HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Josh Rosen
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Josh Rosen
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 04:29AM

Im thinking a 3rd along w/ Parker and T J McDonald should get us Rosen (and a 6th) from AZ. A day 2 pick and 2 potential starters w/ manageable salaries.

I would rather have Rosen who already has a season under his belt rather than any other qb left in this draft.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Josh Rosen
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 26, 2019 05:21AM

I could go with that. I don't think that is a high price.

Date: April 26, 2019 05:33AM

I'd rather dump Stills on them.
But your thinking is right on.
Great insurance.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:03AM

I feel sorry for Murray going AZ. I hope he doesn't get eaten alive like Rosen did. Even if Miami passes on Rosen there should be some good QB's in next years draft. As long as we don't trade the house and barn for Rosen I'm ok with him joining the Dolphins.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 08:24AM

This draft has gone the way I was hoping for so far. I wanted one of Clemson's three D-lineman, and that happened. Today, I'm hoping for one of the best O-lineman left (Juwaan Taylor? Cody Ford?), and a trade for our third to Phoenix for Josh Rosen. I wanted him last year, and nothing that has happened with the Cards has changed my mind. Very little support of any kind there. Omar Kelly is adamantly against acquiring Rosen, and I think Omar is right on most things, but he seems to have a blind spot when it comes to QB's and I think he's completely wrong in this case also. Getting Rosen for a third, or even a fourth, a guy with starting experience in this league, would be a real coup. As I've stated before, if he has IT, we're all set with many picks in next year's draft we can use for support personnel, and if not, we will still be in position to draft one of the top QB's next year. We win either way, so LET'S DO IT!

Rick

Date: April 26, 2019 10:23AM

Some of the articles on the news side of this site are say AZ is asking for our 2nd. I think that might be too much for Rosen.

But what do I know.

Date: April 26, 2019 10:48AM

2nd for a used Item? 50% off, A 4th. We have them over a barrel, a 4th is better then nothing. I hope they dont cave.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 26, 2019 10:52AM

pafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of the articles on the news side of this site
> are say AZ is asking for our 2nd. I think that
> might be too much for Rosen.
>
>
> But what do I know.

I agree. I think a 2nd is too much.

We gave Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick to the Titans for a 2019 seventh-round pick and a 2020 fourth-round.

Tannehill had better numbers than Rosen in his rookie season, which makes me question if Rosen is even an upgrade over Tannehill.

I know circumstances are different...But I'd like to know why AZ thinks Rosen is worth a 2nd. I would think Miami is in the drivers seat for this potential trade and could make a low-ball offer, but if it were up to me I'd just ride with Fitz & wait until the 2020 draft.

Date: April 26, 2019 11:17AM

808phan Wrote:
> pafinfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Some of the articles on the news side of this
> site
> > are say AZ is asking for our 2nd. I think that
> > might be too much for Rosen.
> >
> >
> > But what do I know.
>
> I agree. I think a 2nd is too much.
>
> We gave Tannehill and a 2019 sixth-round pick to
> the Titans for a 2019 seventh-round pick and a
> 2020 fourth-round.
>
> Tannehill had better numbers than Rosen in his
> rookie season, which makes me question if Rosen is
> even an upgrade over Tannehill.
>
> I know circumstances are different...But I'd like
> to know why AZ thinks Rosen is worth a 2nd. I
> would think Miami is in the drivers seat for this
> potential trade and could make a low-ball offer,
> but if it were up to me I'd just ride with Fitz &
> wait until the 2020 draft.

You are right on. Why is Miami trying so hard? Heres what I'll pay. That's it and move on.Rosen is not worth all the drama. They cant go on with both of these guys in the lockeroom. They need to trade him or cut him. Just wait or move on Miami. Dont over pay for another Teams mistake. The NFL is watching Grier. You make a statement for your future with this deal.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 11:20AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: April 26, 2019 11:45AM

Right we are in the driver's seat here. I would offer AZ a 4th and the 2 player's I mentioned. I would still give up the 3rd and maybe keep the players. If AZ decides to keep him its their locker room that will have to deal w/ 2 young qbs. No need for Grier to sweat this out. Put your offer out there you don't like the counter walk away.

