HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting Take On Rosen
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Interesting Take On Rosen
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 30, 2019 03:52AM

Read an interesting article on Rosen and miami coach Caldwell's influence on other quarterbacks he worked with - Manning, Stafford, Flacco.

I look back and get the feeling that previous regimes didn't do a very good job coaching. I think this will come to light this year particularly on defense.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting Take On Rosen
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 30, 2019 05:23AM

I just read that myself. Got me a little bit more hyped for Rosen.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 30, 2019 06:33AM

Date: April 30, 2019 06:34AM

Date: April 30, 2019 06:48AM

go to youtube and search these key words....

Rosen miked up....

Its a game against the raiders where they lose but i think he throws a pick and 3 tds....He dont look bad there.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 30, 2019 07:59AM

What article, please?

Rick

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 30, 2019 08:20AM

It was a Miami Herald article. I cannot find it now on the newsfeed

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 30, 2019 08:32AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

The link caused the blank out phenomena.

in words the link is

www dot youtube dot com slash watch questionmark v equal sign 9wk83e capital T small t capital AA small s with no spaces in between

type it as such in your browser and then click go

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: April 30, 2019 08:55AM

I really have not heard anything bad about Rosen in weeks. He even went to a charity softball game in Arizona after he was traded. I believe if he was just entering the draft this year he would have been the # 1 or #2 QB, so getting him for what we did was a great job of the front office. I was on the record last year as not wanting him, but that was because of his two concussions, not his play. Hope he works out for us.

Date: April 30, 2019 09:42AM

Youtube dot com

Date: April 30, 2019 09:44AM

Oh chen he talking about article csphinfan....mentions

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 30, 2019 09:47AM

I've been saying it for a long time, our players were always ok- the coaching though- especially with pinhead and gase -> terrible. It's the reason theoretically why so many ex-dolphins get better after they left here. I get the feeling things are finally different though. I'm excited that there is a defensive coach at the helm, a guy that seems like he can figure things out. We shall see how he does when tested by fire though, in the real season.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 30, 2019 10:22AM

toko34 Wrote:
> I've been saying it for a long time, our players
> were always ok- the coaching though- especially
> with pinhead and gase -> terrible. It's the
> reason theoretically why so many ex-dolphins get
> better after they left here. I get the feeling
> things are finally different though. I'm excited
> that there is a defensive coach at the helm, a guy
> that seems like he can figure things out. We shall
> see how he does when tested by fire though, in the
> real season.

Can you narrow down which pinhead you are talking about?

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 30, 2019 11:11AM

I've been saying it for a long time, our players were always ok- the coaching though- especially with pinhead and gase -> terrible. It's the reason theoretically why so many ex-dolphins get better after they left here. I get the feeling things are finally different though. I'm excited that there is a defensive coach at the helm, a guy that seems like he can figure things out. We shall see how he does when tested by fire though, in the real season.

Date: April 30, 2019 11:34AM

The letters, p, i, n, and h are all in Philbin.

Date: April 30, 2019 11:37AM

No doubt....I know a few here dont want to hear it, but Tannehill was a victim of bad coaching and no support from a horrible Oline.

Old news....looking forward to the future . Rosen has a ton of up side.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 30, 2019 12:43PM

Look. We've all been following football for a long time.

I most remember Ryan Tannehill for

1) he takes the snap from center

2) he drops back a little

3) he looks over the field left to right

4) he looks over the field left to right

5) he surveys the field left to right

6) the protection finally breaks down

7) He is sacked.

He was not the victim of anything but his own indecision.

Was the coaching to blame?????

YES!!!

BUT NOT FOR THE REASON ONE WOULD THINK.

They tried to force a square peg into a round hole.

They had a male goat and tried to milk him like a female cow.

They went to Moscow and tried to talk to Russian people in Japanese.

They did not run the scheme he ran at Big Springs High School near Lubbock Texas which was the same scheme he ran at Texas A & M.

They put him into a completely alien scheme from his experience and couldn't figure out, even when they traded him away, how come when it was a passing play, he stood there like a deer in the headlights.

Date: April 30, 2019 02:45PM

Jesus H Christ.

What part of looking forward to the future cant you get? The above people refrenced bad coaching in the past . I agreed. MOVE ON bro.

Let the men who dont read our Lads discuss.... ..

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 30, 2019 03:35PM

You said, ""No doubt....I know a few here don't want to hear it, but Tannehill was a victim of bad coaching and no support from a horrible Oline."

