Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 15, 2019 02:51PM

I'll take that as your withdrawal from the field.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Date: April 15, 2019 06:32PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll take that as your withdrawal from the field.

Take it anyway you wish. IM a Dolphins fan. Not a ourlads fan.

What do I mean by that? I believe Tyree Jackson is a safe 3rd pick.Our lads has him projected in 1.

You clearly are wishing he goes in the first just to prove a point.

Me? I'm a Dolphins fan. I want him to help the Dolphins. Hope he goes in 3.

See the difference? Probably not. You never will.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 15, 2019 07:08PM

It means that he ain't gonna last long enough to be in the garbage picking rounds that you say we should trade back to and then get him there.

I just thought about your name being Treasure. BTW, whoever found any "treasure" in a trash can???????????????

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 03:57AM

TCPF said: > Every year you claim we need to trade up do
> whatever it takes to get a new rookie QB.

ROTFLMAO

When did i ever say we need to trade up....You talk so much TRASH you get confused.

Date: April 16, 2019 04:00AM

TCPF said Every year you claim we HAVE to get a first round QB .

Thats in 2018 and 2019...

But.....if we had tried to get a qb in the first round other than tannehill in last 20 years before we would had that much needed gem.....Brees rodgers ryan......We had a chance to get either of them.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 04:18AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> TCPF said Every year you claim we HAVE to get a
> first round QB .
>
>
> Thats in 2018 and 2019...
>
>
> But.....if we had tried to get a qb in the first
> round other than tannehill in last 20 years before
> we would had that much needed gem.....Brees
> rodgers ryan......We had a chance to get either of
> them.

30 other teams had a chance to get Brees as well. Yes we whiffed twice but no sense in crying over spilled milk. Pretty sure he didn't win anything in SD only when he went to NO with a great coach and staff did he actually win anything.

I think Rodgers was like 24 or 25th pick and he sat behind Favre for a couple years. Yes I think Rodgers is awesome but sitting behind Favre made him that much better.

Ryan I will give you. He went 3rd I believe and that was the year we took Long who might I add was incredible for a good number of years till the injuries started to pile up. Yes he made it to a SuperBowl but I believe his RB's that year had amazing seasons and his WR corpse has always been great. Other than that he hasn't won anything with the Falcons.

Date: April 16, 2019 05:04AM

grimey said...Ryan I will give you. He went 3rd I believe and that was the year we took Long who might I add was incredible for a good number of years till the injuries started to pile up. Yes he made it to a SuperBowl but I believe his RB's that year had amazing seasons and his WR corpse has always been great. Other than that he hasn't won anything with the Falcons.

Ryan went 2nd right after we picked jake long....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2019 05:06AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: April 16, 2019 05:09AM

Actually Chris Long went second. Ryan was after him. Which makes him 3rd.

Date: April 16, 2019 05:36AM

Yes. And dont forget who was picking that draft. The Tuna Bill Parcells. It was bitter sweet. Jack Long was this amazing Olineman and he had no body to block for. By the time Tannehill came on scene he was a shell of what he used to be. I remember 1st hand watching Tannehill get sacked and Jake Long beating his chest as he extended a hand to help him up....My bad bro.

We have to stop beating ourselves up over this. The Miami Dolphins have had some GREAT players over the last 2 decades. Unfortunately they are spread out over many seasons and never played together.

The 2003 defense with Zack Thomas, JT, Surtain , Madison, Seau. That team was nuts. Orande Gadsen,Fielder were explosive at times but just couldnt get it done.

We had Ricky Williams after that ......2000 yds in a single season! But the defense was clicking anymore and we had no QB.

We just were never able to put together that GREAT team. J.J. was on the way....but as is the Dolphins luck he retired.

GREAT TEAMS win Superbowls. That includes coaching. Coaching is as big a part as the players.

Picking a QB every season wont ever bring a championship. Great Teams make great QB's.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 10:49AM

I agree with every sentence except the last two.

I believe you should pick a QB in every draft when you can't see your THEN NUMBER ONE QUARTERBACK AS REALLY BEING A REAL LIFE NUMBER ONE QUARTERBACK.

Shula didn't see it in Woodley.

But right now, we don't even HAVE a STARTING QUARTERBACK. (Ryan Fitz....oooh.....come in Sammy, he is 'nothing but a backup'.)

The difference between me and you is that you think we can just as easily get one from the trash can.

We basically had to forego one season where Tanny was out for the year.

Should we tank another season as a memorial to him and that jersey you have hanging on your wall, Treasure?

I say we have the number 13 pick overall and the odds are that we will get the first quarterback to go and if not then definitely the QB we pick at 13 will be the second to go.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 16, 2019 01:43PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> No one is saying that we should trade.... UP.....,
> Cap.
>
> It's all about NOT TRADING DOWN.
>
> Are you saying that if we STAY AT NO. 13 and MAKE
> A PICK AT 13, it would STILL be the "stupidest
> thing they could do????"

