HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tua
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tua
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: September 14, 2019 01:30PM

Tua throws 5 yard passes that his receivers run for 40. This guy is NOT any franchises savior

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tua
Date: September 14, 2019 04:07PM

Sounds like Brady. Hopefully Flores isnt trying to re invent that magic....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 15, 2019 03:44AM

SCPhinsFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tua throws 5 yard passes that his receivers run
> for 40. This guy is NOT any franchises savior

You have not seen all of Tua games. Guy has an arm and accuracy. No one knows if any of the qbs in 2020 are franchise saviors. You need the full body of work as a team including a functional qb. Troy Aikman was not a franchise savior. No one was calling Brady a franchise savior in 2000. Only guy willing to take a chance on Brady was Grier's dad. There is no such thing as a franchise savior.

Date: September 15, 2019 05:39AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> SCPhinsFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tua throws 5 yard passes that his receivers run
> > for 40. This guy is NOT any franchises savior
>
> You have not seen all of Tua games. Guy has an arm
> and accuracy. No one knows if any of the qbs in
> 2020 are franchise saviors. You need the full body
> of work as a team including a functional qb. Troy
> Aikman was not a franchise savior. No one was
> calling Brady a franchise savior in 2000. Only guy
> willing to take a chance on Brady was Grier's dad.
> There is no such thing as a franchise savior.

True Dat Mizzou!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: September 15, 2019 08:00AM

Whether we fans want Tua or not, based upon everything I've read, he'll be the pick if he comes out. Hope they're right about him because getting him is likely going to cost us going through an 0-16 season.

Date: September 15, 2019 10:45AM

No one QB can help this team. We are in need of competent players at every position.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 15, 2019 01:38PM

In today's game, everyone on our team in every position made a bad play in each critical situation.

Last week it was a defensive team failure resulting in a blowout. This week it was a team effort on every side of the ball and on special teams and each player in a critical situation put in his two cents worth of "sucking hind tit" as a native Hoosier friend of mine used to say when we were at Purdue.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 16, 2019 09:07AM

There's still a lot of season to evaluate Tua.
I'm not completely sold on him yet, but I will be keeping a close eye on him this year, as well as some other potential QBs.
In Tua's last game , he threw a lot of slants that got housed or ate up huge chunks. The passes were very crisp and accurate, catching receivers in stride and placed well.
He does seem to have decent pocket presence, but he didn't get pressured that much to really get a good feel.
Haven't gotten that much of a vibe yet on other Qs yet, but there's other considerable talent out there that should be seriously considered.
Let's just hope Grier and Co. don't get so tunnel-visioned on Tua, without doing due diligence re other Qs coming out next year.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 17, 2019 01:17PM

I am questioning whether Tua is what many have said him to be. Is he worth the first pick in the draft? What about Hibert (sp)? How about the kid from GA (Fromm?).

Hell, maybe a team will be so desperate that they will trade up to get him. Of course, unless it is a team that picks in the first five, Miami cannot do it.

Has to be worth it for Miami.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 18, 2019 02:43AM

There are 2 years of film of Tua already and he looks damn good on it. He is the number 1 pick (imo). We will have to decide (assuming if we pick #1 if we want him or if we want to draft another qb later. Maybe trade the number 1. There are 5/6 potential first round qbs. IMO opinion he is top dog, then you have Fromm, Herbert, Eason, Hurts and I like the guy from UT ST. Others Costello STAN and Patterson MI and Montez (I did not like him the 2 games I watched him play but others do). There are still about 5/6 qbs I did not name so we will have to decide which one (I suggest drafting 2) we want to bring in.

Date: October 23, 2019 12:08PM

Update*

Tua has suffered his second ankle injury in as many years and each year it has been a different ankle. Both of Tua’s ankles are now being supported by titanium.

Can Tua stay healthy at the next level?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 23, 2019 12:58PM

Why do you keep on insisting that we NOT draft a QB???????????

So Tannehill WON'T look so bad in retrospect???

