HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jim Caldwell
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jim Caldwell
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: February 20, 2019 04:58AM

I love this hire. Solid coach with a ton of experience and a pretty good won-loss record as a head coach. Yes, I know that his stats are padded by having taken over for Tony Dungee in Indy and having Manning as his QB, but still we haven't had a coach with his pedigree on the Miami assistant coaching staff in it seems like decades. Great mentor for Flores. I like the fact that Flores is unafraid of having a guy on his staff that could easily be named interim coach at some point in the future if things go awry. I always thought that Gase had too big an ego to hire accomplished assistants, hence Burke, Loggains, Foerster, etc. I've been a huge critic of some of the hair brain hires this franchise has made in the past...(Tannenbaum being the most notable example). I like to praise decisions that make sense and this is one of them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jim Caldwell
Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 20, 2019 06:26AM

Agree 100%. It seems that the front office is doing the same thing. Grier is surrounding himself with experience.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: February 20, 2019 08:15AM

100% agree. Glad that clown Gase is out. I like the Caldwell move and the recent addition of McKenzie. If we get Don Capers to be Caldwell counterpart on D I would say the front office has really got there act together when it comes to drawing talent to Miami.

Date: February 20, 2019 09:40AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 100% agree. Glad that clown Gase is out. I like
> the Caldwell move and the recent addition of
> McKenzie. If we get Don Capers to be Caldwell
> counterpart on D I would say the front office has
> really got there act together when it comes to
> drawing talent to Miami.

I think Jacksonville signed Capers to be their senior defensive assistant but I'm okay with how things stack up because I expect Flores is more than capable of dealing with the defense. Offense is something that I think Caldwell will be invaluable to Flores. He's been a coordinator as well as a head coach. Honestly, I think we'd have been better off interviewing Caldwell for the head coaching position than stiffs like Dennis Allen and Loggains. That said, I'm good with a smart young guy like Flores who has the support of a seasoned coach who's been successful in the league. Now if we can just have a good draft or two, who knows?

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: February 20, 2019 10:19AM

It seems like the Dolphins are getting a solid game plan together (finally)

1. Renovated stadium
2. New training facility planned
3. Well versed, qualified, experienced coaching staff
4. Well respected personnel in front office

Now its time to get some talent ON the field.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: February 20, 2019 10:31AM

As long as ross is the owner we be still be $H!TTING BRICKs.

Date: February 20, 2019 10:32AM

Of course i hope iam wrong but we have stunk for so long with many different coaches that i just dont see a way out.

Date: February 20, 2019 12:53PM

Thanks for the update on Capers. Reeling him in would have been the gravy on the chocolate cake. I too like the bringing in of McKenzie another good eye for talent.

I hope we have a good draft but Im also interested in what the new staff can do with some of our underdeveloped talent (Carroo, Harri, Gesecki).

Date: February 21, 2019 04:52AM

mizzou15 Wrote:
> Thanks for the update on Capers. Reeling him in
> would have been the gravy on the chocolate cake. I
> too like the bringing in of McKenzie another good
> eye for talent.
>
> I hope we have a good draft but Im also interested
> in what the new staff can do with some of our
> underdeveloped talent (Carroo, Harri, Gesecki).

Definitely. Harris in particular could benefit from a position move to LB in a 3-4 defense. He's just not suited to be a DE. I think Gesecki will get better with better quarterbacking. The trick is to find better quarterbacking. So far, I like what I'm seeing because it's in stark contrast to what I saw in Gase. It's early but I guess it doesn't cost anything to be optimistic.

Date: February 21, 2019 08:17AM

Quote The trick is to find better quaterbacking...

Thats what ive always said...

If we can score some points we can win a lot of games...

Everybody is down when you have tannehill as the qb whos good for just one drive at beginning of game.

Everybody will play better and more inspired when they see we are scoring points....

Example....With tannehill we were just good for one good drive a game...

How can you be inspired to play defense for example....>When you know that your offense is good for an average 10 points a game?

Nobody in this dolphins team believed in tannehill anymore. Thats why he will be playing backup somewhere else.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: February 22, 2019 02:19AM

samsam3738 Wrote:

> How can you be inspired to play defense for
> example....>When you know that your offense is
> good for an average 10 points a game?
>

Easy...Just look at your bank account during the game. Also, we didn't score points with any QB since...shoot...I can't even remember. If your offense scores 10 then your job on defense is to make sure the other team scores 9. PERIOD!!!!

I get paid to do my job and do it well. You think I let my work slip because I may have to pick up the slack of other people around me? That is a loser mentality and that kind of thinking should not be welcome on any team.

These big guys are nothing but sissy ass whining little girls. You are paid to play and game and paid very handsomely to do it. Do the job you are paid to do and no one will complain.

The one change at QB is not going to make this team better instantly. They are working towards becoming better with all these hirings. Again, Tanne is not the reason this team has been garbage for so long. A factor? Maybe. But to think that replacing him makes us instantly competitive is dumb.

