Home
THIS SITE
  About Phins.com
  Contact Us
  Staff
TEAM NEWS
  Team Info
  Twitter Feeds
  News Wire
  XML News
  Subscribe using any news reader
  News Articles
  Mobile News
  On Porpoise
GAMES
  Schedule
PERSONNEL
  Roster
  Depth Chart
  Training Camp
  Draft
FOR THE FANS
  Forums
  Places To Watch
  Dolphins Links
  Game Tickets
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute
  News Archive
  Past Games
  Transactions
  Past Rosters
SUPPORT PHINS.COM
  Dolphins Fan Shop
  Phins.com Apparel
 
-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com
 
  Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tyree Jackson............
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 24, 2019 11:24AM

sports.yahoo.com/why-the-nfl-combine-is-buzzing-over-a-hardthrowing-qb-whos-messing-up-peoples-money-224434463.html


This kid is 6'7" 250 pounds. Can toss it 70-80 yds at the flick of a wrist. His biggest issue is "slowing the passes down" for receivers, especially in the 20 yd range because he throws too damn hard.

Should be available in the 3rd possibly 4th rounds.

Miami should either trade back for more picks , or get the best player available with #13 , Yes an Olineman or a DE to take Waks spot. We essentially need everything.

Mobile QB's dont last in the NFL. If you want a QB for the next 10-15 yrs.....Get a QB with size and who is not gonna run unless he absolutely has to.

This guy is gonna be a steal.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: March 24, 2019 12:06PM

when it comes to players like this, i always wonder about football IQ- he looks real good on tapes though, I like him.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 24, 2019 03:33PM

Football IQ is there. I think he would be further along if he attended a better program than Buffalo. Would have served him better if he had followed his original plan of transferring out of UB to a power 5 school instead of declaring for the draft. I think a year of better coaching would have put him in the 2nd round of the 2020 draft. He has to be willing to be coached up and understand that the game he played at UB will not cut it in the NFL. Does he bring anything that we don't have in Falk (or Rudolph)? I probably would not grab him until the 5th round and he will probably be gone by then.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 25, 2019 07:20AM

Just watched his highlights and I'm thoroughly impressed. With the right coaching this humongous kid could have a very successful NFL career. He definitely won't have a problem of trying to find throwing lanes the way Murray will. If he's holding a clipboard for a year that wouldn't bother me one bit, I think he'd be worth the investment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 25, 2019 08:15AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just watched his highlights and I'm thoroughly
> impressed. With the right coaching this humongous
> kid could have a very successful NFL career. He
> definitely won't have a problem of trying to find
> throwing lanes the way Murray will. If he's
> holding a clipboard for a year that wouldn't
> bother me one bit, I think he'd be worth the
> investment.


Exactly! We kinda threw Ryan in there really quick....and I believe he had a great first season, but sitting behind Fitz for a year wouldnt bother me a bit. I'd love to gamble on him rather then a super Pat White.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: March 27, 2019 05:07AM

This is exactly the kind of QB Miami should be considering in the draft this year. I'm not at all impressed with the "1st round" QBs currently being touted. I'd rather spend a 4th rounder on someone like Jackson and then look at 2020 for a blue chip QB in the draft.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 27, 2019 05:26AM

Fins72 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is exactly the kind of QB Miami should be
> considering in the draft this year. I'm not at all
> impressed with the "1st round" QBs currently being
> touted. I'd rather spend a 4th rounder on someone
> like Jackson and then look at 2020 for a blue chip
> QB in the draft.