Still fighting for him and the jersey you brought, I guess.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 23, 2019 01:44PM

Chren he in love remember?

He dont want a black qb...it has to be vanila skin for him....lmao

Gotta tell you chren....that block thing made my day...he is scared.

Date: October 23, 2019 02:20PM

DON'T YOU WONDER, Sam, as I wonder, why these guys who are so negative about certain people are fans of a sport like football which is disproportionately played by those people. Hey, haven't you guys heard of ice hockey??? Or field hockey?

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 24, 2019 01:14AM

Funny that Treasure isn't the only person that would rather choose someone else over Tua. Treasure never said he doesn't want a QB with the first pick just that Tua may not be that person.

I find it funny that you two post this garbage and nothing is done about it. Race baiting POS's. When all else fails attack with race right. No wonder this site has gone to shit over the years because of idiotic posters such as yourselves.

I happen to love hockey...and the main reason is because they are not a bunch of pussy as B!tches who whine and complain when they don't get their way.

I come to this site to read interesting takes from all angles about the phins and your two always ruin it for @#$%& sake.

I am sorry JC and Colonel for the language.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2019 03:13AM by Grimey13.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 24, 2019 03:07AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> No one QB can help this team. We are in need of
> competent players at every position.

INCLUDE a new owner in that mix.

Date: October 24, 2019 04:29AM

Hey chren now lets block grimey...

Rotflamao

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: October 24, 2019 07:05AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Hey chren now lets block grimey...
>
> Rotflamao

You're such a little kid. Thanks for the laugh. My 13 year old son is more mature than you.

Anyways...Go Phins!!!!

Date: October 24, 2019 10:17AM

It's not just that Treasure opposes using a first on a QB, he wants to trade back into the 6th and 7th rounds.

And as for your personal comnents, there is an old saying that "a hurt dog will holler." It shows that you think my comments apply to you, correctly, I might add.

Date: October 24, 2019 01:02PM

You know chren...he dislikez the best rated qb...yet he likes the wet firecracker. Too fishy. Now he blocks us couse he know he is caught.

Date: October 24, 2019 01:07PM

Oh and btw gooo steelers. I hope its a competitive game like against the bills and it shows again that we have talented players like gesicky.

Date: October 24, 2019 02:09PM

Grimey13 Wrote:
> Funny that Treasure isn't the only person that
> would rather choose someone else over Tua.
> Treasure never said he doesn't want a QB with the
> first pick just that Tua may not be that person.
>
>
> I find it funny that you two post this garbage and
> nothing is done about it. Race baiting POS's.
> When all else fails attack with race right. No
> wonder this site has gone to shit over the years
> because of idiotic posters such as yourselves.
>
> I happen to love hockey...and the main reason is
> because they are not a bunch of pussy as B!tches
> who whine and complain when they don't get their
> way.
>
> I come to this site to read interesting takes from
> all angles about the phins and your two always
> ruin it for @#$%& sake.
>
> I am sorry JC and Colonel for the language.

These two have chased away so many from this forum. And yes it appears nothing is ever done about it. So just do what I finally did. If a tree falls in the forest but no body hears it or cares...did it really fall? Just ignore them for the rest of the season. Maybe next year they will finally grow up.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 24, 2019 02:52PM

Is T derangement syndrome, Treasure Derangement Syndrome?????

And BTW, yo Massa, just said that everyone that does not bow down to him,the CEO in chief, is scum. What a word to use for someone who parts with you on just one issue.

Well, if you believe Trump today saying he is building his WALL in COLORADO....I guess believing that is not that bad.

In the 50s in the South, we called them House s....s and the missing word is NOT servants.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 24, 2019 03:17PM

Gentlemen: JC and I have given considerable leeway to those making comments about QBs. This season is a bust and frustration is extremely high, however, show some restraint and stop criticizing each other's opinions on Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Tua and who knows who else that might be high in the next NFL draft.

