HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Vikings: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dolphins v. Vikings: Game Day Thread
Posted by: KB ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:09AM

Been hearing that excuse for too long. A QB can’t just stand there like a statue and not get sacked. Flip the channel, watch Rogers step up in the pocket, watch Luck side step and deliver the ball, watch Rivers sense the rush and get rid of the ball... I was all for drafting Tannehill and given the same circumstances I would be again, but he’s shown his skills, had his chances, he doesn’t have ‘it’ and ‘it’ isnt Something that’s gonna magically show up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:09AM

Why is Tannehill still in there?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:14AM

No doubt about it. This guy cannot win on the road. Plus, he can't beat a blitz he and everybody else in the stadium knows is coming. Instead of getting off a quick pass unless his guy is covered and then just throwing it away so we can punt from the current line of scrimmage, he pulls the ball down and basically waits to get sacked, so we have to punt from 8 or 10 yards further back. Stupid. Poor QB coaching, too.

Rick

Date: December 16, 2018 11:21AM

I'm having doubts because his QB's can't handle a blitz at all, and he apparently doesn't realize that he has to call quick passes if his o-line is blocking poorly (or, not at all). He also apparently doesn't realize that some quick passes can be thrown downfield instead of sideways, or that if something is working you don't need to change it, or even that you shouldn't change it. ITS WORKING. Leave it.

Rick

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:25AM

Another pathetic away game.

Granted RT is limited with his legs and the lousy offensive line play compounds the inability for any offense. Parker and Stills not in this game. Was it lack of time for Tannehill to throw to them? Lack of breaking away from coverage in their routes? A combination of both? Yeah, probably both.

The Dolphins lose this one 41 to 17.

There were only a couple of good plays in my opinion. The interception for a pick six and Ballage's long run from scrimmage for a TD. Nothing else to make the highlights.

Post game talk will again be that Tannehill is not enough QB, Gase and management continue to fail, Gase can't call plays with a damn, the offensive line stinks and needs quality players and good back up bench strength. The D...stinks period. It can't stop running plays and secondary coverage is typically lacking as a whole. It is the same old discussions with the same feeling of despair that nothing will be done to upgrade anything during the off season which is soon to be here. No hope to make the play offs and honestly, the Dolphins would be easy pickings in the first round anyway.

Will the Dolphins ever see a 10-12 wins in a season again? What is the likelihood of them ever taking the AFC East Title? My crystal ball is broken...anyone know?

Date: December 16, 2018 11:33AM

If someone had told the 9 year old me in 1973 that, in the next 45 years, no one would return to the moon and the Dolphins wouldn’t win another super bowl...guess which one I would have thought less likely sad smiley

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 16, 2018 11:40AM

KB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If someone had told the 9 year old me in 1973
> that, in the next 45 years, no one would return to
> the moon and the Dolphins wouldn’t win another
> super bowl...guess which one I would have thought
> less likely sad smiley

I hear that.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 16, 2018 12:15PM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:39PM

Nick Mullens is better and tougher than tannehill. Sign him

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 16, 2018 02:48PM

Where is doris?

Hey doris get it through your thick head.......

Tannehill is nothing but a wet firecrCker.

Date: December 16, 2018 03:05PM

The Dolphins are 1-6 in away games. The team is atrocious on the road. Fans have to wonder why the team is so sorry in another team's stadium.

Date: December 16, 2018 05:03PM

Well, Sam, on more than one occasion, I heard the television announcer say "Miami's in the Wildcat" and on those plays, I saw the Ryan Tannehill from Big Springs High School and from Texas A & M.

It also led him, on plays in which he was IN the pocket, to, on his own, without it collapsing, or should I say before it collapsed, getting OUT OF THE POCKET.

Bottom line, Tannehill played damn well today.

Hopefully, Gase is learning that that just like you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, neither can you make a sow's ear out of a silk purse.

I think it is dawning on him that Tannehill plays better out of the pocket.

Date: December 16, 2018 05:10PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Well, Sam, on more than one occasion, I heard the
> television announcer say "Miami's in the Wildcat"
> and on those plays, I saw the Ryan Tannehill from
> Big Springs High School and from Texas A & M.
>
> It also led him, on plays in which he was IN the
> pocket, to, on his own, without it collapsing, or
> should I say before it collapsed, getting OUT OF
> THE POCKET.
>
> Bottom line, Tannehill played damn well today.
>
> Hopefully, Gase is learning that that just like
> you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear,
> neither can you make a sow's ear out of a silk
> purse.
>
> I think it is dawning on him that Tannehill plays
> better out of the pocket.

Agreed...but I just don’t think you can win consistently in the NFL without a guy who CAN play in the pocket. Not exclusively but he has to be able to do it.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 16, 2018 05:52PM

I had to turn off the tv at the end of the first quarter. Got off work at 8am, stayed up to see a total ass kicking from the get go. Went to sleep until the 3rd quarter and checked the game, 17 - 24...still in it! No s sooner I tune in and see Gore get hurt. Now I'm thinking, am I cursing this team by watching? So I go back to sleep and wake up to see the final ass kicking score. No, I didn't curse the team, they got out coached and out played in every aspect. This team is so consistantly inconsistent it isn't even funny. If I owned this team I wouldn't tolerate this much suckness any longer, I would totally clean house from top to bottom. I wish Ross had the balls I have.

Date: December 16, 2018 06:12PM

Ross owns the team only so he can hobnob with celebrities.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 16, 2018 06:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Ross owns the team only so he can hobnob with
> celebrities.

There's a reason why he cant attract anyone worthy of running his team. Too bad.

Date: December 16, 2018 08:11PM

You might be right, KB. But there was a short time in the NFL when the wildcat became popular.

Date: December 17, 2018 07:19AM

Date: December 18, 2018 02:02PM

"Will the Dolphins ever see a 10-12 wins in a season again? What is the likelihood of them ever taking the AFC East Title? My crystal ball is broken...anyone know?"

You don't have to have a crystal ball to know that the odds are....not good.

Rick

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.