Yes! He has serious potential. Guy has a monster arm.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 09:23AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 29, 2019 12:42PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Yes! He has serious potential. Guy has a monster
> arm."
>
> No! From what I've read, yes the guy can throw it
> through a brick wall! Unfortunately, last year
> there was a 45% chance that the guy would hit the
> brick wall rather than his receiver. I don't think
> you can teach accuracy, and this guy doesn't have
> it. His best year was 2017, at slightly over 60%.
> Every other year, it was down around 55%. I think
> we give a wiiide pass on this guy.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 29, 2019 12:50PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Yes! He has serious potential. Guy has a monster
> arm."
>
> No! From what I've read, yes the guy can throw it
> through a brick wall! Unfortunately, last year
> there was a 45% chance that the guy would hit the
> brick wall rather than his receiver. I don't think
> you can teach accuracy, and this guy doesn't have
> it. His best year was 2017, at slightly over 60%.
> Every other year, it was down around 55%. I think
> we give a wiiide pass on this guy.



All valid points. However experts say that he can be an NFL starter.His acuracy issues are when he releases the ball. My point is we have nobody now. A kid like this with potential in the later rounds would be excellent value. At worst a great option as a back up and great trade fodder if we go after TUA. They say he can block a ton. Imagine a few cases were he comes in.......flips it back to Wilson who was a state Champion QB in High School before going to receiver in college. He can block like a Fullback. He can also play fake and throw it deep on a dime. 70-80 yds easy peezy.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 29, 2019 08:11PM

Thanks, TCPF. I thought this post was lost.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 30, 2019 03:10AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks, TCPF. I thought this post was lost.


This place is weird. When you quote stuff it comes up. You have some good points on Jackson....but if we get him 3rd 4th rounds.....could be golden

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2019 08:07PM

OURLADS has ranked this April's upcoming QB draft class in 13 combine categories. I will not list all but they are like biggest hands, arm, wing span, tallest, heaviest, bench press, fastest 10, 20, 40 yard runs, vertical and high jump, 20 yard shuttle and 3 cone drill.

Out of 12 categories, Tyree Jackson was best in 6 and tied in one other.

I very much doubt, he wl be around for the 4th or 5th rounds where some people think we can wait to get a QB, even with Tannehill gone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 30, 2019 11:21PM

The quarterback is the engine of any NFL car (team) nowadays.
We are no longer in the days of the four horsemen of Notre Dame.
If you don't have a good quarterback, your car won't run let alone outrace any other of the 31 NFL automobiles.

We need to draft a quarterback FIRST this April.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 31, 2019 05:44AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
>
> We need to draft a quarterback FIRST this April.


Why first? You need to draft a WINNING QB. That the exact point that annoyed me to no end in the last draft. WHERE a QB is drafted means nothing. You insisted on getting one of the 5 QBs drafted in the first round like that guaranteed success.


Ask the Seahawks and New England about that theory.

Om not against 1st rounders....but you make it seem like its do or die.

That's why a guy like Tyree is worth noting.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 31, 2019 06:47AM

Last point first. Betcha Tyree is the first QN drafted and it will be in the first round.

Next, citing Tom Brady and Russell Wilson does not prove your point because I could say that "since 1967 only two QBs (Brady and Wilson) drafted in late rounds have ....yada, yada, yada...."

In fact, I could argue that since there have just been two since Brady was drafted including him, all the more reason we should try to pick high.

So what are you gonna do, Treasure? Hope for us to not get a QB that might make Tannehill look bad by comparison?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: March 31, 2019 07:44AM

I've tried so many ways to try and get you to understand the game of football I really might just have to write you off as a lost cuase. A broken toy that's unfixable.

Do I need to point out.... for the 1000th time, in the best QB draft of all time, 83' only 1 QB won a SB and it took him nearly 15 yrs.

The last I checked Tyree was listed 3&4th rounder. Lots of great points.....but like dolphan45 said.....hes got issues too. I havnt seen him climb any charts.

Reason I like a lower draft pick.....and I've explained it before......your just too obtuse to see it...... my philosophy is it's a Team sport. We had the greatest QB in the game, and we couldnt win it. Do not spend on moving up ever. Draft picks are like gold .the more the better. The trick is to hit on them. Moving up for any one player.....unless your team was in the playoffs already last season is DUMB DUMB DUMB when you have as many holes as this team has.

