HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          0-16 season
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
0-16 season
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 10, 2019 08:40AM

Our run defense is terrible we have no qb the oline is even worse. Cant wait till next year when we pick tua. Preston wilson is the only bright spot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 0-16 season
Date: August 10, 2019 08:41AM

If we even win one game with these scrubs id be deppressed.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 10, 2019 10:05AM

I don't know about 0-16, although I know you and a lot of people would root for such a thing.

I agree generally with your points though, judging only from my watching the highlights. A couple good catches maybe a couple good pass defense plays....and...that's about it.

Would like to also hear other accounts (mostly from anyone who saw the entire game) of how we looked against Atlanta.

Date: August 10, 2019 11:12AM

Wishing for next draft already?That's a record for even you Sam. I saw some good things the other night. You wanted Rosen so bad a few drafts ago, a genuine 1st rounder.... give him a chance. Man.........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 10, 2019 12:29PM

Didnt want rosen....but thats so like you to build a lie.

Date: August 10, 2019 12:31PM

Btw there is no difference from the cardinal oline last year to the dolphins oline this year.

Date: August 10, 2019 12:33PM

Another thing the only difference between rosen and tannehill is rosen is not afraid to throw the football.

Date: August 10, 2019 03:48PM

Still crying about Tannehill,?
Lol. Better get some new material.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 10, 2019 06:25PM

There were quite a few positives from the game, for anyone who watched it. We however played exactly like I expected, sloppy. But teams usually are in the preseason opener. Rosen started off a bit rough but he played better once he got his feet wet. He made two throws that he shouldnt have but he'll get better. He has been outplaying Fitz and I fully expect him to continue to do so. He may not start day one even if he does continue playing better though. But I stand behind my prediction of 3 wins this year. All I want to see is growth in our players and discipline in thier play.

Nevertheless, I will be at every home game...rooting for a win.

Date: August 11, 2019 09:36AM

Right on Ken! I enjoyed it. Any real Dolphins fan would have.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: August 11, 2019 09:46AM

I only saw the highlights on YouTube so I'm sure I missed a lot.
From what I did see, Rosen didn't look completely horrible but the Defensed did.

Date: August 11, 2019 01:15PM

I saw the whole game....We stink. Any real dolphin fan without aqua tinted glasses would see that.

We want a better team. We dont want to be the laughing stock of the nfl anymore.

Getting rid of tannehill the wet firecracker was a good start in order to get better.

We will see what happens when we draft tua next year.

Date: August 11, 2019 01:17PM

Btw we wanna give tannehill a shoutout.

Get used to sitting on the bench in tennesee. Ride the pine boy...

Date: August 11, 2019 02:44PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw the whole game....We stink. Any real dolphin
> fan without aqua tinted glasses would see that.
>
> We want a better team. We dont want to be the
> laughing stock of the nfl anymore.
>
> Getting rid of tannehill the wet firecracker was a
> good start in order to get better.
>
> We will see what happens when we draft tua next
> year.

LOL. But I thought all we needed was a new QB ........a first round pick, and we were instant contenders?

Now after our first Pre season game .....which we won BTW......your already calling for a New QB . The best QB draft of alltime......we cant miss! We got one of the best rated QBs from that draft...... and now 1st game of preseason.... your crying For Tua next yr... .

You have issues bro......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: August 11, 2019 04:43PM

As far as that draft was concerned, I was the one advancing drafting Rosen which we DID NOT HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BECAUSE the Arizona Cardinals took the unusual step of trading INTO spot number 10 when we were picking at spot 11.

Logically, that meant that Arizona KNEW (OR HIGHLY SUSPECTED) that the Dolphins would have drafted Rosen had they, the Cardinals, NOT traded into the spot THAT WAS JUST IMMEDIATELY BEFORE OUR PICK CAME UP.

My reason for wanting him? Two. First, I watched Rosen when he played at UCLA. Second, because there he played in a traditional pro set offense there UNLIKE TANNEHILL, who Treasure was defending, who, in college at Texas A & M AND ALSO AT BIG SPRINGS HIGH SCHOOL, both of which were only a couple of hundred miles away from my hometown of Lawton, Oklahoma, only played in read option offenses.

That's another reason that I knew Tannehill would be a bust when I saw the Dolphin coaches, YEAR AFTER YEAR, put Tannehill in a traditional pro set offense where he would act like "a deer in the highlights" as soon as the ball was snapped on a passing play WHICH IN TURN RESULTED IN NUMEROUS SACKS.

