Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: April 08, 2019 03:10AM

Just read that Daniel Jones (the Duke Quarterback) is basically Ryan Tannehill with a weaker arm, OMG



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2019 03:22AM by astro34.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 08, 2019 08:17AM

astro34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just read that Daniel Jones (the Duke Quarterback)
> is basically Ryan Tannehill with a weaker arm, OMG


Yeah.......but does he have a hot wife ? drinking smiley

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: April 08, 2019 08:38AM

I hope so.... but doubt it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 08, 2019 01:06PM

astro34 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just read that Daniel Jones (the Duke Quarterback)
> is basically Ryan Tannehill with a weaker arm, OMG


Not accurate. Jones does not have the strongest arm in the draft but he has accuracy and can drop the ball nicely when he does go long. If he is there in round 2 I would draft him. He can make 'all of the passes'.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: April 09, 2019 12:05PM

Drafting BQBA is stupid, if the best QB available isn't any good.

I'm not opposed to going QB in R1, but I'd only do if IF there's a guy there that the team believes is a real Franchise QB. Otherwise, draft a lineman (OL or DL), then take a flyer on a QB in the mid rounds (Brett Rypien, Kyle Shurmur, etc.), and the, if we're as bad as expected this year, take a QB high next year if necessary (assuming next year's crop of QB's coming out is better than this year's crop).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 09, 2019 12:31PM

Well, Doctor. No one drafts a player that even they themselves think is not a franchise tackle or franchise guard or franchise corner or franchise safety or...........errrr.........franchise QUARTERBACK.

So, Doc. At 13, any team would, as I would advocate, take the best QB available UNLESS THEY ALL STINK!!!

I don't think they all STINK in 2019.

If you don't agree, that's fair.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 10, 2019 03:30AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, Doctor. No one drafts a player that even
> they themselves think is not a franchise tackle or
> franchise guard or franchise corner or franchise
> safety or...........errrr.........franchise
> QUARTERBACK.
>
> So, Doc. At 13, any team would, as I would
> advocate, take the best QB available UNLESS THEY
> ALL STINK!!!
>
> I don't think they all STINK in 2019.
>
> If you don't agree, that's fair.



Sniff sniff.....something does stink......whew! Who else smells the ignorance!?

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:06AM

Chren dont think about it too much the going to do whatever they want....remember we wanted a qb in the draft this year and we drafted a safety.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:28AM

Lets tank for tua.

I take a year of stinking to get the qb we need.

With our luck the bearded one will have aheck of a year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:53AM

We endured like 7 years stinking with the wet firecracker.

Whats one more year?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:54AM

Here is to hoping the Oline has more holes than a fish net.


And the bearded one is as good as tannehill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 10, 2019 12:36PM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chren dont think about it too much the going to do
> whatever they want....remember we wanted a qb in
> the draft this year and we drafted a safety.


Right. Because Dan Marino did so well without a good safety. Or Defensive end. Or cornerback. Or any Defensive linemen. We all know you and Chyrene are not that bright.....But at least try to sound fairly competent on a Football discussion page.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:31PM

That was Dan Marino's problem on HIS team in HIS day. See that's the problem with ignorant people, they can't see the difference even in their OWN analogies. According to you, we should a) first go out and get a defense so that the Marino QB that we DON'T have will not be outscored or b) draft an oline to protect the QB we're going to get the year AFTER NEXT year. Even you're not that ignorant. You just trying to protect the legacy of your lover. Ryan Tannehill, even after he's gone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:46PM

Yeah i knew thatd do it.

You get on tcpfs loves case and he snaps just like that.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:49PM

Dont nobody say nonen bad about miss jenkings cause thats when bonita butrail snaps.

Aint nobody say none bad about miss jenkings

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:51PM

She like a mother to me. I loves me some miss jenkings.


Thats until the game starts and she starts stinking.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2019 01:52PM by samsam3738.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 01:54PM

I honestly can't think of any other reason for his position, Sam. This is not the year 1962 when the fullback was the most important position on the team. We have no QB. None at all. The only ones on the market are garbage. The draft is the only thing left.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 02:22PM

Exactly chren.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 03:25PM

Sam, he spent the last two football seasons arguing against drafting a future QB. A future QB meant a replacement for Tannehill.

