Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 31, 2019 04:02PM

There is no poll and we already know that TC thinks its anything but quarterback.

But I want those who agree with Treasure to step forward and give their opinion of what position we should draft before QB and why.

Just one little curve.

YOU ALL HAVE TO ASSUME THAT WE HAVE OUR PICK OF ALL PLAYERS JUST AS IF WE HAD THE NUMBER 1 PICK.

No, this is not a contradiction. I am just saying that I don't want anyone to say, "Well, he'll be long gone but if I had my druthers..."

Go for it! If we had the number 1 pick......

state either what player OR EVEN JUST SAY WHAT POSITION you would pick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: And if QB is not the number 1 priority, what is?
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 31, 2019 07:50PM

The new coach is a defensive guy and by all appearances a very good one. Let him build the defense first and the offense later. We can go with Fitz for a season.

The Clown Show Continues

-

Date: March 31, 2019 10:15PM

Hmmmm, defense first. That's the way we were when we went to the SuperBowl that was played in the Rose Bowl and Washington beat us.

We had a great defense but no offense. When you have a defense and no offense, eventually you die by suffocation.

When you have a great offense, like Marino, and no defense, you eventually die by being shot to death.

I prefer the latter.

Date: April 01, 2019 04:51AM

LOL. Starting a new thread because you cant finish a discussion in the other one......Your mind works in very strange ways.

QB is not a priority? Please show me where I said that? Our starting QB was traded! Why wouldn't it be a priority? You just have this Childish notion that we must pick QB in the first round or are doomed to failure. AND I'm not opposed to picking a QB in the first round if the right guy is there. But he might be available elsewhere as well. If a guy we really like at another important position is available and the QB we like is gettable in another lower round Why not?

Because you act like a child on draft day. You point to the pretty package and you must have it now. Then you cry roll on the floor and stamp your feet if you dont get it. You even throw a fit and start a poll discussing it. Then you spend the next year or years badgering and crapping on the new player because you didn't get want you wanted. eye rolling smiley

Stop it already and act like a grown up.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 01, 2019 05:12AM

I'd rather pick a QB from the 2020 draft pool than this year's. Each of the QBs that are touted as 1st round talent this year have significant question marks ranging from a lack of height to a lack of accuracy. I don't want to reach for one this year when it's likely that next year will have much better prospects.

Date: April 01, 2019 05:17AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd rather pick a QB from the 2020 draft pool than
> this year's. Each of the QBs that are touted as
> 1st round talent this year have significant
> question marks ranging from a lack of height to a
> lack of accuracy. I don't want to reach for one
> this year when it's likely that next year will
> have much better prospects.

Thats also a very valid point. Jimmy Johnson himself Stated TUA was a perfect fit for Miami. I'm not sold on him , but Ross seems to really want him as well. Thats whats started the tanking for TUA rage......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 01, 2019 07:15AM

I wonder how many picks we have for 2020?

I just know we gonna win a few games in 2019 and have to trade up to get him.

Date: April 01, 2019 07:34AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I wonder how many picks we have for 2020?
>
>
> I just know we gonna win a few games in 2019 and
> have to trade up to get him.

They are adding up bro. I know we have 2 #4s (Tannehill trade) 2 #6s((Quinn to Dallas). But we will have the Most salary Cap of any team thanks to trades because of cuts.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2019 07:36AM

Ross wants TUA and it's a distinct possibility. I'm far from sold, but it could be our direction.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 01, 2019 09:41AM

We should have about 10 or 11 picks as of now....And probably it will add up when or if we trade a couple more players.

those 2 4th round picks sound really good.

Date: April 01, 2019 11:26AM

edited out double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 06:23PM by ChyrenB.

Date: April 01, 2019 11:37AM

So we just forget about the 2019 season???? In fact, since most QBs who are not named Marino or Greise or Brady take maybe until their 3rd year to show returns, we maybe wait until 2021.

No, I'll tell you how YOUR child-like mind works, Treasure, or maybe as SamSam would say your Doris Day mind is working. You want to put as much time as you can between Tannehill's leaving and success by another good Miami QB.

Date: April 01, 2019 02:13PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> LOL. Starting a new thread because you cant finish
> a discussion in the other one......Your mind works
> in very strange ways.

RESPONSE: Hard for you to keep up, huh? Let me simplify it for you. The other threads were when we still HAD Tanny. This thread was started in light of Tanny's departure.
>
> QB is not a priority? Please show me where I said
> that? Our starting QB was traded! Why wouldn't it
> be a priority? You just have this Childish notion
> that we must pick QB in the first round or are
> doomed to failure.

