Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Date: April 12, 2019 01:10PM

We have 2 picks in the Top 50. 3 in the Top 100 of the draft.

Miami Dolphins 2019 NFL draft order
•First round, No. 13

•Second round, No. 48 (16th pick in round)

•Third round, No. 78 (15th pick in round)

•Fourth round, No. 116 (14th pick in round)

•Fifth round, No. 151 (13th pick in round)

•Sixth round, No. 188 (16th pick in round)

•Seventh round, No. 234 (20th in round), from the Pittsburgh Steelers through the Cleveland Browns

I'm going to cut and paste this article because the link function doesn't work here........This was written by Brian Miller from Fansided and I couldn't concur more: The last 2 paragraphs starting with Miami needs to be Frugal is EXACTLY the approach this team needs to take to be successful.

-------
EDIT

**sorry, it's still wrong to post an entire article even if our linking doesn't work. Since you said the "Miami has to be frugal' part was the most important I'm leaving that part.

Maybe there's a way to put the link or tell how to search for the original article. Sorry to be a pain.
JC
-------

Miami has to be frugal and can’t simply jump at a prospect. If they love the 2020 upper class of QB’s then they will only be reaching for one in 2019 and if it costs draft picks, then everything they have done so far makes little sense.

A mid-round QB is insurance. A developmental player who can help that franchise rookie you want to bring in for 2020. That guy that will show him the ropes so to speak and force that rookie to get better because he isn’t simply going to sit there and play the back-up role.

If the Dolphins can find a solid QB in one of those rounds he should have the desire to fight for the starting job in 2020 and that will make both of them better. That should at least be the goal.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2019 02:15PM by JC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 12, 2019 01:53PM

Makes sense to me.

I'd like to see this franchise fill the holes this year to set the next QB up succeed. Trade up next year for a QB if need be, IMO there's none worth trading up for in this years draft.

Re: Miami Dolphins official Draft spots in the 2019 draft...and why we need to draft a QB in rounds 3-4
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 12, 2019 02:23PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have 2 picks in the Top 50. 3 in the Top 100 of
> the draft.
>
>
>
> Miami Dolphins 2019 NFL draft order
> •First round, No. 13
>
> •Second round, No. 48 (16th pick in round)
>
> •Third round, No. 78 (15th pick in round)
>
> •Fourth round, No. 116 (14th pick in round)
>
> •Fifth round, No. 151 (13th pick in round)
>
> •Sixth round, No. 188 (16th pick in round)
>
> •Seventh round, No. 234 (20th in round), from
> the Pittsburgh Steelers through the Cleveland
> Browns
>
>
>
>
>
> I'm going to cut and paste this article because
> the link function doesn't work here........This
> was written by Brian Miller from Fansided and I
> couldn't concur more: The last 2 paragraphs
> starting with Miami needs to be Frugal is EXACTLY
> the approach this team needs to take to be
> successful.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Miami Dolphins need to draft a quarterback in 2019
> but not in round 1.
>
> by Brian Miller Fansided
>
>
>
>
> The Miami Dolphins need to come out of the 2019
> NFL Draft with a quarterback but they can’t bank
> on a first round player.

> It is going to be costly for the Miami Dolphins to
> draft a quarterback in round one this year. At 13
> they simply don’t have the draft capital to move
> up to get either Dwayne Haskins or Kyler Murray.
> At least not without mortgaging their future.

RESPONSE: Read carefully, Treasure. HERE HE IS ONLY SAYING THAT WE CAN'T "BANK ON" GETTING AT FIRST ROUND PLAYER AT 13 and they would have to "move up" to get Haskins or Kyler Murray.

>
> Moving up is going to cost the team a first in
> 2020 and that is not smart when the team is
> rebuilding.

RESPONSE: I never said we should trade UP FROM 13, I JUST REJECTED YOUR SUGGESTION THAT WE TRADE BACK.