When Tannehill was QB and our pass offense was poor, replacing him first arose.

When Tannehill went out with an injury, replacement became more rational.

When Tannehill left, replacement became mandatory.

So after he left, instead of arguing we should draft the best QB available to us, Treasure ACTUALLY ARGUES that we have more important things to do!

It's insanity. And I don't understand why you and I are the only members on the board to speak out against him.

I guess other members are intimidated or the usual "I don't want to get involved" phenom is taking place.

But hey! This is our team. If there is a quarterback so great that is coming out in 2020, that would be another thing.

But This isn't WAY BACK THEN IN PRIOR HISTORY WHEN AN NFL TEAM could not draft juniors or sophomores or freshmen. Now NFL teams can draft high school students!

We certainly ain't gonna get another QB traded to us. Maybe, like the joke thread, Kaeperinick, but that's about it.

And back to the class of 2020, who is to say that if there aren't 3 or 4 good QBs, what happened with Rosen WON'T happen again????

Oh! I know. Because we will suck so bad in 2019 that we probably will get the first choice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 10, 2019 04:14PM

Tyree Jackson. I mentioned him 2 weeks ago in a thread. Why wont you even speak about a 6'7" 250 pound mountain of Potential? Why are you so focused on the first round ? You didnt even know who TUA was! Just admit that your draft stupid and move on! STFU and listen. Just by listening I learned a ton from Astro. Gave some great players available and I looked them up. Some I like, others I love....some not so much. My boys even have a board for the later rounds. Try it God forbid you actually STFU and listen for a change.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: Doctor Feelgood ()
Date: April 10, 2019 04:46PM

QB is a huge position of need, definitely. I'm just not sure any of the QB's that are being hyped as 1st rounders this year are really good enough to justify the Phins taking them. But, hey, I don't watch shit-tons of college football, and maybe I'd feel different about one of these guys if I'd seen them play a lot.

I will say this though, regarding Kyler Murray in particular: short QB's playing at a high level in the NFL is the exception, not the rule. And I don't like betting on exceptions. *shrug*

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 05:33PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tyree Jackson. I mentioned him 2 weeks ago in a
> thread. Why wont you even speak about a 6'7" 250
> pound mountain of Potential? Why are you so
> focused on the first round ?

RESPONSE: You really think he will GET PASS THE 1ST ROUND without being snatched up? YOU EVEN THINK HE WILL GET PASS pick 14 IF WE DON'T PICK HIM????

You didnt even know
> who TUA was! Just admit that your draft stupid and
> move on! STFU and listen.

RESPONSE: Remember???? I'm the 'OURLADS' guy?????? The draft prognosticators who you hate???? Remember?????

In the past, you accused me of only living for the April draft.
And now you accused me of not knowing the most talked about potential pick of the draft?????

You're the one having an Alzheimer's moment.

>Just by listening I
> learned a ton from Astro. Gave some great players
> available and I looked them up. Some I like,
> others I love....some not so much. My boys even
> have a board for the later rounds.

RESPONSE: Errr....you're talking about an on line game???? This you credit more than OURLADS which you are always running down????

Give me a break!!!!!!

>Try it God
> forbid you actually STFU and listen for a change.

RESPONSE: God please don't ever let me listen to this guy! Let me keep my present I.Q. Don't force me to downgrade. LOL. LOL. LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 10, 2019 06:27PM

Doctor Feelgood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> QB is a huge position of need, definitely. I'm
> just not sure any of the QB's that are being hyped
> as 1st rounders this year are really good enough
> to justify the Phins taking them. But, hey, I
> don't watch shit-tons of college football, and
> maybe I'd feel different about one of these guys
> if I'd seen them play a lot.
>
> I will say this though, regarding Kyler Murray in
> particular: short QB's playing at a high level in
> the NFL is the exception, not the rule. And I
> don't like betting on exceptions. *shrug*

Another Phin fan making wayyyyyyy to much sense for the Chyrene to grasp. He wants his day 1 fix so he can shut off the draft on Day 2-3..

