HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Tyree Jackson............
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tyree Jackson............
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 04, 2019 11:36AM

Again, for the millionth time, All QBs were gone before we EVEN PICKED AT 12.

That's like 5 QBs. So how in the hell can you say that OURLADS was wrong. As a matter of fact, all those QBs went much higher (NOT LOWER) than OURLADS thought.

YOU were the only one wrong by figuring we did not need one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: April 04, 2019 01:11PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Again, for the millionth time, All QBs were gone
> before we EVEN PICKED AT 12.
>
> That's like 5 QBs. So how in the hell can you say
> that OURLADS was wrong. As a matter of fact, all
> those QBs went much higher (NOT LOWER) than
> OURLADS thought.
>
> YOU were the only one wrong by figuring we did not
> need one.

LOL. BECUASE except for one, Baker Mayfield .......THEY ALL BLOW like Stormy Daniels in a Hurricane.

Glad our Front Office didn't listen to Our Lads. I'm very happy about our 1st rounder Minka Fitzpatrick. He is the future.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 04, 2019 04:21PM

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: April 05, 2019 03:13AM

I like this kids potential, in maybe the 4th round. I also like Easton Stick, he is under the radar but can throw. Does not have a really strong arm.

I will admit Mayfield surprised me a little, thought he was a product of that Lincoln Reilly system (ie Kyler Murray possibly)

Drew Lock peaks my interest in a QB.

I do think you need to find someone to fit your system. Even Brady would not be as effective in some systems.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 05, 2019 03:21AM

I worry about Drew Lock. Look at his stats against teams that have decent defenses. His stats are way down. He will light up SW Missouri State and the likes for 500 yards and 4 TDs then all but disappears against the SEC elite teams.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 05, 2019 03:36AM

I feel the same regarding Lock. I see too much Paxton Lynch in him. I think people are falling in love with highlight tapes, arm strength and workouts with this guy. Would not draft him at #13, maybe in second round.If we go qb at #13 I take Jones (provided Murray and Haskins are gone. I see just as much from Finley and Grier as I do Lock. Lock imo is this drafts Kyle Lauletta

Date: April 05, 2019 04:30AM

But don't you think that against decent SEC teams his offensive line was getting blown up and he has very little time to throw. Not to mention if the D-line has stopped your run then you are just a sitting duck.

Basically, I am saying a guy like Tua sits behind this huge line and has all day to throw. Yea he looks good, but how good. Clemson sure made him look less invincible in the championship. 65% is great but he had games of near 90% and one game he was at 100%

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
Tua Tagovailoa 22/34 295 8.7 2 2 21.1

(BTW I am not bashing Tua, he is just my example)

It all starts with a great offensive line. Dallas sure made Prescott and Elliott look awesome their first year. But then they showed who they really were in year two, because of injuries to the O-line.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 05, 2019 05:12AM

Missouri had a good oline and Lock has a quick release. He gets the ball out. Mizzou had a good run game in 2018. Lock is 1-6 against ranked teams since 2016 and 0-2 in bowls for the same period. That says something to me.

There are things to like in Lock's game but Im not buying him at #13.
I could be wrong.

and Mizzou is one of my favorite college football programs!

Date: April 05, 2019 05:20AM

Mizzou15, thanks for the insight. If he played on your team in college and you don't want him then a big red flag just went up.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: April 05, 2019 05:54AM

Astro34 - I agree. All some of these QBs have to do is throw the ball in the general vicinity of their All-American WRs and the ball gets caught. Also, those receivers get huge separation that doesnt happen in the pros.

I do like QBs that play on shit teams and have to throw to crappy wideouts but still succeed.

I have mostly seen Lock when he played South Carolina. He was ok but didn't strike me as all-world.

Date: April 06, 2019 03:10AM

I'm really afraid that if Lock is available at 13 we are gonna reach for him. I got a bad feeling about him.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 06, 2019 01:31PM

Afraid????????????

And Lord, what makes WORSE sense than a team having LOST ITS starting quarterback, taking a quarterback in the first round of the next draft??????????????????

Sorry to the rest of the posters, TREASURE DOES, because it is only SHOWING RESPECT to Ryan Tannehill to wait as many years as possible to draft our future 1st string QB.

Date: April 06, 2019 02:39PM

Ummmm. Last time I checked Tannehill was gone. We had a whole thread dedicated to it. Seems like the only one that keeps bringing him up is you.

Is that to mask the fact that you dont know Jack white about the new QBs except you just want one in the first round as opposed to the third?