RESPONSE: uhhh, duhhhh, yeah..we just lost our starting QB. Duhhh! No matter whether I thought we needed one in the last draft (turns out I was right though), the point is that we should NOW draft the BQBA ( a play on BPA).

AND I'm not opposed to picking
> a QB in the first round if the right guy is there.

RESPONSE: But be honest, Treasure. The only "right" QB for you is Tanny. In fact you hope that for a long time into the future our QBs absolutely SUCK so you can stick it to everyone about how we griped about Tanny. And to tie this in, you want us, a team that just lost its starting QB, not matter what I thought of him, to look for a replacement in the 3rd or later round??? LOL, in the junk pile and trash cans where the homeless search and troll.
You GOT to be kidding!

> But he might be available elsewhere as well. If a
> guy we really like at another important position
> is available and the QB we like is gettable in
> another lower round Why not?

RESPONSE: Why not??? Because we ain't talking about a guard or a linebacker. Only you fail to realize how crucial the QB is.

>
> Because you act like a child on draft day. You
> point to the pretty package and you must have it
> now. Then you cry roll on the floor and stamp your
> feet if you dont get it.

RESPONSE: Yeah, I care a lot about this team like Joe Robbe did. You care about it as much as Ross. Your main focus is your Tannehill jersey.

You even throw a fit
> and start a poll discussing it.

RESPONSE: SO ALTHOUGH I specifically say at the outset that I was NOT going to make this a poll, you manage to attack me for polls anyway. JC, I'm not gonna hold back if this guy is stupid but before I do that I want to make sure that I am NOT being cruel. Treasure, were you in special ed in school? If so, let me back off. Were you in special ed?

Then you spend
> the next year or years badgering and crapping on
> the new player because you didn't get want you
> wanted.

RESPONSE: What new player are you talking about? The new draftee that I wanted or the guy we drafted INSTEAD of the guy I wanted??? If it's another guy, we drafted INSTEAD of who I wanted then I've got the right to call it out but if it is a player,...no,let even make that if it's a player even one just AT A POSITION I wanted us to draft, I'll promise to keep my mouth shut but what the widdle baby Treasure wants me to do is shut up no matter who we draft. Ain't gonna happen, Treasure, you widdle baby you.
>
> Stop it already and act like a grown up.

RESPONSE: Such good advice that you should take it YOURSELF TWICE.

Date: April 01, 2019 02:43PM

Chyrene :

. You want to put as much time
as you can between Tannehill's leaving and success by another Miami QB.

Your losing it bro. You have nothing. Forget about a rookie , I hope Fitzpatrick KILLS IT. Go Miami!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2019 03:49PM

LOL.

Do you know how old Fitz is?

Here is his pro history:

St. Louis Rams (2005–2006)
Cincinnati Bengals (2007–2008)
Buffalo Bills (2009–2012)
Tennessee Titans (2013)
Houston Texans (2014)
New York Jets (2015–2016)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2017–2018)
Miami Dolphins (2019–present)

THIS DUDE WAS DRAFTED SIX YEARS BEFORE TANNY. LOL. LOL. LOL.

Date: April 01, 2019 04:07PM

Admit it, Treasure. The reason that you DON'T want us to draft a QB is you want Tanny to look good by comparison. Come on. Admit it. Come on.

Date: April 01, 2019 04:10PM

I believe I started a thread on a Rookie QB we should draft. YOU said he was too good for us.confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2019 04:12PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Admit it, Treasure. The reason that you DON'T
> want us to draft a QB is you want Tanny to look
> good by comparison. Come on. Admit it. Come on.

Wow. You watched wayyyyyyy too much Perry Mason as a kid.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2019 04:14PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> LOL.
>
> Do you know how old Fitz is?
>
> Here is his pro history:
>
> St. Louis Rams (2005–2006)
> Cincinnati Bengals (2007–2008)
> Buffalo Bills (2009–2012)
> Tennessee Titans (2013)
> Houston Texans (2014)
> New York Jets (2015–2016)
> Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2017–2018)
> Miami Dolphins (2019–present)
>
> THIS DUDE WAS DRAFTED SIX YEARS BEFORE TANNY. LOL.
> LOL. LOL.

So.....are you saying you DONT want him to do well? I do. GO DOLPHINS.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2019 04:53PM

No one reading this thread even comes close to thinking that that is what I am saying.