Tannehill is gone. I wish him well.

Go Miami!!!

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 31, 2019 08:39AM

The below is an edited post.

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've tried so many ways to try and get you to
> understand the game of football I really might
> just have to write you off as a lost cuase. A
> broken toy that's unfixable.

RESPONSE: By the end of this reply you will be shown to be the one in need of education.
>
> Do I need to point out.... for the 1000th time,
> in the best QB draft of all time, 83' only 1 QB
> won a SB and it took him nearly 15 yrs.

RESPONSE: What does that prove??? A car is not good unless about 100 of its parts work but according to your ILLOGIC,that means it makes NO DIFFERENCE how good the engine is when you buy a car.

> The last I checked Tyree was listed 3 & 4th rounder.

RESPONSE: Not according to OURLADS. He was their best.

> Lots of great points.....but like dolphan45
> said.....hes got issues too. I havnt seen him
> climb any charts.

RESPONSE: And please name the charts that you are referring to.

> Reason I like a lower draft pick.....and I've
> explained it before......your just too obtuse to
> see it...... my philosophy is it's a Team sport.

RESPONSE: Again, the QB is the most important part.

> We had the greatest QB in the game, and we couldnt
> win it.

RESPONSE: And for the millionth time why can't you get it through your head that we also had NO defense!!!!

Do not spend on moving up ever. Draft
> picks are like gold, the more the better. The trick is to hit on them.

RESPONSE: Wrong! The higher picks are more valuable than the lower picks. Sure on a rare occasion, like Brady a gem can be found in the 7th round but relying on that is like taking your every paycheck and betting it on a longshot at the racetrack!!!

Moving up for any one
> player.....unless your team was in the playoffs
> already last season is DUMB DUMB DUMB when you
> have as many holes as this team has.

RESPONSE: This car has no engine! I don't know how I can get that through your head!!! Edited to also add that we were a team that was only two years in existence when we drafted Bob Griese. We were in the cellar then. But we put together a team, yes with supporting components for Griese like a great offense line and a great defense like Vern Den Herder. However, the team WAS NOT BUILT BY, as you suggest, GETTING THE LINEMEN FIRST and then waiting year after year to beat out the 31 other teams for the best QB or one of the best. But you REALLY don't want to see another Miami QB succeed do you Treasure. You are just like a child...or as SamSam would say, a jealous lover. You want to always be able to say that Tannehill was one of the best QBs we ever had when, in fact, he was one of the worst because we put him in a scheme that was inconsistent with his natural talents.

>
> Tannehill is gone. I wish him well.

RESPONSE: I've already wished him well but thanks for reminding the readers of why it's urgent for us to get the best QB we can.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2019 04:26PM by ChyrenB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: April 01, 2019 05:02AM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: April 01, 2019 05:03AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RESPONSE: By the end of this reply you will be
> shown to be the one in need of education.
>
> Because its not a discussion with you. Its never
> is. Its about winning a conversation period even
> if it takes , polls in another thread, try to get
> a mass opinion of the board , whatever it takes
> because you cant argue the facts. Changing the
> goals posts......
>
> _____________________________________________________________
> Do I need to point out.... for the 1000th time,
> > in the best QB draft of all time, 83' only 1 QB
>
> > won a SB and it took him nearly 15 yrs.
>
> RESPONSE: What does that prove??? A car is not
> good unless about 100 of its parts work but
> according to your ILLOGIC,that means it makes NO
> DIFFERENCE how good the engine is when you buy a
> czr.
>
>
> What does that prove?Its proves you have no reading Comprehension.

