HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Still Playoff Hopes or time to think draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Still Playoff Hopes or time to think draft
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 26, 2018 08:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Still Playoff Hopes or time to think draft
Date: November 27, 2018 02:20AM

This is really a dumb poll.

Anyone who isnt wishing for playoffs and for a better draft pick has serious issues.

Think about what I just said. You are asking for a choice between the PLAYOFFS....another week of Miami Dolphins football or sucking the next 8 games for a draft pick on a silly ESPN draft spectacle.

You live to see some unknown kid run out onto the stage with a Miami Dolphins hat in the first round. THATS what your wishing for.

WTF? (Walking away shaking my head)What happened to you? I dont care whos playing ever.I want them to win.Do us all a favor and delete this nonsense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 03:45AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: November 27, 2018 04:05AM

You never tank anything and always play to the whistle. But, that said it's time to start thinking draft and FA as a fan...because that's where we are right now. It would take a miracle for us to get to the playoffs and we'd have to run the table to have even a whiper of a prayer...just ain't happening.

Date: November 27, 2018 05:00AM

Yeah , I can say we need to upgrade this or that...Sure. but that poll is ridiculous.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 05:17AM

Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: November 27, 2018 06:11AM

You hope to win them all, but reality for Miami is that they will have another sub .500 year. The things I'm hoping for (since winning a title is out of the question with the current state of affairs)

1. Fire Tannenbaum (please, please, please!!!)
2. Fire Grier
3. Fire Gase
4. Ross gets a good football mind to head up the search for a GM (Someone like Ron Wolf comes to mind).
5. Let the new GM hire his own head coach.
6. Start drafting a QB every year until you find a franchise one.
7. Purge this roster, accumulate as many draft picks as possible. Start the rebuild.

Yeah, it would take time to become relevant, but it's not like the current group is ever going to make the team a winner. The first step to fixing something is admitting you have something to fix.

Date: November 27, 2018 06:34AM

samsam3738 Wrote:

>
>
> Sucking the next 8 games?
>
> You mean sucking the last 3 or 4 games...LOL
>
> Season is over dude.

Then why are you even here?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 27, 2018 07:59AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> samsam3738 Wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > Sucking the next 8 games?
> >
> > You mean sucking the last 3 or 4 games...LOL
> >
> > Season is over dude.
>
>
> Then why are you even here?

Iam here because iam a dolphin fan just like you. I just dont see the dolphins with them HUGE aqua tinted glasses like you do!

Date: November 27, 2018 08:18AM

Aqua Tinted Glasses = We going to go to the playoffs with tannehill.

Yeah right.

Posted by: SCPhinsFan ()
Date: November 27, 2018 10:16AM

I think we would all love for the Dolphins to make the playoffs but the reality is that they probably won't due to injuries, scheduling, etc.

I am not one to say to clean house every 3 years but I think it needs to be done.

Gase came in as a young coach with a great football mind. I have no doubt he knows and understands the game. I don't see any improvement in his overall coaching or handling of the team from
Year 1 though.

Same with the front office. Every year, we try to fill in gaps like we are on the verge of greatness. That is not the case though. The team needs to be completely rebuilt and I don't think the management in place is capable of doing that.

Date: November 27, 2018 11:48AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> Aqua Tinted Glasses = We going to go to the
> playoffs with tannehill.
>
> Yeah right.

So we dont go to the playoffs.so Tannehill gets hurt and doesnt play. So what ? You know what I did this season? I spent a fantastic sunday with my boys watching a great 5 quarters of Football maddness against the Bears in person.

Last Sunday we were 10 point underdogs and we still almozt pulled it out. Again great family day.

The only thing tinted is my love of life my friend. We got half a season left. Then thats all she wrote until next September. F the draft. Living for the draft is just sad.You are all cuaght up in the hype. Did you even watch the draft or give a shit in the 70s or 80s when it was oneday?

If your a fan Fing act like it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 27, 2018 12:15PM

Date: November 27, 2018 02:08PM

No nerve hit. Just think its dumb to start talking draft to make yourself feel better. Some people here actually have alot of draft Knowledge....all you do is talk about moving up for a big splash. Not building a team. You have such a small thin focus on what makes you feel better. A QB throwing bombs.Then Tannehill actually throws a few and you want to rationalize it was all the reciever. AND YOU DIDNT EVEN WATCH IT. LOL. I have to laugh......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 27, 2018 07:30PM

I really do enjoy your posts, Treasure. You are a romantic in the classical literature sense of the word which means that you can always be counted on to take the same position no matter what the situation.

Well, ....errr....and I see you again hit me for not watching the game. Boy, am I disloyal.