I'd start a poll but that's your schtick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 06, 2019 02:41PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Afraid????????????
>
> And Lord, what makes WORSE sense than a team
> having LOST ITS starting quarterback, taking a
> quarterback in the first round of the next
> draft??????????????????
>
> Sorry to the rest of the posters, TREASURE DOES,
> because it is only SHOWING RESPECT to Ryan
> Tannehill to wait as many years as possible to
> draft our future 1st string QB.

Quite frankly Chy I think all the QB's in this years class are a reach to move up in the 1st round, which is why I'd rather see this franchise obtain picks for next year in order to move up if we have to in 2020. If we sell the house & barn this year for a QB we'll be totally screwed IMO. We'll may as well have nobody on the field except for a QB and what good is that?

Date: April 06, 2019 02:46PM

He doesnt get it. He just wants a 1st rou d QB pick regardless. Sad.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 06, 2019 09:24PM

It's not wise to try to piggyback on 808, Treasure.

He said that we should not "move up."

I see why it was possible for someone to MISinterpret ME as saying we should move up to get one of those QBs, I don't advocate that.

but 808, the difference between you and Treasure is that Treasure opposes us taking any QB in the first round at all....even at the number we are drafting.

In fact, Treasure opposes us taking a QB in the 2nd round either.

Treasure believes that the Grieses, Spurriers, Staubachs, Aikmans, Romos, Bradshaws, Rothelisbergers, etcs. CAN ALL JUST AS EASILY BE FOUND IN THE 3rd or 4TH ROUNDS.

If you agree with that, then I was wrong. You and I very much disagree.

Date: April 07, 2019 06:56AM

Do You ever READ my posts or just gloss over them because you only know whats going on in that ego driven mind of yours?

I said and I would link to it if this place worked correctly:

IF Haskins drops to #13 I'd be all over it like white on Rice.

Murry? I haven't thought much about because I'm pretty convinced hes going to the Raiders. But I could be excited about his possibilities if he fell to #13. A trade to let another team get him wouldn't bother me either.

LOCK? No. I think hes a bust. I would much rather trade back .I like Jackson alot only as a 3rd round pick or above. Tons or potential there and we can score a valuable lineman or two as well.

Grieses, Spurriers, Staubachs, Aikmans, Romos, Bradshaws, Rothelisbergers, etcs. CAN ALL JUST AS EASILY BE FOUND IN THE 3rd or 4TH ROUNDS.

Here is what your not seeing. Its FUNNY......Why didnt you mention Dan Marino in that sentence? Hmmmmmmmmmeye rolling smiley Everyone of them had a GREAT TEAM. 72 Dolphins were so great the Dolphins back up kept the perfect season alive after Bob Griese’s ankle was broken in Week 5. The QB was merely a Cog in that great piece of undefeated machinery. THE TEAM was GREAT . The Coaching was Great. Therefore a good QB became great.

Marino was so good.....he became great despite the horrible defenses, non running game and coaching decline. When our defense was finally made superior by Jimmy Johnson he couldnt get Marino that running game like Elway had with Terrell Davis.

See that TEAM theme? See that WHOLE package concept? It starts in the draft. and when a Team is starting from scratch and has as many holes as we have you dont take chances of mediocre first round QB choices. You pick players who will make anyone look good. Offensive and defensive line. In the trenches. You pick guys like Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor in the later rounds. They are there. Guys like Wake who went completely undrafted. Hungry. Pampered 1st rounders have to be thoroughly interviewed. Do they have Heart? I'd almost trade out of the 1st round everytime then have to deal with a ego in the lockeroom. Thats my opinion. I like hard working Blue Collar players. I hate whiners and complainers. People that blame others. Tannehill will always have my utmost respect for never complaining and leaving here with class. I also think hes hungry and the Titans made a great choice. Tom Brady gets my respect as well because when the chips are down.....dont count him out. His character is very strong in that respect. I dont see that in this QB draft.

Murry is small. He has options in baseball and I think after a good hit might just leave. Lock is a Pus. I dont like him at all. Haskins can take a hit and keep on ticking. Like Tannehill. But Jackson? Man......I dont know.....I saw a video of him on You tube I wish I could post the link here. Hes a winner. I could see it. IF he had the right pieces and coaching.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 07, 2019 12:21PM

I'm going to slow this down for you to only one point per post. I have NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER said we should TRADE UP from 13.

Either you are lying or its you who doesn't understand. Picking a QB at 13 is NOT the same as moving up. If you feel we should move up, that's your right. Just don't LIE about MY position.

