Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          102 points given up in the first 2 games........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
102 points given up in the first 2 games........
Date: September 15, 2019 11:25AM

Listening to the pundits.......Its Official. We are the worst team in the NFL. I really thought we were better then this.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 102 points given up in the first 2 games........
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 15, 2019 11:45AM

I thought we were going to be not very good, but I didn't think we would be this bad. Still, there are lots of games left to at least get back to being somewhat competitive. These kids have been dumped into the deep end and hopefully they will learn to survive in these shark-infested waters, then they will be adequate support for the coming influx of talent.

Rick

Date: September 15, 2019 12:50PM

Yes! Hopefully the ones that survive will be better for it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 16, 2019 05:43AM

The problem that I have with all this is that part of "tanking" should be to evaluate the young players on your roster. With the ineptitude of the offensive line, it's going to be very hard to know what you have in your running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, and QB. Whether you think Rosen is a long term starter or not, there's no way he's been given a fair shot to prove that he is. Ballage has looked awful, but who knows whether he's a good back or not with the fact that he's getting hit in the backfield every time he touches the ball. I think they took this tanking idea to an extreme that's going to make it hard to evaluate whatever players are still here. I can sincerely say that no one has looked good in these first two "games." At this point, I'm just hoping for one win so that we don't have the distinction of being the only undefeated team and one of a few others that went winless.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 16, 2019 06:53AM

I can tell you some of what we will be left with. At RB, Ballage because Drake will be traded, at WR, Williams and Grant because Wilson is always hurt and Parker is well, terrible. At QB, Rosen and Ruddock, because Fitzpatrick is terrible.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is gone sometime this week, Jones will be gone after the season

Maybe we can salvage a bit if we can package Minkah in a deal with Dallas that brings us Taco Charlton.

This year is bad and is going to get worse. 2020 should show a bit of promise but will still be bad due to a very high degree of 1st and 2nd year players...2021 should be the soonest any noticable improvments arrive on the field.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 16, 2019 07:41AM

Ken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can tell you some of what we will be left with.
> At RB, Ballage because Drake will be traded, at
> WR, Williams and Grant because Wilson is always
> hurt and Parker is well, terrible. At QB, Rosen
> and Ruddock, because Fitzpatrick is terrible.
>
> Minkah Fitzpatrick is gone sometime this week,
> Jones will be gone after the season
>
> Maybe we can salvage a bit if we can package
> Minkah in a deal with Dallas that brings us Taco
> Charlton.
>
> This year is bad and is going to get worse. 2020
> should show a bit of promise but will still be bad
> due to a very high degree of 1st and 2nd year
> players...2021 should be the soonest any noticable
> improvments arrive on the field.

If I had any faith in Grier's drafting abilities, I'd be more encouraged but...

Since 2015, first round selections

2015-- Devante Parker---BUST
2016 --Laremy Tunsil-- Trending up but not on team
2017-- Charles Harris---BUST
2018--Minkah Fitzpatrick-- incomplete but not looking great and probably soon to be ex-player
2019 Christian Wilkins--Incomplete

That is an underwhelming use of the first round pick to say the least.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: September 16, 2019 11:21AM

Here is a league wide draft breakdown over the past 20 years...encompassing all players drafted.

16.7% don't play for the team that drafted them...or busts.
37% of picks are useless players...major busts.
15.3% of picks are poor players...also busts
So just over 68% of all players drafted will be busts.

10.5% are average players.
12.3% are good players.
6.9% are considered great.
1% are considered legendary.

Buy this, the 40% we have over the past five seasons with respect to first round picks is not bad. Especially when only 8 in 100 will be great or better players.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 16, 2019 01:53PM

I am not getting too down about this team after only two weeks. What did everyone expect?

Personally, I thought they would play somewhat better than they have, but when one looks at what has been going on, its no wonder they are playing so poorly.

What stars does Miami have on the team? Maybe Minkah, maybe Wilkins, probably Howard. That's it. The Fins cannot let any of the above go, IMO. They are trying to build for the future....well, the above IS the future. Miami lets Minkah go and they will be in trouble for a lot longer than they are at present. Howard is on "Howard's Island." Wilkins IS our middle. In a nutshell, these three cannot be traded. Maybe Drake can be traded, as we have a good stable of RBs. Parker also.

As for the present team, time must be given these guys. Hell, two of the OL starters vs the Ravens just signed their contracts with Miami a few days before the game. Injuries to the OL are killing any cohesion. Hell, they can't even get used to each other in practice as the coaching staff is trying to find the guys that can play well. Again, we have to give them time.

I'm not expecting much from the Fins this year, as they are building for the next two drafts. Even if Miami gets super stars in those drafts, it is still going to take time.

The only thing that bugs me is (supposedly) some players are asking to be traded. what a bunch of babies. They can't be that stupid (or can they)? Do they have any idea what building for the future means? They are getting good money, so suck it up, remain with the team, be a good team player, and let the "talent" get drafted the next couple of years and see what happens. Hell, Shula took over a losing team, and within one year, got them to their first playoff game.

Hang in everyone (including the players).

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: September 16, 2019 02:47PM

I couldn't have said it better, cap.

I look for positives each week and I saw a D that competed and played well the first half. They got worn down in the heat.

Saw a few clean pockets in the first half but we couldn't do anything with it.

This is long overdue and will be painful.

The flip side is we could have spent 20mm on Teddy Bridgewater and still been up against the cap doing what's failed the past 20 years.

Minkah needs to man up. The announcers mentioned the versatility of the pats d. Said the players like learning multiple positions because it keeps them focused. Minkah wants to play one position, team be damned, to get that 2nd contract. If we can get a 1st for him do it.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 16, 2019 04:40PM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Minkah needs to man up. The announcers mentioned
> the versatility of the pats d. Said the players
> like learning multiple positions because it keeps
> them focused. Minkah wants to play one position,
> team be damned, to get that 2nd contract. If we
> can get a 1st for him do it.

Minkah is showing he has a clearer understanding about the Phins present situation thn Flores. When you have a super bowl winning franchise like that Pats with a winning coach like Belicheck yeah everyone is excited and upbeat to do different things. The Phins are a team in chaos, its not time for players to learn different positions. They have to establish the requirements of their primary positions first in this defense. This explains the chaos and so many missed assignments of the first game. Gotta be confusing for this guy, is he to bulk up to cover and tackle like a ss what happens when they call for him to cover the slot? Its kinda stupid how they are handling this kid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.