Date: February 22, 2019 04:29AM

This team has been garbage and when the entire team is garbage that points to the coaches. When the coaches allow the team to play like garbage that points to the front office.

Tanne oline D all have played like garbage.

Im happy to see this team makes the moves today they should have made almost 20 years ago.

Date: February 22, 2019 04:31AM

Grimey not even the best defense of alltime allows just 9 points a game. Imposible in the nfl.

Date: February 22, 2019 04:48AM

The whole Tannehill "debate" at this point is moot. He's not going to be on the team next year (very likely) and therefore I wish him well wherever he goes (unless he goes to the pats, bills, or jets and except when he plays Miami). Tannehill wasn't helped by the coaching or the personnel people while he was here. The offensive line has stunk to high heaven. Gase gets a hair up his ass and gets rid of the few players that were actually play-makers. That said, Tannehill will likely be going forward what he's been throughout the years he's been here. At times good, at times bad, and never consistently either one. Time to forget Tannehill and wait to see who is brought in. Personally, I'd rather wait until 2020 to draft our QB. The QBs in this year's draft don't excite me and I sure as hell don't want to spend a first rounder on what looks to be average QB talent. We have way too many holes to fill to waste any first round picks.

Date: February 22, 2019 04:57AM

My point is we score almost no points..

What defense is going to want to get up to play when they know the offense scores almost no points?

On this same team with same players....you put a real good qb that knows what he is doing and we will make playoffs over and over.

I do think a change to a better qb will instantly make us better...

Why didnt it work out with suh.....Why did landry struggled? Etc etc.

Why doesnt it work with some players who played here and are in other teams now playing better?

BECAUSE wE SCORE ALMOST NO POINT WITH SORRY TanNEHILL.

I hate brady....

Put brady on this team with the same players we have and we are suddenly a playoff team...

Even the OLINE Will play harder and block better when they know they have a star playing QB...

Anybody that played sports before knows this.

Date: February 22, 2019 04:59AM

These guys just dont play up to their potential because they just didnt care anymore.

It happens when you play lazy and uninspired football.

Why do you think marino always had a great...Oline....you never saw anybody saying.....that miami Oline stinks///

And had maybe 100 Oline players play for him while his tenure here.

A few of them guarantee you werent that good..

But when you play sports and you have that motivation that you are playing with a star qb trust me....it gets you to that next level...You know this if you played sports before...

Why is New englnd Oline always good?

And theyve had backups many times and third stringers or whatever...

Ask yourself that question.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 05:05AM by samsam3738.

Date: February 22, 2019 05:07AM

But when you have sorry @$$ tannehill in the pocket just waiting to be sacked clueless backthere....

You dont think the Oline players see this...

Its called giving up..

Whats the point of playing if you are going to have the same dam outcome every single time we played a game that mattered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 05:10AM by samsam3738.

Date: February 22, 2019 05:24AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> My point is we score almost no points..

RESPONSE: We scored 19.9 ppg last year. 26th in the league so yes we didn't score much. 7 games with 20 points or fewer which we only won 1 of those. Only 2 games we played with less than 10 points and loss both.

>
> What defense is going to want to get up to play
> when they know the offense scores almost no
> points?
>
RESPONSE: That is what they are paid to do.

>
> On this same team with same players....you put a
> real good qb that knows what he is doing and we
> will make playoffs over and over.

RESPONSE: Yea one player will help us overcome the Pats and the rest of the AFC playoff teams
>
> I do think a change to a better qb will instantly
> make us better...

RESPONSE: I agree that it could make us better but far from fixing everything in order to sustain a winning team

>
> Why didnt it work out with suh.....Why did landry
> struggled? Etc etc.

RESPONSE: I hope you don't mean Jarvis. I think you should go look at his stats with us every year with "mediocare" QB's throwing him the ball and compare it to his year last year with the Browns. Suh had good years for us every year he played. He can't do everything on the D-line.

>
> Why doesnt it work with some players who played
> here and are in other teams now playing better?

RESPONSE: Coaching is probably the number 1 reason for this over everything else.

>
> BECAUSE wE SCORE ALMOST NO POINT WITH SORRY
> TanNEHILL.

RESPONSE: We scored enough to win games. I am in support of getting a new QB but not reaching for one. But I am tired of all the blame being on Tanne. This whole team sucked but they are fixing that. Takes time.

Date: February 22, 2019 05:29AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> But when you have sorry @$$ tannehill in the
> pocket just waiting to be sacked clueless
> backthere....
>
> You dont think the Oline players see this...
>
> Its called giving up..
>
>
> Whats the point of playing if you are going to
> have the same dam outcome every single time we
> played a game that mattered.

I wish I could just give up on my job and still have a job and get paid. Must be nice and I make much less than these babies.

No joke, if that is how they are or how they think then they need to be removed off the team. Such a loser mentality to think like that. No wonder kids now a days are such pu$$y's...

Date: February 22, 2019 06:37AM

You see some of these athletes have great years then comes payday....and after they get big contracts....the be lasy and dont give a crap.

Date: February 22, 2019 07:43AM

Not saying all but some of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.