HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Camp Opens
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Camp Opens
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: July 25, 2019 04:03AM

Camp opens today and I am excited to see what it brings. I have no expectations that the Dolphins will be good or make the playoffs. I look to improvement and the future.

I am excited to see:

1. How the coaching staff performs - our fundamentals and discipline have been poor over the past few years
2. To see how Rosen does. I'm not worried about how hes playing Week 1 but if he's the real deal down the stretch.
3. To see how whether the youngsters on defense can form the core of something solid

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Camp Opens
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: July 26, 2019 12:42AM

Agree on all 3. 1 is the most important to me. Gase brought in vets to try to change the culture. That starts and stops with the staff.

NE didn't have superstars at every position. They had guys that bought in and stepped up when needed. I want to see our players buying in as the season progresses.

Rosen will get his shot this year. He was on a train wreck of a team last year. Ease him in. Let him learn the O. He has the talent.

I'm excited to see a defense run by competent coaches.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: July 26, 2019 07:43AM

Any updates on Jim Caldwell?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 27, 2019 09:14AM

To whoever is fortunate enough to attend the sessions: please post your reports here!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 02:54PM

Sam, Flores says they're in constant contact, he just can't be there full time.

No update on his health though.

Date: July 29, 2019 11:17AM

Dolphins fire O-Line coach Pat Flaherty

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 30, 2019 03:54AM

Flores did not see what he wanted coming out of the oline. Flaherty was not getting Flores' program online within his position. Very rare to see a positions coach get canned this early in the season but Flores is letting his coaches know that it starts with them. Its your squad you make sure that they are ready. If you cannot get them ready I will find someone who can.

No excuses gutsy guy. Might as well do it early.

Date: July 30, 2019 09:32AM

I love how Flores is leading the team. High expectations on players and coaches to perform.

I also get the impression that if DeGuglielmo had been available, Flores would have hired him over Flaherty to begin with.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: August 03, 2019 12:22PM

Hopefully Rosen works out. This will give Miami the opportunity to draft a blue chip player in a needed position. If Rosen doesn't take over the starting job, then Miami will have to go for one of the top QBs in the 2020 draft.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 06, 2019 05:02PM

I'm loving how Flores doesn't dilly-dally. Our o-line has been sub standard for years and I'm happy he realizes the importance of having one that can get the job done. Yes, very unusual for a positions coach to be canned so early on. The leadership he brought from NE is showing.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: August 07, 2019 06:53AM

I was admittedly slow in coming around to the idea that QB is the most important position unit on the team relative to overall success and somewhat begrudgingly gave up my long-held belief that OL is #1. I still maintain the strong belief that the OL is incredibly critical to overall success. While I'm not super-excited about the talent level outside of Tunsil, I'm reminded that you don't need 5 1st rounders to field a good line (in fact, I think we recently had 4 1st rounders starting and didn't have a really high-performing line)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.