No, not saying that. There has been a lot of speculation that Miami could trade up, which I don't believe they would, and I stick by what I said....dumb if they do trade up.

Smart if Miami trades back as they have many, many holes to fill and only have seven draft picks this year. Trade back and pick up, one, maybe two more picks.

The only way Miami won't trade back is if the guy that is there at 13, Miami just loves, then they won't. Other reason they won't is because they would be unable to get a trading partner.

Date: April 16, 2019 02:23PM

Cap, the same clowns IN OUR FRONT OFFICE would be MUCH MORE LIKELY....the odds are that they would be MUCH MORE LIKELY...to screw up later round picks than a first half of the first round pick.

With the exception of Tom Brady (God he will haunt rational draft thinking for the next hundred years), you just can't find a franchise Quarterback OUTSIDE OF ROUND ONE and probably NOT OUTSIDE THE TOP HALF (16) OF ROUND ONE.

Date: April 16, 2019 02:55PM

Ahem..... ought cough. RUSSELL....Wilson

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 03:44PM

Okay, that's another one. But Tom Brady in 2000 and the next one Russell Wilson in 2012,

You got me! There actually were TWO QUARTERBACKS WHO WERE DRAFTED IN LATE ROUNDS AND WERE SUCCESSFUL..........AND ONLY TWELVE YEARS APART...........LOL LOL LOL LOL.

Date: April 16, 2019 05:38PM

Cough.... cough......ahem Nick Foles

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 05:43PM

Actually........

5 of the last six Super bowls were won by a 3rd rounder or less.

5 out of 10 of the last superbowls were won by non 1st rounders. That's 50%.

Look it up on Our Lads...... drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 05:57PM

I kinda don't tend to put Nick Foles in the category of Tom Brady or Russell Wilson but maybe that's just me.

Date: April 16, 2019 06:07PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I kinda don't tend to put Nick Foles in the
> category of Tom Brady or Russell Wilson but maybe
> that's just me.

Whys that? He started in a Superbowl and Won.Beat another late Rounder.... Tom Brady. Not a first rounder to be found in that Superbowl.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 16, 2019 06:52PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Actually........
>
> 5 of the last six Super bowls were won by a 3rd
> rounder or less.
>
> 5 out of 10 of the last superbowls were won by non
> 1st rounders. That's 50%.
>
> Look it up on Our Lads......

2007 ELI MANNING WENT FIRST OVERALL IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT LOL
2008 Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers went 11th overall of course in the first round
2009 Drew Brees New Orleans Saints went in the second round, that's one for you (although he went first in the second round as I remember salivating that this Boilermaker would come to the Dolphins)
2010 Aaron Rodgers went 24th OVERALL, of course, that means in the First Round
2011 Eli Manning New York Giants WAS DRAFTED 1ST OVERALL IN THE ENTIRE NFL DRAFT LOL LOL LOL
2012 Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens WAS DRAFTED 18TH OVERALL, of course therefore IN THE FIRST ROUND
2013 Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks was picked in the third round (that's another for you)
2013 Russell Wilson (hey! no fair. You gotta a twofer.
2014 Tom Brady (So Brady picked 6th round comes into play)
2015 Peyton Manning FIRST OVERALL IN FIRST ROUND
2016 Tom Brady (Again you get a three fer)
2017 Nick Foles (3rd round another for you)
2018 Tom Brady (Again you get a four fer)

So you're only entitled to 1 check mark for Brady....Hey...he's the same guy so why should you get more than one check mark for him.

Russell Wilson won two.

Nick Foles won one.

So in the last ten years SUPER BOWLS going back to 2008. Six of the winning QBs (remember you were the one that set the test) were drafted in the first round.

Tom Brady WON THREE OF the remaining four and Drew Brees was the very first pick in the second round...seems unfair for you to be able to use him for your point.

DONE WITHOUT ANY HELP FROM OURLADS

Date: April 17, 2019 02:16PM

So.....when are you going to prove 1st rounders are more successful?

Still waiting........

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2019 02:29PM

I did a Super Bowl by Super Bowl quarterback draft round history and since I'm typing this, it might EVEN BE IN THIS THREAD on the first page.

But it is in a recent thread.

Why are you acting like it doesn't exist?????????????????/

Date: April 17, 2019 02:36PM

Here it is again.

Argue with this instead of throwing out conclusions and insults.