But Treasure, I find it odd for you to refer to Rosen as one of the best QBs of that draft, not because you ever said otherwise about his worth versus OTHER QBs in that class, but only because you kept slamming me for lamenting the fact that Rosen was snatched away from us.

Date: August 11, 2019 06:38PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> ..... I saw some good things the other
> night. .....

Great. Glad to hear it. Care to detail them? I didn't catch the entire game, only saw the highlights.

Date: August 11, 2019 08:22PM

Heres what you dont get. Heres what you might never get. ROSEN is the best QB in that draft because now hes MY QB. Hes The possible future of the Miami Dolphins. And I saw some great potential.Preston William's? OMG. Devonte Parker......Myles Gaskin......even with horrible Oline play. Rosen made a first down on his knees!
How can you be a fan and not get excited? I know it's only preseason. I know is was scrub against scrub , but calling for next years draft already? I'm sorry that's just pathetic. GO MIAMI!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 08:24PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 05:07AM

Our rookie guards have work to do. I'm glad they're starting them because they need the reps. Jordan Mills is horrible. He started at LT and got blown up almost every play. I can't see him making the team. The D was vanilla the entire game. The philosophy is to put them in positions to succeed. Once the real games start we'll see a better D.

New coaches, new systems. It will take some time. Basing a prediction off the first preseason game is comical.

Preston Williams lived up to his training camp hype. That guy looks like the real deal.

Rosen looked unsure of himself holding and patting the ball early on. The int was a bad read. He played much better in the 2nd half and made some really good throws.

Our kicker is automatic. I'd work on our 2 pt conversion plays the rest of the preseason.

Trades I think will be made before the regular season. Parker and/or Stills. They're expendable with Williams. Kiko. He won't be around in 2 years when were good. Reshad. Not in the long term plans.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: August 12, 2019 06:38AM

The o-line were not good against Atlanta. Also, the one CB got eaten alive.

I was overall encouraged that the team is headed in the right direction. The key is to see growth over the course of the preseason and even over the season. they are a very young team.

We may not be in the playoff hunt but baring major injuries, the Dolphins are not going to be a team you want to face late season.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: August 12, 2019 06:40AM

Ken Wrote:
> There were quite a few positives from the game,
> for anyone who watched it. We however played
> exactly like I expected, sloppy. But teams usually
> are in the preseason opener. Rosen started off a
> bit rough but he played better once he got his
> feet wet. He made two throws that he shouldnt have
> but he'll get better. He has been outplaying Fitz
> and I fully expect him to continue to do so. He
> may not start day one even if he does continue
> playing better though. But I stand behind my
> prediction of 3 wins this year. All I want to see
> is growth in our players and discipline in thier
> play.

>
> Nevertheless, I will be at every home
> game...rooting for a win.

I agree Ken. I don't expect a lot of wins this year, but Rosen had some nice throws with little to no o line protection. Preston Williams looks like the player they thought Devante Parker would be. It's early but I'm hopeful. Watching the line was painful. Tunsel didn't play and hopefully when he does, it at least helps. The two tackles I saw playing were absolutely horrible. Will Holden looked like he had both feet in cement. Rushers were just going around him like he wasn't there. Jordan Mills wasn't much better (though he was playing left vs. right tackle which couldn't have helped). I'm hopeful Grier is closely monitoring the waiver wire as the final cuts almost have to provide better depth than what we're seeing right now. Flores wouldn't have been my choice due to his lack of head coaching experience but so far I like the way he has handled himself. He's certainly assembled a better staff than Gase did. I still cringe over watching Burke getting out-coached on a weekly basis.

Date: August 12, 2019 08:26AM

And let's not forget Albert Wilson and Grant didnt play. We get some decent Oline play , just enough time to develop a play , enough time to develop a run game, this can be a very dangerous pass game. I can see what could be.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: August 12, 2019 08:46AM

Quote: I can see what could be.

LOL.Draft tua.

Date: August 12, 2019 10:23AM

Who's talking about the next draft, Treasure? Not me.

So if it's not me, why do you bring it up in response to my post?

Just being a New Yawk con man again?

