HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jones Absent at Voluntary Minicamp
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jones Absent at Voluntary Minicamp
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 16, 2019 06:17AM

Jones is a no-show at voluntary minicamp? News feed doesn't say much either way at this point. for the S. Fla locals, what are they saying locally? Jones to be traded, cut?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jones Absent at Voluntary Minicamp
Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 06:48AM

Pretty sure it is voluntary. People always look for hidden meaning in things. Brady and Bennet aren't showing up for the Pats either. Are they being traded or cut? Vets get a pass with this sort of thing.

Not attacking you SCPF. I just think there is little to this story.

Edit: You would think it would benefit Bennet being his first year with the Pats but the dude doesn't make the greatest decisions as is anyways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 06:56AM by Grimey13.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 16, 2019 06:58AM

Grimey13:

Thanks. I am just curious. The newspaper guys have to write stories, thats their job. I was just wondering if there's anything to it.

Date: April 16, 2019 07:17AM

I think at this point in his career, jones has nothing to prove . Maybe he is trying to send a message to the New Dolphins regime?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 07:19AM

100% agree they need something to talk about and write but I do not think anything will come of it. Ofcourse I am not local either.

I was just expecting news to start coming out about him being cut or something. Bad news sells even if it isn't true. People love drama.

Date: April 16, 2019 08:35AM

Jones is one of the proven play makers. Flores is a defensive minded coach.Cutting him would be a true sign of rebuilding. But maybe they are hopi g for a draft pick like the others . Who knows. Could be innocent, could be a subtle message. No way to tell.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 16, 2019 01:40PM

I just read an article about Jones from the news wire before I came to the forums, low and behold there's a new thread about him.

Here's a snippet from what I read:

"When given the freedom to use his instincts, Jones is a special playmaker. Unfortunately, those instincts aren’t unerring. When his instincts have been off it hasn’t been pretty for Miami.

Maybe ‘going rogue’ has become hard-wired into his character…

… Or now that he has fame and a huge guaranteed paycheck, he’s just revealing who he truly is.

Jones is the highest paid, most notable, and longest tenured Dolphins on the team…

… And he’s the only player not to show up to the voluntary workout.

According to Flores rehabbing is one of ‘several reasons’ why he didn’t show.

Missing ‘voluntaries’ in of itself isn’t a big deal. But combined with the unpardonable sin of quitting on his team last year, the new regime who has a core belief of team first, the level of trust between Jones and coaches must be fractured… if not broken."

My personal opinion is that Taunnenbaum giving him his big payday structured in the way it was enabled him to have an "I/ME" attitude. He has a lot of guaranteed money so he can basically act however he wants and still get paid no matter what.

Quitting on his team stuck with me in a bad way. I read somewhere that trading him early on this year would be financially unwise, it would have to be after a certain date that I can't remember. I'm hoping that there's nothing to him not showing up and that whatever his attitude was to Adam Gase hasn't carried over to the new coaching staff.

Being the ONLY Dolphins player not to show up though irritates me I have to admit. It gives me the perception that he just doesn't give a sh!t & I don't want players on this team who don't regardless of how talented they are. This is a team sport.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 04:37PM

its voluntary, Jones in my opinion basically got tired of Burke's incompetence and made a statement. It was noticed. Call it him quitting or him making a statement. Burke is gone he is still here. Jones has been the most competent Phin since he has gotten here. If Flores is ok w/ him missing voluntaries Im OK w/ it.

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 05:30AM

I have a feeling Jones is not long for this roster. He's 31 years old, has an injury history, and is very expensive. All of those things on a team that going through a total rebuild doesn't bode well for his long term status. I have a feeling that if a team gave Miami a decent trade offer, they'd listen carefully.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 17, 2019 12:23PM

... 'is very expensive'. That is why he more than likely be a Phin in 2019. Phins have stunk and their players really have no trade value. At most we get a 5th rnd for him and he is worth more to the Phins than that.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 17, 2019 12:39PM

...cause the 5th round is the alley garbage cans.

Date: April 17, 2019 02:10PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...cause the 5th round is the alley garbage cans.

Yeah......Zack Thomas was real garbage.

eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2019 02:23PM

Treasure, would it SURPRISE you to know that people actually win the lotto and other lotteries and sometimes people even go to Vegas and win a million bucks with a 20 dollar bet?????????????

But that doesn't mean you spend your every paycheck on gambling.

So Zach Thomas was found in the later rounds.

WE'VE ALREADY BEEN TALKING FOR YEARS ABOUT HOW TOM BRADY HIMSELF WAS DRAFTED IN THE SEVENTH ROUND.

What you cannot see, however, is just because those late round hits exists.....................................

NO RATIONAL TEAM IGNORES ITS NEED FOR A QUARTERBACK FIGURING THAT THEY WILL JUST GET LUCKY AND FIND A TOM BRADY OR A ZACH THOMAS IN THE TRASH CANS.

BUT you are not really rational, are you, Treasure?

LOL. Maybe I should start calling you "Treasure hunting in the Trash." LOL.

Date: April 17, 2019 04:40PM

No problem...... Our laddie

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2019 04:42PM

LOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.