2007 ELI MANNING WENT FIRST OVERALL IN THE ENTIRE DRAFT LOL
2008 Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers went 11th overall of course in the first round
2009 Drew Brees New Orleans Saints went in the second round, that's one for you (although he went first in the second round as I remember salivating that this Boilermaker would come to the Dolphins)
2010 Aaron Rodgers went 24th OVERALL, of course, that means in the First Round
2011 Eli Manning New York Giants WAS DRAFTED 1ST OVERALL IN THE ENTIRE NFL DRAFT LOL LOL LOL
2012 Joe Flacco Baltimore Ravens WAS DRAFTED 18TH OVERALL, of course therefore IN THE FIRST ROUND
2013 Russell Wilson Seattle Seahawks was picked in the third round (that's another for you)
2013 Russell Wilson (hey! no fair. You gotta a twofer.
2014 Tom Brady (So Brady picked 6th round comes into play)
2015 Peyton Manning FIRST OVERALL IN FIRST ROUND
2016 Tom Brady (Again you get a three fer)
2017 Nick Foles (3rd round another for you)
2018 Tom Brady (Again you get a four fer)

Date: April 17, 2019 04:38PM

Looks pretty inconclusive to me.
Ask Dan Marino how that whole 1st rounder thing worked out for his ring finger......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2019 04:44PM

I think Dan would say that it takes a whole team.

He would say, "Hey put me into a time machine and send me back but at least give me a grade C defense instead of the grade D defense that I had."

Date: April 17, 2019 08:21PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I think Dan would say that it takes a whole team.
>
> He would say, "Hey put me into a time machine and
> send me back but at least give me a grade C
> defense instead of the grade D defense that I
> had."

Exactly. And if Dan Marino is not in this draft then we draft back and get that defense.

Next year grab a better QB prospect in the first round. And build that Oline.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 17, 2019 08:57PM

I read your response and cracked up.

Date: April 18, 2019 08:06AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I read your response and cracked up.

I bet you did. You dont seem to know any better.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 21, 2019 09:07PM

Treasure Quote: Next year grab a better QB prospect in the first round. And build that Oline.

RESPONSE: Really, now.

What IS this obsession you have with not getting a QB in 2019?

This team is gutted.

We need a defensive line, an offensive line, linebackers, secondary, running backs, receivers, and...............a quarterback of the future.

Like I said, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that no Quarterback is picked by any other team before pick number 13 except....................................................................................................................................................................IF ONE OF THE OTHER TEAMS PICKING BETWEEN 14 AND 32 IN THE FIRST ROUND TRADES UP to 12 or earlier LIKE WHAT HAPPENED WITH ARIZONA AND JOSH ROSEN.

That would make Treasure jack off twice. One he will then claim that he was right all along and he would then DEFEND the Einsteins running our front office by saying that they only did what any sensible team would have done.

And secondly, if they do what I want and that 13 QB draft pick stinks, he will say I told you so and if his late draft pick QB becomes a Tom Brady, he will win again.

If we pick a QB at 13 that goes on to be good, he'll say, "Why do you keep bringing this up? I brought my son a jersey with his name on it! I support him as my QB just like I supported Tannehill. Move on." LOL.

It really is fun.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 22, 2019 12:30AM

"With the exception of Tom Brady (God he will haunt rational draft thinking for the next hundred years), you just can't find a franchise Quarterback OUTSIDE OF ROUND ONE and probably NOT OUTSIDE THE TOP HALF (16) OF ROUND ONE."

"Six of the winning QBs (remember you were the one that set the test) were drafted in the first round."

I don't know who set the goal posts at "probably not outside the top half" vs. "in the first round", but the truth is that in the past 20 Super Bowls, the winners have been outside of the top 1/2 of the 1st round more often than not. In fact, unless your name is Manning or Rapelisberger, the only other one is Dilfer who is commonly cited as having had the team win in spite of him being the QB...and not on the team that drafted him.

Certainly Brady himself skews things. But there was Warner, Brad Johnson, Wilson & Foles in addition to later 1st rounders or top of 2nd round that collectively make up the majority of SB winners over the past 20 yrs.

Seemingly, the most recent successful trend is having a strong conviction about a QB and going after him. KC didn't have to move to #1 to get Mahomes, but they aggressively moved. Rams & Goff, Philly & Wentz (partly at our expense). That's what I'm hoping for...that our FO will actually have a deep, strong, united conviction about someone - whether this year, next year - and do what's necessary not only to get him, but to develop him and position him & the team for success. I'm not smart enough to know whether 2019 has anyone like that.

Date: April 22, 2019 06:43AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-
> Seemingly, the most recent successful trend is
> having a strong conviction about a QB and going
> after him. KC didn't have to move to #1 to get
> Mahomes, but they aggressively moved. Rams &
> Goff, Philly & Wentz (partly at our expense).
> That's what I'm hoping for...that our FO will
> actually have a deep, strong, united conviction
> about someone - whether this year, next year - and
> do what's necessary not only to get him, but to
> develop him and position him & the team for
> success. I'm not smart enough to know whether
> 2019 has anyone like that.

OMG Mahomes. eye popping smiley I LOVE THAT KID. IMO he is the Best QB in the league . The first QB to remind me ever of a young Dan Marino. Incredible presence, extremely accurate throws. Yje Chiefs have my utmost respect for doing that. That was the draft pick move of the decade.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.