HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting Take On Rosen
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Interesting Take On Rosen
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: May 01, 2019 02:33PM

In fact, the Arizona Cardinals drafted Kyler and ditched Josh Rosen who they traded to us.

You're just wrong about everything.

About us not wanting Rosen, about me calling out Tyree Jackson while you were predicting he would never get drafted (probably an argument you had with one of your buddies in your neighborhood or on your job) when it was Kyler Murray that I said that about and you called me on it.

And the funny thing IS LOL LOL, you brought Kyler Murray back in your mind but SUBSTITUTED TYREE JACKSON FOR HIM IN YOUR MEMORY and then LOL pointed out I was wrong in saying Tyree Jackson would go high and Tyree was never drafted.....when all the while YOU WERE ACTUALLY REMEMBERING HOW I WAS ACTUALLY TOUTING KYLER MURRAY WHO WENT NUMBER 1 OVERALL IN THE DRAFT!!!!

LOL. Boy, did you prove me wrong! ....errr... NOT!

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: May 01, 2019 05:39PM

Here is the post I made about you criticizing Kyler Murray and now you're getting it CONFUSED with Tyree Jackson.

Who's got Alzheimer's?????

Re: Do we REALLY need a 5'9" Quarterback?
Posted by: ChyrenB
Date: February 13, 2019 02:31PM

People who have always been told "no" seem to have a funny way of forcing "yes" down the world's throat.

IN CASE YOU BRING UP THAT THERE IS NO NAME HERE. Tyree Jackson is a Giant. What 6'5" or so?

Kyler Murray is 5 foor 9.

So there's no way there can be any question about you being wrong.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: May 02, 2019 07:39AM

Deep thought has alzheimer.....????

Lmao

Date: May 02, 2019 08:02AM

TCPF THinks too much thats why we should rename him......DEEPTHOUGHT.

Date: May 02, 2019 10:26AM

More like Deepsh*t.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 02, 2019 12:07PM

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC....

I found an article about Rosen now being able to work with Caldwell too SCPhins. I agree that good quality coaching means a lot for any player or team success. So Jim Caldwell is not only our assistant HC, but he's our QB's coach too. I like how coach Flores has surrounded himself with some quality personnel which could translate to some positive results for this team. I wasn't aware of Caldwell's resume as a QB coach, never looked into it until now. All I new was that he's the former HC of the Lions.

So now having been enlightened on the subject, having Jim Caldwell to coach both Rosen & Fitzbeard makes me look forward to Rosen's future as a young QB with this team. I think there's going to be one helluva battle for the starting job this season and whoever wins that job will have my full support.

Another part of this whole thing I look forward to is what 2020 has in store. We'll have way more draft picks to add towards a fuller potential. I don't expect any miracles for 2019 at all, but at least we should have a pretty good understanding of what this new coaching staff will be like. Game planning, team preparation and play calling are very important aspects of what this team needed besides the changes in player personnel that have already taken place & will continue to do so moving forward. Hopefully we'll have some good times ahead.

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: May 02, 2019 04:25PM

Moving on from Tannehill at this point was probably the right decision, but the simple truth is, Tannehill never had a chance in Miami. He only played behind a legit NFL caliber offensive line for like 10 total games in his career here. The rest of the time he had an O-line that fared about as well as the average high-school line would expect to fare.

As for Rosen... I think he has a chance to be good, but if we don't build a line to protect him, he'll wind up another Tannehill, or even David Carr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2019 05:01PM by Doctor Feelgood.

Date: May 02, 2019 04:40PM

It wasn't the o line. It was that we played him in the wrong scheme.

Date: May 03, 2019 10:17PM

He was a run and gunner. We never put him in a run and gun offense.

Date: May 08, 2019 10:03PM

As related here about the Titans.

New offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur was on Mike Shanahan’s 2012 Redskins staff when Robert Griffin III excelled as a mobile quarterback, so he should be a perfect fit for Marcus Mariota, who is a good runner and very accurate on the shorter throws found in West Coast schemes. Look for LaFleur to blend read-option packages with a zone running game and play-action passing attack. The drift concept, shown here, will be a staple of the Titans’ offense. It is one of the better play-action looks in the NFL, especially when the quarterback is a threat to run. Linebackers fly up to defend the run, opening the middle of the field for the drift route.

Date: May 09, 2019 06:50AM

In thee mean time the wet firecracker Tannehill DONE be holding the clipboard and making notes for mariotta for the rest of his here career.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: May 09, 2019 01:12PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In thee mean time the wet firecracker Tannehill
> DONE be holding the clipboard and making notes for
> mariotta for the rest of his here career.

Nobody here cares as he's no longer a Dolphin.

So what are your thoughts about Rosen Sam?

This here thread is about Rosen not Tannehill.

