HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wouldn't it be ironic...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wouldn't it be ironic...
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 06:12AM

I was thinking that it would be quite the twist of fate if after all the New England assistant coaches who have gone on to be head coaches with limited success, the one that becomes a great head coach turns out to be Miami's new man? I can dream and what better day to start the dream than on Draft night. Go Fins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wouldn't it be ironic...
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 25, 2019 06:20AM

That would be fantastic Fins72. Tonight is the first round of the NFL Draft, we will see if our head coach selects a lineman (D or O) in the first round or opts for a QB. The HC is standing at the Y in the road tonight and he must select which direction to go. I for one hope an offensive lineman is first to sure up our depleted line. Overall, we need to load up on big men, to run and pass block and stop running plays on D. These players form the foundation for the rest of the team, IMO.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 25, 2019 06:28AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would be fantastic Fins72. Tonight is the
> first round of the NFL Draft, we will see if our
> head coach selects a lineman (D or O) in the first
> round or opts for a QB. The HC is standing at the
> Y in the road tonight and he must select which
> direction to go. I for one hope an offensive
> lineman is first to sure up our depleted line.
> Overall, we need to load up on big men, to run and
> pass block and stop running plays on D. These
> players form the foundation for the rest of the
> team, IMO.

I'm with you Colonel. Let's win at the line of scrimmage and worry about the skill positions next. I would like either an offensive lineman or DT. I like Vincent Taylor's potential but beyond him, we don't have much (Godchaux is adequate but we can do better as a starter). I would take a flyer on a QB in the mid to late rounds to see if we could catch lightening in a bottle but next year is a better draft to pick a QB early. Fingers are crossed in anticipation.

Date: April 25, 2019 10:09AM

Well it's a great thought.....but so many have left the Pat's to no great avail. But I like the promise for sure! I also believe defense minded coaches make better overall Head coaches.

Go Dolphins!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 25, 2019 11:33AM

I'm anxiously waiting for tonight's draft. So far I like who we have for our new HC and hopefully that hex of assistants failing on their own away from BB is something that won't be the case with Flores. I think he has a better support staff than Philbin & Gase had so I'm pretty excited to see if all the pieces fit together to make this a winning team once all the missing player pieces are in place.

We'll still suffer a little this year with cap hits from T-bum's generosity but next season Grier & Flores should be able to show us what their capable of with respect to managing a team.

Date: April 25, 2019 04:58PM

Our Top pick almost took out the COMMISSIONER!! I like him!!!!!Great pick in a great defensive rich draft!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 25, 2019 05:35PM

But that wasn't what you advocated, Treasure. You didn't want to pick at 13. You wanted to trade back.

Date: April 25, 2019 05:48PM

We just got a Great DT and still you make it about me. DEFENSE. That's what I advocated. GO DOLPHINS.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2019 05:59PM

No, I'm not gonna let you get away with that lie!

You DIDN'T say, "Let's not go QB but instead go DL at 13."

YOU SAID "Trade back and a) go lower in the first round or b) go to the 2nd and 3rd round round for multiple choices.

You said NOTHING about grabbing a dlineman at 13.

Don't lie, little brat!

Date: April 25, 2019 06:24PM

Talk about a Tantrum.....

I said several times this is a defensive strength draft. Takes a man to admit hes wrong . I'll get you a tampon to dealio with the rest of the draft. grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2019 06:27PM

Just quote where you said it and it'll come up to show me.

Date: April 25, 2019 06:40PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just quote where you said it and it'll come up to
> show me.

You really need that huh? You pathetic existence revolves around it. PM Sam your little toy boy will do it.

Lol

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.