When I start specifying the MANNER IN WHICH HE WAS A VICTIM OF BAD COACHING, thus AGREEING WITH YOU, you snap back at me.

Are you saying the ONLY TIME TANNY WAS THE VICTIM OF BAD COACHING WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND IN COLLEGE AND NOT WITH THE DOLPHINS.............?

Of course not! So why are b*tching about me specifying how he was the victim of bad coaching with the Dolphins????

Answer: because you have a bee in your bonnet ABOUT ME WHEN IT COMES TO Tannehill and even if I try to defend him on some level, you don't want to hear it, NOT FROM ME. You just remember how I criticized his performance. The why doesn't mean a damn to you.

Date: April 30, 2019 03:46PM

It makes NO SENSE to compare his High school and college because he was a Fing reciever!!Not a QB! He played 8 whole games in his life....was drafted and broke rookie records here.

No bee in my bonnet.......but you cant really comment on Tanny seriously anymore after you predicted Tyree was going to be a 1st rounder. Let Sammy do it for you. On second thought.....hes not much brighter.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2019 04:42PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: April 30, 2019 07:20PM

I thought I replied to this on my phone hours ago but apparently it didn't take.

Treasure, I was at the supermarket when I read your incredible post above TREASURE WHEREIN YOU SAID that Tannehill only played receiver in high school and college. Wow. Even the Dolphins would not be stupid enough to draft a receiver as a first round quarterback.

Here is wikipedia's recounting of Ryan Tannehill at Texas A & M

2008 Texas A&M Aggies football team
Before Tannehill's second season, Mike Sherman took over as head coach. In summer camp, Tannehill competed against veteran quarterback Stephen McGee and redshirt sophomore Jerrod Johnson for the starting quarterback position. He finished third in the contest, behind Johnson and then McGee. Sherman, whose offense utilizes true receivers, moved Tannehill to wide receiver.

In his fifth game, he posted freshman school records of 210 yards on 12 catches.After his six receptions for 78 yards in the Iowa State game, he broke the freshman school records for receptions and receiving yards. Tannehill finished his redshirt freshman season with 844 receiving yards, which was 11 yards shy of breaking Robert Ferguson's record set in 2000. He attempted only one pass at quarterback the whole season.

Tannehill had expressed his desire to become the starting quarterback at AM: "I still think of myself as a quarterback, I still want to be a quarterback here at AM. Hopefully that's the way it turns out. But if things don't happen that way, and Coach thinks I can better help being a receiver, then I guess I'm okay with that."

2009 season
See also: 2009 Texas AM Aggies football team
During the 2009 offseason, Tannehill and Jerrod Johnson competed for the starting quarterback position. The job was won by Johnson.

Tannehill finished the 2009 season with a team-leading 46 receptions for 609 yards and four touchdowns. About 80% of his 46 catches went for first downs or touchdowns. He picked up All Big 12 Honorable Mention honors for his performance. He only took eight snaps at quarterback the entire season.

2010 season
See also: 2010 Texas AM Aggies football team
Tannehill continued to play wide receiver during the first six games of the 2010 season. Over those six games, he made 11 catches for 143 yards. He attempted 4 passes during the season opener.

He saw extensive action at quarterback during the Kansas game, splitting time with starter Jerrod Johnson. Tannehill finished with 12 completions on 16 attempts for 155 yards and three touchdowns. In his first career start at quarterback, Tannehill led the Aggies to a 45–27 victory over Texas Tech. He set a school record with his 449 passing yards. He also made a 33 yard pooch punt, his first career kick.

Tannehill quarterbacked the Aggies to a victory over No. 11 Oklahoma, which moved the team into the top 25. He helped the team maintain the top 25 ranking through victories over Baylor and No. 9 Nebraska. During the Nebraska game, he punted twice since the starter was injured. He and his team defeated Texas to finish off the regular season. Tannehill was recognized with All-Big 12 Honorable Mention honors.

2011 season

In 2011, Tannehill started all 13 games including the bowl game at quarterback for the Aggies and served as team captain. He threw for 3,744 yards and 29 touchdowns, with 15 interceptions. He completed 61.6 of his passes and posted a quarterback rating of 133.2. He also ran for 3 touchdowns. Tannehill lost the final game of the regular season to Texas AM's rival, the University of Texas, on Thanksgiving Day, the last time the teams would play to date.

