HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          How the hell do we lose this game?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
How the hell do we lose this game?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:34AM

It's the first play of the third quarter, and a rookie 240 lb. running back sprints for a touchdown putting us down just 4 points after we survive a disastrous first quarter and get back the momentum. We play decent defense (for a change) and force them to take a FG to go to 24-17. Then, we get the ball with the momentum and decent field position. From that point, we can't do anything right, Gase forgets how to coach, most of the players forget how to play, and the offense stagnates and basically costs us the game. So, in your opinion, what happened? Who screwed up? Did everybody screw up? I'm baffled. I really thought for a while that we were going to win a big one on the road, but..

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How the hell do we lose this game?
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:58AM

IMO Gase is the biggest problem. He doesn't know how to coach, he doesn't know how to call plays. I saw Gesecki a couple of times today. Where has he been for the past several weeks. Why did we spend draft picks on two TEs that hardly ever see the field and once again neglect the o-line?

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:07PM

Burke's gotta go and Gase has to give up play calling. Those are the 2 demands the front office needs to make to Gase for him to return next year. I did not buy that miracle crap last week. It was the annual overachieve game against the Pat and they barely pulled that win out of their *&*%. As I said in the preseason if this team screws up this year its on the coaches not the front office. Even with injuries I think there is enough talent on this team a more competent coaching staff would get more out of.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:23PM

And.....we're back!

Coming into this game, we were a 5-8 team in 7-6 clothing.
C'mon, we're within an eyelash of losing the last 3 games, instead of being 2-1 in that span.

Who didn't think that Cousins, Diggs, and Theilen, we're going go off huge vs our xman-less D? Or, didn't see Dalvin Cook gashing the worst run D in the league?!

And did we really think we were going to do squat against a Zimmer lead D...in Minnesota...with a patch work offense, and RT at Q?!

If anyone here actually thought we had a chance today, you were obviously still hung over from the "Miami Miracle" kool-aid that was being over-served to a lot of fans.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:39PM

Buffalo beat the Vikes in Minneapolis by 20 points w/ a rookie qb earlier this season. Vikes are beatable.

Posted by: Grimey13 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 01:52PM

Buffalo actually has a good defense and our O-line is hot trash. That is the difference. Well and Gase is a joke and missing a set of balls.

Date: December 16, 2018 01:55PM

Buffalo actually has a good defense and our O-line is hot trash. Gase also has no clue and is missing a set of balls.

Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 16, 2018 05:12PM

We lost because neither our coach nor our QB can handle a blitz that everybody in the stadium knows is coming.

Date: December 17, 2018 01:13AM

Doesn't help when the defense gives up 41 points also. This team is just a joke all around. Yes we have had a lot of injuries but these guys are all professionals.

I really love when guys celebrate after a tackle but yet are losing by double digits. This game is all about the individual player now a days. Oh and how cool they can make the celebrations.

Over paid POS's...Every last one of them.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: December 18, 2018 03:01AM

I'd say its more on Gase. I was looking at the routes the WR were running when MINN was blitzing. No one was open. Mostly it was Parker, Stills, and Butler running vertical routes with no crosser. Tanny had no one open to even try and force the ball to.

Date: December 18, 2018 04:14AM

Come on Chambers we all know it was all Tanne's fault. Not the swiss cheese O-line, not the receivers getting no separation, not the play calling knowing that MIN would blitz every down, not the LB being able to do anything or cover anybody.

Most of this team is average and below players yet Tanne is the biggest concern? Please find someone that can unseat Tanne in the near future but that is the least of our concerns with this team.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 16, 2019 11:49AM

testing

Date: January 17, 2019 02:59AM

Lol. Your paranoid! Is my word getting out!!? Lol. I think hell for you would be reading here and no way to repond.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 17, 2019 12:00PM

You're becoming a stalker.