They hear me clearly as saying that since we have an ANCIENT QB who is now someone who was drafted in 2006, five years before Tannehill was drafted and that...................HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....Fitzpatrick just, just, just ... possibly NOT be a long term solution TO OUR QB PROBLEM and that we should draft a top QB in 2019, and/OR move up to get one if ANY is good enough.

But in 2011 the popular phrase was "suck for Luck." Treasure wants us to

"TANK IT IN HONOR OF TANNY!"

Treasure certainly doesn't want us to draft a QB in the first round when he would prefer us to get one out of the garbage can.

Date: April 01, 2019 05:15PM

or should I say "Keep Tanking FROM NOW ON in Honor of Tanny!"

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 01, 2019 06:45PM

This year, a top-tier QB is NOT a priority. If a top-tier guy comes our way and we can get him with our straight 13th pick, take him. Otherwise, this draft is loaded with D-line and further on, O-line. We are in desperate straits for both lines. If none of the top QBs are available, start shoring up our lines with the strength of this draft- linemen. Get a second-tier QB later. If that second-tier QB turns out to be IT, admittedly an unlikely event, then a QB in next year's draft becomes much less of a priority. If he turns out not to be it, then we should be in the perfect position to draft one of the top-tier QBs in what's supposed to be a superior QB draft next year, and those linemen that we took this year will have a year's experience under their belts, and that top-tier rookie QB will have a better chance to stay on the field and learn the position, as well as a burgeoning defense to lean on.

* edited to add the article "a" that I inadvertently left out. (some posters seem to think its necessary to explain why the post was edited.)

Rick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 06:53PM by dolphan4545.

Date: April 01, 2019 07:17PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> This year, a top-tier QB is NOT a priority.

RESPONSE: Since we have no QB except a re-tread, I tend to disagree.

>If a
> top-tier guy comes our way and we can get him with
> our straight 13th pick, take him.

RESPONSE: Of course no disagreement here. None by me at least.

>Otherwise, this
> draft is loaded with D-line and further on,
> O-line. We are in desperate straits for both
> lines.

RESPONSE: I need not repeat my automobile and the quarterback is the engine analogy.

>IF none of the top QBs are available, start
> shoring up our lines with the strength of this
> draft- linemen. Get a second-tier QB later.

RESPONSE: I capitalized your word IF in that sentence. If, if, if. Then I would agree.

> If
> that second-tier QB turns out to be IT, admittedly
> an unlikely event, then a QB in next year's draft
> becomes much less of a priority. If he turns out
> not to be it, then we should be in the perfect
> position to draft one of the top-tier QBs in
> what's supposed to be a superior QB draft next
> year, and those linemen that we took this year
> will have a year's experience under their belts,
> and that top-tier rookie QB will have a better
> chance to stay on the field and learn the
> position, as well as a burgeoning defense to
> lean on.

RESPONSE: PRESUMABLY you are referring to a QB we would THEN draft in April of 2020.
>
> * edited to add the article "a" that I
> inadvertently left out. (some posters seem to
> think its necessary to explain why the post was
> edited.)

Date: April 01, 2019 07:23PM

So Treasure!!!! Do you agree with Rick that "If a top-tier guy comes our way and we can get him with our straight 13th pick, take him."

Do you agree with that??????????

Because I certainly am NOT advocating that we take a "NON- top tier" guy with our first pick.

Date: April 01, 2019 08:22PM

Try Reading some of my last posts . I said several times.....at #13 if a QB on our list falls to us....grab him.

I'm not for Kyle Murry. My oldest son loves him. I think at 180 pounds he will get wrecked eventually. But if he falls to 13 and they feel hes the one.....well see. But giving up picks to move up , is torpedoing any chance that QB might have.

In our position, needs at every position, grabbing a QB in the later rounds makes more sense. Build up key positions like DL on OL.

I think Tyree Jackson would be a low 3rd round at best. That's great value.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 01, 2019 09:43PM

Well that's okay except for the qualification "on our list." I don't have as much faith as you do in the boobs that run this team.

I am unsure on Flores. I like his being a scout background and he has spent most of his time coaching on the defensive side.

Now in some respects that last thing is very good but it also raises a question about his nose for talent on the offensive side of the line.

But maybe a defensive coach is good in that he can warn the offensive players about things they should do to KEEP FROM BEING NEUTRALIZED.

I definitely feel better about him being in control than our last few coaches though.

But Treasure what will you think about him if the first thing we draft in April is a QB?

What if he even trades up to get a QB?

What if he grabs Tyree with our first pick?

Will you still be singing the song you are now singing which is "Father knows Best."