That of course a QB is
> important....but so is a TE, and a running back.
> The 83's draft class would be a complete bust if
> Terrell Davis a RB hadn't helped him win the
> Superbowl.
> You claim Marino never won because of his
> defense.....true, but he also never had a running
> game. Why put all your eggs in one basket? Give up
> picks. move up , take chances? Find the QB you
> want and get him. But that might also be the 3rd
> round.
> _____________________________________________________
>
> Reason I like a lower draft pick.....and I've
> > explained it before......your just too obtuse to
>
> > see it...... my philosophy is it's a Team sport.
>
>
> RESPONSE: Again, the QB is the most important
> part.
>
> The most important part is the coach brother. He
> sets the culture. The Eagles won last year with a
> BACK UP. The Dolphins in the perfect season won
> with a BACK UP. YOU ARE OBTUSE ME FRIEND. OBTUSE.
>
> Still waiting for your first response. By the end
> of this reply you will be shown to be the one in
> need of education.
>
> You have only proven what a lack of one you have.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2019 05:19AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 03, 2019 03:09PM

Just read that the Dolphins & the Lions went to pay him a visit.

He has some attributes that are getting attention & the more I watch this young man on film the more I want to see him in a Dolphins uniform. I think he's going to be a steal of a draft pick who has serious potential, I would love it if Miami gets this QB.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 03, 2019 03:31PM

808, he will be drafted in the first round and if not that, the second round.

I think he is the top QB. And Top QB means 1st and probably not even the 2nd round. Treasure expects that he will be there in the 3rd or 4th or other garbage pail rounds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 03, 2019 04:35PM

I know I'd rather have him than Murray, Chy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: April 03, 2019 05:22PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
Treasure
> expects that he will be there in the 3rd or 4th or
> other garbage pail rounds.

There you go. BOOM. That's your problem. 3rd or 4th garbage pail rounds? You are so focused on that 1st round splash. It's all you live for.

You think teams are built on 1st round draft picks?

You know even less then I thought.


BTW my Athlon and Lindys sporting News draft guides both have Jackson in the 3rd or 4th rounds.

They show Haskins #1
Lock, Murry are potential 1st rounders.

Daniel Jones, Will Grier, Jarrett Stidham, Ryan Finley and Garden Minshew all rated above Jackson.


I don't think he will go behind all of them, but NO WAY does he beat haskins, Murry and lock out.

I'm afraid Lock might drop to us and we grab him at 13. I'd LOVE to see a trade from another team for additional picks and grab Jackson .

Could Jackson be a 2nd rounder? Its possible. But pundits think otherwise.
#1 over all!!!?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out man they must have good legal weed out there in Cali......

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: April 03, 2019 05:24PM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just read that the Dolphins & the Lions went to
> pay him a visit.
>
> He has some attributes that are getting attention
> & the more I watch this young man on film the more
> I want to see him in a Dolphins uniform. I think
> he's going to be a steal of a draft pick who has
> serious potential, I would love it if Miami gets
> this QB.


YES! But not at #13. Trade back and grab him later on.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 03, 2019 07:21PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----

> There you go. BOOM. That's your problem. 3rd or
> 4th garbage pail rounds? You are so focused on
> that 1st round splash. It's all you live for.

RESPONSE: ONLY WHEN WE DON'T HAVE A FIRST ROUND PICK do I focus instead on the 2nd, 3rd and later rounds.

>
> You think teams are built on 1st round draft
> picks?

RESPONSE: Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! I do think that.
>

> You know even less then I thought.

RESPONSE: LOL. Or maybe you know less than YOU think.hot smiley
>
>
> BTW my Athlon and Lindys sporting News draft
> guides both have Jackson in the 3rd or 4th
> rounds.

RESPONSE: I trust OURLADS which you have disrespected before so I don't count you as being objective.

>
> They show Haskins #1
> Lock, Murry are potential 1st rounders.

RESPONSE: Is that last name MurrAy or Murry as you typed it???

>
> Daniel Jones, Will Grier, Jarrett Stidham, Ryan
> Finley and Garden Minshew all rated above Jackson.

