HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          An Idea for a third-round QB
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
An Idea for a third-round QB
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 10, 2019 10:51PM

I think it would benefit us to try to get Josh Rosen from the Cardinals for a third round pick. He may have not had a good year last year, but he had no weapons except an aging possible HOF receiver- no running game, no other receivers, and, most importantly, no O-line. This guy is a young, accurate (when he gets time to throw), pocket passer with an excellent arm. He needs seasoning, but with the first and second picks this year, we can bolster the lines, and we get a QB that shows he's the future-or not. We can work on the offensive and defensive lines this year, and still draft a QB next year, high if this guy isn't IT, lower if he is. Doing this would give us flexibility, particularly if he isn't the guy.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: An Idea for a third-round QB
Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 02:58AM

I could live with that. Rosen has a season under his belt that gives him more value than any rookie we would bring in. We would have a year to find out if he is the answer or go first round for a qb in 2020. He still has a lot to prove and is smart enough to realize that so he comes in knowing what he has go to do. Is he Rodgers or Joey Harrington time to find out. We have 2 young qbs Falk and Rudock on the roster so we would not have to spend a draft pick for a development qb in this draft. I like this better than bringing in Taylor or Fitzgerald (mediocre u know you gotta replace them). Bridgewater (went 11-5 his second year as starter) injured 3rd season so never go to build on that. Brissett (I like him) are other options but a lot to like about Rosen (more imo).

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: March 11, 2019 05:21AM

I like that idea better than drafting Murray in the 1st.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 11, 2019 01:55PM

Difficult one for me. Josh Rosen from where I live now or Murray from where I grew up. One thing is for sure though. We need help at QB.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 11, 2019 02:20PM

Definitely we do need a new QB, but I can't see that a guy smaller than Pat White was is the answer. I'm told that Murray has a far better arm than White did, but what difference does that make if, like White, he gets smashed running his second play from scrimmage and never gets a chance to throw the ball? None at all.

Rick

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 11, 2019 09:20PM

Just read that Miami has an interest for Tyrod Taylor and another QB who's yet to be released, the article didn't say from where though.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 12, 2019 05:23AM

Yeah, we made an offer to Bridgewater, which he turned down and took less money to stay with the Saints.

Right now Tyrod looks like the guy.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 12, 2019 06:04AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Taylor put the hurt on our team when he was with Buffalo?

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 07:41AM

What QB hasn't put a hurtin on our swiss cheese defense and our high school LB's....

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: March 12, 2019 01:02PM

I'd rather suffer with my OWN trash than to live with somebody else's garbage.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 12, 2019 01:28PM

The QB yet to be cut would be Bortles.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 12, 2019 02:40PM

And he'd be a good choice because he wouldnt hurt our chances for future comp picks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.