Date: April 07, 2019 02:44PM

Secondly, to anyone who really in his heart wants to agree with Treasure, think of this statement of his

"Grieses, Spurriers, Staubachs, Aikmans, Romos, Bradshaws, Rothelisbergers, etcs. CAN ALL JUST AS EASILY BE FOUND IN THE 3rd or 4TH ROUNDS."

Griese and Spurrier were drafted one after the other 1 and 2 in the 1967 draft. Treasure is dead wrong.

Staubach was drafted late. That's one for you.

Aikman WAS THE VERY PICK OVERALL PICK IN THE 1989 draft. Treasure is dead wrong again.

Tony Romo was not drafted. That's another for you.

TERRY BRADSHAW WAS DRAFTED, LIKE Griese, Spurrier and Aikman, above THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE 1970 DRAFT. That's the third dead wrong for Treasure.

Ben Rothelisberger was DRAFTED 11 OVERALL IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE DRAFT. That's the first round and not the 3rd or 4th and really should get another DEAD WRONG FOR TREASURE.

Date: April 07, 2019 09:27PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> I'm going to slow this down for you to only one
> point per post. I have NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER
> said we should TRADE UP from 13.
>
> Either you are lying or its you who doesn't
> understand. Picking a QB at 13 is NOT the same as
> moving up. If you feel we should move up, that's
> your right. Just don't LIE about MY position.

Oh stop. Now your a victim. You cried ALL last year about having to get a QB in that can miss QB orgy. When the Arizona moved up in front of us you had a baby. You were all about moving up.

Now your seeing the light , listening to others and your claiming we shouldn't move up. Stop it. Stop defecting , no lies here and you know it. Just admit you were dead wrong and stop inventing excuses like a child.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 07, 2019 09:41PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Secondly, to anyone who really in his heart wants
> to agree with Treasure, think of this statement of
> his
>
> "Grieses, Spurriers, Staubachs, Aikmans, Romos,
> Bradshaws, Rothelisbergers, etcs. CAN ALL JUST AS
> EASILY BE FOUND IN THE 3rd or 4TH ROUNDS."
>
> Griese and Spurrier were drafted one after the
> other 1 and 2 in the 1967 draft. Treasure is dead
> wrong.
>
> Staubach was drafted late. That's one for you.
>
> Aikman WAS THE VERY PICK OVERALL PICK IN THE 1989
> draft. Treasure is dead wrong again.
>
> Tony Romo was not drafted. That's another for
> you.
>
> TERRY BRADSHAW WAS DRAFTED, LIKE Griese, Spurrier
> and Aikman, above THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE
> 1970 DRAFT. That's the third dead wrong for
> Treasure.
>
> Ben Rothelisberger was DRAFTED 11 OVERALL IN THE
> FIRST ROUND OF THE DRAFT. That's the first round
> and not the 3rd or 4th and really should get
> another DEAD WRONG FOR TREASURE.

God you are Obtuse.

Did you even listen consider my example on Griese ? I'll copy it again for you.....

72 Dolphins were so great the Dolphins "back up" kept the perfect season alive after Bob Griese’s ankle was broken in Week 5. The QB was merely a Cog in that great piece of undefeated machinery. THE TEAM was GREAT . The Coaching was Great.

THE TEAM won the greatest season ever. NOT GRIESE.

My second favorite QB of all time , Terry Bradshaw had one of the best defenses of all time.

I'll slow it down for you this time...........YOU DONT HAVE TO GET A FIRST ROUND QB TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE.

Ask Tom Brady, Drew Breeze, Russell Wilson, Kurt Warner, Bret Farve, Steve Young , Joe Thiesman, And Your example Rodger Starbach
was actually found in the 10TH ROUND!! So if anyone is DEAD WRONG its you as usual.

And the biggest example for last:

Joe Montana
Drafted: 1979, 3rd round, No. 72 overall by San Francisco 49ers

The quarterback gold standard before Brady. Not much needs to be said of Montana -- a four-time champion with three Super Bowl MVPs --

If Wrong was money you would be a Billionaire.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 07, 2019 10:47PM

Treasure I was there for every second.

And when Shula decided to start Griese in the Super Bowl after him having been injured the whole season.....

I thought Shula had gone mad.

A Purdue guy, here I was saying that Griese should stay on the bench.

I thought it was insane of him to bench Earl Morrall who had won practically every other regular season and definitely all the games leading to and including the AFC championship (or was it still the AFL then?)

Unlike you, my loyalty was to the team.

Well, Griese started and won.

But my loyalty was to the team.