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 09:47PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 10, 2019 10:01PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Doctor Feelgood AKA MAKING SENSE Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > QB is a huge position of need, definitely.
> I'm
> > > just not sure any of the QB's that are being
> > hyped
> > > as 1st rounders this year are really good
> > enough
> > > to justify the Phins taking them.
>
>
> But, hey, I
> > > don't watch shit-tons of college football,
> and
> > > maybe I'd feel different about one of these
> > guys
> > > if I'd seen them play a lot.
>
>
>
> > >
> > > I will say this though, regarding Kyler
> Murray
> > in
> > > particular: short QB's playing at a high
> level
> > in
> > > the NFL is the exception, not the rule. And I
> > > don't like betting on exceptions.

THE DOC WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT ONE QB OF THE POTENTIAL 2019 FIRST ROUNDERS BUT LAMONT SANFORD aka Treasure aka Dummy turns it totally around to support HIS position and says


>
> Another Phin fan making way to much sense
> > for the Chyrene to grasp. He wants his day 1
> fix
> > so he can shut off the draft on Day 2-3.


And there you go. Treasure is either lying or is
special in terms of learning. He jumps to the
conclusion that the only part of the draft I am
interested in is day 1.

The truth is the only part Treasure is interested in is AFTER the first round and the search through the garbage pails. I'd prefer to think that he is lying and this is just his poor way of counter attacking when he has nothing to say.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 11, 2019 03:20AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Doctor Feelgood AKA MAKING SENSE Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > QB is a huge position of need, definitely.
> > I'm
> > > > just not sure any of the QB's that are
> being
> > > hyped
> > > > as 1st rounders this year are really good
> > > enough
> > > > to justify the Phins taking them.
> >
> >
> > But, hey, I
> > > > don't watch shit-tons of college football,
> > and
> > > > maybe I'd feel different about one of these
> > > guys
> > > > if I'd seen them play a lot.
> >
> >
> >
> > > >
> > > > I will say this though, regarding Kyler
> > Murray
> > > in
> > > > particular: short QB's playing at a high
> > level
> > > in
> > > > the NFL is the exception, not the rule. And
> I
> > > > don't like betting on exceptions.
>
> THE DOC WAS ONLY TALKING ABOUT ONE QB OF THE
> POTENTIAL 2019 FIRST ROUNDERS BUT LAMONT SANFORD
> aka Treasure aka Dummy turns it totally around to
> support HIS position and says
>
>
> >
> > Another Phin fan making way to much sense
> > > for the Chyrene to grasp. He wants his day 1
> > fix
> > > so he can shut off the draft on Day 2-3.
>
>
> And there you go. Treasure is either lying or
> is
> special in terms of learning. He jumps to the
> conclusion that the only part of the draft I am
> interested in is day 1.
>
> The truth is the only part Treasure is interested
> in is AFTER the first round and the search through
> the garbage pails. I'd prefer to think that he is
> lying and this is just his poor way of counter
> attacking when he has nothing to say.


Who are you talking to? You are having this conversation with me correct?

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 05:21AM

I just read that Christian Wilkins DT Clemson won the William V. Campbell Trophy, (aka the academic Heisman) for his work in the classroom and the community. He also earned his degree in 2 1/2 years. I know he had the issue with a banned substance during the bowl game, but the more I read about him if we stay at #13 I want him if he is available.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Date: April 11, 2019 08:01AM

A strong DT will go a long way in helping to defend the run.we were rated like #30 on defending it.thumbs up

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 11, 2019 10:17AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A strong DT will go a long way in helping to
> defend the run.we were rated like #30 on defending
> it.thumbs up


Players on defense give up and dont want to play hard when they see that we cant score points.....Remember the WET FIRECRACKER....We couldnt score points with that turd.

Last i remember suh was a member of the phins and we stunk stopping the run.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 11, 2019 11:49AM

Will you listen to Sam, Treasure? Toward the end of the game, defensive players kinda give up when we can't complete 3rd down passes.

Even the offensive line, who has been keeping out rushers ALL DAY, just to see the QB stand back stiffly and look wide eyed until he gets sacked, ultimately ask themselves why are they working so hard and then let the rushers in to sack him earlier cause he's gonna get sacked anyway.

That was life under Tannehill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.