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: April 02, 2019 12:49AM

We need to draft whomever is the best QB available to us this year. THEN we need to draft the best QB available to us next year, regardless of round.

What we don't need to do is trade up to get one in either year, neither should we reach for a guy...

Beyond that we should be looking at O and D-Linemen, a lot of them.

The only deviation from that for me would be CB or LB if a better prospect was available to us.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: April 02, 2019 08:55AM

The QBs in the 2019 NFL are not as good as previous years...yet the Dolphins need to draft a QB. However, based on the top QB draft choices, I think we should stick with Fitzpatrick this year, hope to win 3-5 ball games with him, and build the D and O lines as much as possible with talented draft choices.

With a losing 2019 season imminent, and I think it will be, the opportunities to pick up a top-notch, first flight QB prospect in 2020 may be the Dolphins' best plan for the future.

Fitzpatrick is our QB and he will make it interesting with his gunslinger approach. He'll take chances...yet is cagey enough to throw the ball away to avoid a sack.

Date: April 02, 2019 09:54AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well that's okay except for the qualification "on
> our list." I don't have as much faith as you do
> in the boobs that run this team.

And when did I say That I did? eye rolling smiley

>
> But maybe a defensive coach is good in that he can
> warn the offensive players about things they
> should do to KEEP FROM BEING NEUTRALIZED.

Some coaches have come from the offensive side of the ball as GASE did. Some Defense Like Flores. All good and doesn't really matter as a good Head Coach coaches BOTH sides of the ball and makes sure his coordinators are doing it. HC Belichick was an Assistant Head Coach - Defense ..........yet had one of the best Offenses of all time. Thats was GASES problem. He refused to get a OC. Spent his time on the sidelines drawing up plays ignoring the other side of the ball. He seems to have seen the light with the Jets and hired a OC.

>
> But Treasure what will you think about him if the
> first thing we draft in April is a QB?
>
> What if he even trades up to get a QB?
>
> What if he grabs Tyree with our first pick?
>
> Will you still be singing the song you are now
> singing which is "Father knows Best."

What are you trying to get me to say? This isn't a special Counsel hearing its a discussion. You keep trying to get me to "admit" to something like I've done something wrong by having an opinion , a philosophy and sticking with it.

Heres what it comes down to. You said last season we had to pick a QB in the first round of last years supposed best EVER draft . You said it was do or Die. You were angry that they didn't participate in the draft gang bang and took it out on Tannehill as usual.

Maybe you changed your mind, that would be awesome......I'd hold nothing against you. Fathers knows best? LOL......Im sorry if I make good points, you cant and are getting frustrated. Its about winning....The Dolphins.....NOT us.

I've always said that ANY QB in todays NFL is only as good as his team. No QB was going to flourish on a team with no Oline , one thats always injured. We need to draft well at Key Positions. Oline and Dline. And now that Tannehill is gone ....yes draft a QB. But I believe strongly that it does not have to be a first round pick all though I would not be opposed to it.

But under no circumstance do we move up or reach for one. Every pick we have is valuable. With this Defense rich draft we could let another team have our #13 for their first rounder and an additional. Grab 2 top tier defensive linemen and still get a solid QB like Jackson later on.

Thats always been my philosophy. Will the Dolphins follow it? Well they haven't up to this point. Why do you think the Pats always have so many picks in the draft? Patience. Instead of a 4th rounder in a draft they take a second in the next years draft. Smart. They wheel and deal those quietly and are always prepared every season.They get picks taken away , players get suspended yet they are always prepared. Because they have patience. They wait for other teams to give up good players, they dont pounce and pay a ton for the taste of the day. THATS what I'm hoping Flores brings with him from the Pats.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 02, 2019 02:11PM

Ken Wrote:
> We need to draft whomever is the best QB available
> to us this year. THEN we need to draft the best QB
> available to us next year, regardless of round.
>
> What we don't need to do is trade up to get one in
> either year, neither should we reach for a guy...
>
> Beyond that we should be looking at O and
> D-Linemen, a lot of them.
>
> The only deviation from that for me would be CB
> or LB if a better prospect was available to us.

I agree with you about getting the best QB available, but not with the first-round pick, and certainly not with a trade-up or a trade for multiple picks. Also, the highest-rated linebacker on the board is still rated lower than many of the top-tier linemen, D- and O. The NFL Network is reporting that they are hearing that we may not draft a QB at all this year. Now, I think that that would be a mistake, though not an egregious one.

Rick

Pages: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.