Trading a player and picks might be
> doable if you don’t mind moving Xavien Howard or
> Kenyan Drake in a package of sorts. That should
> just about get you high enough if Haskins falls
> out of the top eight.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Of course Haskins could fall all the way to 13 and
> if I were the Dolphins I would ask two things.
> One, who wants to move up to get him and two, why
> did QB needy teams like the Bengals, Giants,
> Broncos, and Redskins all pass on him?

RESPONSE: LOL. I would say that WE ARE ALSO one of those "QB needy teams".

>
> The Dolphins are set to meet with Haskins today at
> some point after attending the Ohio State pro-day
> in Columbus, Oh. That has a lot of fans excited
> about the potential drafting of the one year
> starting quarterback of the Buckeyes.
>
> This isn’t about Haskins though or Murray for
> that matter. The Dolphins do need to draft a
> quarterback. In rounds 3, 4, or 5. Easton Stick,
> Tyree Jackson, Brett Rypien, and Jarrett Stidham
> all immediately come to mind and here is why.

RESPONSE: Let's just see if Easton Stick or Tyree Jackson are around in round 3. LOL.

>
> The Dolphins need to develop a quarterback that
> can be the primary back-up to a 2020 first round
> QB. A back-up QB that is going to have a year of
> development in the system and behind Ryan
> Fitzpatrick. A QB that will be able to compete, if
> need be with that rookie.

RESPONSE: That's HIS opinion. I say you grab your David Woodley one year and then you grab your Dan Marino the next. It was good enough for Shula.

>
>
> Finding a mid-round running back important for the
> Miami Dolphins
> Dwyane Wade’s legacy rivals Dan Marino

RESPONSE????????

and it
> isn’t over yet
> Trading back in the draft is the Miami Dolphins
> best option
> Miami Dolphins

RESPONSE: I obviously disagree but that is what the whole thread is about.

>sign seven Allegiance of American
> Football players
> 23 prospects will attend this months NFL draft in
> Nashville

RESPONSE: Minor league?

> The Dolphins can’t afford to trade capital to
> move up so drafting a mid-rounder makes sense

RESPONSE: I say we get him at 13 but, of course, above the writer just wipes away that occurrence by refusing to acknowledge it is possible.

> and if they hit on one then fantastic. In that case it
> is a win/win for the club, the QB, and the Chris
> Grier.
>
>
> Miami has to be frugal and can’t simply jump at
> a prospect. If they love the 2020 upper class of
> QB’s then they will only be reaching for one in
> 2019 and if it costs draft picks, then everything
> they have done so far makes little sense.

RESPONSE: Well, of course in 2020 we CERTAINLY WILL have the top overall pick in the draft with no QB in 2019. That's true.

>
> A mid-round QB is insurance. A developmental
> player who can help that franchise rookie you want
> to bring in for 2020. That guy that will show him
> the ropes so to speak and force that rookie to get
> better because he isn’t simply going to sit
> there and play the back-up role.

>
> If the Dolphins can find a solid QB in one of
> those rounds he should have the desire to fight
> for the starting job in 2020 and that will make
> both of them better. That should at least be the
> goal.

RESPONSE: So we're talking about getting a starting QB in the mid-round in April, kinda a David Woodley who will push Marino to be Marino. Hmmmm.

Date: April 12, 2019 02:51PM

That's HIS opinion. I say you grab your David Woodley one year and then you grab your Dan Marino the next. It was good enough for Shula.

Just another observation.....With you you speak about QB in very general terms.

Example:

We need a Griese type player....

Or

So you grab your Woodly and then your Marino..........eye rolling smiley

Just an observation but I think you live wayyyyyy to much in the past.

Well back in the day......I was at Perdue........I was watching wide world of sports....Howard Cosell once said........Bruce Jenner had a penis back then.......

DUDE. This is 2019. WHICH FING QB DO YOU LIKE IN THE DRAFT AND WHY!!!!?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 12, 2019 03:28PM

ROTFALMFAO! Get it other readers?????