Tannehill concluded his quarterback career at Texas AM with a total of 5,450 passing yards 42 touchdown passes and 21 interceptions

Date: April 30, 2019 07:29PM

Wow. For a guy who shit on him constantly. Who wanted him gone so bad...you all of a sudden think you know so much. HE NEVER started at QB until his senior yr. You know exactly what I meant.....but you F**kd up that draft so badly your desperate to sound slighyly intelligent. You spend more time talking about him now then when he was on the team . Looking something up and copy and pasting doesnt make you smart bro. Ask Tyree Jackson....drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 30, 2019 08:33PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Wow. For a guy who shit on him constantly. Who
> wanted him gone so bad...you all of a sudden think
> you know so much.

RESPONSE: Go back on this site to when he first started starting as quarterback. I said the same thing I said above and that he was not meant to be a pocket QB. I said why draft an option QB and put him in the pocket. He was a "deer in the headlights" in the pocket. He was confused, indecisive.

SamSam said the same thing. The WoW is for you. You don't even CARE about telling the truth.

I used to think you were just wrong. Now I think you are consciously lying.

>HE NEVER started at QB until his
> senior yr. You know exactly what I meant.....

RESPONSE: Wait a minute! Here are your exact words

"It makes NO SENSE to compare his High school and college because he was a Fing reciever!!Not a QB! He played 8 whole games in his life."

>but
> you F**kd up that draft so badly your desperate to
> sound slighyly intelligent.

RESPONSE: I f*cked up the 2011 draft? I don't remember getting paid by the Dolphins as a draft consultant. LOL. LOL.

Or are you talking about the 2017 draft when I wanted Rosen for our number 11 pick and the Arizona Cardinals traded into draft pick number 10 and took him?

How did I f*ck it up? Are you saying I was WRONG about who we would pick?

>You spend more time
> talking about him now then when he was on the team

RESPONSE:confused smiley Who is "he"? Rosen or Tannehill in 2011-2018? Certainly not Tannehill because you and I and SamSam have gone over Tannehill a million times and you are now embarrassing yourself before all who read this except non members who just happen to be glancing here and now.

> . Looking something up and copy and pasting doesnt
> make you smart bro.

RESPONSE: Perhaps it doesn't make me smart but it sure makes you look stu.......

>Ask Tyree Jackson....drinking smiley

RESPONSE: Hey, I was wrong about him getting drafted. One player that pre draft pundits thought would go big.

You've mentioned it a thousand times because it's the only thing you can say.

I've proven you wrong about ten times in this one posting alone. LOL.

Date: May 01, 2019 10:24AM

tcpf said chren You were wrong about Tyree!? WRONG!?

Answer hey tcpf....You were wrong about him too...

Its like the pot calling the kettle black.

You said he was going to go in the third or 4th you even said he had so much potential roflmao.

Looks like you dont know $h!T about college football because noteam invested a pick in him.

You accused chren of reading stuff on players he dont know about...But then you did the same thing.

ROTFLMMFAO.

PS. I bet you would had fell in love with tyree for been so big and tall and strong like you fell in love with tannehill the wet firecracker. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Date: May 01, 2019 10:27AM

Neither tannehill nor tyree had an ounce of talent....Thats why tannehill is some tennesse qb clipboard byatch right now...And thats why tyree went undrafted.

Date: May 01, 2019 10:29AM

Date: May 01, 2019 10:34AM

read agaiiiiiin TCPF....

Buffalo's Tyree Jackson, ignored in NFL draft

Date: May 01, 2019 10:53AM

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: TreasurecoastPhinsfan
Date: April 30, 2019 04:46PM

It makes NO SENSE to compare his High school and college because he was a Fing reciever!!Not a QB!-
--------------------------------------------------------------------

RESPONSE: You can't change this Treasure! This was what I was responding to when you accuse me of going off the rail.

You said Tannehill had never been a quarterback in high school or college!

***Moderator's edit*** unnecessary stuff at end of post removed.--JC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2019 12:31PM by JC.

Date: May 01, 2019 11:38AM

And another sign of your innate lack of caution. You keep calling out Tyree Jackson for not getting drafted because according to you I said he was going to be great.

I don't remember that.

I believe you are getting him confused with my pre draft comments about the small kid who played quarterback and everyone was saying that he couldn't play quarterback in the NFL because he was too small and I said, "People who have always been told no all their lives have a funny way of forcing yes down the world's throat."

I can't figure out why you would think I would say that about a near
giant.

But since the search function is down, I can't find it the other kid.

But your pick....Tyree Jackson has just signed with the Buffalo Bills.

I hope he doesn't read your stupid comments and use that as extra special motivation when he plays the Dolphins.

Date: May 01, 2019 12:43PM

I'm pretty sure it was Kyler Murray. He is only 5'10.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.