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 12, 2019 11:39AM

Fins72 Wrote:
> Ken Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There were quite a few positives from the game,
> > for anyone who watched it. We however played
> > exactly like I expected, sloppy. But teams
> usually
> > are in the preseason opener. Rosen started off
> a
> > bit rough but he played better once he got his
> > feet wet. He made two throws that he shouldnt
> have
> > but he'll get better. He has been outplaying
> Fitz
> > and I fully expect him to continue to do so. He
> > may not start day one even if he does continue
> > playing better though. But I stand behind my
> > prediction of 3 wins this year. All I want to
> see
> > is growth in our players and discipline in
> thier
> > play.
>
> >
> > Nevertheless, I will be at every home
> > game...rooting for a win.
>
> I agree Ken. I don't expect a lot of wins this
> year, but Rosen had some nice throws with little
> to no o line protection. Preston Williams looks
> like the player they thought Devante Parker would
> be. It's early but I'm hopeful. Watching the line
> was painful. Tunsel didn't play and hopefully when
> he does, it at least helps. The two tackles I saw
> playing were absolutely horrible. Will Holden
> looked like he had both feet in cement. Rushers
> were just going around him like he wasn't there.
> Jordan Mills wasn't much better (though he was
> playing left vs. right tackle which couldn't have
> helped). I'm hopeful Grier is closely monitoring
> the waiver wire as the final cuts almost have to
> provide better depth than what we're seeing right
> now. Flores wouldn't have been my choice due to
> his lack of head coaching experience but so far I
> like the way he has handled himself. He's
> certainly assembled a better staff than Gase did.
> I still cringe over watching Burke getting
> out-coached on a weekly basis.

I was very impressed with Williams. I am sure he will keep it up, and if he does, Parker better watch out. With Williams playing as well as he did, Parker isn't going to let those minor injuries keep him off the field. If he does, Williams will take his job and keep it. Parker will probably be looking for another team if that happens.

Granted, Fitz didn't play much (two series), but if Rosen keeps playing the way he has been the last couple of weeks of training camp and their first game vs Atlanta, he will be the starter. With the exception of that one int, Rosen played a good game, despite the poor OLine play.

The OLine....Tunsel didn't play which is why Mills was on the right side. However, from what I have read, he isn't playing that well on the right, either. Our two rookie guards are doing a pretty good job, but as Dieter said, there is still a lot of work to be done. If Mills doesn't improve, he will be gone and either Davis steps in or Miami will find someone who has been cut. I don't think there are any other tackles on the Fins, who could take over.

I agree about Flores; I like the way he is doing things.

Date: August 12, 2019 02:38PM

There was that one play at 11:45 in the 2nd quarter ( Id post a link but this forum doesn't support it) Rosen was getting sacked from behind and he still completed a 25 yarder to Preston Williams. His legs were out from under him and he made the throw completely from his shoulder strength. It impressed me because hes willing to sacrifice his body already in the first game of Pre season. He wants it. He's definitely got something to prove.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: August 13, 2019 10:24AM

If Rosen turns out to be the QB of the future, a fair amount of credit is due to Fitzpatrick. It appears that he's showing how to be the consummate pro.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 13, 2019 10:42PM

Yes, the O-Line needs work but remember guys we were playing a very vanilla scheme. They did open a few good holes in the running game however...something to build upon. The defense looks fast, but our tackling needs work...something I fully expected, BTW. Williams is playing great at the moment, lets hope he keeps it up. Right now, we are getting guys reps and looking at the bottom half of the roster. The top guys are mostly not playing. Rosen looked better the more he played and he showed good velocity, good accuracy, made some very good throws, and had good mobility. He made the two mistakes but on the pick he was blocked from seeing the LB by our OG. The throw from his knees he should have never thrown but he showed impressive arm strength in getting the ball out and to a spot where only the WR could have made a play on it. If the coaches can solidify the OL just a bit and give Rosen "some" time he can and will make good throws...he's already shown that much.

This team is not devoid of talent and we will win a few games once we get the wheels under us a bit more.

We are also dealing with these facts: a completely new scheme and terminology on both sides of the ball, new coaches, new QB's and a very young roster that is totally in flux right now...its gonna take some time. We are also NOT finished with the roster this season either, further additions will be coming soon.

Date: August 16, 2019 11:32AM

Is Fits mentoring him, SC?

Date: August 16, 2019 05:43PM

I wish these preseason victories counted!

Posted by: gnrbaby ()
Date: August 20, 2019 03:42PM

we'll go 6-10 or 8-8 as usual who are kidding :-)

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.