Date: April 12, 2019 03:45PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> ROTFALMFAO! Get it other readers?????

There you go again. I ASKED you a question. Why are you calling out to the board for help? Gonna run to another thread and start a poll now?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 12, 2019 04:47PM

You know very well I am asking everyone to not just glance over the thread but read what you are saying and how ridiculous you are being.

You, on the other hand, just want to jump into the boxing ring, then hold your OWN hand up and declare that there was a referee there declaring you to be the winner. Sad,,,really.

Date: April 12, 2019 07:27PM

And Perdue is famous for being a brand of chicken????

"Perdue Foods is a major chicken, turkey, and pork processing company in the United States. Perdue AgriBusiness ranks among the top United States grain companies. Perdue Farms has 2016 annual sales of $6.7 billion." Wikipedia

John Purdue was a famous guy in the 1800s. Read up on him.

Date: April 12, 2019 08:22PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> You know very well I am asking everyone to not
> just glance over the thread but read what you are
> saying and how ridiculous you are being.
>
> You, on the other hand, just want to jump into the
> boxing ring, then hold your OWN hand up and
> declare that there was a referee there declaring
> you to be the winner. Sad,,,really.

Obviously they are "glancing" if they are even on the forum....eye rolling smiley

How about you just answer a simple question instead of trying to persuade people? First sign you are 100% dead wrong is you have no answer. No plan. Just pick the best person on Mel Kippers list. Because hes always right too right? eye rolling smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 12, 2019 09:09PM

Calm down.

Date: April 12, 2019 09:11PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Calm down.

OK readers.....that means: I dont know jackshit.drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 12, 2019 09:35PM

It means I don't want you to have a heart attack.

Date: April 12, 2019 10:27PM

It means you dont know Jackshit and wont admit it . Lol.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 13, 2019 07:29AM

We should already have quite a few picks for next year right?

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 13, 2019 07:51AM

Frank Perdue; "It takes a tough man to make a tender chicken".
I'll bet he played football.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 13, 2019 02:39PM

808phan Wrote:
> Makes sense to me.
>
> I'd like to see this franchise fill the holes this
> year to set the next QB up succeed. Trade up next
> year for a QB if need be, IMO there's none worth
> trading up for in this years draft.

If Miami traded up in this year's draft (for any position), that would be the stupidest thing they could do.

Date: April 13, 2019 04:38PM

No one is saying that we should trade.... UP....., Cap.

It's all about NOT TRADING DOWN.

Are you saying that if we STAY AT NO. 13 and MAKE A PICK AT 13, it would STILL be the "stupidest thing they could do????"

Date: April 13, 2019 07:35PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> No one is saying that we should trade.... UP.....,
> Cap.
>
> It's all about NOT TRADING DOWN.
>
> Are you saying that if we STAY AT NO. 13 and MAKE
> A PICK AT 13, it would STILL be the "stupidest
> thing they could do????"

Depends. The fact is Miami is rebuilding . No 1 player at ANY position is going to help us. By turning that 1 pick into 2-3 WILL help us.

Looking at this draft it doesn't have the best selection of offensive talent. Its all defense. If a player like Ed Oliver , or Quinnen Williams falls to us like Tunsil fell to us.....Sure grab him. But NO ONE in this draft is worth moving up for.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 13, 2019 08:01PM

Wait! Whoever mentioned MOVING UP before????? Not me. Not Sam. and not even You (not before now that is)!

So why throw that out there ("NO ONE in this draft is worth moving up for"....) when you darn well know we are drafting at number 13 and neither me nor Sam has argued that we SHOULD TRADE UP.

But like a crook, you say "But NO ONE in this draft is worth moving up for." You hope to get the casual reader just to infer that it is A FACT that either I or Sam or BOTH OF US are arguing moving up from number 13 and you, the defender of sanity, are arguing against it.

That's crooked. I thought you were supposed to CATCH crooks, not be one.

