-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          RIP Kuech
RIP Kuech
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: January 13, 2019 07:21AM

Miami Dolphins great Bob Kuechenberg has died at 71. One of the all time greats and should have been in Hall of Fame. God Speed Kuech. Hall of Famer in my eyes.

Re: RIP Kuech
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 13, 2019 10:03AM

Yes.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 13, 2019 03:01PM

I learned about this earlier today at a car show where Joe Rose was present. He made the announcement that Kuechenberg passed away last night.

Bob Küechenberg was an old school hard-nosed football player that played didn't let ailments stop him from playing. One tough hombre.

Very sad to learn he's gone; should be in the HOF, in my opinion. He optimizes the football play of the 72 Dolphins.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 13, 2019 04:09PM

Holy crap, that stinks.

He was one of my favorite players. He was a great Guard but at one time or another played every position on OL, to fill in for injuries where needed. He was very tough and underrated by all but his teammates and opponents.

This is a guy who played with a steel bar in his arm in the super bowl against the Vikings, and completely shut down Alan Page (for all of you too young to remember, Alan Page was the legendary hall of famer anchoring the Vikings "Purple People Eaters" defense.) Kooch held him to ONE TACKLE during that entire super bowl, which is especially notably because we only threw the ball seven times during that entire game.

Kooch's career spanned the eras between Griese and Marino. He was a fierce competitor and one of the toughest guys to ever play the game. I even got to meet him once, very quickly and he and I exchanged emails on another occasion. He was a cool guy and one of the reasons we won two super bowls in the 70s.

RIP mr. K.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2019 04:35PM by JC.

Date: January 14, 2019 08:07AM

71. Way too young. God bless.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 15, 2019 04:14AM

Too bad. RIP K.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.