I would rate Rosen the #1 qb in this current draft. I would like to have him but we don't really need him. Lock, Jackson, Finley, Grier and the kid from Auburn are still out there. We got options.

Date: April 26, 2019 02:59PM

Metcalf is still on the Board!!! I would LOVE to get this kid!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 26, 2019 03:36PM

Now that we devalued our 2nd rnd pick I would give it to the Cards for Rosen.

Date: April 26, 2019 03:41PM

Seems like that's the move.

Next year should be a much better draft with all the picks.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 26, 2019 03:41PM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Now that we devalued our 2nd rnd pick I would give
> it to the Cards for Rosen.

Disagree. I'd give the one they got for 2020. I think Miami now have 11 picks next year, so it's more easier affordable.

No matter what, this choice of terms is Miami's not AZ. The Cards are the team who picked 2 first round QBs in back to back drafts. Miami has no mess to clean up in this trade.

Date: April 26, 2019 03:48PM

Right call give them the Saints 2020 2nd rnd pick pick keep our 2019. Especially since we gave up our 2019 4th rnd pick to the Saints

Date: April 26, 2019 04:16PM

2 to go. Metcalf is still there!

But that Rosen thing is probably gonna happen......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 26, 2019 04:21PM

Draft just announced the trade for Rosen/this 2nd.

Don't have anymore details.

Date: April 26, 2019 04:55PM

Cards got our 2019 2nd round pick and a 2020 5th rounder from us.

At the end of all this I'm trying to convince myself that we're only losing our 5th round pick next year being that we have the Saints 2nd round pick next year by trading down with them this year.

Well now that this trade for Rosen is over, lets try to find a stud LB out there in round 3. I'm tired of seeing our LB's missing tackles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2019 05:10PM by 808phan.

Date: April 26, 2019 05:04PM

It is what it is. Did Arizona do us a favor or stick it in our ass? I guess time will tell.Our only option now is all in. Get him a center and some Guards becuase hes about as mobile as Dan Marino.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 26, 2019 05:21PM

Yes. And that gives us, according to 790 the Ticket, 14 picks in next year's draft, including expected compensatory picks we are entitled to. So, with one first and two seconds, and ELEVEN other picks, we can make a pretty good haul. Add to that the $120+ million dollars in cap money, and we'll really be sitting pretty next April.

Rick

Date: April 26, 2019 05:22PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> It is what it is. Did Arizona do us a favor or
> stick it in our ass? I guess time will tell.Our
> only option now is all in. Get him a center and
> some Guards becuase hes about as mobile as Dan
> Marino.

I don't know man...I just can't seem to find any real happy happy joy joy feelings about this trade. I kind of feel like they should have given us Rosen & their 5th next year in exchange for our 2nd this year. I don't think it was needed, I feel Miami could have waited to draft a QB next year.

Date: April 26, 2019 05:25PM

All of this sounds great.....if Josh Rosen plans out. 3rd pick is a guard , Josh Dieter. Not a great Athlete but a big body with a blue collar hard working ethic . VERY solid pick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 26, 2019 07:37PM

UCLA!

Date: April 26, 2019 07:39PM

Dieter is pretty versatile, can even play center. Been reading up on him...Good solid pick.

Date: April 26, 2019 07:45PM

Just read that we only have to pay Rosen 6 mil total for 3 years. That is dirt cheap. Arizona already paid him his big bucks so Miami actually did pretty good with this trade.

Date: April 27, 2019 02:01AM

808phan Wrote:
> Just read that we only have to pay Rosen 6 mil
> total for 3 years. That is dirt cheap. Arizona
> already paid him his big bucks so Miami actually
> did pretty good with this trade.

YES! I'm seeing why Miami wanted to make this work. Last year they had no interest becuase of his attitude. This year hes been humbled. Worst stats in the NFL his rookie year , he's got alot to prove. Some people react well to that others no so much. Lets see if GASE was wrong about him. I hope so. I think it was GASE who maybe had the screw loose. But Arizona wanted to drop him for a reason. We shall see.

GIO MIAMI!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.