I was only a Dolphin fan because of being at Purdue with Bob Griese.

But Treasure, if being wrong was money, you'd be a trillionaire.

Date: April 08, 2019 03:14AM

I maintain that it's the offensive system and a QB that fits that system that makes a great QB. It's like putting a square peg in a round hole. We can draft the best QB available, but if he does not fit our system then he will not succeed.

Date: April 08, 2019 08:03AM

ChyrenB Wrote:

>
> But Treasure, if being wrong was money, you'd be a
> trillionaire.

Except I proved it , you are wrong Constantly. What happened with Stabach? 10th round . Your embarrassing yourself. Just come back after the draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 08, 2019 08:05AM

astro34 Wrote:
> I maintain that it's the offensive system and a QB
> that fits that system that makes a great QB. It's
> like putting a square peg in a round hole. We can
> draft the best QB available, but if he does not
> fit our system then he will not succeed.

Of course. thumbs up that makes sense. That's why Chyrene doesn't get it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 08, 2019 12:00PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> ChyrenB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > But Treasure, if being wrong was money, you'd be
> a
> > trillionaire.
>
>
>
>
> Except I proved it , you are wrong Constantly.
> What happened with Stabach? 10th round . Your
> embarrassing yourself.

OH MY GOD! IN ANOTHER THREAD, I DID A QUARTERBACK BY QUARTERBACK LISTING OF THE GREAT NFL QBS AND THE ROUNDS THEY WERE DRAFTED IN!!!!

TREASURE READ THAT!!!

IT SHOWED THAT ONLY TWO QBS OF NOTE WERE DRAFTED LATER THAN THE 2ND ROUND.

ALL THE OTHER HISTORICALLY GREAT QBS WENT EITHER FIRST OR SECOND PICK OF THE FIRST ROUND OR IN THE FIRST ROUND.

IF I WERE A READER ON THIS BOARD I WOULD COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT YOU OUTRIGHT LIED IN THIS POST, TREASURE.

I'll attach it to this thread so people can see what a lie you have told.

>Just come back after the
> draft.

Date: April 08, 2019 12:10PM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 10, 2019 06:39AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> WOW! We have been back and forth on this so many
> times, I had assumed, like anyone with common
> sense, that the post I just referred to would be
> in another THREAD and not right above the nose of
> anyone reading this page.
>
> Here it is Treasure:
>
> I would bold it but that would bring out the black
> out phenom.
>
> It starts here.....................
>
> Secondly, to anyone who really in his heart wants
> to agree with Treasure, think of this statement of
> his
>
> "Grieses, Spurriers, Staubachs, Aikmans, Romos,
> Bradshaws, Rothelisbergers, etcs. CAN ALL JUST AS
> EASILY BE FOUND IN THE 3rd or 4TH ROUNDS."
>
> Griese and Spurrier were drafted AS PICKS NUMBER
> ONE AND TWO in the 1967 draft. Treasure is dead
> wrong.
>
> Staubach was drafted late. That's one for you.
>
> Aikman WAS THE VERY PICK OVERALL PICK IN THE 1989
> draft. Treasure is dead wrong again.
>
> Tony Romo was not drafted. That's another for you.
>
>
> TERRY BRADSHAW WAS DRAFTED, LIKE Griese, Spurrier
> and Aikman, above THE FIRST OVERALL PICK IN THE
> 1970 DRAFT. That's the third dead wrong for
> Treasure.
>
> Ben Rothelisberger was DRAFTED 11 OVERALL IN THE
> FIRST ROUND OF THE DRAFT. That's the first round
> and not the 3rd or 4th and really should get
> another DEAD WRONG FOR TREASURE.

Date: April 10, 2019 01:45PM

At a certain point one has to know the difference between stupid and ignorant. Ignorant only means lack of knowledge. We are all here ignorant of something, I speculate, ignorant of nuclear fission science, international trade, whatever. But stupidity is different. Stupidity is knowing all the choices and choosing the bad one when few others would. Let me put it like this Treasure. You are like the Dolphin management....in that you are NOT in the ignorant category but you ARE ....

Date: April 10, 2019 03:59PM

But I can PROVE your tbe moron Chyrene! I do it in every exchange! You said we had to be in on the cant miss QB orgy last year in the 1st round. Which QB should we have taken, who would have put us in the playoffs? Stop trying to funny and whitty . You were dead wrong!!!! This year depends on who is available at 13. What's changed? We no longer have a franchise back. But your wrong if you think the only answer lies in the 1st round. Your ego wont let's yourself see past the first day.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.