Date: January 17, 2019 04:01PM

TEST. grinning smiley. Sept is a loooooong way off brother. Dont get thin skin now.drinking smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 17, 2019 04:30PM

See now, I was just kidding and you took it seriously.

A stalker? You? Hardly! Everyone knows you run AWAY from confrontation.

LOL.

Now, don't take that seriously either.

I'm just having fun with you in the off season.

Errr.....BEFORE the draft (when it'll get serious as you move to protect Tanny).

Date: January 18, 2019 02:54AM

No. Cant protect Tanny anymore. Writing is on the wall. My focus is the future. I don't want our next Qb done in like Tanny was. I will garantee if he goes to a team like the PATs or The Steelers he will get a Championship. If he signs with the Texans or the Browns.....not so much.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 18, 2019 03:54AM

Date: January 18, 2019 03:56AM

Just like you guaranteed we would make playoffs with tannehill
in 2018.

Date: January 18, 2019 04:45AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just like you guaranteed we would make playoffs
> with tannehill
> in 2018.

Besides the fsct that our entire starting offense rooster was out. Besides the fact Tannehill was hurt trying to make a play and was out half the season. Besides the fact that the defense just gave up becuase the Head Coach ignored that side of the ball.....we ALMOST made it. Lol.

But you got your way. Congrats . Enjoy the draft.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 18, 2019 05:42AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> samsam3738 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just like you guaranteed we would make playoffs
> > with tannehill
> > in 2018.
>
> Besides the fsct that our entire starting offense
> rooster was out. Besides the fact Tannehill was
> hurt trying to make a play and was out half the
> season. Besides the fact that the defense just
> gave up becuase the Head Coach ignored that side
> of the ball.....we ALMOST made it. Lol.
>
> But you got your way. Congrats . Enjoy the draft.

NO, i didn't get my way. I wanted to win but we couldn't win this year with all the injuries and years before when he was healthy we couldnt make playoffs with him either because he just isn't good enough..

Date: January 18, 2019 08:07AM

Continue to see only what you want to see. Any rookie QB that comes here will get ruined as well if things dont change.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 18, 2019 09:22AM

This franchise has turned into a HC/QB killer. In the meantime the Cheats win their 10th straight division tile. Unreal.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 18, 2019 11:19AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Continue to see only what you want to see. Any
> rookie QB that comes here will get ruined as well
> if things dont change.

There are (supposedly) only four QBs in this year's draft that are at least half-way decent.

There are a few teams drafting ahead of Miami that need QBs, for one reason or another. Will one of those guys drop to Miami?

Personally, I would wait for the 2020 draft. There are at least four good QBs coming out, and Miami isn't expected to do much this upcoming season, so they could be picking top 10.

Miami needs to draft the best player on their board when their turn comes up. Rookie QB will probably not play anyway, and with the rebuilding that is coming, why would anyone want to chance that guy getting hurt?

Miami is looking at the guys (Qcool smiley they presently have to be playing next year. My guess? It will be Fales to start the season, and if things don't go well, then maybe Falk gets on the field.

I say start building the team to get ready for the 2020 season.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: January 18, 2019 11:58AM

"find someone that can unseat Tanne in the near future but that is the least of our concerns with this team."

No, not the least of our concerns. Sure we have plenty of other holes and therefore other concerns, but QB is the most important single position in sports, and an NFL team isn't going anywhere without at least a competent one. We haven't had one since Marino retired, with the one-year exception of Chad Pennington- and we made the playoffs that year.

Rick

Date: January 18, 2019 12:21PM

Totally, Rick.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 19, 2019 06:18AM

captkoi Wrote:
> Personally, I would wait for the 2020 draft.

Hey why not wait until "The Year 2525" ( MAYBE Colonel and/or ChyrenB will remember that song)

Date: January 19, 2019 10:51AM

Yup.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 19, 2019 12:12PM

If man should be alive.

Date: January 19, 2019 12:40PM

If man is still alive, if woman should survive, they may find.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.