Back to well,.... I never said that the receiver was responsible for anything but catching the ball and making most of those yards in YAC.

Again, after reviewing the nlf.com's highlights, I saw no pass in the air for 70 yards (or even 50 or 40) and then the receiver catches it.

Maybe it's my fault and I should look again.

Date: November 27, 2018 08:16PM

Date: November 28, 2018 03:31AM

!AND HE WAS IN THE POCKET WHEN HE THREW IT. grinning smiley

Dont care that you didnt watch it. Not a bit.I just dont get how you can respond like you actually have Knowledge of the play. Then talk draft draft draft . God damn......its still November! The middle of the season.Its like you live to just watch a stupid ESPN spectacle 1 weekend in April. Then if you dont get what you want from reading lousy hype on line.....you bitch and moan like a 6yr old would didnt get what he wanted for Christmas.

Take a Sunday and actually watch Ryan Tannehill before you claim to know anything. And he was in the Pocket 90% of the game. Stood strong. Watch and see.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 28, 2018 04:36AM

Date: November 28, 2018 06:52AM

Looks like nobody is with tcpf on this one poll.....only tcpf voted to push for playoffs.

Date: November 28, 2018 08:43AM

I dont care. Lol. I believe I was the onky one who stated Dion Jordon was a mistake.but you got your little draft day splash and probably spent the afternoon rewinding it with your pants around your ankles.

I love football. Watching week to week, and Im a Dolphins fan. No apologies.
Go wish for a draft pick , ill watch the game. cool smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 28, 2018 10:30PM

For example, the Thursday Night Football game is between New Orleans and Dallas.

Neither are even in our conference. Both are in the NATIONAL Football Conference and thus they are not competing with MIAMI for any playoff spot or ranking.

However, the draft is conducted based on season records WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFERENCE.

Dallas is 6-5 and the Saints are 10-1.

Therefore, if you are a Dolphin fan, you root for Dallas to win because they are in competition with us for a Draft spot whereas New Orleans is 10-1 and we will be drafting BEFORE THEM anyway barring some miracle and we not only get into the playoffs but win the SuperBowl.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 29, 2018 03:14AM

Realistically as a Dolphin fan my faith has been greater in us getting good draft picks than making the playoffs.

Playoffs, last time this team went beyond the wild card game was like 20 years ago. We have not made it to the AFC championship game in over 30 years. Yeah Im sitting and hoping for them to make the playoffs like Im waiting for some fat bast**** to slide down a chimney in MIA next month. I spend quality time with my teenager on Sundays knowing that he will soon be 18 and leaving me rather than watch this mediocre bunch. Glad Im doing that I would not trade it for the world. Catch the phins on the radio like I did when I was 9 years old.

I love my Phins but Im not damn stupid.

Insert Jim Mora quote here.

Date: November 29, 2018 11:51AM

That about says it all.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 29, 2018 12:59PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
> Therefore, if you are a Dolphin fan, you root for
> Dallas to win

I don't think I've ever rooted for Dallas to win...at anything. Chyren, you should be able to understand that. It dates back to Super Bowl VI grinning smiley Yeah I guess I'm holding a grudge.

Date: November 29, 2018 03:12PM

Date: November 29, 2018 03:13PM

Hey, look! Somebody else joined Treasure in the poll!

Date: November 30, 2018 04:38AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> Hey, look! Somebody else joined Treasure in the
> poll!

I bet you it was TCPF Imaginary friend.

Date: November 30, 2018 01:55PM

And a third person now. LOL. Hey folks. I've got one word for you, particularly for the LAST person to join TC.....math. Look at the records above and do the math. To get a division bid to the playoffs, we have to beat out the Patriots.

They have a 3 game lead on us with 5 games to go. That means to even tie them we need to go at least 4-1 to their 1-4. Going 3-2 to their 2-3 WON'T DO. In other words, that is not realistic.

The Chargers at 8-3 have as about as close of a lock on the first wildcard spot as you can get. That leaves only the 2nd wildcard. Both Baltimore and Indy have a one game lead on us for that and that means that with five games left, we have to go at least 3-2 to their 2-3, to even tie them to go on to a tiebreaker FOR THE LAST SIXTH and remaining playoff spot.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: November 30, 2018 02:44PM

Put Cincy ahead of us for the 6th spot too. If Cincy and Phins both end up at 8-8 (where I think we are headed at best) Cincy gets the nod because of their kicking our butts.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 30, 2018 03:46PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
>
> So never had any hard feelings against Staubach
> and the Cowboys.

I never had anything against Staubach either. He always seemed like a good guy.

It was the Cowboys fans that were usually the problem for me. "AMERICA'S TEAM" . phbbt

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.