:23AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 16, 2019 10:53AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Completely agree that it says tons more about
> Minkah than the team. In the span of about 1.5
> yrs his reputation has gone from "Saban's favorite
> ever to coach" and "hard worker, smart, football
> guy...versatility really benefits the team" to
> complaining about the team benefitting from his
> versatility and having his mother basically come
> to his place of work to tell the boss how things
> ought to be done. McCain even ended up saying
> "It’s football; if it’s too hard for you,
> you can go play . We want mentally, physically
> tough players.”

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 16, 2019 05:28PM

Traded.

It only gets worse (if possible) from here. thumbs down

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: September 16, 2019 06:27PM

Gone for a 1st rounder, won't help this season, but overall for the franchise that's pretty good!

Date: September 16, 2019 07:46PM

With Roethlisberger out for the season and PIT having started 0-2, the pick looks to be a relatively high 1st rounder.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 16, 2019 07:57PM

Wow our Miami Dolphins should start selling official blank jerseys without numbers or names on them. Perhaps 00 without a name?

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 01:41AM

You may be onto something, Tamper.

00 and DRAFT PICK for the name.

Date: September 17, 2019 01:54AM

Crazy, but two of the teams we traded with to get additional 1st & 2nd round picks in 2020 (PIT & NO) both lost elite QBs (at least for multiple weeks). Believe me, I'm not rooting for anyone to get seriously injured, but those 2 picks are probably significantly higher than they projected to be if both those guys played 16 healthy this season.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 05:21AM

Well, unless they've decided to trade Xavien Howard for a 1st round pick, we've run out of players worth a 1st round pick. I guess Grier will now start advertising the players that are on the clearance aisle.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: September 17, 2019 05:25AM

MIAMI DOLPHINS

SALE SALE SALE

EVERYONE CAN GO!!!!

Buy one LB for a 5th round and we'll throw in a lineman and a case of beer!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2019 05:26AM by pafinfan.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 17, 2019 05:32AM

There's a rumor that Dolphin super-fan Big Papa Pump will be playing offensive tackle in next weeks game.

Date: September 17, 2019 10:06AM

Hey.......look at thus way. How many first round picks have been busts? Or Cut? Finally we are getting VALUE. Shows at least we are picking good players. Now we just have to make this a place they want to stay. To have a career. To WIN.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.