HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Rosen will win the starting job........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Rosen will win the starting job........
Date: August 22, 2019 05:36PM

4th quarter against The Jags......pretty sure Rosen has the start over Fitz. This kid Laird is definitely making the roster.smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rosen will win the starting job........
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 22, 2019 06:10PM

Hmmmm.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 23, 2019 06:16AM

I honestly don't think he will win the starting job. Fitz will get the nod because of his experience level.

Rosen has outplayed Fitz at mostly every turn this off season but because of "other factors in Flores' head" he won't be the day one starter. (IMHO, mostly the early season schedule and the team not wanting to appear wrong on the trade should Rosen struggle early against last seasons playoff teams) I think by around week four he will be in there for the duration...and then we will see if we are looking at Tua or Herbert.

Date: August 23, 2019 10:00AM

Very interesting take Ken! I havnt seen enough of Flores to judge him like that, cant say what he will make his decision on, but I guess that's entirely possible. Rosen just looks so fluid. Fitz looked like he was going by the seat of his pants.......but he was also up against some pro bowl defenders.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 23, 2019 10:14AM

The only reason Rosen shouldn't start is that the offensive line is so bad that I think they might not want to throw such a young guy to the wolves a la David Carr. Maybe they want to give the line some time to develop before they let Rosen play. Might not be a bad idea. That line is going to get someone hurt. Ballage looked like he was running into a brick wall or vice versa. It's amazing that this team has been unable to field an even average offensive line in so long. That's been my concerns about Grier. He's been here for a long time and the level of talent is pretty poor. Now I understand that he hasn't had final say on personnel decisions until now, but still he was certainly one of the main guys evaluating the talent. Let's hope Dieter develops quickly and Shaq surprises us.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: August 23, 2019 11:41AM

Fins72 - I agree completely. Until the Oline gels, it would be better to have Fitz back at QB. If he gets hurt, Rosen can step in.

The front office does a lot of good things, bringing in players who turn out to be good. Except on the offensive line.

Date: August 23, 2019 11:43AM

Yeah, 72, you and I remember 1972 when our offensive line was the main reason for our dominant success. Jim Langer at center, Bob Kuchenberg and Bob Baumhower at Guards, Wayne Moore and Norm Evans at tackle.

But BTW, I saw the preseason game between the Patsies and the Tennessee Titans...guess what..............

TANNEHILLS STATS WERE BETTER THAN TOM BRADY'S!!!!!

BUT YA KNOW WHY???????????????????????

BECAUSE THEY HAD HIM OUT OF THE POCKET AND IN A READ OPTION OFFENSE!

Instead of Treasure complaining about the way we misused his favorite player, he continued to blame Sam and I for pointing out how Tannehill was a "deer in the headlights."

I kept saying that Tannehill was never meant to be a POCKET quarterback.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 24, 2019 04:24PM

Larry Little.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: August 24, 2019 04:29PM

I'm leaning toward Fitzpatrick to start the first game of the season. Agree fully that the O-Line is very inexperienced and not very good. Giving the big men a chance to gel will save Rosen from getting the crap kicked out of him and perhaps save him from injury. The old guy is savvy enough to survive.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 24, 2019 04:30PM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Larry Little.

Yah, Little, not Baumhower. Baumhower was later on...late 70s early 80s and was on the Defense (one of the killer B's!)

Date: August 24, 2019 08:17PM

Yup. Concede, particularly the Killer B reminder.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 26, 2019 05:30AM

On a positive note, they cut Will Holden. That guy was absolutely terrible. He looked like his feet were encased in concrete. Addition by subtraction.

Date: August 27, 2019 12:39PM

Weren't you pretty much against drafting Rosen in his draft, TC?

I also seem to remember that you were not too warm to us later picking him up from Arizona.

Or is this just your separate comment on Fitz?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.