Date: May 09, 2019 03:06PM

It WAS a post about Tannehill, 808. Tanny was a Dolphins QB who is now going to a different team and the point is whether WE used him properly. If Mariota goes down and Tannehill leads them to the SuperBowl, I'll go crazy because I kept yelling for US to put him in the read option. That why it matters to US. Even now. Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are DOOMED to repeat its mistakes.

Date: May 09, 2019 06:22PM

AND, and please don't take this as me throwing the Doctor under the bus but quite the contrary, Dr. Feelgood was indicating what we needed to keep Rosen from being another Tannehill, he said, "As for Rosen... I think he has a chance to be good, but if we don't build a line to protect him, he'll wind up another Tannehill, or even David Carr."

SamSam was merely following up on that comment, as was I.

Date: May 10, 2019 04:55AM

808phan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In thee mean time the wet firecracker Tannehill
> > DONE be holding the clipboard and making notes
> for
> > mariotta for the rest of his here career.
>
> Nobody here cares as he's no longer a Dolphin.
>
> So what are your thoughts about Rosen Sam?
>
> This here thread is about Rosen not Tannehill.

Don't know much about him. Saw him play just a couple of games last year...On one of those games he threw 3 tds 1 pick and looked very good although the cards lost.

Hoping he becomes great.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 10, 2019 09:22AM

Will you guys PLEASE stop hijacking potentially interesting threads with your inane back-and-forth foolishness?!

Rick

Date: May 10, 2019 01:45PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Will you guys PLEASE stop hijacking potentially
> interesting threads with your inane back-and-forth
> foolishness?!

Not a hijack Rick.

Dr. Feelgood posted about what we could do to prevent ROSEN from BECOMING ANOTHER TANNEHILL.

Here is the full post below

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood
Date: May 02, 2019 05:25PM

Moving on from Tannehill at this point was probably the right decision, but the simple truth is, Tannehill never had a chance in Miami. He only played behind a legit NFL caliber offensive line for like 10 total games in his career here. The rest of the time he had an O-line that fared about as well as the average high-school line would expect to fare.

As for Rosen... I think he has a chance to be good, but if we don't build a line to protect him, he'll wind up another Tannehill, or even David Carr.

....so that's how what do we do with Rosen ends up with the Tannehill mention.

Date: May 10, 2019 02:01PM

Now, will you guys PLEASE stop attacking me, SamSam, and even please stop attacking Treasure as well for us discussing Tannehill. Tannehill is as much apart of this team as was Griese or even Fiedler.

When we discuss a player, even a gone one, we are discussing our coaching and hiring management as well.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: May 10, 2019 03:41PM

Mariotta will get hurt again and RT will play at some point...so, we will see if he plays better or not.

In fact the two QB's that have a better than average shot at being on a new team at the end of thier contracts are...Mariotta and Winston. I think one of the two will certainly be.

Date: May 10, 2019 08:59PM

Why do you think Mariota will get hurt again? Any special reason?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 07:31AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Why do you think Mariota will get hurt again? Any
> special reason?

Based on past experience, he will get hurt at some point during the season. He hasn't played a complete season yet in his career.

Rick

Date: May 13, 2019 07:55AM

Some people still wanna see tannehill do good.

You will be waiting your whole life.

Tannehill is not a very good qb.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: May 13, 2019 08:21AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Some people still wanna see tannehill do good.
>
> You will be waiting your whole life.
>
> Tannehill is not a very good qb.

Very good probably not. Serviceable, good and can produce in the right system...100% yes.

I for one, do wish him well and hope he does succeed. No reason to hate the man. Except for when he plays our beloved PHINS!!!!

Class act.

Date: May 13, 2019 10:14AM

It would be a shame if he excells somewhere else.

The theory who some here believe that if he had the right coaching system.....would be true.

I just think he is not a very good pocket qb....and he would get hurt on the run and shoot.

Recipe for disaster for tannehill is the run and shoot.

Date: May 13, 2019 11:54AM

Now that's a theory, that he'd actually get injured in the run and shoot. I don't think so because he played it all his life before coming to Miami.

Date: May 14, 2019 03:56AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Now that's a theory, that he'd actually get
> injured in the run and shoot. I don't think so
> because he played it all his life before coming to
> Miami.

But he already got hurt last year scrambling.

Date: May 14, 2019 03:57AM

I wish him the best though.

I just dont think he is very good.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: May 14, 2019 05:42AM

I do think Tannehill got shafted by the way the Dolphins had a train-wreck management and I wish him 2nd best (behind Miami) in his future with the NFL

But...

He is gone, so now I worry about how Rosen & Fitz do as QB.

Date: May 14, 2019 12:28PM

You'll get your wish. We played him in the wrong scheme. I looked it up. Tbe Titans run the option. That's in Tannehill's nature.

Date: May 14, 2019 02:38PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Will you guys PLEASE stop hijacking potentially
> interesting threads with your inane back-and-forth
> foolishness?!

Took a few weeks off.... came back to see if any interesting Dolphins discussion was going on and it's the same old shit. And I havnt been here so??????? Hmmmmmmmmeye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.