Date: April 14, 2019 05:07AM

Wow. Calm down!! Look at how you go off on 1 statement. Being that defensive over a conversation shows you have nothing to offer.

Look at how worked up you get over nothing.....but you cant give us a player you would like at #13 ?

You stated last year and this year over and over must get a QB in the first round. MUST. What if the top 3 are gone by #10? You wouldn't advocate moving up to grab one? Of course you would. It's all you talk about.

I believe the group here has shown why reaching for a QB in rd 1 is not what's best for the Dolphins. So now you act like I'm crazy suggesting you wanted to do that.

Whaaaaaaat? Meeeeeeee? Oh I would neeeeeever suggest that. You are so full of shite it coming out of your ears and you look like a crap fountain.

The man who agrees with Sam on everything....... he started a thread pick a QB every 1st round . And now your agast about moving up.

Stop it. You were WRONG. Wrong Wrong. Dealio and move on. No victim here.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 14, 2019 08:11AM

This is typical of you. When someone responds to your argument with logic, you attack and label them.

You've frequently attacked me and my profession of lawyers. However, you are so gonna end up losing your job as a policeman because if you see the world as people in large boxes, and you follow that on your job, you'll get discharged and maybe even worse.

I have said that we should pick the best QB available at 13. I never said move up.

OurLads has us picking Dwayne Haskins Ohio State at 13. Oh yeah, now you will come in and say I live and die by Ourlads. You won't address Haskins or whether we will or even should pick him up.

You won't critique that pick, but as you usually do, even if you remain silent and our BRILLIANT FRONT OFFICE goes elsewhere and he ends up winning several SuperBowls and ends up in the Hall of Fame, then you'll fall back on (in the future) saying, "So we didn't get him. When are you gonna let it go? Move on!!!"

If we DO pick him, you'll criticize his every move and if he succeeds, it'll be the old Treasure "move on" song.

I'll tell you what. Why don't you account right here and now about how long you attacked everybody who said something NEGATIVE about Tannehill?

Of course you won't. You're always so quick to label someone else but when someone brings up your earlier positions NOW either proven to be wrong or INCONSISTENT with the positions you are now taking, you sing your "Why don't you move on" song.

That's slimy and dishonest and cops are not supposed to be dishonest.

Date: April 14, 2019 01:19PM

Wow. You are imploding. Dude its a NFL draft pick. Your life or mine 1 change 1 iota either way.

Your so afraid to be wrong......look at how much your over thinking this. Your not even having fun trying to guess who might go where .....Your thinking about setting yourself for future arguments! CLASSIC!!

This would have been so much easier if you just admitted you really dont know squat about the NFL draft. You just want Dan Marino at pick # 13.

I'm not enjoying this melt down. But I guess you had it coming .
I'm going to take a few days off here I suggest you do the same.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 14, 2019 02:20PM

When you can't address the arguments, you throw out characterizations and conclusions.

Try addressing the football arguments.

Date: April 14, 2019 03:24PM

So your tantrum is over?

Good. All I've ever done is give quality football arguments. Your 1st day of the draft Strategy is reckless stupid and ignorant. I hope the new staff knows better and trades down. If they do we might actually win a championship in our future.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 14, 2019 03:44PM

Insults, insults, insults, all with no analysis. Just conclusions and insults not backed on anything but what you think is correct.

Date: April 15, 2019 05:06AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Insults, insults, insults, all with no analysis.
> Just conclusions and insults not backed on
> anything but what you think is correct.

Sorry.......I'll go read Ourlads and get back to you.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 15, 2019 05:13AM

I never said move up.....But now its proven.....that tcpf doesnt know what he talking about anymore.

TCPF SAID The man who agrees with Sam on everything....... he started a thread pick a QB every 1st round . And now your agast about moving up.

MAN you do like putting words in peoples mouth tcpf...

I never said move up...

My point was that if we kept draft qbs in the first round we would of had the great one in place. since we passed on players like brees rodgers ryan etc....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2019 05:13AM by samsam3738.