One other very important point to make. The forum has dwindled down to nothing this season. People aren't watching the games nor wanting to really post because there is nothing good to say about anything. It is a horrible state of affairs.

I attended the NE v Dolphins game in week 2. The seats cost a fortune and I accept that....However, NE was so superior in every way it reminded me of a big bully holding his short opponent away from him while the short opponent swung his arms trying to hit the bully. The game was a joke. That exhibition of incapacity was enough for me to see. Since then I've been reluctant to watch them play on tv and sit for 3 plus hours on a Sunday. Now, I've played hookie from the Sunday game and simply recorded it to watch later or the next day and breeze through the incompetence and commercials.

I long for a Dolphins team that is competitive--I'll settle for that. I long for happier fans that want to post here and comment about good things they saw. Will these two things every happen again? I sure hope so.

Colonel

Date: October 24, 2019 03:27PM

I still watch every second I can, I'm a Dolfan junkie.

Date: October 24, 2019 07:06PM

Me too.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 25, 2019 04:02PM

colonel Wrote:
> Gentlemen: JC and I have given considerable leeway
> to those making comments about QBs. This season is
> a bust and frustration is extremely high, however,
> show some restraint and stop criticizing each
> other's opinions on Rosen, Fitzpatrick, Tua and
> who knows who else that might be high in the next
> NFL draft.
>
> One other very important point to make. The forum
> has dwindled down to nothing this season. People
> aren't watching the games nor wanting to really
> post because there is nothing good to say about
> anything. It is a horrible state of affairs.
>
> I attended the NE v Dolphins game in week 2. The
> seats cost a fortune and I accept that....However,
> NE was so superior in every way it reminded me of
> a big bully holding his short opponent away from
> him while the short opponent swung his arms trying
> to hit the bully. The game was a joke. That
> exhibition of incapacity was enough for me to see.
> Since then I've been reluctant to watch them play
> on tv and sit for 3 plus hours on a Sunday. Now,
> I've played hookie from the Sunday game and simply
> recorded it to watch later or the next day and
> breeze through the incompetence and commercials.
>
> I long for a Dolphins team that is
> competitive--I'll settle for that. I long for
> happier fans that want to post here and comment
> about good things they saw. Will these two things
> every happen again? I sure hope so.
>
> Colonel

Clolonel,

I'm sure those things WILL happen again. It's only a matter of time. Although it hurts to see our team lose and watch them play as pathetic as they do, I have faith that things will get better after this season.

Our F.O. knew that this team needed a complete rebuild and next year is when it begins. Whatever talented players that this team had but have been traded away doesn't hurt me at all - This wasn't a winning team with those players on the roster anyway. Keeping those players on board would have put us in cap hell and kept the status quo of being a mediocre team. Not worth it.

My biggest concern at this point is hoping this F.O. doesn't draft a bunch of busts. THAT is what worries me. We have a lot of picks but we need every one of them to be on point or we'll end up being completely miserable like this year or mediocre...Again.

Date: October 25, 2019 04:40PM

BPAPON.

Best player available at a position of need.

Date: October 25, 2019 06:41PM

808phan Wrote:

>
>
> Clolonel,
>
>
>
> My biggest concern at this point is hoping this
> F.O. doesn't draft a bunch of busts. THAT is what
> worries me. We have a lot of picks but we need
> every one of them to be on point or we'll end up
> being completely miserable like this year or
> mediocre...Again.

Exactly . That's why there is power in Numbers. Taking 3 first rounders...the odds of hitting on all 3 are low.
Trade down 1 or 2 for extra picks makes alot more sense when rebuilding and the needs are so many.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 25, 2019 07:21PM

So if you don't trust the front office with our high FIRST ROUND pick, why does it make any sense to trust them to trade that pick in exchange for not only a lower first round pick but even if you get, IN ADDITION, third and fourth round picks?????.

Hint: The lower the draft pick, the more risk there is that the pick will be a bust,.....I mean...logically that player has been passed over on more occasions....do the math in your mind.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.