RESPONSE: Well, Cowboy! You need to get to a good bookie and lay down a bet. You could make a lotta money betting that those guys will be drafted ahead of him.winking smiley Just don't tell your family members that I gave you the advice.


>
>
>
> I don't think he will go behind all of them, but
> NO WAY does he beat haskins, Murry and lock out.

RESPONSE: Hmmmmm. Maybe I'll take your money myself. Oh!!!! But I just noticed you used the conjunctive "and" instead of "or." If you are saying that he will NOT beat them ALL out, I won't challenge you on that. But if you are saying he won't be "ANY OF THEM" out. We need to make a bet.

>
> I'm afraid Lock might drop to us and we grab him
> at 13.

RESPONSE: And why are you so afraid of us taking a QB. Because you want us to have crappy QBs so you can look fondly back on Tanny for the next few years.

I'd LOVE to see a trade from another team
> for additional picks and grab Jackson .
>
> Could Jackson be a 2nd rounder? Its possible. But
> pundits think otherwise.
> #1 over all!!!?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out man they must have good legal
> weed out there in Cali......

RESPONSE: Why do you bring up weed so often? Treasure you should NOT be indulging in weed being that you are a policeman.

For myself, I am trying not to fall into the bottle. That's why I restrict my drinking to weekends only and only AFTER I'M at home for the night. I've seen people's lives ruined through drink and seen far worse due to drugs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 04, 2019 05:05AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 808phan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just read that the Dolphins & the Lions went to
> > pay him a visit.
> >
> > He has some attributes that are getting
> attention
> > & the more I watch this young man on film the
> more
> > I want to see him in a Dolphins uniform. I
> think
> > he's going to be a steal of a draft pick who
> has
> > serious potential, I would love it if Miami
> gets
> > this QB.
>
>
> YES! But not at #13. Trade back and grab him later
> on.


Trading back for an additional 2020 pick and grabbing Jackson later on would set this team up nicely for the 2020 draft. I'd be ok with him in the 2nd round but preferably the 3rd or 4th.

The 2020 draft seems to be where the F.O. is garnering picks for with our trades so far & a stockpile of picks in 2020 will allow Miami to trade up next year if we really need to.

Looks like a meticulous planned out rebuild is in the making instead of the "win now" mentality that this team has been trying to achieve but miserably failing at. At the moment it seems that the Dolphins are not wanting to overpay anyone & I like that.

Tbum really screwed this team and it's no surprise that it'll take a couple of years to undo what he did. As a fan I am willing to be patient to let Grier & Flores do what they need to do; I won't be dogging them out for every game loss this season.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: April 04, 2019 06:34AM

>
> Tbum really screwed this team and it's no surprise
> that it'll take a couple of years to undo what he
> did.


What bugs me is that the only one on the planet that didn't know Tannenbaum would screw up the roster and the cap was Ross. Those are the kind of hires that set a franchise back years. I'm still not sold on Grier. If he has truly been in charge of the draft the past few years, I'm not thrilled with some of his picks. Harris was and is a huge bust. Ditto on Parker. I'm still not sold on the fact that Grier wasn't getting pushed by Tannenbaum. I read somewhere that Jordan Phillips was a Tannenbaum pick and that Grier wasn't on board with it. As you say, we'll see how the next 2 0r 3 years go and whether things really change or not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: April 04, 2019 07:20AM

808 excellent points. The only issue I have so far with the rebuild is letting Wake go . Hes still got some fuel in the tank and we have Cap money. 2 yrs and 9million was a steal for him.

I agree on the rest and like the vision of looking ahead as well.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Date: April 04, 2019 07:24AM

Chyrene wrote:

RESPONSE: I trust OURLADS which you have disrespected before so I don't count you as being objective.

____________________________


lol......becuase they steered you so well in that last draft. grinning smileyeye rolling smiley

Well see in a few weeks.

Next year we get a roof and despite the shade.......a lot more sunshine blown up our asses!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
     
   
Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England
TOP
   
© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.