Date: April 15, 2019 07:47AM

I got your point Sam . And as usual it was a stupid one.

Every year you claim we need to trade up do whatever it takes to get a new rookie QB. This year you claim we HAVE to get a first round QB . Every year.

Now your offended becuase you never said move up this one and only year.

Why Sam? Nobody worth moving up for? What happened to the QB being the most important player? What happened to we MUST have a 1st rounder.....but all of a sudden your so against moving up?

You and Chyrene have no football Knowledge. Your statements are based on passion and how angry you are with the team at any point.

And nothing wrong with that. I'd say most fans feel the same way.

But stop making like you guys know everything. Because with every post it becomes quite apparent your dont.

And either does Ourlads.drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 15, 2019 12:28PM

> I got your point Sam . And as usual it was a
> stupid one.

RESPONSE: Your own label and like a child, you think that insults substitute for good arguments.
>
>

> Every year you claim we need to trade up do
> whatever it takes to get a new rookie QB.

RESPONSE: I don't remember SamSam advocating this. I know that I myself wanted one last year but there were five or six and the last one was, I'll say it, intentionally snatched from us when we were at 12 and Arizona traded into the 11th spot and snatched Josh Rosen UCLA from us. Yes from us or they would have made the trade with us because they KNEW we would take Rosen. And they didn't make the trade with the team that was drafting RIGHT IMMEDIATELY AFTER US AT 13 which means only one thing they wanted Rosen.

Every year you claim we HAVE to get a first round QB .
> Every year.

RESPONSE: Stop right there, that's a lie. Only in the 2018 draft did I start preaching get a QB.

>

> Now your offended becuase you never said move up
> this one and only year.

RESPONSE: Because in your usual lying way....YOU ACCUSED ME OF WANTING TO MOVE UP IN THIS DRAFT AND WHEN YOU DID IT, YOU SAID "I WANT TO MOVE UP LIKE I WANT TO DO IN EVERY DRAFT".

But I didn't advocate moving up last year when Rosen was snatched from us.

And I don't advocate moving up from 13 THIS YEAR but have said we should take whatever QB is there in the first round at 13. Haskins, etc.

>TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
Why Sam? Nobody worth moving up for? What happened
> to the QB being the most important player? What
> happened to we MUST have a 1st rounder.....but all
> of a sudden your so against moving up?

RESPONSE: You are dense. None of the draft gurus have any other TEAM THAT DRAFTS AHEAD OF US WANTING A QUARTERBACK.

WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD THAT IN DRAFT DYNAMICS, YOU DON'T FRIGGIN MOVE UP UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO KEEP SOME OTHER TEAM FROM PICKING THE GUY YOU WANT???????????????

LET ME SIMPLIFY IT FOR YOU FURTHER. WHEN YOU TRADE UP, YOU HAVE TO GIVE AWAY SOMETHING. WHY GIVE AWAY SOMETHING TO GET WHAT WILL COME TO YOU ANYWAY EVEN IF YOU JUST STANDSTILL. JEEZ!

>
> You and Chyrene have no football Knowledge.

YOU'VE JUST PROVED THAT YOU'RE THE ONE THAT NOT ONLY DOESN'T HAVE FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE BUT NOT EVEN COMMON SENSE.

Your
> statements are based on passion and how angry you
> are with the team at any point.

RESPONSE: Anger? Why?

>
> And nothing wrong with that. I'd say most fans
> feel the same way.
>
> But stop making like you guys know everything.
> Because with every post it becomes quite apparent
> your dont.
>
> And either does Ourlads.drinking smiley

RESPONSE: You're entitled to your own SUBJECTIVE opinion. Every one has the right to say how he feels about something but as is being said more and more nowadays.....wait for it.....

YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OWN OPINION BUT NOT TO YOUR OWN FACTS.

Date: April 15, 2019 02:16PM

GO OUR LADS!

Me? Go Miami Dolphins!

See the difference? Probably not. winking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.