Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tannenbaum to ESPN
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 08, 2019 05:12AM

I know we were told that Tannenbaum had been "reassigned" and wouldn't be in charge of anything football related, but I was still uncomfortable with him being employed anywhere with the franchise. Knowing that he'll be on ESPN and unable to screw up the roster or the cap is music to my ears. Now, he can broadcast all he knows about running a football team which should take all of 2 seconds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: April 08, 2019 05:25AM

smileys with beer

I can see the ESPN coverage right now.

Announcer "The (TEAM X) are up next. For any colossal mistake they could make on this pick we go to our expert on the subject, Mike Tannenbaum."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 08, 2019 07:59AM

I'd just ask Tannabum who he would pick next.... and Stay TF away from that player.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 08, 2019 09:03AM

I've been a fan of the Dolphins since 1971. The only other hire that I knew was as big of a colossal mistake as Tannenbaum was Wannstedt. Tannenbaum should actually be giving talks on how to remain employed despite being mediocre at every level of your job. How Ross came to hire this bozo is beyond me. My thought for a while was that he had incriminating photos of Ross with a goat.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 08, 2019 09:29AM

Ross and Tannabum were/ best friends from NYC. Never hire friends.....

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 08, 2019 12:13PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd just ask Tannabum who he would pick next....
> and Stay TF away from that player.


He'll probably want to trade away all his first round and high second round picks for 3rd and 4th round (search through the garbage) picks like you, Treasure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 08, 2019 12:42PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd just ask Tannabum who he would pick next....
>
> > and Stay TF away from that player.
>
>
> He'll probably want to trade away all his first
> round and high second round picks for 3rd and 4th
> round (search through the garbage) picks like you,
> Treasure.


No.....I believe he traded up for Dion Jordon once. How that work out Einstein?

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 08, 2019 01:12PM

And how is that connected to me or anything that I bave ever said?????

And doesn't it sound MORE like you and your LOVE of trading for linemen.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 09, 2019 06:21AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And how is that connected to me or anything that I
> bave ever said?????
>
> And doesn't it sound MORE like you and your LOVE
> of trading for linemen.


How is your previous comment connect to me? You advocate BIG SPLASH on draft day 1. Thats what you live for. Not great overtime wins during the season or incredible wins like the Miami Miracle. You want to sit infront of the TV on day one of the draft , get caught up in the hype that ESPN generates for the ignorant like you and feel good for a few days weeks following the draft heading into trading camp.

Me? I've watched the season and have a decent Idea of what our team needs going into the draft. I then study the college players and get an idea of what might be available to us.

YOU are the child that wants Ice cream for breakfast. I'm the adult that makes sure you eat right and that includes eating your veggies and drinking your milk.

That is connected 100% to everything you have said.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 09, 2019 12:07PM

Too bad you're not under oath.

I want a great QB and the only way a team gets one (the odds) are in the draft.

Teams DON'T trade away great QBs. In fact, YOU are the child who is simple enough to think that you can either GET a great QB in the draft or GET ONE IN A TRADE and the odds are EQUAL WITH BOTH.

You can get a stop gap QB in a trade. You can get a plumber to stop the leak. But you aren't going to get a FRANCHISE QB in a trade and, as I have shown in another post, NOT LIKELY IN THE MIDDLE OR LATE ROUNDS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 10, 2019 12:53PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad you're not under oath.



WHY? This inst a courtroom consular. And your not a special counsel. Your just......Special. eye rolling smiley





>
> I want a great QB and the only way a team gets one
> (the odds) are in the draft.



Exactly. Doesnt HAVE TO BE the 1ST round though. Thats your hangup. You shut the draft off after day one. Your just not very draft educated and dont know how it works.







>
> Teams DON'T trade away great QBs. In fact, YOU
> are the child who is simple enough to think that
> you can either GET a great QB in the draft or GET
> ONE IN A TRADE and the odds are EQUAL WITH BOTH.
>

READ ABOVE . And Yes Great QBs are traded and do win Super bowls. Ask Peyton Manning. Ask Drew Breeze.




> You can get a stop gap QB in a trade. You can get
> a plumber to stop the leak. But you aren't going
> to get a FRANCHISE QB in a trade and, as I have
> shown in another post, NOT LIKELY IN THE MIDDLE OR
> LATE ROUNDS.


You refuse to see that you showed nothing. YOU ARE WRONG. AGAIN.

Great QB's dont win Championships. Great TEAMS do. Ask DAN MARINO.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 02:05PM

Many longshots win a lot of money at the racetrack so why don't you take your every paycheck and bet it on a longshot?

When a team is decimated, it 1) builds from the draft...or if it is unwise it 2) tries to build from trades...or more unlikely (and more stupidly) 3) tries to REBUILD from getting LOW ROUNDS draft choices.

You are saying we should do number 3.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 10, 2019 04:03PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many longshots win a lot of money at the racetrack
> so why don't you take your every paycheck and bet
> it on a longshot?


Becuase idiots gamble.lime you and Sam.


>
> When a team is decimated, it 1) builds from the draft

DUH. That's why more draft picks are better.





or if it is unwise it 2) tries to build
> from trades...or more unlikely (and more stupidly)
> 3) tries to REBUILD from getting LOW ROUNDS draft
> choices.
>
> You are saying we should do number 3.

Why not? Zack Thomas was a #5 round JT #3 ..... Wake was undrafted. Why are you so close minded?

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 04:54PM

Have you ever heard the saying "it's the exception that proves the rule", Treasure????

Do you understand what it means?

I'll tell you.

It means that the fact that you can point out that there was a rare occasion wherein something happened against all odds, that just proves how unlikely that thing is to happen. It doesn't prove that the thing will happen all the time or even that the thing will happen at lot. It means it is rare.

So the fact that you can point out the Zach Thomases only means that one like him is RARELY found in the later rounds.

Otherwise, you should be able to say, "Hey, what great player WASN'T drafted in the 3rd round???"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:13PM

Are you saying that each team only gets a first round pick??????

That's the impression you are trying to leave.

In addition to our first round pick, we have many more in the other rounds.

But don't lie, you want us to trade our first round pick (a 13 which is really high) so we can get more garbage round picks.

LOL. HEY SAM! Treasure is the guy you always see picking through the garbage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Date: April 11, 2019 03:18AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you saying that each team only gets a first
> round pick??????
>
> That's the impression you are trying to leave.
>
> In addition to our first round pick, we have many
> more in the other rounds.
>
> But don't lie, you want us to trade our first
> round pick (a 13 which is really high) so we can
> get more garbage round picks.
>
> LOL. HEY SAM! Treasure is the guy you always see
> picking through the garbage.



Every year we have only 32 first rounders.

The hundreds more are garbage?

I bet Marino wishes Don Shula got more garbage defensive picks......

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tannenbaum to ESPN
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 12, 2019 10:38AM

I cannot believe ESPN is stupid enough to hire Tbum.

"Hey, let's hire this guy who got fired for doing such a sh!tty job!"

F-ing idiots...I guess they deserve each other. Just like how they hired the chick with the Wayne Newton voice...I was like WTF??? Is that a dude? Male hormones? What's that? That's just Pat!

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.